Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan (45047 Views)

Mother And Her Three Children Die After Eating Amala In Kogi (Photos) / Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile / Guests Dragging Hot Amala At An Event Abroad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by freehero: 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2022
God punish poverty.
@OP, could I take you out?

1 Like

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by GoodIsGod: 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2022
NozinoGroup:

Your entire life post is filled with repetitive insults! I understand your vocabulary is limited but I want to help you expand it.

Mental patient? Like that’s the best you got? Because your mother is sharing her pusssyyyyy to mad men you think everyone is the same? Your life is so depressing you have to asss.lick strangers on nl to get writing gigs!!! Says how much of a terrible writer you are. I would have sympathized with you but your sad lonely life is sweeting me grin grin grin

How else do you want sane guys like me to address insane bastards like you.
Wisdom demands I limit my vocabulary to a mad man.

A mad man is a mad man. grin

Learn to be civil on a public platform or checkers like us with speak to Oponus like you in the language you understand.

The animals that gave birth to you should have thought you all the lessons I am teaching you now. But since they are what they are, they couldn't. Sorry!

You answered my single post with three Different posts. That shows how much you are pained. grin

Yorubas say: Aṣapẹ fun werey Jo, ohun werey ẹgbẹra. Meaning: He who beats a drum for a mad man to dance to, is not different from the mad man.
grin

Meaning: Limit the reply you give to an insane person.

So, here I put a stop to answering you. You are a mad man.

grin

grin

grin weep on.
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by drololaaof: 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2022
Omawumi17:
As a young hustler, I went to ojoo area in Ibadan to hustle
Luckily I was able to make 2300 naira profit
Excitedly, I took a Keke from ojoo to bodija and to buy some food stuffs from the profit. At all at all na winch
Unfortunately, the Keke dropped me in front of Amala skye �
I said to myself, babe, life is too short, enjoy small na
Na so I enter say make I spent 500 from the profit.
I saw people picking plate and a woman was scooping Amala into their plate
I picked mine too and she asked how many?
I said merin which means four little scoop
I moved staright to the ewedu and gbegiri line, the soup was enough for up to 4 persons
Next was the stew and meat line
I did not bother to ask the guy the price cos I thought at all at all meat ll not pass 500
I collected one bokoto
Na so I say make I pay money o
I handed 1k note to the cashier and he demanded for More
Kilode?
He said those tiny scoops I thought was 50# is actually 100# and since I collected 4, the Amala is 400. Mogbe!
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
He gave me the option of assorted 500
I grudgely accepted and ended up eating 900 at a go
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No
Will I return back? Yes if I get sponsor
Did I get food stuffs, yes only potatoes and crayfish
Moral lesson: Always ask questions, no matter how silly
It's your girl poshscents Ibadan �

Moral lesson
Ps: I rarely eat out
I Geert you raite oh . For those not buying food from bukataria always ask before you buy .
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by jclassiq(m): 9:47pm On Aug 24, 2022
Omawumi17:
Excitedly, I took a Keke from ojoo to bodija and to buy some food stuffs from the profit. At all at all na winch
I moved staright to the ewedu and gbegiri line, the soup was enough for up to 4 persons
I did not bother to ask the guy the price cos I thought at all at all meat ll not pass 500
I collected one bokoto
Kilode?
He said those tiny scoops I thought was 50# is actually 100# and since I collected 4, the Amala is 400. Mogbe!
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No

Moral lesson
It's all good. At least you still have balance of ₦1400.
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Zonefree(m): 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2022
oliverwrites:
Some of you are just retards. And I don't blame you, you are probably one idiot who hasn't seen life. Tw*t like you don't even know the plan I have for her.

Someone once gave me 40 naira that changed my life as it was millions to me then. With your pathetic attitude you won't go far in life. Didirin.
Sir, what year 40 Naira changed your life?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by sniperwolf(m): 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2022
I was actually there today. Had fish and goat meat with the amala for 3,600

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Midastorch(m): 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2022
Omawumi17:
I collected one bokoto
Kilode?
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No

Moral lesson

You went to Amala Skye to spend #900, you're such a broke ass bit h, when next a guy takes you out you'll appreciate his spending on you because he works for his money too.....I love the humour part of " E ni daamu oooo"

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by ozo13(m): 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2022
illicit:
U should have asked

What is it's 200 per scoop and the gbegiri and ewedu is sold like in Iya Yusuf restaurant in Ilorin
is that the current price because way back in 2018 na so inya Yusuf dey run am.i miss Ilorin sha.just the insecurity no allow me travel anyhow again
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Ishilove: 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2022
ThierryJay:
Very funny. The way you write reminds me of one lady moniker that used to write on Nairaland about her funny daily hustle experiences like 3 to 4 years ago. Can't remember the name but I think it starts with D or N and has "girl" inside. Lots of peeps enjoyed her write ups and encouraged her to go professional in writing.

Unfortunately she has disappeared for some time now from here. If you recall who I'm talking about please remind me of the name.
Naijasinglegirl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by NozinoGroup: 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2022
GoodIsGod:

How else do you want sane guys like me to address insane bastards like you.
Wisdom demands I limit my vocabulary to a mad man.

A mad man is a mad man. grin

Learn to be civil on a public platform or checkers like us with speak to Oponus like you in the language you understand.

The animals that gave birth to you should have thought you all the lessons I am teaching you now. But since they are what they are, they couldn't. Sorry!

You answered my single post with three Different posts. That shows how much you are pained. grin

Yorubas say: Aṣapẹ fun werey Jo, ohun werey ẹgbẹra. Meaning: He who beats a drum for a mad man to dance to, is not different from the mad man.
grin

Meaning: Limit the reply you give to an insane person.

So, here I put a stop to answering you. You are a mad man.

grin

grin

grin weep on.

You took forever to come up with this weak come back grin?

Imagine if you worked on your vocabulary. You won’t have to lick as.s to get writing gigs but because you watched your cheap who.rre of a mother lick as.s all her life, you think that’s the norm. It is quite sad. We are all products of our environment and honestly, I’m beginning to feel sad for you. No one deserves to grow up in a brothel. No one but you cheesy cheesy cheesy

You quoted two of my post with the same reply. Awww, sad life innit? End it bruv tongue tongue tongue

We both agree on not responding to a mad man which is what you, your miserable father, and your cu.m dump of a mother are!!! I would have added your unborn stillbirth children but I know you’re impotent!!!

Next time, learn a skill till you’re good so you don’t have to as.s lick any werey.

Now stop your tears for me to drink cool cool
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by wolebest: 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2022
Overpriced.......

For Ikeja, Alausa here 4 Amala balls with ewedu and gbegiri for 400 Naira, 1 ogunfe for 500 and 1 correct bottled water.

I'm good to go.
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by juniorjoe(m): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
I haven't eaten since two days, facing reason hardship... Good bless you as you assist me..
0040663338 ACCESS BANK
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by DamiAyo17(f): 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2022
Sammy07:

She was in Offa for sometime. I don't know why she left.

The last time I visited Offa, Iearnt she's not there again.
Any time I visit Offa, na Iya rasheed I go visit along Onika meji or Iya gbolahan around Oja ale
Dat iya gbolahan at oja ale no sweet at all, u can try Unique, there is another one located opposite Offa central hotel...their Amala is very nice
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by SPAMBOX7: 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2022
2special:
Why not double your hustle instead of waiting for a sponsor/ Maga before visiting their again
u dey mind the leech cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by DamiAyo17(f): 10:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
oliverwrites:
A sick man that can afford you and your family effortlessly for the next 3 years. I rather be that sick.

Oponu.
pls sir, can u help me with a sewing machine...I am a single mother of two kids...I DNT mind if it's a fairly used one..
God bless you sir
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Okhuadams(m): 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
Omawumi17:
I collected one bokoto
Kilode?
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No

Moral lesson
If na me carry you go now you go order orishirishi even take away go follow u reach house

1 Like

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Rickyforeign(m): 10:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
Omawumi17:
I collected one bokoto
Kilode?
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No

Moral lesson
i also reside in ibadan. I am igbo but do enjoy yoruba amala.. Could take u out preferably to an amala spot around iwo road... Its super cool
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by jojothaiv(m): 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2022
I tip my hat to Inalende, there's this amala joint not too far from Deeper Life Bible Church where all kind of magic as far as culinary is concerned is performed.

Ate there once and I promise to do that once I hustle my way back to Ogupa market, Ibadan the famous amala Republic will forever have a soft spot in my heart.

But as my compass dey Ipokia now, boya I should just mind the agoyin and bread till we cross over..
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by ThierryJay: 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ishilove:

Naijasinglegirl

Gotcha! Thanks. She's the one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by oliverwrites: 10:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
Zonefree:

Sir, what year 40 Naira changed your life?
This was year 2002. 40 wasn't big money even then but it changed my life for good not that I invested it or something but I am not able to explain here.

Thanks for asking.
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ademola47:
Normal normal, Amala Skye is for big boys.

You'll see those UI Prof, politicians etc eating 4-5k food there at once.

They'll buy like 4 wraps of Pounded Yam or Black Amala (@200 each), then 2 'Ogunfe' meat or 'Panla osan', then 'bokoto'... before you know it, bill don enter like 4,750.

I will search for Amala Skye when in Ibadan. Your description is mouth watering!
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Zonefree(m): 10:29pm On Aug 24, 2022
oliverwrites:
This was year 2002. 40 wasn't big money even then but it changed my life for good not that I invested it or something but I am not able to explain here.

Thanks for asking.
It's all good.

Goodnight from here.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by yetunsbay(m): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2022
Stallionhorse:
where you choose to eat is your decision I'm only yelling you that if you work harder you can eat st better places that are more expensive. Don't come here and cry over 900naira spent in a local joint. While your mates are spending 20-40k on a plate of food without winking.
900h or 20k. No be to eat & belleful

1 Like

Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Kimiso(m): 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
Omawumi17:
I collected one bokoto
Kilode?
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No

Moral lesson
you are so funny dude, but am surprised eating out is now that expensive in Ibadan too
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Ykc2(m): 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2022
All my former girl friends are yoruba girls ,but you see ewedu,gbegiri ,nla plus amala I never try testing it before,
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by illicit(m): 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2022
ozo13:
is that the current price because way back in 2018 na so inya Yusuf dey run am.i miss Ilorin sha.just the insecurity no allow me travel anyhow again

I left Ilorin around that time too

The last time I visited I didn't go to Iya Yusuf

I bought take away from Buka, tastes good and cheaper than Iya Yusuf
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by winner37(m): 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
Same scenario, I made used of the nearest p.o.s .
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Sammy07: 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
DamiAyo17:

Dat iya gbolahan at oja ale no sweet at all, u can try Unique, there is another one located opposite Offa central hotel...their Amala is very nice

Yeah, I know unique na student food mostly back then (like students visit them wella) I'll try the one you type any time I dey around.

Nice to meet you grin
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Sammy07: 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ykc2:
All my former girl friends are yoruba girls ,but you see ewedu,gbegiri ,nla plus amala I never try testing it before,

You're missing Bro cool
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Yoighaman(m): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2022
Omawumi17:
I collected one bokoto
Kilode?
Meat nko
He said the meat is 1000
Na so I shout o
Eyo kuro o eni damu o
I no want
Was the food nice? Yes
Was I satisfied? Hell No

Moral lesson

God bless your hustle dear. More power to your elbow.
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by Goalnaldo(m): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2022
oliverwrites:
DM me and I will take you to same spot to treat yourself. No sting attached. I am married with 3 kids. Alternatively DM me yourself details but you must video yourself enjoying yourself.

Country hard and helping each other is the way to go through this period.

Your story touched me as I ate there many times.
I'll appreciate if you Help me boss. Pocket get as e be now.1003612349 VFD God bless you
Re: My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan by dododawa1: 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2022
No amount is too small to enjoy someone life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See The Fish I Bought for ₦‎5,000 / Barber Drinks To Death In Lagos Over N10,000 / Man Beats Goat For Eating His Jollof Rice (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.