Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion (17026 Views)

Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised / 1979 Class Of President, VP , Governors Etc Only Two Are Still Alive (Full List) / Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by rusher14: 10:16am On Aug 23, 2022
Pauldollars:
Competence should be the most important thing.
However when the candidate of the APC picks a Muslim-Muslim ticket in order to win votes from the North, then there is no need talking of competency here. It is about religion and getting more votes.

But is Nigeria normal?
Prof asked the right question.

Until Nigeria gets normal, we will have to use Christian-Muslim ticket

But shettima is even more competent than Obi.

So what more competence do you seek?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by MrCGPA(m): 10:16am On Aug 23, 2022
E
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by faithfull18(f): 10:16am On Aug 23, 2022
Epiphany92:
I heard from a reliable source from the APC that this “Muslim Muslim” ticket of Asiwaju’s is just to test the waters and if it works,Insha allah
No Christians,spiritualist or even atheist will taste third highest position in Nigeria ever again
The next experiment will be Northern Muslim/Northern Muslim ticket and nothing can change that ever again
Hmmn.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by jaxxy(m): 10:17am On Aug 23, 2022
Well the Impact on Nigeria is what we care about. Thankfully he expressed that at the end of his statement.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:17am On Aug 23, 2022
This man is senile.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by goragewick(m): 10:18am On Aug 23, 2022
MrCGPA:
E
Moving Services costs include packing materials boxes bubble roll stretch film for warping furniture plus [url] https://unitedmoversdubai.ae/[/url] professional team workers estimated moving cost 300 to onwards moving. we offer also moving boxes before moving. Get free moving quotes.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Kingspin(m): 10:19am On Aug 23, 2022
Epiphany92:
I heard from a reliable source from the APC that this “Muslim Muslim” ticket of Asiwaju’s is just to test the waters and if it works,Insha allah
No Christians,spiritualist or even atheist will taste third highest position in Nigeria ever again
The next experiment will be Northern Muslim/Northern Muslim ticket and nothing can change that ever again
Look at how the North messed up our military, and federal jobs.

Nigeria is not ripe for competence right now.
Anyone supporting Muslim tickets is unfit to manage society.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by MaliCampus: 10:20am On Aug 23, 2022
Never..I Give a danm
I say No to Muslim Muslim

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by beyondPen(m): 10:20am On Aug 23, 2022
Must our president be Muslim or christian?

Why can't a Traditionalist rule or Atheist or even other faith rule?

It shows we ain't diverse in our thinking as a country. Development starts from diverse in thinking because that's the way politicians can use it as a tool. And also diverse in thinking will help us always face the government collectively as Nigerians instead of as Muslim or christian.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by highchief1: 10:22am On Aug 23, 2022
Thinkam:
Is Nigeria normal? Since soyonka knows Nigeria isn't normal, why didn't he just answer a straight forward question, other than beat around the bush.

He was speaking to Nigerians of all ages and academic strata on live television , not a group of professors.
His comments have proven him to be dishonest, well I'm not surprised, he swore buhari is the messiah.
I tire jor
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Richarlison640(m): 10:23am On Aug 23, 2022
Oga we self no send you, you no waiting be poverty since our politicians no day do tins normally we self no go view tins normally eee don reach the one way go favour Dem now them want us to do tins normally
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by goragewick(m): 10:23am On Aug 23, 2022
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by obedience4(m): 10:24am On Aug 23, 2022
Now BAT fans will not read to discern and dicet what the Nobel Price winner is saying..
If Nigeria is working in a normal state were religion and ethnicity are not the biggest influencers of the Masses then there will be no issue about same religion ticket..
But using Kaduna for example a governor there will completely ignore the southern part because of religious affiliation.. A county were a certain region can't aspire to certain position because they don't have a person in power..
So What wole is saying is that in an normalized country.. Religion shouldn't play part in politics but competency.. But me and you know this country of us is not normal
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by onuman: 10:24am On Aug 23, 2022
This is how Soyinka gave us Buhari, but now denies his involvement.
Ethnic bigotry runs in some people's veins, no matter their levels of education and exposure.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by goragewick(m): 10:25am On Aug 23, 2022
https://sterlingsenioradvisory.com/
Drug addiction has a lot of triggers. These include fear, lack of social connection, and other life challenges. Such factors …https://topshealthinfo.com/
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by omenka(m): 10:27am On Aug 23, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
"Now, we're talking about a society which is normal, which institutions are normal... Is Nigeria normal?".

Under APC, Nigeria is not normal...a cabinet member under PMB once said that 'a serious government will solve power problem under 6months...that providing stable power supply is not rocket science'

Now, 6months don become 8years yet we no see constant power supply...e don become rocket science! The painful part is that the Bishop of Agbado Diocese & his parishoners want to continue in the ABNORMALITY.
I thought Obi said the same thing yesterday and you people clapped for him. Today you're kicking against same, that Nigeria isn't a "normal" society.

Y'all are pathetic.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Ayilara1(m): 10:27am On Aug 23, 2022
Why should he care? Do you people ever consider his religion too?
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by onuman: 10:28am On Aug 23, 2022
ghettokid1:
https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/23/2023-why-i-dont-care-if-nigerias-next-president-vp-speaker-are-of-same-religion-soyinka/

Soyinka admits that Nigeria is not normal.
But he supports a combo of Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket he knows shall further Nigeria's abnormality.
Speaking from the two ends of the mouth due to ethnic bigotry.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by sandland: 10:28am On Aug 23, 2022
Because you don't have any religion. You have had none all your life.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by AbuAeesha: 10:28am On Aug 23, 2022
only ignorants will place religion above competency in a country like nigeria.
but some pple will never allow/believe this.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Tunjibalogun: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2022
naijainstinct:
Truly, competence should be placed above ethnicity or religion in a normal society but like Prof asked, "is Nigeria normal?"
So Shettima Boko Haram is the competence. Stupid people everywhere
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Alpharey: 10:30am On Aug 23, 2022
Herdsmen:
Age is getting to him.. he have lived his youth .. in a well secured Nigeria .. now He’s 88 and don’t care what happens to the Nigeria youths and Nigeria as a country

If not for the IPOB thing and the aggressive nature of Obi supporters.. many Nigerians would have opt for Obi..

But as it is..

Just campaign them the bully curse insult threaten.. how e go come be wen the get that power .. Na to kill opposition and behead all

Soyinka is talking gibberish... he knows nothing .. diminishing return don set in..

Power to the people
Sai Waziri!

Sai Waziri? So Boko Haram terrorists and banditry from the north is not enough reason not to vote Atiku and even Shettima Continue lying to yourself. Your eyes will soon clear
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Canberra55: 10:31am On Aug 23, 2022
highchief1:
u cannot use waec that they helped u to write to understand what a prof of his standing means.go back to ur pos business sir.ppl who will understand already has.
See fake English master. Abeg change ur "has" to "have" b4 u de bash anoda man on top foreign language.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Quest7777: 10:32am On Aug 23, 2022

“I don’t give a damn if the president, the vice-President, the speaker, etc. all come from the same village, they have the same religion, they belong to the same tribe,”
shocked

Either this man is being insincere or he thinks Nigeria is USA.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Ogaralifor: 10:35am On Aug 23, 2022
Prof, your time is up, allow the youth to decide what they want,
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by UptownVibes(m): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
"Now, we're talking about a society which is normal, which institutions are normal... Is Nigeria normal?".

Under APC, Nigeria is not normal...a cabinet member under PMB once said that 'a serious government will solve power problem under 6months...that providing stable power supply is not rocket science'

Now, 6months don become 8years yet we no see constant power supply...e don become rocket science! The painful part is that the Bishop of Agbado Diocese & his parishoners want to continue in the ABNORMALITY.
They still want another 8years.. At first they blamed PDP. Now they are now blaming Obi grin and Obedients
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Monday60655(m): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2022
How can professor Soyinka be talking about competence when the sole aim of picking a Muslim-Muslim ticket was to get northern votes. So where is the competence in this scenario of Tinubu-Shetima ticket.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Onifademich(m): 10:37am On Aug 23, 2022
Are u in need of POS machine for ur business kindly contact me on 08060350449/08145566772 & for cheaper DATA & TV subscription kindly download HELPDESK TECH on playstore thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bullion Van Politicians Are After CBN - Atiku/Okowa Campaign / Prominent Obidient, Sarah Ibrahim Invited By Police For Questioning / Metuh: Testifying Will Expose Me To Criminal Trial – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.