Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion (17025 Views)

Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised / 1979 Class Of President, VP , Governors Etc Only Two Are Still Alive (Full List) / Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by hurlaryinkah(m): 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2022
Wisdom will tell you that what you have said here is nothing but, tantamount to creating disunity among Nigerians.
If security personnel should come for you to come and reveal the identity of who informed about this lies definitely,you will be left alone.

Epiphany92:
I heard from a reliable source from the APC that this “Muslim Muslim” ticket of Asiwaju’s is just to test the waters and if it works,Insha allah
No Christians,spiritualist or even atheist will taste third highest position in Nigeria ever again
The next experiment will be Northern Muslim/Northern Muslim ticket and nothing can change that ever again

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Epiphany92(m): 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2022
hurlaryinkah:
Wisdom will tell you that what you have said here is nothing but, tantamount to creating disunity among Nigerians.
If security personnel should come for you to come and reveal the identity of who informed about this lies definitely,you will be left alone.

ok
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Perfectbeing(m): 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2022
Bizibi:
After witnessing buhari nepotism and tribalism.,we can't take that risk.
No. After witnessing what Muslim Tinubu did to Christian's like Osinbajo, Fashola, Sanwo Olu and even igbos in his government, you should be able to take the risk.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Softmirror: 12:46pm On Aug 23, 2022
Epiphany92:
I heard from a reliable source from the APC that this “Muslim Muslim” ticket of Asiwaju’s is just to test the waters and if it works,Insha allah
No Christians,spiritualist or even atheist will taste third highest position in Nigeria ever again
The next experiment will be Northern Muslim/Northern Muslim ticket and nothing can change that ever again

grin
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by naijainstinct: 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

So Shettima Boko Haram is the competence. Stupid people everywhere
whatever you call your self, your hopeless father is stupid. Your useless mother is stupid. All your criminal siblings are stupid. Utter stupidity will envelop your entire linage till the tenth generation. Common sense will elude each and everyone of you. As you have read this with your eyes, so shall it be. The four elders of the earth has bore witness to this day. It can never be well with you.

If you even contemplate to mention me again, your brain will get mangled by a heavy duty trailer this week. You will bleed to death in the most gruesome manner, animal.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Bizibi(m): 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2022
Perfectbeing:
No. After witnessing what Muslim Tinubu did to Christian's like Osinbajo, Fashola, Sanwo Olu and even igbos in his government, you should be able to take the risk.
because you are supporting tinubu you want us to take the risk, even the northerners didn't take that path. I hear you!!
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by InvertedHammer: 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2022
/

If you are 88 years old, will you care about the future?

/
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2022
Unfortunately Nigeria is not normal because of people who sees Tinubu/Shettima as muslim-muslim candidate rather than Nigerians simply looking for votes to rule the country.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Epiphany92(m): 2:42pm On Aug 23, 2022
lansile:
Unfortunately Nigeria is not normal because of people who sees Tinubu/Shettima as muslim-muslim candidate rather than Nigerians simply looking for votes to rule the country.
you are probably a Muslim so you won’t see anything wrong in it,if it were vice versa you would issue a fatwa
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Kaiser20: 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2022
Why will Men who are few months to meet their Ancestors care.
If Soyinka is young he would have cared.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by GHOSTTALK: 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2022
sammysneh:
No dey disguise come out and say you support Apc
read before comment
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Epiphany92(m): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2022
lansile:
this is you calling your fellow country man 5% and praying they never rule but you want others to accept two Muslims at the helm of Nigerias affair

All these don’t matter to Atiku just you tribalist Apc members

Waziri

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by IPIGSRHYPO: 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2022
naijainstinct:
Truly, competence should be placed above ethnicity or religion in a normal society but like Prof asked, "is Nigeria normal?"
Nigeria Is not normal because of religious fanatics like Bokoharam, ipob, CAN and Zombidients online.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by fohlarp: 4:58pm On Aug 23, 2022
Baba is talking indirectly dt not in a sick country(with security challenges mainly frm d north) would u brg in muslim muslim to rule men o ma serious gan
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by aestake: 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2022
post=115976239:
For those who were not born or matured enough during the time Asiwaju was the governor of Lagos State, or for who did not experience how Lagos was before. I see a lot of people now, some young people who cannot enjoy night life in their states, who cannot enjoy good road in their states, they run to Lagos. They go to the club in the night without hindrance and they are abusing Tinubu from the club in that night life.

“It is an irony because you are in a state where you are living in peace.
You are abusing someone who is the father and architect of modern Lagos.
I’m sure you know how Lagos was with insecurity in the late 1990s, you know the problem at that time in Lagos.
At a time robbery in Lagos was a common thing as well as chaotic traffic in Lagos.
This guy! Suffer no dey tire you?
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by JAGS001(m): 8:08pm On Aug 23, 2022
Pauldollars:
Competence should be the most important thing.
However when the candidate of the APC picks a Muslim-Muslim ticket in order to win votes from the North, then there is no need talking of competency here. It is about religion and getting more votes.

But is Nigeria normal?
Prof asked the right question.

Until Nigeria gets normal, we will have to use Christian-Muslim ticket
When baba wole Soyinka asked if Nigeria is normal he's definitely referring to you, oga are you "normal"?
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by zoedew: 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
Of course, you don’t know any better!
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 23, 2022
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by johnnyjake12(m): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2022
POLITICAL HYPOCRISY
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Fearyourcreator: 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2022
Herdsmen:
Age is getting to him.. he have lived his youth .. in a well secured Nigeria .. now He’s 88 and don’t care what happens to the Nigeria youths and Nigeria as a country

If not for the IPOB thing and the aggressive nature of Obi supporters.. many Nigerians would have opt for Obi..

But as it is..

Just campaign them the bully curse insult threaten.. how e go come be wen the get that power .. Na to kill opposition and behead all

Soyinka is talking gibberish... he knows nothing .. diminishing return don set in..

Power to the people
Sai Waziri!
Lol...
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Fearyourcreator: 11:32pm On Aug 23, 2022
Herdsmen:
Age is getting to him.. he have lived his youth .. in a well secured Nigeria .. now He’s 88 and don’t care what happens to the Nigeria youths and Nigeria as a country

If not for the IPOB thing and the aggressive nature of Obi supporters.. many Nigerians would have opt for Obi..

But as it is..

Just campaign them the bully curse insult threaten.. how e go come be wen the get that power .. Na to kill opposition and behead all

Soyinka is talking gibberish... he knows nothing .. diminishing return don set in..

Power to the people
Sai Waziri!
I really don't have problem with Obi
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Wisfem: 12:02am On Aug 24, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
Useless man. No matter how educated they are, their bigotry would always becloud their sense of reasoning.

Who even told you, that the slave is Educated mainly back door professors who where lucky to meet cash in their parents reserve to bribe through then hung around on lucky Article and Pirates of compendiums to gain popularity, The guy can not stand in the same place with Achebe who is True professor not a White man salad...

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by tafat: 3:04am On Aug 24, 2022
naijainstinct:
Truly, competence should be placed above ethnicity or religion in a normal society but like Prof asked, "is Nigeria normal?"
Nigeria is far from normal.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:16am On Aug 24, 2022
ramonchang:

Not taking anything from what you said, but I think you should watch the full interview. Soyinka criticized the choice of Tinubu. He also mentioned that old class should do leave the political scene for young blood. This topic is misleading and I think the urchins grin are behind it
Well, if he did, he is still the Soyinka that we knew.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by helicoptarr: 11:06am On Aug 24, 2022
Opportunistically quoted out of context!
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by unmask: 12:09pm On Aug 26, 2022
Chiffy:

And for all the flaws you agbadorians highlight about Peter Obi, would you still have voted him if the flaws were not there?

Which truely are not there but are indeed fabricated by apc/pdp media crew.

Another problem. Anyone that has a point of view must belong to one side or the other. Well if you are a Peter Obi supporter, you are not doing your man any good.

You spend time attacking people online, when you should be explaining and trying to win people over with what your man will do.

Rather you have joined the bandwagon of the people you are vowing you are different from.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Chiffy: 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2022
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Chiffy: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
unmask:
Another problem. Anyone that has a point of view must belong to one side or the other. Well if you are a Peter Obi supporter, you are not doing your man any good.

You spend time attacking people online, when you should be explaining and trying to win people over with what your man will do.

Rather you have joined the bandwagon of the people you are vowing you are different from.

We did not say that we are different from anybody. We said Peter Obi is different and he has the capacity, discipline and competence to steer Nigeria towards a more equitable and productive society.

No one has monopoly of madness, afterall, we all products of the same stupendously corrupt nigerian system,
We do not attack those that do not attack Peter Obi. Go and verify from the outset, our response has basically being reactive responses to those who try to undermine or defame Peter Obi.
So if Agbado and Mikano boys do anyhow, dem go collect, straight up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari: All Past, Present Corrupt Cases Will Be Probed / APC Fixes New Dates For Closure Of Purchase, Submission Of Forms / Bullion Van Politicians Are After CBN - Atiku/Okowa Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.