Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion (17032 Views)

Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised / 1979 Class Of President, VP , Governors Etc Only Two Are Still Alive (Full List) / Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by maste: 10:39am On Aug 23, 2022
How can give all the credit to one person? Over the years Lagos State has been blessed by being the Federal Capital of Nigeria hence a lot of funds were invested in Lagos to from the Federal purse. Lagos State has been blessed with good governors from Mobolaji Johnson to Lateef Jakande, Marwa and the rest. These people stole little or nothing from the treasury. Tinubu did his bit and so did FASHOLA. It is an insult to the sensibilities of all right thinking Nigerians to call Tinubu the father of modern Lagos. All previous Governors of the State including Commodore Ebittu Ukiwe etc how much did they loot? Which of them turned Lagos to his personal estate?
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Babastrong(m): 10:39am On Aug 23, 2022
[quote author=Pauldollars post=115974432]Competence should be the most important thing.
However when the candidate of the APC picks a Muslim-Muslim ticket in order to win votes from the North, then there is no need talking of competency here. It is about religion and getting more votes.

But is Nigeria normal?
Prof asked the right question.

Until Nigeria gets normal, we will have to use Christian-Muslim ticket[ Ok, you were not born in 1999-2007. Was it not christian-muslim?]
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by emonis88: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2022
I not happy when old men r shameless, this old baba knows what he is doing, he knows that the same religion ticket is totally wrong!! In every Sense, so he is saying no christian is competent? we r not after the competence of winning elections by political calculations, but the competence of performance, to turn Nigeria back to prosperous ways, this old man is speaking from both sides of his mouth, normal society indeed, even in England or USA that he is resident there is diversity n therefore there is religious tolerance n everyone is carried along in their political makeup.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by highchief1: 10:42am On Aug 23, 2022
Canberra55:
See fake English master. Abeg change ur "has" to "have" b4 u de bash anoda man on top foreign language.
I tire bros.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2022
BAT paid for his Post Postrate cancer chemotherapy so what did you expect.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by beyondPen(m): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2022
post=115976239:
For those who were not born or matured enough during the time Asiwaju was the governor of Lagos State, or for who did not experience how Lagos was before. I see a lot of people now, some young people who cannot enjoy night life in their states, who cannot enjoy good road in their states, they run to Lagos. They go to the club in the night without hindrance and they are abusing Tinubu from the club in that night life.

“It is an irony because you are in a state where you are living in peace.
You are abusing someone who is the father and architect of modern Lagos.
I’m sure you know how Lagos was with insecurity in the late 1990s, you know the problem at that time in Lagos.
At a time robbery in Lagos was a common thing as well as chaotic traffic in Lagos.

15 years ago Lagos was a ground for dumps and refuse.

Whenever rain falls you need to see the street.
It's nothing to write home about

It was Tinubu was envisioned the Eko Atlantic city in which the governors are following the templates today.

It's was also his influenced the lekki free trade zone was able to come to pass not Nigerian government.

Due to his visions to turn lekki to an Atlantic city, Nigeria got the biggest US in lekki, Lagos.
Dangote refinery and lots.

Why wont we follow this man for him to lay the templates down for other coming Nigerian presidents to follow?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 23, 2022
Wise werey wey bring buhari 2015. Embrace Tinubu with your full chest.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by unmask: 10:54am On Aug 23, 2022
Nigerians will never cease to amaze me.

You say muslim-muslim ticket is bad, the question is those that are complaining, would you have voted BAT if he picked a Christian VP?

Let's stop kidding ourselves, that was a carefully thought out strategy by BAT. Hate him or love him, he is an astute politician and I don't think he wouldn't have weighed the consequence of his actions before taking them
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Nasir123(m): 10:55am On Aug 23, 2022
Epiphany92:
I heard from a reliable source from the APC that this “Muslim Muslim” ticket of Asiwaju’s is just to test the waters and if it works,Insha allah
No Christians,spiritualist or even atheist will taste third highest position in Nigeria ever again
The next experiment will be Northern Muslim/Northern Muslim ticket and nothing can change that ever again

When you hear that kind of a thing next time pls make sure you go for a "Ear cleanup". This is to prevent the highest form of BRAIN DISORDERLINESS.

Don't let them use your head next time.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Nasir123(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2022
NimrodEndOfDays:
Useless man. No matter how educated they are, their bigotry would always becloud their sense of reasoning.

How na?
Is the pro not making sense?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by CasNova: 10:59am On Aug 23, 2022
Of course. Those who believe in competence and capability know that religions play subordinate roles in real governance.

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2022
ghettokid1:
mornig bro..

are u from NSK ?

yes Boss
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by atinga1: 11:03am On Aug 23, 2022
highchief1:
stop tradamadol before tramadol stops you.
You're the one who needs to slow down on the tramadol intake.
Soyinka's bigotry is glaring. It doesn't matter because Tinubu is a Yoruba man.
Why not tell Tinubu to choose Fashola or Ambode as his VP since religion or ethnicity doesn't matter?
Soyinka should stay away from politics and live the remaining part of his days in peace.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Epiphany92(m): 11:06am On Aug 23, 2022
Nasir123:

When you hear that kind of a thing next time pls make sure you go for a "Ear cleanup". This is to prevent the highest form of BRAIN DISORDERLINESS.

Don't let them use your head next time.
Ok

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by IfnobeGod20: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2022
"Is Nigeria normal" if truly Nigeria is normal APC and Tinubu will not tell us that if they didn't choose Muslim north, the northern muslims will not vote for him. Truly Nigeria is not normal because religion, ethnic and sectionalism play a major role in leadership. Truly we are not in a normal setting.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2022
Pauldollars:
Competence should be the most important thing.
However when the candidate of the APC picks a Muslim-Muslim ticket in order to win votes from the North, then there is no need talking of competency here. It is about religion and getting more votes.

But is Nigeria normal?
Prof asked the right question.

Until Nigeria gets normal, we will have to use Christian-Muslim ticket
The APC MMT is prove that the APC went for competence rather than religious consideration as you would prefer. Kaseem Shettima has a proven record that would be difficult to beat
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by asanausana91: 11:14am On Aug 23, 2022
Their plan is to have Tinubu as the president, shetima as the vp, Gbajabiamila as the speaker, another Muslim as the senate president and another Muslim as the cjn. Then all the planning of bringing sharia law into our constitution will be a smooth run.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Mars16(m): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2022
I share the same ideology of Prof. Soyinka I don't care what religion, ethnicity, tribe or what the candidate look like, what I care about is a candidate that knows the problems and is bringing solutions to the problems of all sectors. A candidate that has the interest of the people from antecedent. Religion and ethnicity have really blinded the Nigeria population that people vote along those paths without considering competency, brain, technical know how and human empathy. VOTE WISELY!!
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Bizibi(m): 11:16am On Aug 23, 2022
post=115976239:
For those who were not born or matured enough during the time Asiwaju was the governor of Lagos State, or for who did not experience how Lagos was before. I see a lot of people now, some young people who cannot enjoy night life in their states, who cannot enjoy good road in their states, they run to Lagos. They go to the club in the night without hindrance and they are abusing Tinubu from the club in that night life.

“It is an irony because you are in a state where you are living in peace.
You are abusing someone who is the father and architect of modern Lagos.
I’m sure you know how Lagos was with insecurity in the late 1990s, you know the problem at that time in Lagos.
At a time robbery in Lagos was a common thing as well as chaotic traffic in Lagos.
some of us knew how Lagos was before fashola came in and change the face of Lagos. Lagos was one of the dirtiest cities in Nigeria when it was always ranked every week in newspapers then,it was always number one.

If it wasn't for fashola some of you won't even defend the godfather.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by 9jaBloke: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2022
Misleading/ incomplete caption.

Typical Nigerian journalism

The caption should have ended with 'in a normal society'
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Chiffy: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2022
ghettokid1:
https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/23/2023-why-i-dont-care-if-nigerias-next-president-vp-speaker-are-of-same-religion-soyinka/

Nigerians don't be fooled twice. APC is pushing this "competence mantra" so hard only, and only so they can try to normalise their choice of a muslim-muslim ticket in a severely divided polity like nigeria. For me, Religious lines matter and must be reflected in our leadership just as it is reflected across the nation. If a muslim-muslim ticket is okay, then a southern-southern ticket or a northern 16 year rule should be okay too. But they are only fighting for their selfish entitled interest and not for equity or the interest of the people. Therefore, you the people must fight for yourself. Vote for a leader that has a track record of being equitable, competent, transparent, accountable, shows empathy, and is committed to common prosperity and justice. Thankfully we have a presidential candidate that meets these requirement, unlike in 2019

Moreover, when the apc talk about competence, they forget that competence and age only correlate as an inverted u-shape curve. After a certain age, you begin to loose the capacity to reproduce previously recorded competence in your field . (Buhari is a quintessential example). Tinubu is rapidly loosing capabilities and competences on a daily. This is why he avoided the NBA conference but shot himself in the foot. It is becoming clearer that *A vote for Tinubu is essentially a vote for a Shettima presidency* whether you like it or not, 86 year old grandpa will spend half his tenure in Paris, Buhari who is younger than Tinubu is a regular patient in London.

As a final note: VOTE WISELY
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Chiffy: 11:34am On Aug 23, 2022
unmask:
Nigerians will never cease to amaze me.

You say muslim-muslim ticket is bad, the question is those that are complaining, would you have voted BAT if he picked a Christian VP?

Let's stop kidding ourselves, that was a carefully thought out strategy by BAT. Hate him or love him, he is an astute politician and I don't think he wouldn't have weighed the consequence of his actions before taking them

And for all the flaws you agbadorians highlight about Peter Obi, would you still have voted him if the flaws were not there?

Which truely are not there but are indeed fabricated by apc/pdp media crew.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by latolz: 11:48am On Aug 23, 2022
You have started again
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by highchief1: 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2022
atinga1:
You're the one who needs to slow down on the tramadol intake.
Soyinka's bigotry is glaring. It doesn't matter because Tinubu is a Yoruba man.
Why not tell Tinubu to choose Fashola or Ambode as his VP since religion or ethnicity doesn't matter?
Soyinka should stay away from politics and live the remaining part of his days in peace.
lol wahala
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by ghettokid1(m): 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

yes Boss
cool cool which side MPA ?
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Proudlyomonna: 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2022
Well that's your opinion sha.
Muslim-muslim agenda will never be accepted bcus Christian-Christian agenda will not be accepted too.
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by GeneralPula: 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
Epiphany92:
I heard from a reliable source from the APC that this “Muslim Muslim” ticket of Asiwaju’s is just to test the waters and if it works,Insha allah
No Christians,spiritualist or even atheist will taste third highest position in Nigeria ever again
The next experiment will be Northern Muslim/Northern Muslim ticket and nothing can change that ever again
And you believe such?
You must be a dodoyo..
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Epiphany92(m): 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
GeneralPula:

And you believe such?
You must be a dodoyo..
ok
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by Occurstaem(m): 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Old fools. When they are connected to thugs, they celebrate thuggery.
Just because you have a gain in Tinubu does not mean that you should sell your opinion to me. Tinubu is a cancer to this country. A man whose wealth cannot be traced. ain't that something?

The ffoool below me is too young to know how Lagos truly was in the 80ies. Lagos has always been the center for excellence. There has not been a time that Lagos was as bad as they painted it. Go and ask your parents. Just as Lagos developed, other states developed too. If Lagos was bad everywhere else, was worse.

Calabar indigenes used to come to Lagos as maids in the past, not anymore. Hausa people used to flood to Lagos, not anymore. Ghanaians used to to die to see Lagos, not anymore.
Come to the North and see roads and development that are not even used. If you have cancer, the Lagos state hospital will refer you to the North. Come and experience the educational affordability given to these people. Come and see how they can easily access Saudi Arabia when you cannot. Come and see why they can have dollars and you cannot

As a Lagosian, I used to live in Lagos, but I can't anymore. My parents left the UK for Lagos in the 70ies but ran back to the UK. Today, I live in the North. Do not be fooled by ediorts who know nothing and trying delude you and appease their stooling druggie.

The crisis we face today in this country is caused by Tinubu. He himself assumed the credit of imposing Buhari on us. He kept quiet while Nigeria burned until he wants to become the next president. Ask yourself, what really did he do? Just like year his daughter kept on taxing Lagosians. Tinubu collects taxes from every dweller in Lagos. He ran Lagos with thuggery during his tenure. Are people blind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dwslEQqk9E

The man is old and wicked. He simply wants to destroy this country. He cannot stay awake for presidential briefings. If Buhari was bad, Tinubu promises to be worse off. First off, he is vindictive. A man who keeps records of enemies. Up till now, he has not reached out to the Igbos for votes. He considers them as the 5%, he has not reached out to the south south, because they are 5%. All he does it lick the noses of the northerners and subscribe to any bully who can rig votes for him. The way he insulted and called Obasanjo rotten meat that should be thrown away is sickening. A man who was not in a presidential race at the time. Why take a dig on him?

Anyone who listens to these men who have long lost touches with reality, will end up poor. These men are accustomed to having people prostrate before them. They do not see the plights of the average man. Tinubu has a bad record in and out this country. No reasonable president would want to have dinner with his incontinence issues.

Naira is as low as ever. The worst performing currency in the world. I am even scared if the poor Nigerians can ever afford a Fridge or a phone. By the look of things, we may not be able to afford medicines. The minimum wage is not budging, remember.

Tinubu knows nothing but politics and thuggery. What he practices is not called politics, it is thuggery. He is a bully. Tinubu cannot win a single election in a sane country. He would have been busted on bribery and election frauds.

A man who could loot in bullion vans, not one but two at a sitting can kill you. Remember he is not alone. His daughter and sons are coming for your souls.
OK.
Is that all?
Re: Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion by ramonchang(m): 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Old fools. When they are connected to thugs, they celebrate thuggery.
Just because you have a gain in Tinubu does not mean that you should sell your opinion to me. Tinubu is a cancer to this country. A man whose wealth cannot be traced. ain't that something?

The ffoool below me is too young to know how Lagos truly was in the 80ies. Lagos has always been the center for excellence. There has not been a time that Lagos was as bad as they painted it. Go and ask your parents. Just as Lagos developed, other states developed too. If Lagos was bad everywhere else, was worse.

Calabar indigenes used to come to Lagos as maids in the past, not anymore. Hausa people used to flood to Lagos, not anymore. Ghanaians used to to die to see Lagos, not anymore.
Come to the North and see roads and development that are not even used. If you have cancer, the Lagos state hospital will refer you to the North. Come and experience the educational affordability given to these people. Come and see how they can easily access Saudi Arabia when you cannot. Come and see why they can have dollars and you cannot

As a Lagosian, I used to live in Lagos, but I can't anymore. My parents left the UK for Lagos in the 70ies but ran back to the UK. Today, I live in the North. Do not be fooled by ediorts who know nothing and trying delude you and appease their stooling druggie.

The crisis we face today in this country is caused by Tinubu. He himself assumed the credit of imposing Buhari on us. He kept quiet while Nigeria burned until he wants to become the next president. Ask yourself, what really did he do? Just like year his daughter kept on taxing Lagosians. Tinubu collects taxes from every dweller in Lagos. He ran Lagos with thuggery during his tenure. Are people blind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dwslEQqk9E

The man is old and wicked. He simply wants to destroy this country. He cannot stay awake for presidential briefings. If Buhari was bad, Tinubu promises to be worse off. First off, he is vindictive. A man who keeps records of enemies. Up till now, he has not reached out to the Igbos for votes. He considers them as the 5%, he has not reached out to the south south, because they are 5%. All he does it lick the noses of the northerners and subscribe to any bully who can rig votes for him. The way he insulted and called Obasanjo rotten meat that should be thrown away is sickening. A man who was not in a presidential race at the time. Why take a dig on him?

Anyone who listens to these men who have long lost touches with reality, will end up poor. These men are accustomed to having people prostrate before them. They do not see the plights of the average man. Tinubu has a bad record in and out this country. No reasonable president would want to have dinner with his incontinence issues.

Naira is as low as ever. The worst performing currency in the world. I am even scared if the poor Nigerians can ever afford a Fridge or a phone. By the look of things, we may not be able to afford medicines. The minimum wage is not budging, remember.

Tinubu knows nothing but politics and thuggery. What he practices is not called politics, it is thuggery. He is a bully. Tinubu cannot win a single election in a sane country. He would have been busted on bribery and election frauds.

A man who could loot in bullion vans, not one but two at a sitting can kill you. Remember he is not alone. His daughter and sons are coming for your souls.

Not taking anything from what you said, but I think you should watch the full interview. Soyinka criticized the choice of Tinubu. He also mentioned that old class should do leave the political scene for young blood. This topic is misleading and I think the urchins grin are behind it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranks 4th On World Bank’s Borrowers’ List With $14.3billion Debt / Nigerian Troops 'rescue More Girls' From Sambisa / Kassim Mohammad Sues Buhari For Failing To Declare His Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.