Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,481 members, 7,846,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:08 AM

Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election (4116 Views)

Daniel Bwala: Atiku Has Inherited Buhari’s 12 Million Northern Votes / Tinubu Needs Rivers Votes, Not Logistics Support, Umahi Woos Wike / 2023 Presidency: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Begin Real Battle For Northern Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by Megabig: 8:05am On Aug 25, 2022
Adexxi:
Large turnout for Obi 5% people still never learn grin There is no way Obi will win this election , know this and know peace

Core northerners will never vote ibo candidate , all this Obidient is just initial gragra grin
No be fight, if they don’t vote it’s ok, they should vote who they believe in, everyone will enjoy it or suffer it, that’s what you get when you have such a merger, even if there is a clear path to succeeding, because a larger part is confused and can’t buy into it, everyone suffers…. A sad fate of Nigeria as a country.
Make them vote who them like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by tctrills: 8:06am On Aug 25, 2022
ItsTutsi:
Bro, I'm from zamfara state.. which state are u from?
I have a tire shop in Gummi. I know your state as the back of my hand.
The people of Zamfara would only vote for Kwankwaso or Atiku as of now. Things may change. I don't know the Future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by ItsTutsi(m): 8:08am On Aug 25, 2022
Don't compare 2015 and now, they are totally different.. 2015 zoning of presidency to north sentiment was very high! Many, if not all PDP govs worked for Buhari! You can't compare Buhari on a ballot paper to Atiku or PO
tctrills:
In 2015, how many PDP northern governors we're able to win the presidential vote in their state?
Be asking question before commenting

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by tctrills: 8:11am On Aug 25, 2022
ItsTutsi:
Don't compare 2015 and now, they are totally different.. 2015 zoning of presidency to north sentiment was very high! Many, if not all PDP govs worked for Buhari! You can't compare Buhari on a ballot paper to Atiku or PO
You say you are from Zamfara, then you should know that your state has never voted a southerner since 2003. Even when the presidency was zoned to the south Zamfara always votes for a northerner.
Some things would never change.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by techWriter3: 8:11am On Aug 25, 2022
Gaskiya kan politicians will ganner more votes in the south than politicians on social media
Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by ItsTutsi(m): 8:17am On Aug 25, 2022
Lol.. my state only vote party line, since the inception of zamfara State, we have never voted PDP.. the masses have been brainwashed unfortunately, even if they were to be slaughtered one-by-one, thats how bad things are

My step mother's older brother is the gubernatorial candidate of PDP, Dauda lawal Dare.. Even tho ppl are dissatisfied with APC in zamfara, I don't see him winning

If PDP/Atiku is winning any state in NW, it's definitely not Zamfara.. don't rely on what u hear on the streets, it will always be like that.. mostly election doibt reflect what's on ground
tctrills:

I have a tire shop in Gummi. I know your state as the back of my hand.
The people of Zamfara would only vote for Kwankwaso or Atiku as of now. Things may change. I don't know the Future.
Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by ItsTutsi(m): 8:21am On Aug 25, 2022
Yes, because that northerner happens to be Buhari, you can't compare Buhari and Atiku in any ramifications.. Atiku is not popular and a grassroot politician in the north

Im not saying Atiku will lose the north, as a northerner, I believe he will barely win it, but Tinubu will definitely get 40% in the north
tctrills:

You say you are from Zamfara, then you should know that your state has never voted a southerner since 2003. Even when the presidency was zoned to the south Zamfara always votes for a northerner.
Some things would never change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by tctrills: 8:24am On Aug 25, 2022
Aufbauh:

You must be one of the followers of the man with fake statistics Pitopi, who's ignorantly confident to tell us to go & verify.

So in 2015 Kwankwaso as the governor of kano state is a PDP member? Haba!
Go & check the presidential election result of Gombe state 2015 and find out it percentage of total vote cast.

I did my checking already so my record & fact is clear. However the zoning issue was a strong sentiment in the north 2015 which make some of the PDP governors there work against their party.

If through out the history of Nigeria presidential you could only isolate 2015 election then my fact is stronger than ur rebuttal.

I believed you could not fault or disproved that no sitting Governor's party come third in any presidential election in their respective state.
I forgot to add Niger state as one of the states PDP couldnt crack 20 percent even with a PDP gov in 2015

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by tctrills: 8:28am On Aug 25, 2022
ItsTutsi:
Yes, because that northerner happens to be Buhari, you can't compare Buhari and Atiku in any ramifications.. Atiku is not popular and a grassroot politician in the north

Im not saying Atiku will lose the north, as a northerner, I believe he will barely win it, but Tinubu will definitely get 40% in the north
You are wrong. The northerners do not prefer Tinubu to Atiku. Why would they. Are you sure you are from the north?
Do you know what 40 percent is? You actually think 2 in every 5 northerners would vote for a southerner? So if Tinubu scores 40%, how many votes would Kwankwaso score?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by tctrills: 8:29am On Aug 25, 2022
ItsTutsi:
Lol.. my state only vote party line, since the inception of zamfara State, we have never voted PDP.. the masses have been brainwashed unfortunately, even if they were to be slaughtered one-by-one, thats how bad things are

My step mother's older brother is the gubernatorial candidate of PDP, Dauda lawal Dare.. Even tho ppl are dissatisfied with APC in zamfara, I don't see him winning

If PDP/Atiku is winning any state in NW, it's definitely not Zamfara.. don't rely on what u hear on the streets, it will always be like that.. mostly election doibt reflect what's on ground
Zamfara is one of the states in the north that does not for for southerners.
Are you willing to bet that Tinubu cannot win Zamfara?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by famouscargo4u: 8:38am On Aug 25, 2022
Hoelujohn:

Number 3 na rubbish oga. Please ask Northern PDP governors in 2015. Some of them couldn't give Jonathan 10%. Tinubu will struggle to get 20% in the North. Na dragging between him and Kwankwanso for 2nd position in the North
Check out the result

It's Jonathan against their Northern brother, what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by ItsTutsi(m): 8:58am On Aug 25, 2022
Your misinterpreting me, I'm not saying Tinubu is more popular than Atiku! Atiku as a northern hausa/fulani is naturally the favourite and front runner in the north, however, the votes he gets and the margin of difference will not be significant and overwhelmingly for someone that refers to it as his strong hold and base

Tinubu's structure will help him out, which Atiku lacks, don't compare 2015 and now, there is no strong sentiment that power most be in north like 2015.. that's the wisdom why APC govs fought for a southern candidate, even yakassia came out to say "it will be dangerous for power to stay in the north, this are people of substance.. power will definitely go back to south, it's like ur still a novice in politics

Don't you know part of Wike anti party activities is a grand plan too bring presidency back to the south, if u don't know now u know

those like Buhari, El-Rufai, ganduje shekarau etc will definitely pull votes for him.. Atiku major votes have always been from the south.. APC govs will not allow PDP/Atiku to win because it will annihilate and bury their political career just like Buhari did to many in 2015

Shettima and zulum as kanuri have already secured 40% for Tinubu in NE.. borno(highest voters in ne), yobe and some part of gombe

Most of the elites and joggranauts of northern politicians are in APC in NW.. majority of HOA, Senators, LGC, govs are all in APC kitty

Kwankwasso is not going far, hence north won't waste their votes on him.. he shall only do well in kano and maybe kaduna

This is Gov. Masari of Katrina interview ysterday

When asked if northerners were buying into the Tinubu candidacy, Masari said

“They’ve already bought into it. First of all, Bola is not a new name in politics of Nigeria and we, the people of Katsina, know the role played by Bola Tinubu in 2015 for the emergence of Muhammadu Buhari. "We know the support he gave in 2019 for the continuation of Muhammadu Buhari. We, here in Katsina, are not ingrates.” Read more: https://www.legit.ng/politics/1488056-atiku-tinubu-northern-governor-predicts-winner-2023-presidential-election/

Northerners are very sophisticated just like Yoruba when it comes to politics, they know who was there for them or not.. I don't expect u to believe this, but I'll remind u after elections

tctrills:

You are wrong. The northerners do not prefer Tinubu to Atiku. Why would they. Are you sure you are from the north?
Do you know what 40 percent is? You actually think 2 in every 5 northerners would vote for a southerner? So if Tinubu scores 40%, how many votes would Kwankwaso score?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by famouscargo4u: 8:59am On Aug 25, 2022
tctrills:

You believe he would defeat Atiku in the north? Like Atiku is actually a walk over. Very interesting.
Yes, he will. Rabiu will get the most votes from the north. Not like Atiku is walk over though but Tinubu will marginally get more votes than Atiku. In the rural villages,

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by ItsTutsi(m): 9:00am On Aug 25, 2022
Atiku will win zamfara, definitely.. but with a margin of not more than 20%, just like other northern states.. I'm willing to bet on this
tctrills:

Zamfara is one of the states in the north that does not for for southerners.
Are you willing to bet that Tinubu cannot win Zamfara?
Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by fehintiola324: 9:02am On Aug 25, 2022
Bro, I'm from zamfara state.. which state are u from?Bro, I'm from zamfara state.. which state are u from?...
Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by waledeji(m): 9:08am On Aug 25, 2022
fehintiola324:
Bro, I'm from zamfara state.. which state are u from?Bro, I'm from zamfara state.. which state are u from?...
I

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by tctrills: 9:30am On Aug 25, 2022
ItsTutsi:
Atiku will win zamfara, definitely.. but with a margin of not more than 20%, just like other northern states.. I'm willing to bet on this
I tot you said PDP can never win Zamfara. And don't be surprised, Kwankwaso is coming second in Zamfara.
Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by tctrills: 9:31am On Aug 25, 2022
famouscargo4u:

Yes, he will. Rabiu win get the most votes from the north. Not like Atiku is walk over though but Tinubu will marginally get more votes than Atiku. In the rural villages,
That makes so much sense. The rural villages prefer a southerner to their own

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by tctrills: 9:33am On Aug 25, 2022
ItsTutsi:
Your misinterpreting me, I'm not saying Tinubu is more popular than Atiku! Atiku as a northern hausa/fulani is naturally the favourite and front runner in the north, however, the votes he gets and the margin of difference will not be significant and overwhelmingly for someone that refers to it as his strong hold and base

Tinubu's structure will help him out, which Atiku lacks, don't compare 2015 and now, there is no strong sentiment that power most be in north like 2015.. that's the wisdom why APC govs fought for a southern candidate, even yakassia came out to say "it will be dangerous for power to stay in the north, this are people of substance.. power will definitely go back to south, it's like ur still a novice in politics

Don't you know part of Wike anti party activities is a grand plan too bring presidency back to the south, if u don't know now u know

those like Buhari, El-Rufai, ganduje shekarau etc will definitely pull votes for him.. Atiku major votes have always been from the south.. APC govs will not allow PDP/Atiku to win because it will annihilate and bury their political career just like Buhari did to many in 2015

Shettima and zulum as kanuri have already secured 40% for Tinubu in NE.. borno(highest voters in ne), yobe and some part of gombe

Most of the elites and joggranauts of northern politicians are in APC in NW.. majority of HOA, Senators, LGC, govs are all in APC kitty

Kwankwasso is not going far, hence north won't waste their votes on him.. he shall only do well in kano and maybe kaduna

This is Gov. Masari of Katrina interview ysterday

When asked if northerners were buying into the Tinubu candidacy, Masari said

“They’ve already bought into it. First of all, Bola is not a new name in politics of Nigeria and we, the people of Katsina, know the role played by Bola Tinubu in 2015 for the emergence of Muhammadu Buhari. "We know the support he gave in 2019 for the continuation of Muhammadu Buhari. We, here in Katsina, are not ingrates.” Read more: https://www.legit.ng/politics/1488056-atiku-tinubu-northern-governor-predicts-winner-2023-presidential-election/

Northerners are very sophisticated just like Yoruba when it comes to politics, they know who was there for them or not.. I don't expect u to believe this, but I'll remind u after elections

Tinubu is not even as popular as Kwankwaso so in the core north. The northerners are not considering him. He is not in there equation.
Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by ItsTutsi(m): 9:33am On Aug 25, 2022
Alright, we shall see Allah ya kasimu.. wehy are u even supporting Atiku?
tctrills:

I tot you said PDP can never win Zamfara. And don't be surprised, Kwankwaso is coming second in Zamfara.
Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by tctrills: 9:35am On Aug 25, 2022
ItsTutsi:
Alright, we shall see Allah ya kasimu.. wehy are u even supporting Atiku?
I am not, I am for Peter Obi. But I prefer Atiku to APC.. Anything but APC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by ItsTutsi(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2022
Which state are u from, are u a northern Christian?
tctrills:

I am not, I am for Peter Obi. But I prefer Atiku to APC.. Anything but APC
Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by tctrills: 9:37am On Aug 25, 2022
ItsTutsi:
Which state are u from, are u a northern Christian?
I am igbo
Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by ItsTutsi(m): 9:41am On Aug 25, 2022
Lol! Now I know why this debate kept dragging, i was surprised seeing this from a core northerner.. however, 2023 election will be very interesting, may the best candidate win
tctrills:

I am igbo
Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by PeterObi4LP: 9:41am On Aug 25, 2022
tctrills:
Tinubu needs to score more votes than Atiku and Kwankwaso in the north if he must win the upcoming election. Everything is possible in politics but how likely is this? He has about 14 APC northerner governors on his side. But would the North listen to their governors and vote again for APC?
No southerner has ever won the presidential election in about 11 of these states since 2003. Would Tinubu be able to change all that?
Also, would president Buhari be able to affect the election results? This would be an uphill task.

Op you are even giving the urchins hope 40%. Who dash Tinubu 40%?

Atiku, Ahmed Datti Baba, Kwankwaso and Tinubu will share the vote up North. Northerns will rally around their own. If Tinubu get 10% he tried.

Up North here we don't regard Tinubu as a true Muslim. He does not represent the interest of Northerners.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by Honjoshy4u: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2022
Aufbauh:

The problem with someone of you guys is that you'all use your emotion to make analysis.

The fact & record remains that:
1) Some people mostly the unedited rural voters who are in the majority will still vote along party line.

2) Every sitting Governor's party has
always come second at least in every general election.

3) Every sitting Governor has always manage to secure at least 40-45% vote for his party especially up north.

4) Presidential elections are won by mostly uneducated rural voters and not the noisy educated populace.

5) Election results are determined by what happened on the election day & not the perennial optics.

6) Nigeria politicians will always find their way around any new created law or act.

Number 3 is absolutely wrong. Did Jonathan a southern man got up to 40-45% from those northern states PDP controlled Immediately the North takes position on who to support, most especially their own, irrespective of the governor seating, the wind will blow away any one standing on their way.
Mind you, they have a son contesting from a geo zone that have not thirsted President against a greedy old insensitive Tinubu that his zone have done 16 years presidency.

So many things will decide 2023 election.
Including APC massive failure

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by PeterObi4LP: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2022
M4A1carbine:
He cant get even 15%...OBI will ganner more votes than Tinubu in the North.

In the SW he is not even sure of 100%...even OSUN State is a pointer, but zombies dont learn...

SW vote is divided already along religious line. Christians will vote ObiDatti, while Atiku, Tinubu, Ahmed Datti, and Kwankwaso will divide the Muslim vote in SW

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by garfield1: 9:46am On Aug 25, 2022
ItsTutsi:
Lol you guys desperately try to claim you know how northerns votes and keep failing woefully.. that's why each election circle u keep getting wrong and then u propagate election rigging!!

1- the north knows kwankwasso won't go far, hence, won't waste their votes on him. His best outing will be in kano and Kaduna, it stops there

2- the likes of Buhari, El-Rufai, shettima, zulum, ganduje, shekarau, yerima etc are top notch grass root politicians who are on ground

3- 70% of elections in the north are done and won in rural areas.. those villagers only know PDP and APC

you don't know anything about how northerners vote apart from what u hear and see from social media!! Don't let all that 1million March and burning of brooms deceive u.. just like SARKI, when jungle matures, everyone region will go back to its base

I think kwankwaso might win bauchi and get votes in jigawa
Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by garfield1: 9:47am On Aug 25, 2022
tctrills:

You believe he would defeat Atiku in the north? Like Atiku is actually a walk over. Very interesting.

Atiku is disliked up north
Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by ItsTutsi(m): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2022
Kwankwasso will not win any state! His best outing is in Kano and jigawa
garfield1:

I think kwankwaso might win bauchi and get votes in jigawa
Re: Tinubu Needs More Than 40% Of The Northern Votes To Win The Election by garfield1: 9:48am On Aug 25, 2022
tctrills:
In 2015, how many PDP northern governors we're able to win the presidential vote in their state?
Be asking question before commenting

Plateau, taraba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Barry Ndiomu: President Buhari Has Done Well For The Amnesty Programme’ / Thank Goodness No Be Me Tell Tinubu This One (pic) / Is the South-East Still Paying For Civil War? Balarabe Musa thinks so

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.