Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,283 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria (42335 Views)

This Is How Fast MTN 5G Network Is! / We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks / Ahmed Indimi: Glo Is The Most Useless Network In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Freelane33(m): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2022
MTN IDAMU NIGERIA
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by meobizy(f): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2022
Goke7:

Ignorance is a disease o even the pastors who condemned 5G will be beneficiaries of this innovation.

So much noise about the COVID vaccine too but without the vaccine there will be no resumption of large gatherings today with life back to normal.

COVID has revealed that not everyone who went to school is actually educated
Not only COVID, the Ebola epidemic had graduates bathing in salt. We are a country of educated illiterates. It’s shameful but true.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by kals4luv990(m): 10:12am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

The states that will witness the first launch, the company said, include Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Kano, Owerri, and Maiduguri.

Just like the clean data from INEC, JAMB data etc, I see population consideration at work again.

The 5 SE Igbo states have a minority population.

The clean data do not have emotion and that may just be one of the emperical basis to site major developments.

MTN is not FG that one can blame for using politics to site development, MTN is in it for business so MTN had really factored in real data to choose the take off states.

I am not surprised. The 3 super major tribes in Nigeria by population are the Hausa, Yoruba and Fulani. Part of the push factors for developments like this is low population.

The current low population and low urbanization of Igboland is largely due to environmental factors ( e.g natural disasters like gully erosion,hostile weather conditions caused by climate change etc) lack of security especially in those large unoccupied bare lands, low Igbo population, too much blood letting, emigration of indigenes and the fact that non indigenes are not attracted and incentivised to migrate to Igboland to urbanize it.

Luckily, all these push factors currently being witnessed by the 5 SE Igbo states can be reversed if the folks and leaders in SE are honest enough to admit these problems and deal with each of them. For God sake, the whole SE is just like the size of Oyo state in Land mass so if a single Governor like HE Seyi Makinde can administer Oyo state, having 5 Governors to administer such equivalent Igboland land mass should be easier and bring developments far closer to my Igbo brethren. Haba!

In my whole life, I have never seen or heard a non-Igbo saying he is relocating to SE. As a patriotic Nigerian, I am genuinely concerned that something is really wrong with SE. Igboland can not be left behind.
check my signature for free stuffs!
how can you just waste 15mins writing rubbish
Mtn never give stable 3g,na 5g dem wan give ..its alright
2ndly how is fulani a major tribe in Nigeria
To wipe yu usb cord for neck just dey hungry me

3 Likes

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Desusi: 10:12am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

The states that will witness the first launch, the company said, include Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Kano, Owerri, and Maiduguri.

Just like the clean data from INEC, JAMB data etc, I see population consideration at work again.

The clean data do not have emotion and that may just be one of the emperical basis to site major developments.

MTN is not FG that one can blame for using politics to site development, MTN is in it for business so MTN had really factored in real data to choose the take off states.

I am not surprised. The 3 super major tribes in Nigeria by population are the Hausa, Yoruba and Fulani. Part of the push factors for developments like this is low population.

The current low population and low urbanization of Igboland is largely due to environmental factors ( e.g natural disasters like gully erosion,hostile weather conditions caused by climate change etc) lack of security especially in those large unoccupied bare lands, low Igbo population, too much blood letting, emigration of indigenes and the fact that non indigenes are not attracted and incentivised to migrate to Igboland to urbanize it.

Luckily, all these push factors currently being witnessed by the 5 SE Igbo states can be reversed if the folks and leaders in SE are honest enough to admit these problems and deal with each of them. For God sake, the whole SE is just like the size of Oyo state in Land mass so if a single Governor like HE Seyi Makinde can administer Oyo state, having 5 Governors to administer such equivalent Igboland land mass should be easier and bring developments far closer to my Igbo brethren. Haba!

In my whole life, I have never seen or heard a non-Igbo saying he is relocating to SE. As a patriotic Nigerian, I am genuinely concerned that something is really wrong with SE. Igboland can not be left behind.
Though lam not Igbo man,but you speak my mind.l sincerely wish Igbo would put their house in order and be among the front line States. With God behind you,you are bound to loom large.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Heroicvic(m): 10:12am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

Don't know if you're getting paid writing this stuffs because Peter obi emerge as labour party Presidential fb...
At first I was annoyed going through these stuff you wrote but later consider that might this might actually be your own way of feeding your family so I relaxed ... But please stop dragging the east in the mud for measely 30k and if you must, get your fact right.. go to the east and confirm yourself if they're the minority in 9ja..imagine saying fulanis are populous than the igbos .

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Grandmeister(m): 10:13am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

I lost count of how many times I saw the word ‘Igbo’ in this comment. My goodness! How does one walk and think about a whole tribe for 24 hours in a day? That’s definitely a mental sickness no doubt. May the heavens take me out of my misery the day I start to think about another man or tribe all my waking hours. God forbid such a day.

6 Likes

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by FreeStuffsNG: 10:14am On Aug 25, 2022
GardenOfGod:
If you summarizes everything towards the angle of tribalism, then suffice it to say that it is in your blood to reason that way. If I were to recommend you for a paid job because of your ads, I would be making a mistake because by and large, tribalism would find its way into your work. Purge your mind guy.
Then you lose having a frank, upright and patriotic Nigerian serve you wink
You should be preoccupied with the problems I highlighted so we can ALL proffer solutions but you will rather attack the messenger.
I have said what most of you in your conscience know is the truth but not honest enough to admit it.
If I am Igbo, I will never attack anyone passionate about reversing negative development in my zone.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Tunjibalogun: 10:14am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J rule 2
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Ultimas: 10:15am On Aug 25, 2022
This is a good development.

Other network providers should follow suit.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by morikee: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2022
wis3:
We probably still won't get up to 100/Mbps with the 5G. Poor latency with expensive data rates.

Even with MTN 4G I'm getting upto 150Mbps talkless of their 5G

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by BeautifulMind2: 10:17am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I am talking about population. Individuals like Alhaji Dangote , Chief Mike Adenuga are richer than many countries with populations in millions in Africa. Most folks in the North do not even use mainstream banks and that is why most of the money is still outside our banking system
How about voting population

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Nsonaso(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

LoL the same people atiku said 90% doesn't use internet.

How many people are in Maiduguri by the way?

3 Likes

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by leofab(f): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

other than Lagos and Abuja which are no man’s land but belongs to the FG.. every zone was given a single slot..

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by olu77(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2022
LARRYOBRAIN:
Do you 5G enabled phone? grin

Sure

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by NwekereNdoki: 10:20am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

To put the record straight, OYO is large, but small Anambra is more urbanized than the whole of OYO. Anambra is the second most urbanized STate in Nigeria after Lagos

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by akpunda86: 10:20am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

5G name appears on screen but u see 3G,even the 4G Na 3G all Na name

I miss VISAFONE BROADBAND AND MULTILINKS EVDO.
ALL THIS 3G,4G,4G are scam

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by kals4luv990(m): 10:21am On Aug 25, 2022
IamAtikulate:

The problem is that some of you Yoruba tribal e-warlords are 'data illiterate' or use poxies to validate data. You guys just swallow anything hook and sinkers.

Nobody can measure internet penetration in Nigeria, rather analysts make hypothesis and use sampled data to arrive at a conclusion.

To validate your findings, you will need to look at access to social network. Any internet-enabled Nigerian has at least one social media accounts, including businesses.

Many of you people claim that the reason Peter Obi is gaining traction on social media is because of Igbo large social media presence.

If this is true, then internet penetration is the highest in the SE. But if it's false, then Peter Obi supporters are mostly from SW.

The truth is, you people can't claim that SE has the lowest internet penetration and still say Igbos are the most active on social media.

They are mutually exclusive.

Again, internet penetration is not based on population, rather on percentage of the population with internet access.

For example, if 1 million out of 10 million SW'erners have internet access and SE with a small population of just 10 people has 7 people with internet access, then SE has more internet penetration.

So using internet penetration to measure population shows that you are an ILLITERATE.

Internet penetration could be used as proxy data to measure digital transformation.

I dnt know where you are from.but your calm reasoning and wisdom is topnotch boss

4 Likes

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Nyanabo(m): 10:26am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

I see that the South east us holding you balls so tight.

Must you mention south east in everything? Is the region your problem ?

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by IamAtikulate: 10:26am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

Lagos - Cosmopolitan city representing every Nigerian.

Abuja - representing the North Central region

PH - representing South South region

Kano - representing North West region

Owerri - representing the South East region

Maiduguri - representing the North East region

But some fools are trying to tribalize a pilot roll-out

For your FYI, if you remove Lagos, number of registered voters in SW is 10 million while SE has 11 million.

If you add millions of Igbos living in Lagos alone, you'll understand that SW population doesn't come anywhere near Igbos.

We are not even talking about Igbos in Port Harcourt, Kano, Kaduna, Delta State, Bayelsa state, Cross Rivers, Edo, Akwa Ibom, Abuja, Jos, Katsina and Sokoto.

These are state with large Igbo presence.

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by pricklewane: 10:27am On Aug 25, 2022
When foolish Igbos like yourself quote favourable data the food among you don't come here to lament like lunatics that you will be quitting for Twitter but once data favourable to others are displayed your dead brain start quitting for hellfire. Who is stoping you from quitting ? May it never be well with you n your entire household if you don't quit today.

sagitariusbaby:
must everything about Nigeria leads to this on this forum? Na wao! I may just finally and permanently quit Nairaland for Twitter which is more saner and matured.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by akwesenana: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2022
Nairaland and tribalism. :')
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by jimyjames(m): 10:29am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

This long article cause a 5G network is to be lunched in owerri? Stop contradicting yourself Ibadan should have 5 different type of 5G network lunched there going by its landmass, the entire Yoruba land should have 10 different 5G network lunched there going by the landmass?
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Maobichek: 10:30am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

Good morning, you have absolutely no reason to demonize Igbo in a bid to drive home your hateful point.

In the entire North west, it's only kano, North East is only Mauduguri, South South is only PH.

Why calling out Igbos in South East that is not as big as Oyo state as you claim? Have you been to Yobe, Bauchi, Bronu states and seen their land mass.

What happened to Edo, Ogun, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, kwara, Kaduna etc? Is Owerri better than they all? Why sumup the whole Igbo for abuse and ridicle?

Nigeria will be better if learned people do away with tribalism and hate, thank you.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Heroicvic(m): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2022
Ezmans:
from mtn 5g to tribalism pity your self, take note there is no rural areas in Nigeria that has infrastructure than South east, igbere & abiriba in abia state are facapitalr than some state capital in the north & Oshogbo

Lol I'm actually in Osogbo
Come see flyover for olaiya very tiny
Nothing concern me with tribalism, I'll always say the truth
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by henryobinna(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

The article is about MTN and it's 5G tech but somehow, you've managed to turn the thread into a tribal supremacy thread. You should be very much ashamed of yourself.

So ashamed of yourself.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Deeprooted: 10:34am On Aug 25, 2022
Kewtt:

You terrorists want 5G? Kaduna should be sent back to 2G!

Kaduna should go back to GPRS or GSM for all I care!

One helrufai is there!

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by lomprico(m): 10:35am On Aug 25, 2022
4g today is like 2g those days. 3g dose not even open Nairaland site. I know after 1year the 5g will be like 3g.
Make una continue undecided
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by henryobinna(m): 10:35am On Aug 25, 2022
Mokason288:
7 states ?

Is Owerri a state??

Onitsha should have been a better option
Why should onitsha be a better option?
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Spherica177: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2022
Blessed4sure:

Doesn't Owerri represent the SE? How about other regions that are not represented?

No region is over represented.

Lagos is a metropolis with different tribes, and is "No man's land" according to some people. So, Ibadan represents the population of the South West.

do you listen to yourself while you talk or write this out biko? "Lagos is no man's land according to some people"

Interesting! Those some people are the mouth piece or right source to your story right?

See wetin politics dey turn person to grin grin
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Igbodicool(m): 10:37am On Aug 25, 2022
sagitariusbaby:
must everything about Nigeria leads to this on this forum? Na wao! I may just finally and permanently quit Nairaland for Twitter which is more saner and matured.
What do you expect from Yoruba forum?
Can Yoruba exist without tribalism?
To them every thing is Nigeria versus Igbo but they will be the first to cry their eyes out at the mention of Biafra.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha / New MTN 50 MB And 150 MB Activation Codes / 9mobile Night And Weekend Data Plans & Subscription Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.