Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria (42319 Views)

This Is How Fast MTN 5G Network Is! / We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks / Ahmed Indimi: Glo Is The Most Useless Network In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by wis3(m): 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2022
Joeyjones:
Exactly because it's useless having high internet speed when your data is capped. Maybe one day they'll bring a good unlimited plan but it will be ridiculous like this South Africa's own.
It is still capped. check and read fair usage policy. What they do is throttle your internet speed once your plan is exhausted.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by wis3(m): 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
Coldie:

We are saying same thing cost of living in Nigeria is very high. Apart from the fact that these people are the ones providing there own infrastructures government over taxes the sector.

Just a few months ago Nigerian government added another tax on telecoms that’s already expensive
tells the kind of messed up country we are living in.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by imagrg(m): 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2022
Some people come here to express tribal hate...Why?
Let's live together in peace as ONE. cool
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by lexander(m): 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2022
chatinent:
4g is enough for me for now.
actually your 4g is actually providing you with 3g services and once they finally roll out 5g they would make 4g useless
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Wwwq: 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2022
Really
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Elsueno: 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2022
WHITELIGHTER:
What's Borno doing with 5G?
More like Maiduguri, plenty NGOs 4 dat place
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by QuoteJustOnce: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2022
MTN quickly upped their game to knock Starlink off the market, nice one.
Most people (including me) would prefer mobile internet over satellite internet; mostly for portability
and extreme weather reasons.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by pat077: 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2022
So, airtel and glo no follow cum
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by ba2remagaji: 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
[/sup][sup][sup][/sup]
olu77:
5G hmmm...me I have not seen any difference between 3G and 5G so far
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by WHITELIGHTER: 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2022
Elsueno:

More like Maiduguri, plenty NGOs 4 dat place

I think that's the best reason
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by ArewaNorth: 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
wis3:
Why can't they just roll out unlimited data services like we have in other countries?

That is their market strategy in a Nation where law makers don't care abt the implication of laws on their citizens!
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Penisman: 5:24pm On Aug 25, 2022
Mokason288:
7 states ?

Is Owerri a state??

Onitsha should have been a better option

The focus is on APC States.

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
Great, got one too, but to unlock it, enjoy.
olu77:

Sure
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by donbenie(m): 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2022
drtee247:
Where are those that said 5G is related to covid-19 and anti christ? undecided grin
They can't wait to adopt it..
Pastor Chris is first in the queue..
Bunch of Clowns..

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by olalol(m): 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

https://nairametrics.com/2022/08/24/mtn-to-launch-5g-network-in-7-states-in-nigeria/

I'm surprised Plateau State(JOS CITY) is not on the list, MTN o ya make u na come JOS asap!
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Yankee101: 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2022
BigIyanga:

People wey no pass biology for sec schl telling us about cancer.. I thought it was covid19?

Google is free
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by nathaniel98(m): 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2022
Frustrated at MTN office today.
Nice one MTN, good you are trying to improve in every way. But you don't treat your customers well, getting issues sought out at the offices is often greeted with massive stress. I just wasted a whole day at MTN office today in the bid to do a welcome back of my malfunctioning MTN sim. I having been hearing of the stress before but i witnessed it today and i was sorry for my self.
With the large number of customers MTN has, shouldn't there be enough offices close to the people? Am not living in a village but warri yet had to transport a long distance. Very limited centers to access.
I was so frustrated and writing this, all my body aches. If not only that the line is my major line.

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Niswayne19: 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2022
5G now in Nigeria. That’s a good one.

Oraimo also has a 20000mAh power bank available on the e-Shop with an opportunity to win free Movie In The Park tickets.

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Obiebanks007(m): 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2022
olu77:
5G hmmm...me I have not seen any difference between 3G and 5G so far

There's difference
The number 3 & 5 ain't same wink grin
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by sagitariusbaby(m): 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2022
pricklewane:
Do I look like I care if you are from the deepest part of hellfire. Where have you been when they taunt others with data favourable to them ? How come clowns like you always show up when others do it to them.

the hell your are fanning will eventually burn your and your likes. Idiiot
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by olu77(m): 12:28am On Aug 26, 2022
Okarakwu:
And you have used 5G?

My T-mobile 5G package came with a small, samsung A 13 and the monthly cost is higher compare to my regular line but I still experience frustrating, network disruptions in some places, especialy when I am leaving underground parking. It always take too long for my network to restore. I don't stream on my phone though maybe that's why I haven't noticed the difference. What has being your experience with 5G?
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by olu77(m): 12:30am On Aug 26, 2022
Obiebanks007:

There's difference
The number 3 & 5 ain't same wink grin

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Mohbola(f): 12:50am On Aug 26, 2022
wis3:
We probably still won't get up to 100/Mbps with the 5G. Poor latency with expensive data rates.
let's wait and see
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by dheolexaone(f): 8:09am On Aug 26, 2022
Starzo:

Which network?

MTN during their 5G testing day.
A thunder ⚡ it was
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by wman(m): 9:09am On Aug 26, 2022
sagitariusbaby:
must everything about Nigeria leads to this on this forum? Na wao! I may just finally and permanently quit Nairaland for Twitter which is more saner and matured.

And Seun will lie on Twitter that his forum doesn't promote tribalism.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Joeyjones(m): 9:53am On Aug 26, 2022
wis3:
It is still capped. check and read fair usage policy. What they do is throttle your internet speed once your plan is exhausted.
Yes but this one is manageable as it gets capped once you reach 1TB or 2TB in a month. But for no fup, you can never get it from Nigerian ISPs.

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Okarakwu: 11:04am On Aug 26, 2022
Ok, have not used 5G
olu77:

My T-mobile 5G package came with a small, samsung A 13 and the monthly cost is higher compare to my regular line but I still experience frustrating, network disruptions in some places, especialy when I am leaving underground parking. It always take too long for my network to restore. I don't stream on my phone though maybe that's why I haven't noticed the difference. What has being your experience with 5G?

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by dochenaj: 11:53am On Aug 26, 2022
Confused people with still very spotty 4G and 3G networks but no, they want to get into 5G.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off / My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha / New MTN 50 MB And 150 MB Activation Codes