Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria (42334 Views)

This Is How Fast MTN 5G Network Is! / We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks / Ahmed Indimi: Glo Is The Most Useless Network In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Heroicvic(m): 10:37am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Then you lose having a frank, upright and patriotic Nigerian serve you wink
You should be preoccupied with the problems I highlighted so we can ALL proffer solutions but you will rather attack the messenger.
I have said what most of you in your conscience know is the truth but not honest enough to admit it.
If I am Igbo, I will never attack anyone passionate about reversing negative development in my zone.

List the negative development that occurrs only in the east
Mind you I'm an igbo guy in osogbo, just last week in happy corner a lady successfully escaped the skull miner while the rest of the passengers were whisked away

Northern states are nothing to write home about as we can't travel there to confirm without holding 100m kidnapping ransom, so wtf are you talking about?

Like I said earlier, I guess as I'm a freelancer I guess this is your own job..... Peace out
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Righteousness02: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

https://nairametrics.com/2022/08/24/mtn-to-launch-5g-network-in-7-states-in-nigeria/

Kano Only relevant in Election right ?, A scan from that domain obviously show the level of economic relevance, imagine Owerri
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Pascaldebravoo: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

The states that will witness the first launch, the company said, include Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Kano, Owerri, and Maiduguri.

Just like the clean data from INEC, JAMB data etc, I see population consideration at work again. Yet from one of these clean data, an estimate of 80% Igbo live in the 5 SE states while 20% live outside SE, making SE low in population and with very low diversity in population. 80% of JAMB candidates who are indigenes of SE states wrote their exams in the 5 SE states while 20% of igbo indigenes wrote outside SE. These candidates filled their states of origin as the SE states and their registration linked to their registered GSM numbers and biometrics!

The 5 SE Igbo states have a minority population.

The clean data do not have emotion and that may just be one of the emperical basis to site major developments.

MTN is not FG that one can blame for using politics to site development, MTN is in it for business so MTN had really factored in real data to choose the take off states.

I am not surprised. The 3 super major tribes in Nigeria by population are the Hausa, Yoruba and Fulani. Part of the push factors for developments like this is low population.

The current low population and low urbanization of Igboland is largely due to environmental factors ( e.g natural disasters like gully erosion,hostile weather conditions caused by climate change etc) lack of security especially in those large unoccupied bare lands, low Igbo population, too much blood letting, emigration of indigenes and the fact that non indigenes are not attracted and incentivised to migrate to Igboland to urbanize it.

Luckily, all these push factors currently being witnessed by the 5 SE Igbo states can be reversed if the folks and leaders in SE are honest enough to admit these problems and deal with each of them. For God sake, the whole SE is just like the size of Oyo state in Land mass so if a single Governor like HE Seyi Makinde can administer Oyo state, having 5 Governors to administer such equivalent Igboland land mass should be easier and bring developments far closer to my Igbo brethren. Haba!

In my whole life, I have never seen or heard a non-Igbo saying he is relocating to SE. As a patriotic Nigerian, I am genuinely concerned that something is really wrong with SE. Igboland can not be left behind.
check my signature for free stuffs!

It takes joblessness for you to compose this. The people you are busy writing about, don't care about you, because they are out there making millions.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Blessed4sure: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2022
What concerns me with tribalism or politics

Read my past posts and see if i have ever been tribalistic.

The fellow i quoted was diverting this towards tribalism and i was convincing him that's it's not the case

Always read to understand and not to respond.

BTW I work in an Igbo-dominated company based in the East, with head office in Lagos, and have no issues with my Igbo colleagues.

Spherica177:
do you listen to yourself while you talk or write this out biko? "Lagos is no man's land according to some people"

Interesting! Those some people are the mouth piece or right source to your story right?

See wetin politics dey turn person to grin grin
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Starzo: 10:40am On Aug 25, 2022
dheolexaone:

Don't conclude yet.
I got this on 5g
Which network?
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:42am On Aug 25, 2022
One pastor said it's illuminati

Africans
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Sermwell(m): 10:42am On Aug 25, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
None for OSU ALUSI IPOB JEWs grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even awùsá fool anis got one grin grin grin angry grin
I can see that OWERRI is in northern Nigeria! grin
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by UGBE634: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

The states that will witness the first launch, the company said, include Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Kano, Owerri, and Maiduguri.

Just like the clean data from INEC, JAMB data etc, I see population consideration at work again. Yet from one of these clean data, an estimate of 80% Igbo live in the 5 SE states while 20% live outside SE, making SE low in population and with very low diversity in population.

For example, according to JAMB data, of the 100% Igbo indigenes who registered for JAMB, approximately 80% of JAMB candidates who are indigenes of SE states wrote their exams in the 5 SE states while 20% of igbo indigenes wrote outside SE.

These candidates filled their states of origin as indigenes of the SE states and their registration is linked to their registered GSM numbers , NIN and biometrics to prove that the data is clean and consistent! https://utmeofficial.org.ng/school-news/2021-utme-jamb-application-statistics-by-state-of-origin-released/

The clean data do not have emotion and that may just be one of the emperical basis to site major developments.

MTN is not FG that one can blame for using politics to site development, MTN is in it for business so MTN had really factored in real data to choose the take off states.

I am not surprised. The 3 super major tribes in Nigeria by population are the Hausa, Yoruba and Fulani. Part of the push factors for developments like this is low population.

The current low population and low urbanization of Igboland is largely due to environmental factors ( e.g natural disasters like gully erosion,hostile weather conditions caused by climate change etc) lack of security especially in those large unoccupied bare lands, low Igbo population, too much blood letting, emigration of indigenes and the fact that non indigenes are not attracted and incentivised to migrate to Igboland to urbanize it.

Luckily, all these push factors currently being witnessed by the 5 SE Igbo states can be reversed if the folks and leaders in SE are honest enough to admit these problems and deal with each of them. For God sake, the whole SE is just like the size of Oyo state in Land mass so if a single Governor like HE Seyi Makinde can administer Oyo state, having 5 Governors to administer such equivalent Igboland land mass should be easier and bring developments far closer to my Igbo brethren. Haba!

In my whole life, I have never seen or heard a non-Igbo saying he is relocating to SE. As a patriotic Nigerian, I am genuinely concerned that something is really wrong with SE. Igboland can not be left behind.
Ode owerri is there, in all your sincerity, would you rank maiduguri over cities such as onitsha, Benin , kaduna and others in terms of population. But she is receiving it first ahead of the other cities, that should tell you that the yardstick for launching of the 5g in these cities may not be all population. It might just mean they have large number of mtn users in these cities. I am a sucker for sincere analysis
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

Just like the clean data from INEC, JAMB data etc, I see population consideration at work again. Yet from one of these clean data, an estimate of 80% Igbo live in the 5 SE states while 20% live outside SE, making SE low in population and with very low diversity in population.

For example, according to JAMB data, of the 100% Igbo indigenes who registered for JAMB, approximately 80% of JAMB candidates who are indigenes of SE states wrote their exams in the 5 SE states while 20% of igbo indigenes wrote outside SE.

These candidates filled their states of origin as indigenes of the SE states and their registration is linked to their registered GSM numbers , NIN and biometrics to prove that the data is clean and consistent! https://utmeofficial.org.ng/school-news/2021-utme-jamb-application-statistics-by-state-of-origin-released/

There's something seriously wrong with you man. As in, how the hell does this rant concern the topic at hand? If I report this one for derailing the thread, seun and his henchmen would see nothing wrong with it. undecided
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by angelfallz(m): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2022
What is your reasoning behind this comment?
Because I don't see how MTN launching 5G correlates with your comment.
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by udeh3(m): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2022
When even in my area network is something else. Dis country sef
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Spherica177: 10:49am On Aug 25, 2022
Blessed4sure:
What concerns me with tribalism or politics

Read my past posts and see if i have ever been tribalistic.

The fellow i quoted was diverting this towards tribalism and i was convincing him that's it's not the case

Always read to understand and not to respond.

BTW I work in an Igbo-dominated company based in the East, with head office in Lagos, and have no issues with my Igbo colleagues.

"Lagos is no man's land according to some people "

Biko ask yourself if you sound upright in this statement.

According to some people is where you get your info from right?

Btw, I can't remember when last i demanded for your history "telling me where you work and whataview"

It is well o grin grin
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by FreeStuffsNG: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2022
angelfallz:
What is your reasoning behind this comment?
Because I don't see how MTN launching 5G correlates with your comment.
It shows you the likely consideration of how the 5G states were selected. Why SE can do better in things like this.
It is optimism in a patriotic way or are you happy that only Owerri made it in SE? If you are, I am not.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by angelfallz(m): 10:57am On Aug 25, 2022
I was not even thinking of the way it was distributed until you brought it up. When things like this happen your line of thought should not be whether this tribe got this amount or whatever.

In the end, it would be rolled out to all the states.
In essence, stop trying to see everything through the lens of tribe.

FreeStuffsNG:

It shows you the likely consideration of how the 5G states were selected. Why SE can do better in things like this.
It is optimism in a patriotic way or are you happy that only Owerri made it in SE? If you are, I am not.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Iamyemmie: 10:57am On Aug 25, 2022
4g no Dey even work for lagos
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Jboynokiaphone(m): 11:01am On Aug 25, 2022
wis3:
We probably still won't get up to 100/Mbps with the 5G. Poor latency with expensive data rates.

as for today on my phone I'm getting 400/Mbps with 5G
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by tunjijones(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2022
Mokason288:
7 states ?

Is Owerri a state??

Onitsha should have been a better option

You sabi pass MTN na....
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by wis3(m): 11:08am On Aug 25, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Even After rolling out the 5g, the network will still be snail speed while downloading, streaming, surfing the internet
internet is really expensive in this part of the world.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by wis3(m): 11:08am On Aug 25, 2022
Pwettylinda:

Cows full there na undecided
becareful. I could have you arrested for this.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by FreeStuffsNG: 11:10am On Aug 25, 2022
angelfallz:
I was not even thinking of the way it was distributed until you brought it up. When things like this happen your line of thought should not be whether this tribe got this amount or whatever.

In the end, it would be rolled out to all the states.
In essence, stop trying to see everything through the lens of tribe.

It is not tribe but an opportunity to improve. We are dealing with lives and we are first humans before tribes. I do not want to be politically correct.If I want I will not put the people and leaders to task on reversing the negative trend. It is plain coincidence that it is Igbo SE but it is about people . In Yoruba, there is an adage that you should be worried when things are not right with your neighbour because if it worsens you will be dragged into the mess.
All you see is tribe but all I see is a problem we can all solve together as Nigerians.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by sprints1: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2022
wis3:
We probably still won't get up to 100/Mbps with the 5G. Poor latency with expensive data rates.
my brother u are right even the 4G sef be like 3G
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by wis3(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2022
ArewaNorth:

Even if it is 5G there are range of frequencies within which it will operate and during testing Nigeria chose the lowest sfter successful testing in all the frequency bands. Security wise, the internet speed set is ok.
Why can't they just roll out unlimited data services like we have in other countries?
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 11:12am On Aug 25, 2022
Don’t buy a 5G network unless u know you have money for data. If u are using 5 G network once y open YouTube even just one click the video will load to the end immediately and exhaust ur data
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by kennyroji: 11:13am On Aug 25, 2022
He must see it oo by fire or force. I wonder the theory he will comeup with now...funny pastors
rusher14:
Pastor Chris, come and see something.

grin

1 Like

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 11:13am On Aug 25, 2022
wis3:
Why can't they just roll out unlimited data services like we have in other countries?
It’s cause of Nigerian government.

Cost of living in Nigeria is very high
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by wis3(m): 11:13am On Aug 25, 2022
sprints1:
my brother u are right even the 4G sef be like 3G
who knows, maybe na when them launch the 5G we go begin experience 3G
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by upower123(m): 11:14am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats MTN!

what are you typing.....must every thing look like play to you
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Emeka71(m): 11:15am On Aug 25, 2022
They try.
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by Ologbo147: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I am talking about population. Individuals like Alhaji Dangote , Chief Mike Adenuga are richer than many countries with populations in millions in Africa. Most folks in the North do not even use mainstream banks and that is why most of the money is still outside our banking system
know this and know peace young man , the igbo is the second most populous group after hausa in Nigeria. As far back as 1947, an igbo man described lagos as a no man's land because of the population density of the Igbos in lagos at the time let alone 75 years later.

As lagos is home to the yorubas, strongly also it is home to the Igbos. The percentage of the Igbos in lagos today cannot be less than 30%. So more so that folks like tinubu are afraid that the Igbos should not sway the outcome of the election in lagos state. Enclaves like okota, surulere, etc seem like Igbo villages now.

The igbo land is second in density only to the nile valley in the whole of africa. Also in 1921, the census that was held at the time place the Igbo at 3.9 million and yoruba only at 2.1 you can go check.

And we seem to know that enclaves such as 70 % of rivers state and the northern part of delta state are igbo, are populated by, and are igbo town and enclaves. Deny all you want but you will still see a Dan d humorous from ikwerre with the name ifeanyi.or a julius agwu from ikwerre Or jj okocha from delta state or ngozi okonjo iweala from delta state and call them igbo before you remember the civil war and the aftermath politics.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by PS712: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2022
Re: MTN To Launch 5G Network In 7 States In Nigeria by henryobinna(m): 11:20am On Aug 25, 2022
Desusi:

Though lam not Igbo man,but you speak my mind.l sincerely wish Igbo would put their house in order and be among the front line States. With God behind you,you are bound to loom large.
If that guy truly speaks your mind. You must be a very terrible person. I pray people around you are safe from the danger you pose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off / My Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza, Onitsha / New MTN 50 MB And 150 MB Activation Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.