Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada (102409 Views)

Why Immigrants Can Never Be Happy In Their New Country / Leaving Canada.......... Secrets / Reasons Why Immigrants Are Now Leaving Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by emonkey(m): 12:43am On Aug 28, 2022
You have not finished your long ting. You for compare Canada to Nigeria na.
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ArcFresky(m): 12:44am On Aug 28, 2022
NoFucksToGive:
angry
You cap too much nonsense just for likes... No one sent you to Canada nor did anyone ask you for this trash.

Should we open a thread about why Nigerians are fleeing to Canada?

All these servants of Saboteurs disgusting as advisers .

1.Is making wealth in Nigeria easy ? No! Only through politics or crime is the only way for someone without connection to make it in Nigeria

2. Cost of living in Nigeria is too fvcking high! Just ask anyone

3. Loneliness? Misery loves company that's why Nigerians flock around you in Nigeria

4. Cold... Give me cold over mosquitoes biting me while I slap myself at night while trying to kill them

5. Getting professional jobs ... E still better pass Nigeria 1 million times over and over..

See guys and girls becareful what you read or whom you take seriously. Some people are servants of Satan sent to misguide you .

This is how the Federal government wants to prevent brain drain ? Instead of ADDRESSING why all the doctors lawyers engineers and professionals are running abroad they are employing quacks to come online and type shit. angry

Run from such people

To wipe this OP USB cord for neck just dey hungry me! angry

E easy to talk from Nigeria. Abeg, give me your social handle, I dey do research on potential immigrants travelling to the UK.
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ednut1(m): 12:51am On Aug 28, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:
they usually stay indoors during winter for extended period of time.

Very similar to HIBERNATION.
when we no be bear. People go out during winter. Na Nigerians like to stay indoors

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by okito: 1:00am On Aug 28, 2022
ednut1:
Although the op na my friend i will tackle her.

1. There are people building wealth in cheaper provinces like Alberta or New Brunswick where houses go for 300k to 400k. In Ontario its like 900k to 1.5m for the average house and you suppose drop 5% deposit for mortgage. Married people or common law guys are able to build wealth too due to combined income. Solution is move to a cheaper province, get married or find a partner.
2 . Cost of living- where in the world is not costly. With all the amenities, free resources, and standard of living why should it be cheap There are many people earning 3700 dols a month but staying in apartments costing 2200 dols. Is that not madness. Some are one 2500 a month but their rent is 1800 lol
3 . Boredom and loneliness- Nigerians move to a cold country and refuse to do what whites do in the winter. Whose fault is that Many ladies from Nigeria have unrealistic expectations and are single to stupor. Whose fault is that Lol
4 cold. Get a good winter jacket or knacks partner. Nothing dey there
5. Professional jobs- doctors know this before coming and should have explored uk. A friend passed the medical exams in 18months its doable. Yes there are issues with Canada experience but with constant applications and upgrading ones skills. You will be able to get in. You and i both know many people with only Nigerians experience or degrees balling in big companies

Oya come back home o.

I know people especially tech who moved to usa after getting their Canada citizenship. More money is involved and passport privileges too don set. The Canadian passport opens doors to better countries

Pls add that when you eventually become a Doctor, your pay will be so crazy that it will wipe away your tears for a lifetime. I know this for sure!!!
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Sholuwa241: 1:07am On Aug 28, 2022
Beremx:
That won’t stop me from relocating to Canada my dream country. All I need now is sponsorship to move.

Nonsense Nigeria
they send them to come discouraged you and me I say e no go work for them we are going there if Canada don tire them make them come back so that we can take their space

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 28, 2022
ednut1:
post your pic and your sister own. Yen yen yen
abi na ur wife grin
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by yemmywesey(m): 1:10am On Aug 28, 2022
They should give me Canada visa first, then I will come back to this thread and ask a nairalander to summarize everything for me in an audio format.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by whizqueen(f): 1:35am On Aug 28, 2022
Shokoloko:

Okay I am calm. Unfortunately there are no luxury apartments going for $1500 per month and I never said that there were LUXURY apartments for that price. A quick search on Kijiji showed high end one bedroom apartments for an average cost of $1500.

If you are really looking to move I would suggest you avoid the housing rental agencies and try to rent directly from the Landlords. Apart from Kijiji (which is where I looked and found) join the facebook groups Toronto apartments and house rentals and Toronto - apartments for rent. Avoid the city centre and look everywhere else in the 25 municipalities that make up the GTA.

Exactly my point! There are no Luxury apartments in Toronto for that price. Luxury = High end

One might find something decent for that price which is likely a studio but not one bed room. Even basement these days goes for $1,200. Most landlords would rarely rent directly to you when they know they can get better offers. People are paying 4 months rent upfront just to secure nice places to live in GTA.

A major reason people prefer Toronto is not cos they want to “throwaway” money on rent but it gives easy access to a lot of things like transportation. You can live and work in Toronto for years without driving a car but people that live in Hamilton can’t say the same.

At the end of the day, it’s a trade-off. You pick and choose what matters most to you. If it’s city-life at the expense of paying more or staying in smaller cities where you need to drive hours to work or see your friends/loved ones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by NuCypher: 1:45am On Aug 28, 2022
I wonder how no one has woken up to the fact that there is no topic these lonely Nigerian women in Canada won't sensationalize for views on their decrepit Youtube channels. When they are not crying their sorry eyes out at night for lack of having a real man in their lives, they are shooting countless Youtube videos to cope with the loneliness living alone in Canada brings. Some of them have not been touched at the slightest by a man since they left Nigeria for Canada. Youtube is their best buddy for keeping loneliness, fatigue and boredom at bay. Let them have it in peace. This is a non-topic, but they need content. Pardon their ways.

But the owner of this one Youtube channel is certainly not pleasant on the eyes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Kenn55: 1:45am On Aug 28, 2022
[quote author=whizqueen post=116118891][/quote]

Building wealth is hard everywhere. If it was easy, Nigeria will not be the poverty capital of the world. Anybody who is comfortable on government benefits is not serious at all. It is still better to make $2m and pay 50% in taxes than to make $25k and pay no taxes at all. Besides corporation pay low taxes. I run a business in Canada and I pay low taxes compared to people who work under a company. People who build wealth anywhere in the world are those who are financially smart and can leverage on the system. There are a lot of naija tech professionals in Canada that can never touch a full time job but will rather incorporate a business and work as a contractor cos that's how to make more money. You need to be smart to build wealth anywhere in the world

High cost of living is in every country. You can't compare the cost of living in Lagos and Abuja to living in Osogbo or Auchi. Toronto, London, New York, Tokyo etc are big cities and will have higher cost of living. Someone like me will not live in those cities if offered free house sef due to other reasons.

Boredom is a function of where you live. If you live in places with large naija community, you can't be bored. I attend a Nigerian church and there are always naija events almost every weekend during the summer. I have never been bored in Canada

Cold is something you can get used to, the same way people get used to heat, blackout and mosquitoes.The first year is always tough but after then your body adjusts. Besides, during cold weather, you dress for the weather, no big deal.

I met a naija software developer yesterday who was recruited from Lagos and his worked permit processed. I was surprised as I didn't know this was even possible. People are getting professional jobs steady. But then people need to be realistic. You can't be bank manager in Nigeria and expect them to give you bank manager job in Canada, the question is what do you know about the Canadian banking system? If dem give u Canadian bank,you fit manage am?The 2 countries operate a different banking models. This is also true for some other professions. However, IT gurus are slotting into the job market very easily cos they are in demand and IT is IT everywhere in the world, it does not require big certificates just your skills.

Canada is not heaven and not the best country in the world but it is sure one of the best. This is a country of just 38m people but have the 10th largest economy in the world, can you beat that? Come on, give them some credit abeg. If Nigeria with our 200m people was half as good as Canada, we would have been among the top 10 economies in the world and people won't be this crazy to migrate.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MallamChukwudi: 1:55am On Aug 28, 2022
If you want to be average, go to Canada. If you want to be exceptional and thrive in a system that will reward your hustle objectively, go to the US, or Germany.

Canada is simply the backdoor for third world citizens to migrate to a first world country. In the league of develop countries with upward mobility, Canada ranks low.

2 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by salford1: 1:59am On Aug 28, 2022
shantti:
I think taxes are higher in uk
It would depend on what province in Canada is being compared to the UK.

Below is the take home after tax of $100,000 Canadian salary across different Canadian province.

I have also compared equivalent anount in the UK and Australia.

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MallamChukwudi: 2:06am On Aug 28, 2022
NEWSCENTER:
Is a shithole like Nigeria built to make people rich or miserable?

Aside US which other country on earth is compared to Canada?

Keep up with your copy and paste

cheesy

All the Nordic countries are better than Canada. I don't even want to touch Australia or Europe generally. Bro, speak with caution.
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MallamChukwudi: 2:06am On Aug 28, 2022
MadamOk:
That's I prefer UK, Italy and Germany
Canada is a hype country, when you get there it may be different from what you it off either negatively or positively

Germany is the best of all these countries. How do I know? Well I live here.
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MallamChukwudi: 2:08am On Aug 28, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

So you sabi the guy too. I think he has some inferiority complex. Its obvious to detect such people. He's very empty and I do tell him that he washes corpses which I'm sure he does, he just de disguise. He can only deceive gullible people that don't travel

Corpse washing is a professional job grin

I know you want to yab him, but look for another yabbing that will enter. Not this one
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MallamChukwudi: 2:13am On Aug 28, 2022
GeneralPula:

I heard Brazil is good. Please how true is this?

I'll rather live in Brazil than live in Canada. You'll feel at home in Brazil straight away, since it has more black populations than every black country in the world except Nigeria.

It's warm, they eat like us, and really friendly. You can never be bored in Brazil. It's one of the most beautiful place on earth, and the most multi cultural/racial country on earth.

But have money. The kind of social services you'll get in countries like Canada are non-existent there. But if money is not your problem, I honestly don't see why one will pick a deep freezer aka Canada, instead of a tropical paradise.

4 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MallamChukwudi: 2:19am On Aug 28, 2022
franchasofficia:

I know you want your girlfriends and female crushes in Nigeria to see Canada as paradise so that when you tell them you live in Canada they will off their pant easily for you thinking you are rich, not knowing that you are just a middleclass or struggling to join the middleclass self lol, pele the op is spoiling show for u and other Canada based guys, maybe u can start telling them u live in US since na the same plus 1 dialing code cheesy

But wait o, I should start playing that card. You mean if I tell people that I live in Canada, they will off paynt. Even men too? grin
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by NEWSCENTER: 2:31am On Aug 28, 2022
Please stop clowning. On what grounds are you comparing Germany to Canada? Some of you yapping rubbish here knows that you cannot even get Canada visa, the same Germany that I can use ordinary shengen to enter with ease. Nobody is interested in going to Germany or any European country for that matter, there's no difference between Nigeria and European countries in terms of economy.

America and Canada are the two most sought after countries on earth in terms of economic viability.

MallamChukwudi:

All the Nordic countries are better than Canada. I don't even want to touch Australia or Europe generally. Bro, speak with caution.

2 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MallamChukwudi: 2:36am On Aug 28, 2022
NEWSCENTER:
Please stop clowning. On what grounds are you comparing Germany to Canada? Some of you yapping rubbish here knows that you cannot even get Canada visa, the same Germany that I can use ordinary shengen to enter with ease. Nobody is interested in going to Germany or any European country for that matter, there's no difference between Nigeria and European countries in terms of economy.

America and Canada are the two most sought after countries on earth in terms of economic viability.

You can make your point without actually inferring downgrade to me. I can actually support my point with data, to give credibility to it.

For the US, it is only third world immigrant that migrate there the most. Hardly you'll see Europeans or those from the first worl move there en mass. Hence Trump was pissee that the US is a haven for those from countries he terms as shit hole.
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by NEWSCENTER: 2:44am On Aug 28, 2022
Just shut up. Are you an European? Germany or any European country is so easy to enter, just get your shengen visa and you will tour all of them. It is so because they are actually begging people to come and spend in their economy.

But do you see US and Canada, these are the two countries on earth that has the hardest and strictest visa issuance, it is because those countries are the most sought-after in the world in terms of economic prosperity and advancement.

MallamChukwudi:

You can make your point without actually inferring downgrade to me. I can actually support my point with data, to give credibility to it.

For the US, it is only third world immigrant that migrate there the most. Hardly you'll see Europeans or those from the first worl move there en mass. Hence Trump was pissee that the US is a haven for those from countries he terms as shit hole.

I have been to UK, France, etc, but I can assure that those countries including Germany are poor and under developed compare to US and Canada. For instance can you show me any road as this in the whole of Germany. I did this video in Toronto. Ofcourse there are many of such roads all over Toronto alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP08pFggIk0

2 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:47am On Aug 28, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

Even if you want to travel, it is good to be well informed about that and you fully weigh the pros and cons, making sure that you endure whatever the fallout will be.
definitely but we have been made to believe traveling out is d main key especially for us in the south...
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MallamChukwudi: 2:49am On Aug 28, 2022
NEWSCENTER:
Just shut up. Are you an European? Germany or any European country is so easy to enter, just get your shengen visa and you will tour all of them. It is so because they are actually begging people to come and spend in their economy.

But do you see US and Canada, these are the two countries on earth that has the hardest and strictest visa issuance, it is because those countries are the most sought-after in the world in terms of economic prosperity and advancement.

Youre annoying. Can you make your point without the insults? Yes I'm European. I live in Germany. I don't need a visa to go to Canada or the US. What's the hell is wrong with you? Do I have to be European before my point have any weight ?

Here is a link to the global mobility index, and Canada ranks low behind Scandinavian countries, Germany and other European countries. US is even far far behind. Feel free to love North America all you want, but facts are facts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Social_Mobility_Index

Please respond like someone that is civil, that is not an emotionally-driven Hot bull, and can accommodate alternative fact. You don't have be bitter to make your point. You disrespect yourself, not others.

6 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by NEWSCENTER: 2:52am On Aug 28, 2022
You are a big liar.

You have only been to Germany that's if you have been to Europe. Nobody ever visited US or Canada and decides to go to Germany to settle, no one.

If you doubt me, show us the visas that took you to US and Canada.

You think you are talking to a villager.

Germany is a village compare to US and Canada.

MallamChukwudi:

Youre annoying. Can you make your point without the insults? Yes I'm European. I live in Germany. I've been to Canada and the US, and a dozen more other countries. What's the hell is wrong with you? Do I have to be European before my point have any weight ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Social_Mobility_Index

Here is a link to the global mobility index, and Canada ranks low behind Scandinavian countries, Germany and other European countries. US is even far far behind. Feel free to love North America all you want, but facts are facts.

Please respond like someone that is civil, that is not emotionally driven and can accommodate alternative fact. You don't have be bitter to make your point. You disrespect that way.

Useless statistics that doesn't reflect reality. Let's start with infrastructures. Show me anywhere like this in Germany

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP08pFggIk0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=421Bf4brqGo

3 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by damzy88: 2:54am On Aug 28, 2022
MallamChukwudi:
If you want to be average, go to Canada. If you want to be exceptional and thrive in a system that will reward your hustle objectively, go to the US, or Germany.

Canada is simply the backdoor for third world citizens to migrate to a first world country. In the league of develop countries with upward mobility, Canada ranks low.
Oga/madam, how many billionaire/millionaire are in Germany? You know the number of International students in Germany that I know that wants to move to North America. Una go just de talk for this nairaland. Smh.

5 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by NEWSCENTER: 2:58am On Aug 28, 2022
damzy88:
Oga/madam, how many billionaire/millionaire are in Germany? You know the number of International students in Germany that I know that wants to move to North America. Una go just de talk for this nairaland. Smh.

Don't mind the clown. Most of them have tried to get US and Canada visa but failed and then decided to settle for Germany that anyone can use ordinary shengen visa to enter.

This is the highway connecting Toronto and Mississauga Canada, there's no part of Europe including Germany that can boast of infrastructures like this

3 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by krissconnect(m): 3:10am On Aug 28, 2022
Once they move abroad, they start giving you 101 reasons not to move too. Nigerians are evil.

2 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by jimpix11: 3:11am On Aug 28, 2022
Omo people dy yarn dust here. Someone even said EU grin grin Well apart from Germany, no other EU country comes close to Canada.

I just moved from UK to Canada and I will choose UK 100times over.

Also "hidden" taxes are plenty in the UK

no council tax in canada, Cars seems a bit cheaper, No box rooms.

And make Nigerians no dy pass dm level. Also, talk to people. No dy carry shoulder pad around

@OP you're talking of building wealth, do you expect to build wealth within 4years in any developed country? It's gradual.

Whizqueen is a PR holder with citizenship in view. No mind am grin

3 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by jimpix11: 3:13am On Aug 28, 2022
damzy88:

I tire for that mallam.. yarning shi* up and down

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by damzy88: 3:16am On Aug 28, 2022
NEWSCENTER:

Don't mind the clown. Most of them have tried to get US and Canada visa but failed and then decided to settle for Germany that anyone can use ordinary shengen visa to enter.

This is the highway connecting Toronto and Mississauga Canada, there's no part of Europe including Germany that can boast of infrastructures like this

Don't mind them. People just talk on this thread and I just laugh. Canada is not perfect I agree but don't compare it to a lot of European countries. Did many even know that Canada has about 3 cities in the Top 10 cities to live in the world. Smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Softeffizzy(m): 3:20am On Aug 28, 2022
Thank you!
ednut1:
Although the op na my friend i will tackle her.

1. There are people building wealth in cheaper provinces like Alberta or New Brunswick where houses go for 300k to 400k. In Ontario its like 900k to 1.5m for the average house and you suppose drop 5% deposit for mortgage. Married people or common law guys are able to build wealth too due to combined income. Solution is move to a cheaper province, get married or find a partner.
2 . Cost of living- where in the world is not costly. With all the amenities, free resources, and standard of living why should it be cheap There are many people earning 3700 dols a month but staying in apartments costing 2200 dols. Is that not madness. Some are one 2500 a month but their rent is 1800 lol
3 . Boredom and loneliness- Nigerians move to a cold country and refuse to do what whites do in the winter. Whose fault is that Many ladies from Nigeria have unrealistic expectations and are single to stupor. Whose fault is that Lol
4 cold. Get a good winter jacket or knacks partner. Nothing dey there
5. Professional jobs- doctors know this before coming and should have explored uk. A friend passed the medical exams in 18months its doable. Yes there are issues with Canada experience but with constant applications and upgrading ones skills. You will be able to get in. You and i both know many people with only Nigerians experience or degrees balling in big companies

Oya come back home o.

I know people especially tech who moved to usa after getting their Canada citizenship. More money is involved and passport privileges too don set. The Canadian passport opens doors to better countries
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ayandee: 3:45am On Aug 28, 2022
remsonik:
Hmmm....... This should not be o, planning on relocating there soon
Relocate abeg. What you should do:

1. Move to low-cost provinces like Alberta, Nova Scotia, Manitoba (where i am and loving it), Saskatchewan.
2. Live within your means there. Go with your partner and team up to get your own home.
3. Develop yourself. Apply to schools within your first year of arrival if you need to study. Get grants for your education. Do relevant certifications in your field.
4. Try to integrate. Don't just flock around fellow Nigerians only. If you are a christian, join a small white church. Don't rush out after the service. Talk to people. Smile. Look neat. Get involved in the church activities e.g join their choir, help them beat konga and drums. Offer to join them in packing instruments after service. When they invite you to their homes, honour the invite. Converse with them. Engage in small talks about things that interest them like dogs, cats, vacations, yard work, food etc. You will be amazed the many benefits these will bring.
Networking is key here.
5. As for the cold, get winter jackets. There are heaters in homes and public places. You will be fine.
6. Get married if you are not already married. Have kids. Canada loves kids.

You will be fine. Come on over!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Emmanuel909090: 3:56am On Aug 28, 2022
Really, learning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna / Worst Bridge In The World At Igwe Ito, Obi LGA In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.