Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada (102312 Views)

Why Immigrants Can Never Be Happy In Their New Country / Leaving Canada.......... Secrets / Reasons Why Immigrants Are Now Leaving Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Lonepair1: 8:49am On Aug 28, 2022
Amayabor1:

You can succeed in Nigeria. Those that want to go abroad to succeed, let them be. You are not wiser than them. And in most cases, they will do far better in life than you that stayed back in Nigeria.

You can go and ask the doctors why many of them are leaving Nigeria.
how please ?? Mind you , I don't mind traveling but Canada is a NO No
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by hammed71(m): 9:03am On Aug 28, 2022
i personally just don't like Canada, i dont like the vibe there, i prefer the uk, eu, USA and Australia to Canada.

2 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by pocohantas(f): 9:10am On Aug 28, 2022
Gerrard59:

Even the screenshot is that of normal bankers not investment bankers. The hate the guy gets on Nairaland is too much for someone who hasn't scammed someone, and regularly drops legit information.

I think it's pure hatred from people who don't like legit information about migrating/living abroad to be disseminated to fellow Nigerians. To these people, they are pained someone is always posting accurate and straightforward answers to enable others migrate. To them, others Nigerians shouldn't relocate.

I know Nairalanders very well. Non of their shenanigans is strange to me. See as e run go Google just to discredit someone’s pay. E go hard for some people to make am sha. Their jealousy and bitterness na world class.

Gerrard59:

You really have plenty haters on Nairaland o. It's pathetic. The bile in that post ehshocked

Lmao. I am always behind people like Ednut wey dey pepper them.

7 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Eagba(m): 9:22am On Aug 28, 2022
halaqasa:

This your detailing nawa ooo

Well I agree though
Came Into CA with study permit
I no dae do any labor job just FX , but damn I pay taxes and whenever I convert to naira my mind dae always break.

E be many things walahi.

But what do i enjoy?
I have access to informations that aids my skill.

It's a sane environment where no police will profile me based on my appearance.

Well just here for a while to clear my head...... I clearly can't live here nor raise a family here! Never
Nah just temporary head clear I come dae here for.

By the way nah Manitoba I dae

Life on a low key
bro how do you pay the tax, do your broker subtract it before paying you or like how

or you go to ir to declare it

I be novice
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by thomaspartey: 9:36am On Aug 28, 2022
[quote author=whizqueen post=116118891][/quote]

you are living in canada and i believe with no plans of leaving yet you are discouraging others from coming there. or are you not being affected by the problems you highlighted? why are some of you so selfish?

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by 2Radii: 9:36am On Aug 28, 2022
c900:
You see food eat, where to sleep, dat one no reach you? Dem no break your door for night, you dey drive new car, you get free medicine. Wetin you dey look for again? Your children no go ever veg for food again.
Which kind wealth you wan build again? Make I tell you over rich na vanity, na just for show off and na people go chop the money later.

I am looking for a way to fault ur submission but i couldn't, posterity wil judge me if i do..

U really said the truth bro

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by SIRTee15: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2022
IbileIfe:

Singapore, Hong Kong in China or Switzerland.

I recommend Hong Kong, because it is major global financial centre and one of the most developed cities in the world.

It's obvious u have no idea what u talking about.
Those countries u mentioned are for established expatriates and not some economic migrants from Africa looking for a better life.
Hong Kong and Singapore are not 3rd world immigrant friendly, some will even deport u right from the airport.

7 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:41am On Aug 28, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
definitely but we have been made to believe traveling out is d main key especially for us in the south...
it has always been the key,
But always be conscious of the fact that the right information is power, so u don't end up in countries like Cambodia, Cyprus, Yemen, Lebanon due to severe lack of quality information.

Have u not noticed that the level of shyness while huzzling is very high at one's home country compared to when a person is in another country, state, city or region. In other places, one throws caution to the wind, and go all in to achieve their objectives, cos they have nothing to lose.

3 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Ketchup908: 9:56am On Aug 28, 2022
rickleye:

I know someone who knows someone who can sponsor but there’s a cost to it

Hello

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by 2Radii: 9:59am On Aug 28, 2022
MT:

Now that you are acting as if you own the whole world with Canadian PR, what should the US Green Card Holders do, who DOES NOT need a visa to enter Canada. Afterall, your PR should be equivalent to the Green Card in the US, only that the latter enjoys more privileges.

In my Yoruba language we call people like you - "Omo oju ori ola ri" translating to "He who has never witnessed wealth before".

From what you wrote, your type always refer to other people as success, always knowing "them" personally and you are never a success. Your life never translate to one. How can you with such an uncouth behaviour?.

When you travel down to Nigeria, it is your type your family will circle round and you will be bashing them with cock and bull stories. Shake my head for you again!, I simply pity those that choose you as friends.
Hmmm, eyin omo yoruba sha, always full of word

Bros me pls i want to make some enquiries about this canada of a country.

I really want to migrate to that country but what i am reading here is giving me some kind of thought.

Pls sir, is it difficult for a single man, who has a wife and a kid in Nigeria to survive in Canada??
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Lonepair1: 10:01am On Aug 28, 2022
Amayabor1:

You can succeed in Nigeria. Those that want to go abroad to succeed, let them be. You are not wiser than them. And in most cases, they will do far better in life than you that stayed back in Nigeria.

You can go and ask the doctors why many of them are leaving Nigeria.
guy you are just mad !! Point out where I said traveling abroad is not wise ?? Stop imposing what I did not say on me !
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Starzo: 10:03am On Aug 28, 2022
SavageBoy:
You're talking about a country that's more than 10 times the size of Nigeria,operating 6 different time zones and has a population of just 38 million.

I can imagine how lonely it could be most especially during the winter period. Though Canada is much better than Nigeria, I would rather relocate to Brazil. I really feel for our single Nigerian sisters there, e no go easy for una oh

Relocate to Brazil only of you don already get money

No opportunities for that country

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Ketchup908: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2022
Starzo:

What of qatar?
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by 2Radii: 10:06am On Aug 28, 2022
TK9680:
You can easily make a living in Canada. I live both in Canada and Nigeria.
My son is been paid 500cad monthly plus full discounted fees by government to attend University.
Let me break it down. They discount the fees, lend it to him and then pay a grant (not lending) for his living expenses.
. As long as you are moderate, there is no issue. Do your courses, get into the system and its easy pissy.
You don't have to live in Toronto or BC. You are not trying to impress anyone, everyone is relatively ok, I can tell you that's the Africans no 1 problem. No one to oppress. I speak to my friends everyday here, Yoruba, Igbo, South South, all wonderful people doing well. I just finished watching Arsenal match with my friends.
Issue of marriage, this is a world wide thing, not only Canada. Its getting incredibly difficult getting a life partner ANYWHERE.
Always tension in Niger. I live the choice to you. Good luck to everyone
Sir pls how easy it is for a single man trying to relocate there??

Tho wife and daughter are at home in Nigeria sir.
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by SavageBoy: 10:16am On Aug 28, 2022
Starzo:

If I will be relocating to Brazil, it won't be for hustle. It's gonna be for flex.
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by fashrola(m): 10:19am On Aug 28, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
They are perpetual migrants looking for what is not lost. There is no gold rush anywhere. From Qatar to EU to Cyprus to Italy to SA to Ghana to Ukraine to US to UK and now to Canada, the japa crew are now officially 'one chance' victims. Some could actually have been better in Nigeria but they never learn. Their ears are blocked.

Some crossed over and their first task was cursing Nigeria and talking down on Nigeria. Those ones are the ones Nigeria, the land where their placenta was buried, cursed back physically and spiritually. Sadly, those ones are irredeemable.

They exaggerated the challenges they faced here and some actually quitted certainty for uncertainty before reality hit them hard , unlike the prodigal son, it became too late for them to turn back and return home because of shame, regret and what those they left behind who had overtaken them in life will say.

Andrew a.ka. Mr Japa, you better repent, start blessing Nigeria so it can reverse its curses on you and come back home to start afresh before you end up in life like a snake that never leaves mark on a rock.
check my signature for free stuffs!

I know you will always type rubbish..... DUMB boy
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by 2Radii: 10:21am On Aug 28, 2022
franchasofficia:
They know the truth, they know you are telling the untold truth but you know typical Nigerians always want people to believe they are living in the best place and living the best life once they migrate out of Nigeria. Lol

All you said are nothing but the truth.

Canada as a country is not designed to make people rich, and most Nigerians that want to migrate, their major reason for Japaing is to make huge money and possibly become rich not for the so called good healthcare or fine environment cos Nigerians believe with plenty money u can create your own paradise on earth no matter how bad the environment is lolz, so its good as you are opening their eyes to reality on ground
u re a tru son of the soil grin grin grin

Abeg who serene environment help??

Accrue money as much as u can and jakpa come naija come invest ur money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by halaqasa: 10:22am On Aug 28, 2022
Eagba:

bro how do you pay the tax, do your broker subtract it before paying you or like how

or you go to ir to declare it

I be novice

Prop Firms pay me into my deel account
Deel Actually makes the deduction of the taxes.

Later on these days I will get an attorney that will help out with filling.
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Lonepair1: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2022
halaqasa:

Well I agree though
I no dae do any labor job just FX , but damn I pay taxes and whenever I convert to naira my mind dae always break.

E be many things walahi.

But what do i enjoy?

Well just here for a while to clear my head...... I clearly can't live here nor raise a family here! Never

Life on a low key
sent you a pm bro
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by nextBIGthing: 10:40am On Aug 28, 2022
halaqasa:

Well I agree though

E be many things walahi.

But what do i enjoy?

Life on a low key

Good day bro
How is life in manitoba ?
I got admission there to university of manitoba and waiting on my visa to be approved

Pls any advise from that side will be appreciated. Most especially the life outside campus , standard of living, and I go like make you use your experience guide me abeg

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Chukdobz20: 10:45am On Aug 28, 2022
LoveGifted:
No wonder 90% of them are very STINGY...

If you ask any of them to please send you money, they will just ignore you yet when they want to come back home, they would be looking for you to help them in one way or the other.

That was how I asked some of them whom I know to please send me their some money for School fees last week (for am going back to school to atleast further and better my life) based on the fact that I have done lots of favors for them in the past.
Na so so story. Even if it is $20 it is something, I will add it to what I have. No way!!!
Stinginess is their name.

Yet these guys where people I was feeding while in University. They will drink my Pure water every night and finish it without replacing everyday.
They have forgotten.

Anyways, such is life. The Dice is still rolling.

In this life, just keep your hope on GOD for all men will fail you even those you have helped but GOD will never fail.

Also, I don't like getting Clients from Canada. They too dey price my market. Some of my products cured my MALE patient whose MANHOOD WAS DEAD BUT FINALLY ROSE UP.
HIS MANHOOD WAS NOT STANDING BUT after he took some of my heath products, it finally STOOD UP.

This man called me from Canada saying he wants to buy the product. Product is 25K. Come and see how this man was pricing something of 25K to 15K. I became so angry. Na so u stingy reach even to your own health.
Him telling me the Doctors in Canada told him he will do Surgery and he is afraid. He does not want to die now.

He sent the money but I did not rest. Every minute my phone will ring. Baba was policing me about. To even waybill it to him in Canada via DHL was another 23K. That one was another war. Shipping from Nigeria to Canada takes like 3 days. Those 3 days ehn, I did not rest atall.

After I shipped the product to him and he received it, I blocked his line biko. He was already stressing me, policing me and giving me headache.

If Canada is making you badly stingy even to yourself, PLEASE LEAVE FOR YOUR SANITY.

LOL bro. Not always like you think...

Yes we have job but too tell you the truth we are broke and have bills to pay with close to nothing to save...

People in naija thinks everyone abroad is rich to spare ordinary 20 dollars.. My bro millions abroad are just managing and close to nothing our expectations when we are in naija..

If naija atleast 50% of the Canadian standards. Millions will return home.. Its better at home bro.. Just that home is nothing to write about.. Reason why people prefer to be abroad.

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by 2Radii: 10:50am On Aug 28, 2022
Litmus:

Number 4 is a huge one. African women love abroad. Many Western nations are female oriented. Women generally arn't as concerned or motivated by pride issues as men, especially Nigeria men, so African women are able to tolerate what would be for men soul destroying humiliation. African women love the welfare system. They would have no qualms sitting at home jobless receiving welfare benefits such as child allowances. Actually they would happily stay at home shitting out babies after calculating how many babies would earn them the welfare benefit equivalent of top salary. If they are employed, they can tolerate low wages or professions lower than they are qualified for. They are impervious to the injustices of taking orders from individuals, usually whites, much younger and less qualified than them.

For reasons mentioned above and more, wives never want to return to Nigeria permanently. Subsequently Nigeria men are liable to stay put abroad for the sake of their nuclear families against thire return home preferences.
AAHHH omoohhh

How u take describe women for here weak me ooh..

Guy u re not a good person ooh..ahh

He said Nigeria women are comfortable shitting out babies like baby making machines grin grin grin

Omo laff wan tear my belle ooh grin
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by SIRTee15: 10:51am On Aug 28, 2022
NuCypher:
I wonder how no one has woken up to the fact that there is no topic these lonely Nigerian women in Canada won't sensationalize for views on their decrepit Youtube channels. When they are not crying their sorry eyes out at night for lack of having a real man in their lives, they are shooting countless Youtube videos to cope with the loneliness living alone in Canada brings. Some of them have not been touched at the slightest by a man since they left Nigeria for Canada. Youtube is their best buddy for keeping loneliness, fatigue and boredom at bay. Let them have it in peace. This is a non-topic, but they need content. Pardon their ways.

But the owner of this one Youtube channel is certainly not pleasant on the eyes.

I think this is the real untold truth about Nigerian girls in Canada.
Very lonely and becoming depressed. Their entitled mentality is a turn off for most foreign men coupled with the fact that black women are placed at the bottom of the dating pyramid. And if we are to be honest, beauty and physical feminine attribute isn't a strong point for Nigerian women. When u factored all these, you will understand their frustrations on YouTube.
Nigerian canadian girls should spare us this ranting, let them come home and find husband. At least they have Canadian PR, that should be enough incentive to entice men. Let them swallow their pride and talk to their aunts back home to connect them with men.
Living your old age alone without kids or partner isn't funny anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Fujiyama: 11:02am On Aug 28, 2022
franchasofficia:
Nigerians still abhor the developed countries' tax system lol, which makes them miss Nigeria, and wished they ate their cake and still had it lolz

^^^
Another key point.

I wager there's almost no US citizen (and I guess the same holds true for Canadians) of working age who doesn't know the deadline for filing returns with the IRS - and the penalties for wrongdoing in filing. Nigerians on the other hand are more likely to know the next Champions league fixture than anything to do with tax filing. cheesy

Very different systems. cheesy

franchasofficia:
In all, everyone should not have high expectations when planning to migrate, Nigerians should understand that there is no free money anywhere in the world.

^^^
Very true.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by sulaak(m): 11:04am On Aug 28, 2022
Mrkumareze:
The truth is that most Nigerians making it big abroad are into crimes. There's no easy money in abroad, you can only enjoy good life, environment and feel the presence of their government .. Freedom is highly restricted compared to what we have in Nigeria.

But its good to have first experience, it matters alot

You are a liar and jealous.

it is very difficult to succeed in crime in the West. There is heavy surveillance in the West and all your record from credit cards, jobs, bills, school and healthcare details are heavily recorded and accessible to the government and security agencies. If you are into crime you will be easily found out because you must justify your source of income before you buy or rent a house.

In the UK Nigerians are doing very well in the retail, property, IT and healthcare business.

I know of young Nigeria a that came to the UK in 2007 completed a PhD and now works as an IT consultant he has two rental properties valued at £500k that is close to a £ 1 million portfolio asset.

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Jefferyhi86(m): 11:13am On Aug 28, 2022
Come Nigeria come marry me wink
whizqueen:

Lol babes calm your tits! Of all your responses the only one important to me is the rental cos I’m really looking. If you’re able to find me one, I will pay for your time.

Your screenshot holds no water. I can love living in Canada and I’m freely allowed to still talk about things I don’t like.

Like I mentioned in the beginning of my original post this thread is not to bash Canada or discourage people from coming here.

So pls my darling I’d be waiting for those links to $1500 luxury apartments. Thanks b kiss
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:16am On Aug 28, 2022
NoFucksToGive:
angry
You cap too much nonsense just for likes... No one sent you to Canada nor did anyone ask you for this trash.

Should we open a thread about why Nigerians are fleeing to Canada?

All these servants of Saboteurs disgusting as advisers .

1.Is making wealth in Nigeria easy ? No! Only through politics or crime is the only way for someone without connection to make it in Nigeria

2. Cost of living in Nigeria is too fvcking high! Just ask anyone

3. Loneliness? Misery loves company that's why Nigerians flock around you in Nigeria

4. Cold... Give me cold over mosquitoes biting me while I slap myself at night while trying to kill them

5. Getting professional jobs ... E still better pass Nigeria 1 million times over and over..

See guys and girls becareful what you read or whom you take seriously. Some people are servants of Satan sent to misguide you .

This is how the Federal government wants to prevent brain drain ? Instead of ADDRESSING why all the doctors lawyers engineers and professionals are running abroad they are employing quacks to come online and type shit. angry

Run from such people

To wipe this OP USB cord for neck just dey hungry me! angry
You spoke no lies my brother.
My own is that with all he stated (true or false), the writer never ended with him deciding to return back to Nigeria or even relocate elsewhere.
Talking about Winter depression, driving in Lagos every damn day is already depressing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Jefferyhi86(m): 11:25am On Aug 28, 2022
May ur days be long as ur dick on earth, say amen grin.. Motivational quote wen de ginger person
ayandee:
Relocate abeg. What you should do:

1. Move to low-cost provinces like Alberta, Nova Scotia, Manitoba (where i am and loving it), Saskatchewan.
2. Live within your means there. Go with your partner and team up to get your own home.
3. Develop yourself. Apply to schools within your first year of arrival if you need to study. Get grants for your education. Do relevant certifications in your field.
4. Try to integrate. Don't just flock around fellow Nigerians only. If you are a christian, join a small white church. Don't rush out after the service. Talk to people. Smile. Look neat. Get involved in the church activities e.g join their choir, help them beat konga and drums. Offer to join them in packing instruments after service. When they invite you to their homes, honour the invite. Converse with them. Engage in small talks about things that interest them like dogs, cats, vacations, yard work, food etc. You will be amazed the many benefits these will bring.
Networking is key here.
5. As for the cold, get winter jackets. There are heaters in homes and public places. You will be fine.
6. Get married if you are not already married. Have kids. Canada loves kids.

You will be fine. Come on over!

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Thomasankara(m): 11:53am On Aug 28, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
6. No Single Rituals Shrine

That's why I left. Useless country.
[/color]really, u are a wicked man[color=#770077]
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 28, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Only because they don't hav the insight

Canada is a very nice country
1st country for that matter

But the country is Programmed in java to make you live a decent life... but it doesn't make you rich or wealthy...

It's very rare for u to see some in Canada dashing out money to people in third country...

I hav a Dr friend... after getting his Canada residency... baba just relocate straight... his currently here with us in the States

Most people I know who live abroad don't dish out money like that, infact they re stingy.
Ask those in UK and Scotland.

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ednut1(m): 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2022
NairaMaster1:

You wasted years to get the canadian citizenship to move to another country? OK! Most of us have made it here. I can fly to any country of my choice anytime anyway any day.
wasted years as how I continued with my same career as i was doing in Nigeria. Gotten promotions and savings etc. i was talking about tech people. I am not into tech. I work as an auditor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.