Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada (102267 Views)

Why Immigrants Can Never Be Happy In Their New Country / Leaving Canada.......... Secrets / Reasons Why Immigrants Are Now Leaving Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Backpedal: 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2022
MT:

You cant just relocate to the US after getting Candian citizenship. The US immigration process will treat you same way like someone from Africa. You have no competitive advantage. You need to find the job and follow the US immigration process for work permit.
Na lie o

Canadian citizens have one leg in with that NAFTA stuff....

I have forgotten the name of that pathway.
But Canadian and Mexican professionals can apply for it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by TruthinAction: 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2022
You can mingle with like minds and make yourself happy. Don't they have swimming pools? Relaxation joints.

Start one where Africans living there can come together and mingle.

Are there no churches there you can go and praise God at least twice in a week.

What about TV channels? I am sure they have constant power supply there.

No matter the setbacks, it is far better than Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MT: 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2022
Backpedal:

Na lie o

Smiles. No be one leg, na one quarter legs.

NAFTA is a free trade agreement between the US, Mexico and Canada. It has NOTHING to do with immigration.

Read about it here:

https://www.trade.gov/north-american-free-trade-agreement-nafta

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ufotunang: 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2022
Then come back to Nigeria na

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Lonepair1: 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2022
ednut1:
people are making 200k to 300k doing two remote jobs like you said. Op should come back first lol
so they don't tax remote job ?

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ednut1(m): 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2022
MT:

You are talking trash. I dont care who you know, birds of the same feather.

You simply do not get it. As a PR Holder, you will attend visa interview at the US consulate in Canada before you can be given access to the US. To your warped mind, PR comes with 10 years visiting. So Canada has the authority to issue US visa on behalf of the US ?.

We are talking about US immigration , you are talking about US companies showing preference for Canadians. Does that make sense to you? Can US companies bring people in without subjecting those individuals to US immigration. And they will be at the back of the queue, not the front. You cant say because you have a Canadian citizenship, US immigration will fast track your application for work permit. Hell No.

Someone that has not been in any of these countries, talking crap. Everything you said was hearsay. Shake my head!

This is the issue with Nigerians, they do not know and never humble to learn.

Attached is from Quora. Go and research and learn and stop sounding like a dunce.

i live in Canada. Been there 2 years. Your source is quora U just a bittle angry fellow. Run along. I currently work for an American bank with HQ in usa. U cant know more than who is in the system who knows people who have gone to USA to work for amazon, meta and others lol. Abeg carry ya bitterness away

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by africanpride1: 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2022
Mandatory Satan VaaSin is number 1 Reason why my 2 White Friends ran away from Canada..
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by whizqueen(f): 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2022
muyico:
cash out youtuber

Lol you think it’s about the views for me?? It’s not a mistake that the video is already at almost 50k views. See below screenshots from non-Nigerians on that video. People are leaving!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Fearyourcreator: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2022
Beremx:
That won’t stop me from relocating to Canada my dream country. All I need now is sponsorship to move.

Nonsense Nigeria
Calm down ...

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ednut1(m): 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2022
Lonepair1:
so they don't tax remote job ?
https://www.nairaland.com/7300849/464m-trapped-funds-british-airways#116083723 this you Dont ask me questions like this. Shows u are dull,

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Elidrisy20: 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2022
wiseone28:
When will i also see snow
you go see am for movi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Connected1: 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2022
Acidosis:

Let's be realistic when we market this "free health care" as a basis for Nigerians to move to certain countries.

I know people who haven't used a single tablet in 10 years despite the harsh environment in Nigeria. I don't think the typical Nigerian hustler cares about all that.

Frustration sets in when the expectation (money) does not match the reality. For example, the average Nigerian is not used to paying taxes. Many circumvent electricity bill, etc. so they get really frustrated when they realize that 20-30% of the money they worked for goes to an healthcare system (they probably wouldn't use).

I believe an individual should try and attain a certain level of comfort before relocating on the basis of free or standard healthcare. What some people need is good money. These are people who haven't been to a hospital for any major treatment in 15 years. All they need is a good job, money, and more money.
I am entitled to HMO at where I work but I haven't been to any hospital all my life, sometimes I even get angry and wish they add these money to my salary instead.

I have friends abroad that are complaining seriously, the truth many will not tell you is that crime pays faster and better than legit but it's not good, most guys making it full skin abroad are into one or two forms of crimes.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ednut1(m): 9:30pm On Aug 27, 2022
Backpedal:

Na lie o

leave the ignorant guy lol. Application wey dem go give priority he dey her dey yarn crap

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MT: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2022
ednut1:
i live in Canada. Been there 2 years. Your source is quora U just a bittle angry fellow. Run along. I currently work for an American bank with HQ in usa. U cant know more than who is in the system who knows people who have gone to USA to work for amazon, meta and others lol. Abeg carry ya bitterness away

I do not care where u live. You are just NOT making any sense.

Show a proof where PR comes with 10 year visiting visa. Olodo, you be!.

Bankers abroad are not that rewarding except you are investment banker. If it true you live in Canada, that is disgraceful.

Proving senselessly that you can work in the US with a Canadian citizenship. Shame. I have been traveling to all those countries before you sneaked in through the back door. Stop disgracing your ancestors in a public space. Sit this discourse out!

11 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Fearyourcreator: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2022
NoFucksToGive:
angry
You cap too much nonsense just for likes... No one sent you to Canada nor did anyone ask you for this trash.

Should we open a thread about why Nigerians are fleeing to Canada?

All these servants of Saboteurs disgusting as advisers .

1.Is making wealth in Nigeria easy ? No! Only through politics or crime is the only way for someone without connection to make it in Nigeria

2. Cost of living in Nigeria is too fvcking high! Just ask anyone

3. Loneliness? Misery loves company that's why Nigerians flock around you in Nigeria

4. Cold... Give me cold over mosquitoes biting me while I slap myself at night while trying to kill them

5. Getting professional jobs ... E still better pass Nigeria 1 million times over and over..

See guys and girls becareful what you read or whom you take seriously. Some people are servants of Satan sent to misguide you .

This is how the Federal government wants to prevent brain drain ? Instead of ADDRESSING why all the doctors lawyers engineers and professionals are running abroad they are employing quacks to come online and type shit. angry

Run from such people

To wipe this OP USB cord for neck just dey hungry me! angry
Mr. To make it in Nigeria is only crime and politics?...
Na for you be that sha
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by franchasofficia: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2022
MT:

You are talking trash. I dont care who you know, birds of the same feather.

You simply do not get it. As a PR Holder, you will attend visa interview at the US consulate in Canada before you can be given access to the US. To your warped mind, PR comes with 10 years visiting. So Canada has the authority to issue US visa on behalf of the US ?.

We are talking about US immigration , you are talking about US companies showing preference for Canadians. Does that make sense to you? Can US companies bring people in without subjecting those individuals to US immigration. And they will be at the back of the queue, not the front. You cant say because you have a Canadian citizenship, US immigration will fast track your application for work permit. Hell No.

Someone that has not been in any of these countries, talking crap. Everything you said was hearsay. Shake my head!

This is the issue with Nigerians, they do not know and never humble to learn.

Attached is from Quora. Go and research and learn and stop sounding like a dunce.

Canada is for people with no other option of better developed countries like the US.

Even those living in Canada, their dream land is US, no be juju be that cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Backpedal: 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2022
MT:

Smiles. No be one leg, na one quarter legs.

NAFTA is a free trade agreement between the US, Mexico and Canada. It has NOTHING to do with immigration.

Read about it here:

https://www.trade.gov/north-american-free-trade-agreement-nafta

Not that
I know what NAFTA is

Canadians are the only nationals that can stay six months back to back in the USA

Other countries even Europeans can only stay 90 out of 180 days

I know of someone who used it to enter the USA as a naturalized Canadian

It's just that the name escapes my mind
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by 1kinggy(m): 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2022
HRHQueenPhil:
So what do u then advise or were shld we move to that will be worth it

Australia is looking like a good call if your target is residency.
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Backpedal: 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Mr. To make it in Nigeria is only crime and politics?...
Na for you be that sha
Making it in Nigeria without being dubious in any way is kind of difficult

It's either u are a straight criminal
Or you are gaming the system one way or the other

Those who do well ethically in Nigeria are not so many

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Olat4421: 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2022
So on one point someone like dangote wunt ave being a billionaire in dollar assuming he was from Canada, considering d monopoly he get here
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by frankie2K(m): 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2022
NoFucksToGive:
angry
You cap too much nonsense just for likes... No one sent you to Canada nor did anyone ask you for this trash.

Should we open a thread about why Nigerians are fleeing to Canada?

All these servants of Saboteurs disgusting as advisers .

1.Is making wealth in Nigeria easy ? No! Only through politics or crime is the only way for someone without connection to make it in Nigeria

2. Cost of living in Nigeria is too fvcking high! Just ask anyone

3. Loneliness? Misery loves company that's why Nigerians flock around you in Nigeria

4. Cold... Give me cold over mosquitoes biting me while I slap myself at night while trying to kill them

5. Getting professional jobs ... E still better pass Nigeria 1 million times over and over..

See guys and girls becareful what you read or whom you take seriously. Some people are servants of Satan sent to misguide you .

This is how the Federal government wants to prevent brain drain ? Instead of ADDRESSING why all the doctors lawyers engineers and professionals are running abroad they are employing quacks to come online and type shit. angry

Run from such people

To wipe this OP USB cord for neck just dey hungry me! angry

Honestly you said my mind. These type of people are government sponsored!!!. Imagine the lies of hyping rent and utilities!!, I reside legally in Europe and that is the best decision I made in life

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by jojothaiv(m): 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2022
ecolime:
So, when are you returning to Nigeria?
In OP's voice, NO, I can't, I cannot, I cannot can, in fact I can never

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by c900: 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2022
You see food eat, where to sleep, dat one no reach you? Dem no break your door for night, you dey drive new car, you get free medicine. Wetin you dey look for again? Your children no go ever veg for food again.
Which kind wealth you wan build again? Make I tell you over rich na vanity, na just for show off and na people go chop the money later.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by folake4u(f): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2022
apolonius:

While the traditional professions have rigid licensing processes in every country to test for determination, it is normal. When we went to Nigeria for the law school, even professors of law and accomplished lawyers from the US, UK, Canada et al, had to do Bar 1 with us. They did and some are accomplished politicians and lawyers in Nigeria today.

I know 2 SANs who did their accreditation and bar exams, and are now doing Articling in Toronto. It’s normal.

Yes, doctors like lawyers and all do same too. You either want it enough to soldier through or you stay in your comfort zone. If you push through, the rewards are huge. I have many lawyer colleagues making over $130k and some are immigration panel members (judges) within 2-3 years. I know 2 very close Nigerian professors of law in Canadian universities , they came in as students, who make over $300k.

Canada is today’s heaven. Lazy and unfocused people will promote harsh relativism as the general experience. But it’s crap!

If you come to Canada legally and have your PR, you can settle in 1-2 years and do great. Of course, lawyers and doctors may face a slower transition, but it’s worth it.

Hello. Interesting writeup.

So basically, you're saying that just the same way you did Bar 1& Bar 2 over here in Nigeria, you'd start all over before practising in Canada?

How feasible is Law Practice in Canada, particularly on Health law, Tech Law and Intellectual Property Law.

I'd be anticipating your reply. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ednut1(m): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2022
MT:

I do not care where u live. You are just NOT making any sense.

Show a proof where PR comes with 10 year visiting visa. Olodo, you be!.

Bankers abroad are not that rewarding except you are investment banker. If it true you live in Canada, that is disgraceful.

Proving senselessly that you can work in the US with a Canadian citizenship. Shame. I have been traveling to all those countries before you sneaked in through the back door. Stop disgracing your ancestors in a public space. Sit this discourse out!

Hopefully the first paragraph of this article clears your ignorance for you.

https://www.visaplace.com/blog-immigration-law/work-canadian-citizen/
I know ya type. Done arguing with you. Canadian banks and American banks have different pay if you must know. With your Canada pr . When you apply for a usa visa its 10 years they give. Everyone knows this. Abi u wan i put my visa online lol. Shameless old man rest

6 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by franchasofficia: 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2022
TruthinAction:
You can mingle with like minds and make yourself happy. Don't they have swimming pools? Relaxation joints.

Start one where Africans living there can come together and mingle.

Are there no churches there you can go and praise God at least twice in a week.

What about TV channels? I am sure they have constant power supply there.

No matter the setbacks, it is far better than Nigeria.
The op is not comparing Canada with Nigeria, you guys are getting the poster wrongly.

The poster is comparing Canada with other developed nations like the US, Australia, etc not Nigeria.

Currently under Buhari and APC, Nigeria is worst than any country in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MT: 9:37pm On Aug 27, 2022
Backpedal:

Not that
I know what NAFTA is

Canadians are the only nationals that can stay six months back to back in the USA

Other countries even Europeans can only stay 90 out of 180 days

I know of someone who used it to enter the USA as a naturalized Canadian

It's just that the name escapes my mind

Canadians can only stay 182 days on US soil within one year

https://www.legalline.ca/legal-answers/how-long-can-a-canadian-remain-in-the-usa/

2 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Arielle: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2022
remsonik:
Hmmm....... This should not be o, planning on relocating there soon
Better you know the truth and prepare yourself. Move there, bear it, get your passport and move over to the US. Personally, I couldn't live in either the US or Canada. I went to Canada as a pre-teen and I never forgot the cold, dark, depressing weather. At least the UK has lovely spring and summer. Autumn is magical. But Canada...hmm. Do it for your kids. They will thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by seunmind44: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2022
wiseone28:
I want touch it
go to shaki in Oyo state, dem dey sell am there
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by franchasofficia: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
ednut1:
thats not what i meant o. Australia is in par with Canada. There are many people who detest usa due to gun violence and open racism. To many Nigerians here Canada is heaven. But if i am a tech bro doing 130k job in Canada and one usa company comes for me offering 200k why wont i go. Hope u get.
Yeah I get you.

But the truth is, Canada is an option for people that are tired of Nigeria and can't get into any other developed country like US legally.

Canada is not built to make people wealthy, it is built for people to live comfortable middleclass and upper middleclass life.

Anybody that wants to become rich or wealthy should delete Canada.

Canada is for average thinking people who just want to break family poverty and give their children a guaranteed future of middle class and upper middleclass lifestle.

2 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Lonepair1: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
ednut1:
https://www.nairaland.com/7300849/464m-trapped-funds-british-airways#116083723 this you Dont ask me questions like this. Shows u are dull,
I ask u question with no hard feeling, U turn am to vawulence

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.