Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada (102264 Views)

Why Immigrants Can Never Be Happy In Their New Country / Leaving Canada.......... Secrets / Reasons Why Immigrants Are Now Leaving Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MT: 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2022
ednut1:
I know ya type. Done arguing with you. Canadian banks and American banks have different pay if you must know. With your Canada pr . When you apply for a usa visa its 10 years they give. Everyone knows this. Abi u wan i put my visa online lol. Shameless old man rest

See idiots changing the narratives.

You first started with Canadians being given preference in the US immigration laws. Then you moved to PR coming with 10 years by default. You then moved to knowing Canadians who work in Amazon in the US without passing through the normal US immigration, same as Africans.

I feel sorry for you. You are even gloating here that you are working as a banker in Canada. Your ignorance has no limit. If you are in supposedly Canada as you claim and you are still sounding this way, your life must have been so pathetic.

When you are in a country, educate yourself with the system and do not come here spilling idiocy, and misleading people.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2022
Tunjibalogun:

So which kind of work do you currently do in Canada with all sincerity.

Well the man had some children and was not able to meet up with bills. I'm sure you're not a consultant. Probably an MO because of you were, you won't let go what you've achieved all these times. But like you wrote, you didn't intend to practice medicine from the start and that is fair enough from your side but the man that came back doesn't want to joke with his practice as everything in life is based on choice. He's enjoying his life, happier and making money too, is that not the objective of all these? What else is then looking for again

I am into tech, cloud computing.

If I wanted to practice, I wouldn’t have come to Canada at all. If I still decide to practice tomorrow, I’ll move to the US. My point is we should understand what works in these countries before moving. Canada has a population of less than 50m, they have fewer med schools, fewer residency spots, fewer spots for international consultants, the licensing exam is more rigorous compared to US and UK. If you do your research and you know this, you won’t come here and be frustrated. I also mentioned someone that did cab for three years, got his citizenship and today he is a Canadian expatriate in Australia. He was born a Nigerian! It still boils down to the fact that most people just want to leave Nigeria and they don’t plan. It’s good he is happy in Nigeria. Sometimes we make mistakes and retrace our steps.

6 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Lonepair1: 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2022
MT:

I do not care where u live. You are just NOT making any sense.

Show a proof where PR comes with 10 year visiting visa. Olodo, you be!.

Bankers abroad are not that rewarding except you are investment banker. If it true you live in Canada, that is disgraceful.

Proving senselessly that you can work in the US with a Canadian citizenship. Shame. I have been traveling to all those countries before you sneaked in through the back door. Stop disgracing your ancestors in a public space. Sit this discourse out!

Hopefully the first paragraph of this article clears your ignorance for you.

https://www.visaplace.com/blog-immigration-law/work-canadian-citizen/
the guy na noise makers for this forum .. always Branding Canada as heaven on earth

9 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by wiseone28: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2022
seunmind44:
go to shaki in Oyo state, dem dey sell am there
Did i say i want to buy snow?

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ak22(m): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2022
IbileIfe:

Singapore, Hong Kong in China or Switzerland.

I recommend Hong Kong, because it is major global financial centre and one of the most developed cities in the world.

Is Singapore safe to stay?
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MT: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2022
Lonepair1:
the guy na noise makers for this forum .. always Branding Canada as heaven on earth

Oh i see.

I guess the biggest achievement in his life is migrating to Canada. I can relate now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by seunmind44: 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
wiseone28:
Did i say i want to buy snow?
when you go there you go sew am now
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by c900: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2022
You see food eat, where to sleep, dat one no reach you? Dem no break your door for night, you dey drive new car, you get free medicine. Wetin you dey look for again? Your children no go ever beg for food again.
Which kind wealth you wan build again? Make I tell you, over rich na vanity, na just for show off and na people go chop the money later.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Arielle: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
They are perpetual migrants looking for what is not lost. There is no gold rush anywhere. From Qatar to EU to Cyprus to Italy to SA to Ghana to Ukraine to US to UK and now to Canada, the japa crew are now officially 'one chance' victims. Some could actually have been better in Nigeria but they never learn. Their ears are blocked.

Some crossed over and their first task was cursing Nigeria and talking down on Nigeria. Those ones are the ones Nigeria, the land where their placenta was buried, cursed back physically and spiritually. Sadly, those ones are irredeemable.

They exaggerated the challenges they faced here and some actually quitted certainty for uncertainty before reality hit them hard , unlike the prodigal son, it became too late for them to turn back and return home because of shame, regret and what those they left behind who had overtaken them in life will say.

Andrew a.ka. Mr Japa, you better repent, start blessing Nigeria so it can reverse its curses on you and come back home to start afresh before you end up in life like a snake that never leaves mark on a rock.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Just because you don't want to leave doesn't mean others must feel the same as you do. Canada is hard, but people are relocating there, willing to go through hardship to give their children a good life. Canadians will tell you: the country is set up for children. Once your kids enter the system, they are set. That is why people leave, not necessarily because they're stupid.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ednut1(m): 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2022
Lonepair1:
I ask u question with no hard feeling, U turn am to vawulence
na u sabi. Shebi i no get sense na

3 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by EngrKemp: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2022
ednut1:
Although the op na my friend i will tackle her.

1. There are people building wealth in cheaper provinces like Alberta or New Brunswick where houses go for 300k to 400k. In Ontario its like 900k to 1.5m for the average house and you suppose drop 5% deposit for mortgage. Married people or common law guys are able to build wealth too due to combined income. Solution is move to a cheaper province, get married or find a partner.
2 . Cost of living- where in the world is not costly. With all the amenities, free resources, and standard of living why should it be cheap There are many people earning 3700 dols a month but staying in apartments costing 2200 dols. Is that not madness. Some are one 2500 a month but their rent is 1800 lol
3 . Boredom and loneliness- Nigerians move to a cold country and refuse to do what whites do in the winter. Whose fault is that Many ladies from Nigeria have unrealistic expectations and are single to stupor. Whose fault is that Lol
4 cold. Get a good winter jacket or knacks partner. Nothing dey there
5. Professional jobs- doctors know this before coming and should have explored uk. A friend passed the medical exams in 18months its doable. Yes there are issues with Canada experience but with constant applications and upgrading ones skills. You will be able to get in. You and i both know many people with only Nigerians experience or degrees balling in big companies

Oya come back home o.

I know people especially tech who moved to usa after getting their Canada citizenship. More money is involved and passport privileges too don set. The Canadian passport opens doors to better countries
Aside the USA,which other countries pay higher than salaries
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by wiseone28: 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
seunmind44:
when you go there you go sew am now
I want the one outside of Afrika

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Toyobabe: 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
Canada is a good country tho

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ednut1(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
MT:

Oh i see.

I guess the biggest achievement in his life is migrating to Canada. I can relate now.
i also lived in the uk for 3 years lol. Canada cant be an achievement to me

4 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Acidosis(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
Connected1:

I am entitled to HMO at where I work but I haven't been to any hospital all my life, sometimes I even get angry and wish they add these money to my salary instead.

I have friends abroad that are complaining seriously, the truth many will not tell you is that crime pays faster and better than legit but it's not good, most guys making it full skin abroad are into one or two forms of crimes.

Exactly. HMO, insurance premium, and stuff like that don't entice the average Nigerian hustler.

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Charx122: 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2022
[quote author=whizqueen post=116118891][/quote]
It seems you just feel like writing what you are not aware of, Your country Nigeria it's not helping matters has ASU called of the strike?
The Dollar is hiking every second, no food, good water jobs or power supply, Mark this day, your government will continue to suck Nigeria dry both present and future is not a course.

Wake up!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Fujiyama: 9:54pm On Aug 27, 2022
amaridigital:

The moral lesson to be learned from your message is that it is spiritually bad to curse a country where your placenta was buried. It will hunt you and your unborn generations.
Stop issuing curses on your country of birth. Only Nigerians derive happiness in doing this even more than citizens of countries with worse situations than us. Haba, Zimbabwe was one of the fastest growing economies in the 90's. Their passport was visa free to EU, Canada, UK and New Zealand. Today the country is a shadow of itself but you will hardly find their citizens cursing their nation.

^^^
grin

You haven't asked the most important question: Why?

Why are Nigerians 'happy' to issue curses on their country of birth? Why?

Leave the homilies on hexes and placenta burial and whatnot. Seek instead answers to the question: WHY?
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Tunjibalogun: 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
Yureyes:

I am into tech, cloud computing.

If I wanted to practice, I wouldn’t have come to Canada at all. If I still decide to practice tomorrow, I’ll move to the US. My point is we should understand what works in these countries before moving. Canada has a population of less than 50m, they have fewer med schools, fewer residency spots, fewer spots for international consultants, the licensing exam is more rigorous compared to US and UK. If you do your research and you know this, you won’t come here and be frustrated. I also mentioned someone that did cab for three years, got his citizenship and today he is a Canadian expatriate in Australia. He was born a Nigerian! It still boils down to the fact that most people just want to leave Nigeria and they don’t plan. It’s good he is happy in Nigeria. Sometimes we make mistakes and retrace our steps.
Good one my guy. I'm a medical practitioner just like you. I'm happy you're enjoying what you're doing over there. Keep up the good work and enjoy your stay in Canada. A cousin of mine and his wife (both doctors) are also in Canada doing their best.
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by betshopagent(m): 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
Canada no good but you went there.Canada bad, ....but you brought your Junior sister to join you.Is this not WITCHCRAFT in broad-day-light? shocked .make una dey fear God oh

10 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by MT: 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
ednut1:
like i said I know this people personally. With Canada pr you would be given 10 years visiting for usa. Literally no chance of the visa being rejected lol.Can you get that if you are in Nigeria My Canada pr has given me uk visa and usa visa without any effort. I did not even use invitation letter . I stated there i was just going to your.

Now that you are acting as if you own the whole world with Canadian PR, what should the US Green Card Holders do, who DOES NOT need a visa to enter Canada. Afterall, your PR should be equivalent to the Green Card in the US, only that the latter enjoys more privileges.

In my Yoruba language we call people like you - "Omo oju ori ola ri" translating to "He who has never witnessed wealth before".

From what you wrote, your type always refer to other people as success, always knowing "them" personally and you are never a success. Your life never translate to one. How can you with such an uncouth behaviour?.

When you travel down to Nigeria, it is your type your family will circle round and you will be bashing them with cock and bull stories. Shake my head for you again!, I simply pity those that choose you as friends.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by betshopagent(m): 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2022
betshopagent:
Canada no good but you went there.Canada bad, ....but you brought your Junior sister to join you.Is this not WITCHCRAFT in broad-day-light? shocked .make una dey fear God oh
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by rickleye: 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2022
Beremx:
That won’t stop me from relocating to Canada my dream country. All I need now is sponsorship to move.

Nonsense Nigeria

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by seunmind44: 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2022
wiseone28:
I want the one outside of Afrika
na imported snows now. Them dey import am come Nigeria dey sell to people wey need am to build houses
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Belleful: 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2022
@op, Nepa dey seized light for Canada?

1 Like

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by odinga1of: 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2022
MT:

See idiots changing the narratives.

You first started with Canadians being given preference in the US immigration laws. Then you moved to PR coming with 10 years by default. You then moved to knowing Canadians who work in Amazon in the US without passing through the normal US immigration, same as Africans.

I feel sorry for you. You are even gloating here that you are working as a banker in Canada. Your ignorance has no limit. If you are in supposedly Canada as you claim and you are still sounding this way, your life must have been so pathetic.

When you are in a country, educate yourself with the system and do not come here spilling idiocy, and misleading people.

Guy you are bitter n terrible. Why calling someone Olodo and other names? Bring your point and argue maturely

6 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by TK9680: 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2022
You can easily make a living in Canada. I live both in Canada and Nigeria.
My son is been paid 500cad monthly plus full discounted fees by government to attend University.
Let me break it down. They discount the fees, lend it to him and then pay a grant (not lending) for his living expenses.
. As long as you are moderate, there is no issue. Do your courses, get into the system and its easy pissy.
You don't have to live in Toronto or BC. You are not trying to impress anyone, everyone is relatively ok, I can tell you that's the Africans no 1 problem. No one to oppress. I speak to my friends everyday here, Yoruba, Igbo, South South, all wonderful people doing well. I just finished watching Arsenal match with my friends.
Issue of marriage, this is a world wide thing, not only Canada. Its getting incredibly difficult getting a life partner ANYWHERE.
Always tension in Niger. I live the choice to you. Good luck to everyone

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Ndipe(m): 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2022
There is just no perfect place on earth. However, if we had good leaders at the helm of government and life was easier (like it was in the 70's) I would move back home cos there is just no place like home.

2 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Tunjibalogun: 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2022
whizqueen:

Stop comparing Nigeria with Canada. Compare Canada to other first world countries like Australia, UK, etc. compare Nigeria to India, other African countries, third-world countries too.

It’s like comparing sleep with death… undecided
So you're dead for being a black Nigerian on Canada? Is the racism that bad?
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2022
Beremx:
That won’t stop me from relocating to Canada my dream country. All I need now is sponsorship to move.

Nonsense Nigeria

I fit sponsor u grin
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by 2Radii: 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2022
Revolution2022:
Why CNN ,BBC, Al-Jazeera and other European media no broadcast am,na YouTube?Getat
dont be fooled by cnn and co. Those guys would never give u the full reportage about the west, they are only good about showing the slums in Africa to the world as if there is no slum in london
Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by ednut1(m): 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2022
MT:

Now that you are acting as if you own the whole world with Canadian PR, what should the US Green Card Holders do, who DOES NOT need a visa to enter Canada. Afterall, your PR should be equivalent to the Green Card in the US, only that the latter enjoys more privileges.

In my Yoruba language we call people like you - "Omo oju ori ola ri" translating to "He who has never witnessed wealth before".

From what you wrote, your type always refer to other people as success, always knowing "them" personally and you are never a success. Your life never translate to one. How can you with such an uncouth behaviour?.

When you travel down to Nigeria, it is your type your family will circle round and you will be bashing them with cock and bull stories. Shake my head for you again!, I simply pity those that choose you as friends.
its not good to come online to brag cos it attracts many thing like jealousy, begging in pm etc.I was born into a comfortable family . My parents don’t depend on me as they are self sustaining. I have talked about my self before on other threads. I am living my best life in Canada earning over 6 figures there. I’m done engaging you lol. You can rest now lol

7 Likes

Re: Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada by Mitsurugi(m): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2022
wiseone28:
When will i also see snow

No kill me this night na, abeg grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.