Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? (7565 Views)

Pregnancy Before Marriage: Share Your Views / Pregnancy Before Marriage: Why Are Most Men Particular About It? / Sex & Pregnancy Before Marriage Will Cause U To Marry Another Person Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by oohunt: 8:16am On Aug 09, 2011
I think pregnancy before marriage is wrong. It's true that it's very common now but that does not make it right. If we tell ourselves the truth, we'll know that there's a reason for that. The men will rather not get married until they are sure the woman can conceive. They often forget that
 - no two pregnancies are the same (are u sure the woman can conceive again?, what if the current pregnancy does not stay)
 - Infertility can as well come from the man (all the waka waka bring STDs and with STDs comes complications which u               will not even know has happened) someone should check the current statistics of male infertility in Nigeria.

It is unfortunate that men place this condition on women. Most of them in their past I'm sure have gotten their girlfriend(s) pregnant, went through an abortion with her, and then dumped her. They will later start the search again for women that are fertile. God is watching you!

Our girls should wise up and not let them take you for a ride that would jeopardize your future.

As a couple, if you really love each other, you can both (man and woman) agree on going for fertility tests, before or after marriage, if it's an issue.

UPDATE: such guys will definitely not say to the lady "you have to take in before we wed". What he says and does will show he waiting for something to happen before going ahead with the marital arrangements.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2011
@mynd, u said we marry cos we love our woman and someone answered that dis logic would have been best had d question been 'would u still marry her if u knew she was infertile'?dat response was perfect. @op, i think it's wrong religiously.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by firestar(f): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2011
Seems to me someone's conducting a survey. Let's see how far views go.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Agbenyiess(m): 9:27am On Aug 09, 2011
I wonda y  will one want to get pregnant b4 marriage (in the Name of fertility or whatever), I am an advocate of total abstinence. The primary aim of marriage is intimacy, children should only come as a result. If you marry for sex, children (or do it b4 marriage)etc, when u are done with all of that, u will begin to hate the relationship, but if the aim is love and intimacy, then u can cross all berries and conquer all frontiers together. If my gal demand sex as a prove of love, i will forget the relationship (i am married kid tho, and we abstained). I encourage women to avoid this type of idea, becos they will be the worst hit when it backfire, especially emotionally, but every man is still subject to his opinion and belief and will pay the price according,  FEAR GOD!
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by pinkrex(m): 9:29am On Aug 09, 2011
Whats the theme of this post?
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by tEsLim(m): 9:38am On Aug 09, 2011
Imagine having a girlfriend for 2years and you guys have been shaggin and she never took in lol. Who is shooting blanks? Or who's womb is blank?

Will be nice to know we can have kids before marriage simple! Btw I'm a non-religious person so I live my life the way I want regardless of religious or traditional views its as it suits me.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by superior1: 9:44am On Aug 09, 2011
Why put the cart before the horse?.
If a guy tells you to get pregnant before he marries you, he is simply telling you your worth.

'Omo ni mo gba mio gba ya'  meaning 'na pikin i take, i no collect him mama' was very popular when i was growing up reason being some silly girls get pregnant for a randy guy in the name of love and promises of marriage.

Ni ipari, get married, get pregnant and get children.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by BABE3: 9:46am On Aug 09, 2011
The fact that I'm a "product" of 'pregnancy before marraige', makes this question/topic really really awkward.  grin

However, I believe it's wrong---(Christianity-wise).
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by afrobaby(f): 10:02am On Aug 09, 2011
I will be getting married in less than two weeks, hence I can categorically talk on this issue. My mother-in-law and my mohter would prefer me getting pregnant before wedding, I guess maybe to know if my husband and I are compatible, but my husband says he doesn't want that. REason: I quote: "I don't want people to think am marrying you because you are pregnant for me, am marrying you because I love you, not because you are oregnant and am kind of forced to marry you. Children are the fruits of marriage, not before marriage", he wants it that way.
Personally, I am not against it totally, once our introduction is being done and their is every certainty that we are getting married in less than 4 months, then I can.
What am personally against is, telling someone to get pregnant before marriage just to confirm if she is fertile. My point, I know a particular couple(now divorced) that got married because the lady got pregnant, though they've been dating for years, the pregnancy was more than 2 months when they gpt pregnant, and lo and behold, after wedding, she had a miscarriage,. Long after that, she got pregnant again, gave birth to twins, one died immediately after borth while the other died after barely 6 months,
The truth, getting pregnant before wedding shouldn't be for any reason, cos obviously dia is nothing to prove from it, if you are regnant before wedding, fine, outside or inside wedlock, children are still blessing from God.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by agog: 10:14am On Aug 09, 2011
For christians, sex which can lead to pregnancy before marriage is a misdemeanor. But if it happens as often the case is, God forgives and life goes on. The couple if they eventually marry each other enjoy God's blessing, but abortion is what God hates.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by ashiri1: 10:15am On Aug 09, 2011
BABE!:

The fact that I'm a "product" of 'pregnancy before marraige', makes this question/topic really really awkward.  grin

However, I believe it's wrong---(Christianity-wise).

[b]^^very valid point in bold!!^^
YOU CAN PHUCK AS MUCHAS U CAN BUT DONT LET DA GOAL GET IN[/b
] cheesy cheesy grin
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by kpolli(m): 10:25am On Aug 09, 2011
All these topics sha
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Soludo04: 10:30am On Aug 09, 2011
Going by religious doctrines of islam and Christianity, i think it is bad but the situation here in Nigeria necessitates its application.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by rhamzus(m): 10:34am On Aug 09, 2011
pregnancy b4 marriage does nt mean sex b4 marriage. u can get a surrogate mum to carry your child which was conceived thru artificial insemination.
i happen to grow up in mushin where i see kids ( 12 - 16 yrs) getting pregnant 4 adults, dt was a worrisome society, i had to gt out of there b4 i gt infected by d social ill.
But wat is surprising is guys saying dt they r getting married becos they want to have babies, wat if aftr yrs of marriage child do nt come?
children shld b no reason to gt married, if need one, adopt or gt a surrogate mum.

FINITO
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Amjustme: 10:37am On Aug 09, 2011
GOD's view on this is mine, No sex before marriage, it is a sin before HIM.
Disadvantage: of course its sin first but secondly, there would hardly be room for trust after marriage.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Spyker: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2011
Experience is the best teacher.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by tollu: 11:10am On Aug 09, 2011
This kind of topic can only come up because a lot of us see children as the reason for marriage and that's why we hear cases of people advising women to just concentrate on their kids whenever marriages are having issues.
I have always said it out loud that my future kids come after my husband because he is my chosen companion.

Once we can see that the reason one should get married is to have another human to love, hold and cherish then all this pregnancy before marriage nonsense would stop.
if all you are after is kids, why not go adopt a whole orphanage?
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by peelovee(f): 11:18am On Aug 09, 2011
tollu:

This kind of topic can only come up because a lot of us see children as the reason for marriage and that's why we hear cases of people advising women to just concentrate on their kids whenever marriages are having issues.
I have always said it out loud that my future kids come after my husband because he is my chosen companion.

Once we can see that the reason one should get married is to have another human to love, hold and cherish then all this pregnancy before marriage nonsense would stop.
if all you are after is kids, why not go adopt a whole orphanage?

Word!
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Tonyfrom: 11:22am On Aug 09, 2011
Pregnancy before marriage LIKE GETTINGKNOWING YOUR SCORE BEFORE WRITTING THE EXAM grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
9IJA GUYZ WE LIKE SHORT CUTZ
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by ZE: 11:33am On Aug 09, 2011
a guy i know closely  met a woman. during their courtship the woman insisted no sex b4 marriage

she was going to church every morning and evening, pretending holy holy holy.

the guy took her by her word  and decided to respect her principles. they went ahead with their marriage plans

after the multi million wedding the guy started noticing funny things in the house.

to cut a long story short:  upon close observation and detailed medical examination it was discovered that the woman had lost her fallopian tubes  when she was playing ojoro in the university.

personally i fell marriage before pregnancy is the best(traditionally, morally etc)
at the same time i believe the principal reason GOD constituted marriage is for PROCREATION. except we fail to tell ourselves the truth and refuse to acknowledge the truth when others tell us.

with what is happening in nigeria today, it is very difficult to trust any woman who is not a confirmed virgin.
QED
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by konkocious(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2011
there is a case lik dis in my church, the cuoole get married 9years ago but until now no child.
according to d story i heard b4 they get married. d man want pregancy b4 d wedding bc he say he doesnt beleive in church anymore dat they go to registry. but bc d wife is twins and they want to get married dsame day she refuse.
now presure is not coming from her inlaw to d extent that she will b send packing, then she now voiced out dat her husband has low sperm count. d same similar ting also affected one of my big sister 4  d past 11yrs now she is fruitless n they cant even seperate bc they make some special vow not to leave each other there wedding is infact one of d best i v witnesed but all her youuger sister dat got pregnant n did low key wedding r boasting of kids now.
let leave religion sentiment aside do wat u tink will keep ur relationshoip save bc no one will ask u how far but how well
ve each other but all her younger sister dat got pregnant n did low key wedding r boasting of kids now.
let leave religion sentiment aside do wat u tink will keep ur relationshoip save bc no one will ask u how far but how well
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by usmanjaji(m): 11:45am On Aug 09, 2011
l
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by oohunt: 11:51am On Aug 09, 2011
ZE:

a guy i know closely  met a woman. during their courtship the woman insisted no sex b4 marriage

she was going to church every morning and evening, pretending holy holy holy.

the guy took her by her word  and decided to respect her principles. they went ahead with their marriage plans

after the multi million wedding the guy started noticing funny things in the house.

to cut a long story short:  upon close observation and detailed medical examination it was discovered that the woman had lost her fallopian tubes  when she was playing ojoro in the university.

personally i fell marriage before pregnancy is the best(traditionally, morally etc)
at the same time i believe the principal reason GOD constituted marriage is for PROCREATION. except we fail to tell ourselves the truth and refuse to acknowledge the truth when others tell us.

with what is happening in nigeria today, it is very difficult to trust any woman who is not a confirmed virgin.
QED

This is classical example of where I think divorce should come in according to what Jesus said in the Bible. He said one should divorce if the partner commits fornication!!! (note: not adultery). It is quite glaring in this case that the fornication has bought great implications which the husband did not know about before the marriage.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Mynd44: 11:56am On Aug 09, 2011
ashiri1:

[b]^^very valid point in bold!!^^
YOU CAN PHUCK AS MUCHAS U CAN BUT DONT LET DA GOAL GET IN[/b
] cheesy cheesy grin

This is a serious question.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by xynerise: 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2011
Good one poster but the issue is that best way to correct pregnancy before marriage is to marry who u impregnated legally. grin
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by tollu: 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2011
ZE:

If you had said God created sex for making babies I might have agreed with you. Marriage was not constituted by God for the sake of babies. Going by the Bible, God saw that Adam was lonely so he created Eve to keep him company. Shikena
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by ZE: 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2011
tollu:

If you had said God created sex for making babies I might have agreed with you. Marriage was not constituted by God for the sake of babies. Going by the Bible, God saw that Adam was lonely so he created Eve to keep him company. Shikena

your Bible reference is handicapped(not complete)

remember God told Adam and Eve ''to go and increase and multiply and fill the earth''

God's reason for sending Eve to Adam is very clear to understand(even to a kindergarten).

even your girl friend/boy friend is a enough company if that is all you want in life.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by tollu: 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2011
ZE:

your Bible reference is handicapped(not complete)

remember God told Adam and Eve ''to go and increase and multiply and fill the earth''

God's reason for sending Eve to Adam is very clear to understand(even to a kindergarten).

even your girl friend/boy friend is a enough company if that is all you want in life.

The multiplying came after. The primary reason Eve was created is because Adam was lonely and God gave him a helpmeet.

Concerning the boyfriend/girlfriend, partners, live-in lovers part, anybody can give whatever labels they like to companionship, dat one nor consain me.
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Trecixnine(m): 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2011
mmmmm
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by omodada1: 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2011
lets get tins right pls, is it wrong socially or by the religion we claim?
i no of a friend whose sister did marriage and just less than 6months gave birth, its no big deal but she attends onof this so called 'spirikoko' churches where such act is not permitted. even self, the husband is from d same church. so how true are we to God. wot we do especially in terms of sexual life is always known to ourself alone. am also guilty but i just seek the mercy of God upon me, but we shall confess the truth wen we get to heaven, Lord forgive me oo sad sad sad
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by pelezico: 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2011
Maybe we should ask the children rioting on London's streets - anyone up for it
Re: What Are Your Views On Pregnancy Before Marriage? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2011
xynerise:

Good one poster but the issue is that best way to correct pregnancy before marriage is to marry who u impregnated legally. grin
Tell that to TU FACE!!! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Let Your Girl Talk To Another Guy About Her Problems / This Video Of Breast Under A Microscope Will Blow Your Mind / Why Do Most Ladies Not Find Interest In Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.