Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? (6810 Views)

Muslims Have Been Running Away From Answering This Question / Is Our Sperms An Evil Spirits? / Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by LegalWolf: 8:35am On Oct 14, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

It proves that allah is a creation of mohammed. It is the devil in his mind making up lies and fallacies. It proves that the quran is not totally mohammed's words. Majority of the things written in the hadith are mohammed's teachings but the quran is majorly an Abbasid caliphate's invention.
Surah 1-2 In the Name of Allah—the Most Compassionate, Most Merciful. All praise is for Allah—Lord of all worlds

Surah 4-7 Master of the Day of Judgment. You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help. Guide us along the Straight Path. The Path of those You have blessed—not those You are displeased with, or those who are astray.

The above is allah actually talking. These are the opening verses of the noble quran that has no mistakes. Here allah is proving that he worships a God. allah needs guidance and he needs help too. These are allah's own words. allah should be in a position to explain his truth to muslims and not muslims correcting allah's wordings. They want to teach you what allah meant when None of us were there 1400 years ago when allah spoke the words.

What’s the authority for what you are saying? Are you implying that Hadith precedes Quran?(being an Abbasid invention)
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by Sixfiguresmart(m): 9:28am On Oct 14, 2022
Show me a quranic text than preceded the Abbasid Caliphate. Every damn documented writer of the quran is from the Abbassid Caliphate. You cannot go beyond than. Show me proof and I will bring my receipts. I am authoritatively telling you this and you can ask any scholar to bring any documented proof with its writer that preceded the Abbasid caliphate. I challenge the entire Islamic ulamas.

You do not know that much, Sir. I got your mojo.

Let me teach you your profession for a minute. As a lawyer, let me present this case to you:
1. I claim that I know the entire content of THE company's policy.
2. I gathered fragmented notes from the board of directors to write the company's policy.

As a lawyer, the line of your interrogation should be:
a. Do you believe in your retentive memory?
b. Can you recollect XYZ incident that happened 2 months/days ago?
C. Are you currently under the influence of any drugs or alcohol?
d. Do you know the entire content of the company's policy?
e. How long does it take you to recite the company's policy?
and when last did you recite the entire content of THE company's policy after the death of the manager?
f. When last did you recite the entire content of THE company's policy after the death of the manager?
g. Do you have any writing skills?
h. If you knew the entire content of the company's policy, why did you need to gather the fragments of notes from the board of directors?
i. Why did it take you that long to write the notes down?

Now, the above is how you solve a case and nail a culprit.
Muslims claim to have recited the quran but uthman had to gather fragments of the quran from different countries to write the quran. So, what have they been reciting?

It took half the lifetime of mohammed to record it. Mohammed received revelation for 23 years, and it took almost 30 years for you to write down these revelations.
Yeah, right! You surely received your own revelations.

How is it that the Hadith contains more of Mohammed's teachings that the quran?
LegalWolf:

What’s the authority for what you are saying? Are you implying that Hadith precedes Quran?(being an Abbasid invention)
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by LegalWolf: 9:44am On Oct 14, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Show me a quranic text than preceded the Abbasid Caliphate. Every damn documented writer of the quran is from the Abbassid Caliphate. You cannot go beyond than. Show me proof and I will bring my receipts. I am authoritatively telling you this and you can ask any scholar to bring any documented proof with its writer that preceded the Abbasid caliphate. I challenge the entire Islamic ulamas.

You do not know that much, Sir. I got your mojo.

Let me teach you your profession for a minute. As a lawyer, let me present this case to you:
1. I claim that I know the entire content of THE company's policy.
2. I gathered fragmented notes from the board of directors to write the company's policy.

As a lawyer, the line of your interrogation should be:
a. Do you believe in your retentive memory?
b. Can you recollect XYZ incident that happened 2 months/days ago?
C. Are you currently under the influence of any drugs or alcohol?
d. Do you know the entire content of the company's policy?
e. How long does it take you to recite the company's policy?
and when last did you recite the entire content of THE company's policy after the death of the manager?
f. When last did you recite the entire content of THE company's policy after the death of the manager?
g. Do you have any writing skills?
h. If you knew the entire content of the company's policy, why did you need to gather the fragments of notes from the board of directors?
i. Why did it take you that long to write the notes down?

Now, the above is how you solve a case and nail a culprit.
Muslims claim to have recited the quran but uthman had to gather fragments of the quran from different countries to write the quran. So, what have they been reciting?

It took half the lifetime of mohammed to record it. Mohammed received revelation for 23 years, and it took almost 30 years for you to write down these revelations.
Yeah, right! You surely received your own revelations.

How is it that the Hadith contains more of Mohammed's teachings that the quran?

Lol, this is how you turn logic on its head. You want to teach me “law” but you don’t know that an elementary principle of law is that he who asserts must prove.

- You were the one who claimed the early compilation of the Quran was during Abbasid period. That is your allegation not mine you expect me to go all the way to bring evidence to disprove what you claim. Does that sound logical to you?

- Surprisingly, or it will appear to me, that you insinuated that Uthman did the compilation of the Quran. That is what I gather from what you wrote. Now the question is - was Uthman an Abbasid Caliph?

- Finally, I have even engaged you when clearly you’ve lied in the past without showing proof. Please show proof of the At- Tabarani being contemporary of the Prophet, and answer my questions above before proceeding further.
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by Sixfiguresmart(m): 2:48pm On Oct 14, 2022
Sir, I will never allow your type represent my towel in court let alone my dog. From the base of your interrogation, your cognitive strength is embarrassingly low-graded. I just taught you how to handle an interrogative conversation. Where did you get your law degree?
LegalWolf:

Lol, this is how you turn logic on its head. You want to teach me “law” but you don’t know that an elementary principle of law is that he who asserts must prove.

- You were the one who claimed the early compilation of the Quran was during Abbasid period. That is your allegation not mine you expect me to go all the way to bring evidence to disprove what you claim. Does that sound logical to you?

- Surprisingly, or it will appear to me, that you insinuated that Uthman did the compilation of the Quran. That is what I gather from what you wrote. Now the question is - was Uthman an Abbasid Caliph?

- Finally, I have even engaged you when clearly you’ve lied in the past without showing proof. Please show proof of the At- Tabarani being contemporary of the Prophet, and answer my questions above before proceeding further.

Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by LegalWolf: 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Sir, I will never allow your type represent my towel in court let alone my dog. From the base of your interrogation, your cognitive strength is embarrassingly low-graded. I just taught you how to handle an interrogative conversation. Where did you get your law degree?

Lol. As if you can afford my bills. My questions still remain unanswered please… Like I’ve said before, you’ve lied countlessly and no one should take you seriously.

Patiently waiting for TenQ. While I noticed his penchant for completely avoiding any question that has to do with authorship of the bible, biblical inspiration or issues of that sort, he as (at least in recent time) shown inclination to debating the meaning of the name “Yahyha”.

To me, that conversation must be finished to the very end with him. And if he wants to debate other topics concerning Islam, he should be open to debatinf issues on Christianity/Bible/Yhwh too. With you, bring evidence that Tabarani or Al-Haythami (any of ur choice) was a contemporary of the prophet. Only, but only, then would we will have serious and proper conversation.
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by TenQ: 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
LegalWolf:
TenQ
Despite my busy schedule, I am still expecting you point me out to which of the questions you asked in your previous post that I missed. Like I’ve told your ally, with me, all questions are covered on the condition that you stick to the rules of the game. And it’s a quid pro quo thing.

In case you do not have any question, can we now proceed to the (false) authorship of the Bible?
I will present just two of at least five you've refused to answer: the references to them from my previous posts on NL got me a ban. Here is an abridged version

1. Did I not ask you several times to to translate the TWO Arabic scripts below
Composition102:
إِنَّ جبريل وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ ۚ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا

Why did you dodge translating a simple Arabic script?

إِنَّ عيسى وَمَلَـٰۤىِٕكَتَهُۥ یُصَلُّونَ عَلَى ٱلنَّبِیِّۚ یَـٰۤأَیُّهَا ٱلَّذِینَ ءَامَنُوا۟ صَلُّوا۟ عَلَیۡهِ وَسَلِّمُوا۟ تَسۡلِیمًا ۝٥

2. Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage?
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by LegalWolf: 10:45pm On Oct 14, 2022
TenQ:

I will present just two of at least five you've refused to answer: the references to them from my previous posts on NL got me a ban. Here is an abridged version

Composition102:
إِنَّ جبريل وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ ۚ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا

إِنَّ عيسى وَمَلَـٰۤىِٕكَتَهُۥ یُصَلُّونَ عَلَى ٱلنَّبِیِّۚ یَـٰۤأَیُّهَا ٱلَّذِینَ ءَامَنُوا۟ صَلُّوا۟ عَلَیۡهِ وَسَلِّمُوا۟ تَسۡلِیمًا ۝٥

Just a few question so I get full clarity and expectations are not at cross purpose:

1. Is this a debate or an inquisition?

2. I suppose this is a debate to which questions will be asked by both parties and answers/explanations proffered equally. Is my assumption correct?

3. Should this be an inquisition (but slightly different from the Spanish one) where just one party would do all the asking without a corresponding right to ask, could you give me one reason why I have to participate in that. Just one?

4. You jumped on my conversation with sixfiguresmart where certain rules were established. One of those rules is that point should be thoroughly discussed and mentions limited to one.

5. If I recall clearly, and prior to your assumed ban, what the conversation hovered around was the meaning of the name “Yahya”. Am I correct?

6. All you’ve done (which was never in dispute) is to link Yahya to a prophet. I gave you a literal Arabic translation of the name and you’ve not given me any logical explanation impeaching that. Or have you?

So one issue at a time. Are you in a hurry?
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by TenQ: 11:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
LegalWolf:

Your attempt to clutch to straws is 'disconcerning' as sixfiguresmart used the word. Dribbling round the issue would not save you as I have made the point abundantly clear and trying to dodge the burden of proof is futile as it squarely lies on. Now let me recap the point so you can catch the drift (not that I am just doing it):

- You claim that Yahya means the 'yhwh is gracious' being an arabic rendition of the Hebrew name Yohana.

- I dispute that saying yhyh is an arabic name meaning 'He lives on'

- I cited with proof that even the Arabic bible renders John as Yuhana and not 'Yahya'

- In response, you claim quite correctly that Arabic bible refers to jesus as 'Yasu' but you have failed to tell us that Yasu is practically meaningless in Arabic

- Again, you have failed to show that Yahya does not have any meaning in Arabic given that is direct rendition of an Hebrew name . This is the central point of our argument. Or let me put it differently, it is only when you show that Yahya has no meaning in Arabic being that it is a borrowed Hebrew name would you have a point .

- Just to digress a bit, can you tell me the literal meaning of 'Yasu' in arabic?

To put in better context because it appears the point flew over your head in the previous post. My contention is when a name is borrowed into another language, that name has no meaning in the new language. Lets use the example of John. We both agree that the name John in English is ultimately traceable to Yohanna. But it is meaningless in English. Same thing with Yehoshua traceable to Hebrew but the name 'Jesus' is meaningless in English. So why would Yahya's own be different which has a literal meaning in Arabic? This is the ultimate crux you have to demonstrate not the backward shifting goal post you are trying to do above.

-
After a detailed analysis that deflated your response, I was kind enough to give you a summary so that you could respond to them, but as usual, you went at tangent AVOIDING everything for a different thing entirely.
Here again are the Questions I posted in summary

Summary:
1. Find any other person named Yahya by the Jews?
2. Show that no other person has the same name as what John was called by the Jews and Christians?
3. You will need to show that, the name of John in Hebrew would be Yahya (Arabic tongue) and not Yohanan (Hebrew tongue)?
4. Show why Yahya is the ONLY mis-transmitted name in the Qur'an?
5. Would you agree to the fact that other Jews were called the same name John the Baptist was called?

You can see how easily ALL your rebuttals were deflated!
Over to you please!

NOW, LET ME DEAL WITH YOUR ILLOGICALITIES
1. I am not surprised that Allah can speak only one language (Arabic), that was why he seemingly gave an Arabic name that is meaningless to the Hebrew Parents 630 years before Islam came through Mohammed.
I am surprised that a lawyer can go so below average level of intelligence to claim that the son of Zachariah's name was Yahya (Arabic).SMH!

2. We know that the English name of the Son of Zachariah was John. The Etymology of John is traced below
John (/dʒɒn/; JON) is a common male given name in the English language of Semitic origin. The name is the English form of Iohannes and Ioannes, which are the Latin forms of the Greek name Ioannis (Ιωάννης), originally borne by Hellenized Jews transliterating the Hebrew name Yochanan (יוֹחָנָן‎), the contracted form of the longer name Yehochanan (יְהוֹחָנָן‎), meaning "Yahweh is Gracious" or "Yahweh is Merciful". There are numerous forms of the name in different languages; these were formerly often simply translated as "John" in English, but are increasingly left in their native forms (see sidebar).[2]
The name John is a theophoric name originating from the Hebrew name יוֹחָנָן‎ (Yôḥānān), or in its longer form יְהוֹחָנָן‎ (Yəhôḥānān), meaning "Yahweh has been gracious".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_(given_name)

3. Several Islamic Sources Attest to the fact that the Son of Zachariah was JOHN which was derived from the Hebrew Etymologically

Islamic Sources:
1. Short Answer: John the Baptist is known as Yahya, a prophet of Islam. He was born miraculously to two elderly parents, and his father was Prophet Zechariah, the uncle and protector of Mary, the mother of Jesus.

https://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-about-islam/john-baptist-islam/

2. Amongst the 25 Prophets mentioned by God in the Quran, one name is Prophet John (peace be upon him). In Arabic, his name is Yahya. He is also a Prophet who figures prominently in Christianity, where he is known as John the Baptist. His story in the Christian tradition is described in Bible Luke 1:5-22.
https://www.soundvision.com/article/john-the-baptist-a-prophet-of-islam

3. “The testimony of John the Baptist is as follows; He confessed – he did not deny but confessed – “I am not the Christ!” So they asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not!” “Are you that Prophet?” He answered, “No!”…” (John 1:20-21)
The prophet John (Yahya) is asked three questions and his answers to all of the three questions are negative:
https://questionsonislam.com/article/testimony-yahya-john

4. Prophet John or Yahya is also honored as a prophet in Islam as Yaḥyā ibn Zakarīyā (Arabic: يحيى بن زكريا‎), or "John, son of Zechariah". He is believed by Muslims to have been a witness to the word of God, and a prophet who would herald the coming of Jesus. His father Zechariah was also an Islamic prophet. Islamic tradition maintains that John was one of the prophets whom Muhammad met on the night of the Mi'raj, his ascension through the Seven Heavens.

https://www.kobo.com/ww/en/ebook/the-great-story-of-prophet-zakariya-zachariah-prophet-yahya-john-the-baptist-in-islam-1

5. The Ethos Of Prophet John (Yahya)
Prophet John was born 5585 years after the Fall of Adam. He is the son of Prophet Zachariah. His mother is Eisha, the daughter of Imran and sister of Virgin Mary. Her mother gave birth to him while she was six months pregnant. Prophet John is one of the greatest of Bani-Israel Prophets as the Quran says:
"Peace be on him on the day he was born and on the day he dies, and on the day he is raised to life." (19:15)

https://www.al-islam.org/ethics-prophets-mohammad-mehdi-taj-langaroodi/24-ethos-prophet-john-yahya

6. Prophet Yahya (John)
John's Childhood
John (pbuh) was born a stranger to the world of
children who used to amuse themselves, as he was serious all the time.
Most children took delight in torturing animals whereas, he was
merciful to them.
https://www.islambasics.com/chapter/prophet-yahya-john

7. Amongst the 25 Prophets mentioned by God in the Quran, one name is Prophet John (peace be upon him). In Arabic, his name is Yahya. He is also a Prophet who figures prominently in Christianity, where he is known as John the Baptist. His story in the Christian tradition is described in Luke 1:5-22.

https://www.islamicity.org/3868/john-the-baptist-a-prophet-of-islam/

Secular Sources:
1. Yaḥyā ibn Zakarīyā (Arabic: يحيى ابن زكريا, literally Yahya/John, son of Zechariah), identified in English as John the Baptist, is considered in Islam a prophet and messenger of God (Allah) who was sent to guide the Children of Israel. He is believed by Muslims to have been a witness to the word of God who would herald the coming of Isa Al-Masih (Jesus Christ).[1][2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_the_Baptist_in_Islam

2. Prophet Yahya (John the Baptist) is considered to be a bridge between Islam and Christianity. Both traditions emphasise that he is a ‘rightly-guided’ figure and among the company of ‘the righteous’ such as Abraham and Moses. The story of Yahya is included in two chapters (3 and 19) in the Qur’an. Q. 3: 39 states that “God gives you (Zachariah) news of John, confirming a Word from God. He will be noble and chaste, a prophet, one of the righteous.”
https://researchoutput.csu.edu.au/en/publications/a-comparative-analysis-of-the-prophet-yahya-john-the-baptist-in-i

Can you please show JUST ONE EVIDENCE of how John's etymology emanated from Yahya? else forever keep your mouth shut

Finally, if you agree that the Name John has been in use 630 years before the Quran was penned down, what EVIDENCE do you have that Johns name was revealed in Arabic to Zachariah?

I am too sure that as usual, you will ramble around WITHOUT ANSWERING any of the Questions!
Without Lies and Deceptions, Islam Crumbles!

Read the rendering of the attached: Arabic/Persian!?

1 Like

Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by TenQ: 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
LegalWolf:

Just a few question so I get full clarity and expectations are not at cross purpose:

1. Is this a debate or an inquisition?

2. I suppose this is a debate to which questions will be asked by both parties and answers/explanations proffered equally. Is my assumption correct?

3. Should this be an inquisition (but slightly different from the Spanish one) where just one party would do all the asking without a corresponding right to ask, could you give me one reason why I have to participate in that. Just one?

4. You jumped on my conversation with sixfiguresmart where certain rules were established. One of those rules is that point should be thoroughly discussed and mentions limited to one.

5. If I recall clearly, and prior to your assumed ban, what the conversation hovered around was the meaning of the name “Yahya”. Am I correct?

6. All you’ve done (which was never in dispute) is to link Yahya to a prophet. I gave you a literal Arabic translation of the name and you’ve not given me any logical explanation impeaching that. Or have you?

So one issue at a time. Are you in a hurry?
You said you were ready to answer the questions which you didn't answer

LegalWolf:
TenQ
Despite my busy schedule, I am still expecting you point me out to which of the questions you asked in your previous post that I missed. Like I’ve told your ally, with me, all questions are covered on the condition that you stick to the rules of the game. And it’s a quid pro quo thing.

I compiled five of them and it resulted in a ban from NL bots. So, below again are the questions I've asked repeatedly

Composition102:

Except you want to do me Taqiyya, these are harmless questions!

1 Like

Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by LegalWolf: 11:28pm On Oct 14, 2022
TenQ:

You said you were ready to answer the questions which you didn't answer

I compiled five of them and it resulted in a ban from NL bots. So, below again are the questions I've asked repeatedly

Composition102:

Except you want to do me Taqiyya, these are harmless questions!

Lol, have you ever heard of the phrase “attention to details”. In case you haven’t, I implore you to do so as it would:

1. Undoubtedly help you in your career (with the exception of a pastoral one… most “flock” members are sheep in the literal sense of the word);

2. And more importantly, help you in your search for knowledge while disentangling you from backwardly ludicrous doctrines in one nonsense religion like xtianity.

To the issue, and as you rightly quoted me, I asked you as follows:

“… am still expecting you point me out to which of the questions you asked in your previous post that I missed…” . shocked

The key word here is POST not posts as I was patently referring to the previous post where you did a lot of elaboration while asking me several questions.

This is the same type of fraudulent and sleazy attitude that made early church leaders falsely attribute dubious and pseudonymous books to people they clearly know are not the original authors.

Now back to my questions which you still fraudulently want to run away from. Is this a debate or an inquisition (certainly not the Spanish one right)? grin
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by LegalWolf: 11:46pm On Oct 14, 2022
TenQ:

After a detailed analysis that deflated your response, I was kind enough to give you a summary so that you could respond to them, but as usual, you went at tangent AVOIDING everything for a different thing entirely.
Here again are the Questions I posted in summary

Summary:
1. Find any other person named Yahya by the Jews?
2. Show that no other person has the same name as what John was called by the Jews and Christians?
3. You will need to show that, the name of John in Hebrew would be Yahya (Arabic tongue) and not Yohanan (Hebrew tongue)?
4. Show why Yahya is the ONLY mis-transmitted name in the Qur'an?
5. Would you agree to the fact that other Jews were called the same name John the Baptist was called?

Over to you please!

NOW, LET ME DEAL WITH YOUR ILLOGICALITIES
1. I am not surprised that Allah can speak only one language (Arabic), that was why he seemingly gave an Arabic name that is meaningless to the Hebrew Parents 630 years before Islam came through Mohammed.
I am surprised that a lawyer can go so below average level of intelligence to claim that the son of Zachariah's name was Yahya (Arabic).SMH!

2. We know that the English name of the Son of Zachariah was John. The Etymology of John is traced below
John (/dʒɒn/; JON) is a common male given name in the English language of Semitic origin. The name is the English form of Iohannes and Ioannes, which are the Latin forms of the Greek name Ioannis (Ιωάννης), originally borne by Hellenized Jews transliterating the Hebrew name Yochanan (יוֹחָנָן‎), the contracted form of the longer name Yehochanan (יְהוֹחָנָן‎), meaning "Yahweh is Gracious" or "Yahweh is Merciful". There are numerous forms of the name in different languages; these were formerly often simply translated as "John" in English, but are increasingly left in their native forms (see sidebar).[2]
The name John is a theophoric name originating from the Hebrew name יוֹחָנָן‎ (Yôḥānān), or in its longer form יְהוֹחָנָן‎ (Yəhôḥānān), meaning "Yahweh has been gracious".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_(given_name)

3. Several Islamic Sources Attest to the fact that the Son of Zachariah was JOHN which was derived from the Hebrew Etymologically

Islamic Sources:
1. Short Answer: John the Baptist is known as Yahya, a prophet of Islam. He was born miraculously to two elderly parents, and his father was Prophet Zechariah, the uncle and protector of Mary, the mother of Jesus.

https://aboutislam.net/counseling/ask-about-islam/john-baptist-islam/

2. Amongst the 25 Prophets mentioned by God in the Quran, one name is Prophet John (peace be upon him). In Arabic, his name is Yahya. He is also a Prophet who figures prominently in Christianity, where he is known as John the Baptist. His story in the Christian tradition is described in Bible Luke 1:5-22.
https://www.soundvision.com/article/john-the-baptist-a-prophet-of-islam

3. “The testimony of John the Baptist is as follows; He confessed – he did not deny but confessed – “I am not the Christ!” So they asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not!” “Are you that Prophet?” He answered, “No!”…” (John 1:20-21)
The prophet John (Yahya) is asked three questions and his answers to all of the three questions are negative:
https://questionsonislam.com/article/testimony-yahya-john

4. Prophet John or Yahya is also honored as a prophet in Islam as Yaḥyā ibn Zakarīyā (Arabic: يحيى بن زكريا‎), or "John, son of Zechariah". He is believed by Muslims to have been a witness to the word of God, and a prophet who would herald the coming of Jesus. His father Zechariah was also an Islamic prophet. Islamic tradition maintains that John was one of the prophets whom Muhammad met on the night of the Mi'raj, his ascension through the Seven Heavens.

https://www.kobo.com/ww/en/ebook/the-great-story-of-prophet-zakariya-zachariah-prophet-yahya-john-the-baptist-in-islam-1

5. The Ethos Of Prophet John (Yahya)
Prophet John was born 5585 years after the Fall of Adam. He is the son of Prophet Zachariah. His mother is Eisha, the daughter of Imran and sister of Virgin Mary. Her mother gave birth to him while she was six months pregnant. Prophet John is one of the greatest of Bani-Israel Prophets as the Quran says:
"Peace be on him on the day he was born and on the day he dies, and on the day he is raised to life." (19:15)

https://www.al-islam.org/ethics-prophets-mohammad-mehdi-taj-langaroodi/24-ethos-prophet-john-yahya

6. Prophet Yahya (John)
John's Childhood
John (pbuh) was born a stranger to the world of
children who used to amuse themselves, as he was serious all the time.
Most children took delight in torturing animals whereas, he was
merciful to them.
https://www.islambasics.com/chapter/prophet-yahya-john

7. Amongst the 25 Prophets mentioned by God in the Quran, one name is Prophet John (peace be upon him). In Arabic, his name is Yahya. He is also a Prophet who figures prominently in Christianity, where he is known as John the Baptist. His story in the Christian tradition is described in Luke 1:5-22.

https://www.islamicity.org/3868/john-the-baptist-a-prophet-of-islam/

Secular Sources:
1. Yaḥyā ibn Zakarīyā (Arabic: يحيى ابن زكريا, literally Yahya/John, son of Zechariah), identified in English as John the Baptist, is considered in Islam a prophet and messenger of God (Allah) who was sent to guide the Children of Israel. He is believed by Muslims to have been a witness to the word of God who would herald the coming of Isa Al-Masih (Jesus Christ).[1][2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_the_Baptist_in_Islam

2. Prophet Yahya (John the Baptist) is considered to be a bridge between Islam and Christianity. Both traditions emphasise that he is a ‘rightly-guided’ figure and among the company of ‘the righteous’ such as Abraham and Moses. The story of Yahya is included in two chapters (3 and 19) in the Qur’an. Q. 3: 39 states that “God gives you (Zachariah) news of John, confirming a Word from God. He will be noble and chaste, a prophet, one of the righteous.”
https://researchoutput.csu.edu.au/en/publications/a-comparative-analysis-of-the-prophet-yahya-john-the-baptist-in-i

Can you please show JUST ONE EVIDENCE of how John's etymology emanated from Yahya? else forever keep your mouth shut

Finally, if you agree that the Name John has been in use 630 years before the Quran was penned down, what EVIDENCE do you have that Johns name was revealed in Arabic to Zachariah?

I am too sure that as usual, you will ramble around WITHOUT ANSWERING any of the Questions!
Without Lies and Deceptions, Islam Crumbles!

Read the rendering of the attached: Arabic/Persian!?

How come I missed this detailed posts? Quite interesting.

TenQ the issue here is very narrow (as lawyers would say). Every single thing you’ve said points to John and Yahya being the same person. Was that ever in dispute ? What was in dispute was the “meaning of Yahya”. Am I correct.

The questions:
1. Is John the Baptist known as Yahya in the Quran? and

2. Is the meaning of Yahya the Arabic rendition of “Yohannan” (i.e., john in Hebrew)

are completely two different things. The whole essence of this debate has nothing to do with 1 and all you’ve done is to prove one rather than 2. How can I stress that enough?

I assert that Yahya is an Arabic name and I gave you the meaning of it. And I am sure you would have checked Google and it would have confirmed to you that the literal translation of the word in Arabic (which is completely different from the Hebrew/Aramaic interpretation you asserted). And that lacunae hasn’t been explained by you. You should be the one doing the explanation not me because you are the one who asserted and you and you alone should do the proving.

You cannot be fraudulent and hypocritical when debating with us and when caught, turn around to shout the empty Christian word “taqiyya”. My previous question in my other post (I MEAN POST AND NOT POST BECAUSE I NEED YO COME DOWN TO YOUR LEVEL) still remains unanswered
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by TenQ: 11:51pm On Oct 14, 2022
LegalWolf:

How come I missed this detailed posts? Quite interesting.

TenQ the issue here is very narrow (as lawyers would say). Every single thing you’ve said points to John and Yahya being the same person. Was that ever in dispute ? What was in dispute was the “meaning of Yahya”. Am I correct.

The questions:
1. Is John the Baptist known as Yahya in the Quran? and

2. Is the meaning of Yahya the Arabic rendition of “Yohannan” (i.e., john in Hebrew)

are completely two different things. The whole essence of this debate has nothing to do with 1 and all you’ve done is to prove one rather than 2. How can I stress that enough?

I assert that Yahya is an Arabic name and I gave you the meaning of it. And I am sure you would have checked Google and it would have confirmed to you that the literal translation of the word in Arabic (which is completely different from the Hebrew/Aramaic interpretation you asserted). And that lacunae hasn’t been explained by you. You should be the one doing the explanation not me because you are the one who asserted and you and you alone should do the proving.

You cannot be fraudulent and hypocritical when debating with us and when caught, turn around to shout the empty Christian word “taqiyya”. My previous question in my other post (I MEAN POST AND NOT POST BECAUSE I NEED YO COME DOWN TO YOUR LEVEL) still remains unanswered
The questions are highlighted in YELLOW, please answer them
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by TenQ: 11:52pm On Oct 14, 2022
LegalWolf:

Lol, have you ever heard of the phrase “attention to details”. In case you haven’t, I implore you to do so as it would:

1. Undoubtedly help you in your career (with the exception of a pastoral one… most “flock” members are sheep in the literal sense of the word);

2. And more importantly, help you in your search for knowledge while disentangling you from backwardly ludicrous doctrines in one nonsense religion like xtianity.

To the issue, and as you rightly quoted me, I asked you as follows:

“… am still expecting you point me out to which of the questions you asked in your previous post that I missed…” . shocked

The key word here is POST not posts as I was patently referring to the previous post where you did a lot of elaboration while asking me several questions.

This is the same type of fraudulent and sleazy attitude that made early church leaders falsely attribute dubious and pseudonymous books to people they clearly know are not the original authors.

Now back to my questions which you still fraudulently want to run away from. Is this a debate or an inquisition (certainly not the Spanish one right)? grin
Answer my questions!
QED!
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by LegalWolf: 4:36am On Oct 15, 2022
TenQ:

Answer my questions!
QED!

Loooooool, why? grin >: grin angry
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by LegalWolf: 4:42am On Oct 15, 2022
TenQ:

The questions are highlighted in YELLOW, please answer them

Mine is to burst your burble while demonstrating you are a liar and fraudster so the world can see…

The questions are still living, on what ground should I answer your question when u refuse to answer mine? .

NB: Interesting that your demeanour has changed from combative to meek. Lol. You were jumping on the thread like someone with sense and has something to prove. Just little disproving the meaning of the name “Yahya” and you’re showing the world the fraud you are. Justify my question in the previous POST please
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by TenQ: 8:00am On Oct 15, 2022
LegalWolf:

Mine is to burst your burble while demonstrating you are a liar and fraudster so the world can see…

The questions are still living, on what ground should I answer your question when u refuse to answer mine? .

NB: Interesting that your demeanour has changed from combative to meek. Lol. You were jumping on the thread like someone with sense and has something to prove. Just little disproving the meaning of the name “Yahya” and you’re showing the world the fraud you are. Justify my question in the previous POST please

You said:

LegalWolf:
TenQ

For the last time on this thread, answer my Questions or GET LOST

Composition102:

Summary:
3. Find any other person named Yahya by the Jews?
4. Show that no other person has the same name as what John was called by the Jews and Christians?
5. You will need to show that, the name of John in Hebrew would be Yahya (Arabic tongue) and not Yohanan (Hebrew tongue)?
6. Show why Yahya is the ONLY mis-transmitted name in the Qur'an?
7. Would you agree to the fact that other Jews were called the same name John the Baptist was called?

Over to you please!

8. Can you please show JUST ONE EVIDENCE of how John's etymology emanated from Yahya? else forever keep your mouth shut

9. Finally, if you agree that the Name John has been in use 630 years before the Quran was penned down, what EVIDENCE do you have that Johns name was revealed in Arabic to Zachariah?

Answer these questions or forever keep your peace!
It's your bubbles filled with hydrogen that is about being bursted through your answers. I can understand why you are AFRAID!
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by LegalWolf: 8:32am On Oct 15, 2022
TenQ:

You said:

For the last time on this thread, answer my Questions or GET LOST

Composition102:

Summary:
3. Find any other person named Yahya by the Jews?
4. Show that no other person has the same name as what John was called by the Jews and Christians?
5. You will need to show that, the name of John in Hebrew would be Yahya (Arabic tongue) and not Yohanan (Hebrew tongue)?
6. Show why Yahya is the ONLY mis-transmitted name in the Qur'an?
7. Would you agree to the fact that other Jews were called the same name John the Baptist was called?

Over to you please!

8. Can you please show JUST ONE EVIDENCE of how John's etymology emanated from Yahya? else forever keep your mouth shut

9. Finally, if you agree that the Name John has been in use 630 years before the Quran was penned down, what EVIDENCE do you have that Johns name was revealed in Arabic to Zachariah?

Answer these questions or forever keep your peace!
It's your bubbles filled with hydrogen that is about being bursted through your answers. I can understand why you are AFRAID!

Lol, I love how you are so clutching to straws and desperately trying to be saved from a doomed situation. YOU WON’T AND yhwh WOULD NOT SAVE YOU . I will sink you both together.

Yes, I promise to answer all questions from your previous post. Which post was I referring to?? Lie again like your Church fathers did grin grin grin
Re: Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage? by LegalWolf: 9:38am On Oct 15, 2022
Hey Guys,

I have had a long but unfruitful conversation with TenQ and Sixfiguresmart. Lots of twits and turns on a road filled with hypocrisy, lies, deliberate and intentional falsehoods amongst others. But the records must be set very straight for the innocent bystander who comes across our posts (and sorry it is at the 13th page on the thread).

- To preface it, christians I have debated over the years have a penchant for escaping points they cannot defend by throwing new issues. TenQ and Sixfiguresmart are no exception as they keep deflecting whenever their hypocrisy or lies are exposed. A cursory look at our conversation on several topics will reveal this. And trust me, the best way to deal with them is to insisting they finish or argue a point to the very end before proceeding to new issues. There you will see their emptiness (but in response, they will be shouting taqiyya lol)

- I started the conversation with Sixfiguresmart. Rules were agreed but not kept specifically him. I noticed he lied by claiming Al-Haythami was a contemporary of the prophet. I called him out severally to bring a source to justify that statement. He technically admitted at a point that 'he said what he said' but later came on to cover the lie with another lie that he was referring to At- Tabarani.

- Then I asked him, though clearly knowing he was lying, to show proof that At- Tabarani was a contemporary of the Prophet while refusing to proceed with further questions until he shows proof. Expectedly, he kept dodging by asking unrelated questions upon questions.

- Till today, he not showed any proof or evidence whatsoever that Al-Haythami or At- Tabarani (either one) were contemporaries of the prophet.

- Now here is the twist. TenQ recognised his brethren was doomed and cannot be saved. He jumped into the conversation uninvited and like 007 asking me a totally unrelated question to what we have been discussing (I must admit I skipped a part that we had a little conversation prior where he asked me to translate 'inna isa wa malaikatahu yussaluna...' and which I promised him I would only on the condition that yhwh and the historicity of the bible enters the witness box. for emphasis, I have been consistent with my request from day one AND HE NEVER ADMITTED TO MY TERM .

- If you were Sixfiguresmart, what would you do grin grin gringrin Jump to the life saving opportunity that TenQ offered. He went under the radar and TenQ took the wheels. You will think he is Dominic Toretto of the legendary fast and furious fame. But he was even more disappointing intellectually than Sixfiguresmart.

- The central issue of our discourse is on the meaning of Yahya. He claims it is etymologically derived from the Aramaic/Hebrew Yohannan. What evidence does he have? Summary of all his evidence is that Yahya is the same as John the Baptist and as such the name is Yohannan.

- I disputed that by telling from the get go that Yahya has a literal arabic meaning which I gave him. Because it offends every logic that a name borrowed into another language will have a literal meaning in that language while I also give him the exact equivalent of Yohanna in the Arabic bible. Instead of him to dispute that Yahya has no literal meaning in Arabic like I showed him, he did not but jumped to asking me to translate 'inna jibril wa malaikatahu yussalunu.. .

- In summary, he confused the conflated the question 'what is the meaning of Yahya' and 'who is Yahya' together and he has failed woefully to answer the former. Remember people, he is the one who alleged not me and the logical burden lies on him to keep proving.

- Of course, the hypocrisy is apparent and the situation unsalvageable for him. To turn around that, he went ahead to quote me where I said he should let me know which of his questions I missed in a previous post to justify translating some arabic texts. I clearly told him that I was not referring to all his posts but a specific previous post. Like the prophet enjoined us, I was charitable and schooled on attention to details, yet he failed the simple lesson.

- At this point, he has not said that Yahya does not have a literal arabic meaning (the entire fulcrum of our argument and the only thing that will totally annihilate my point). Like his church fathers before him, he has falsely attributed post for posts just to justify me translating a verse I had committed to translate if he agrees to my terms.

- Finally, I need to address the point of 'fear' that he keeps hallucinating about. Fear of what exactly. I asked you whether this is a debate or an inquisition which you have not answered till date. If you want to ask me questions, (which I have committed to answer on several occassions), why do you not want me to ask you questions too. Who is afraid here? . To be fair to his predecessor six, I asked him questions which he answered (if I remember correctly, he answered questions on trinity and even inquisition).

- But why is TenQ different. What are you scared of ? You the innocent bystander should judge and unless these two fraudsters answer my questions, this whole thing would just be a circus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What's Your Favorite Offering Song / Good Friday; The Commemoration Of The Death Of Our Lord Jesus Christ / Nairalanders Oo!! I Have Been Hearing About Spirits Until Today I Saw One Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.