Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,060 members, 7,828,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia (44793 Views)

‘meth’: Youths Flogged In Imo For Taking Drugs (Pictures) / Ikorodu Transformer Cable Thief Tied To A Pole & Flogged In Lagos / Schoolgirl Flogged In Ilorin, Leg Infected Over School Fees. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by Rafiquie: 11:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
She has been chosen to bear the communities shadows.
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
the ones they should be flogging mercilessly in a public court, are potential presidential candidates.
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by CheapHomes1: 11:41pm On Aug 28, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://saharareporters.com/articles/disturbing-video-shows-nigerian-community-assaults-brutalises-widow-accused-being-witch

How do these people determine who is a witch and who isn't? Is a widow the first criteria for ajudging one a witch?
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by Yankee101: 11:41pm On Aug 28, 2022
This is sooooo wrong
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by victorsola: 11:49pm On Aug 28, 2022
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 28, 2022
Omg, what is all these? The only evil people are the men flogging her and those watching. This is horrendous. I'm angry right now angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by KrisPete(m): 12:09am On Aug 29, 2022
ojobanikanor:

Take Your Music With You -Need a new home stereo speaker? Fixing your car in the garage? Or setting up the ultimate block party? The Boss goes where you go, bringing you amazing quality without the hassle of cords or heavy speakers.

40 hours playtime

How much please?

call or WhatsApp, pay on delivery nationwide.

Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by porthouse7(f): 12:11am On Aug 29, 2022
If na real witch she be all of una don die be that

1 Like

Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by PureNigerian: 12:23am On Aug 29, 2022
How in the world at this day in age we still believe in this stupidity baffles me.
The devils in my country live among us and we as a people refuse to alert the authority.
All we do is complain about the government forgetting that what you see in government is
the reflection of the society.
Why is it that witches are always defenceless poor old women?
I cry my country.

Mumu people

1 Like

Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by PureNigerian: 12:24am On Aug 29, 2022
PS712:
Quite a number of times such accused are actually innocent of these allegations.

Stop it, there no witches
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by PureNigerian: 12:25am On Aug 29, 2022
spartan50:
What’s the proof she is a witch

Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by naijapips04: 12:34am On Aug 29, 2022
Tobianojoel:

You no dey do ritual? A lot of Igbo men travel far away from the communities to do ritual. That's the difference. Your herbalists aren't potent.

One of them.
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by cococandy(f): 12:47am On Aug 29, 2022
This is the kind of thing that makes me so angry I want to blow my top. What the actual fvckery!!!
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by Spartacus101(m): 12:56am On Aug 29, 2022
PS712:
Quite a number of times such accused are actually innocent of these allegations.

That's the reality, I was once a victim.
I remembered when I was 7 or 8yrs. They invited my sister to a night program in another church. Naso the pastor point me out and asked me " who give you witch. Confess now" I shocked. My mind go far I con dey reason wether I get witch n I don't know about it. I was confused.. one of the pastors that invite us to the church came n called him outside when he came back he say I should go back and sit down..
One of the reasons I don't like going to church because the fear still dey my body.
Oron town in Akwa Ibom State

1 Like

Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by Originalsly: 1:31am On Aug 29, 2022
The Police is not available for comment. After all... the Police is part of that community and most likely share the same belief. The wife who labeled her a witch needs to be arrested and locked away.
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by PS712: 2:32am On Aug 29, 2022
Spartacus101:

That's the reality, I was once a victim.
I remembered when I was 7 or 8yrs. They invited my sister to a night program in another church. Naso the pastor point me out and asked me " who give you witch. Confess now" I shocked. My mind go far I con dey reason wether I get witch n I don't know about it. I was confused.. one of the pastors that invite us to the church came n called him outside when he came back he say I should go back and sit down..
One of the reasons I don't like going to church because the fear still dey my body.
Oron town in Akwa Ibom State
That was a sad experience. It's unfortunate a lot of those who are called pastors and men of God are in real sense otherwise and they are the ones making the impression, sadly.
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by Emmanuel909090: 3:45am On Aug 29, 2022
Too bad.
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by Sixfiguresmart(m): 3:57am On Aug 29, 2022
Will the inflicted corporal punishment chase the demons in her away?

That woman is suffering from the tradition that she has taught her children too. Sad that she is the victim today.
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by strikef041(m): 4:39am On Aug 29, 2022
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by 001spice: 5:31am On Aug 29, 2022
If she was a wicth will they even be able to near her. Senseless Nigeria youth
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by udemzeus(m): 5:44am On Aug 29, 2022
When I talk about widows protection, I’m not asking for too much. Our mothers suffer the most from child delivery.

Mrs. Amarachi Okechi, a widow was accused of witchcraft by her late husband brother’s wife.

If you are from Umueghu in Amaegbuato autonomous community Nkpa Bende Local Government, Abia state, your community did this to this woman.

Even when the woman was begging and telling them she was innocent, they tied her hand to her back, tied her two legs, flogged and filmed her.

Her children reached out to the Behind Bars and we have decided to take this matter up no matter what it will cost us.

This is barbaric and should be condemned by all.

#Attention: Please help us tag the wife of Abia State Governor.”

Na woman even cause am

1 Like

Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by ejike714: 6:13am On Aug 29, 2022
I Don't believe in witch.African and their beliefsI Don't believe in witch.African and their beliefs...
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by chaddy16: 7:08am On Aug 29, 2022
Bmaster:
this is the most hilarious comment I have read on nairaland today.
May God bless you the more comrade,for making a brother laugh out loud
grin grin grin grin
God bless you more senior comrade.
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by iamrealdeji(m): 7:11am On Aug 29, 2022
When pastors are always doing fake deliverance for alleged witches,why wouldn't sheeples think all women are witches without considering the fact that pastor was just doing film trick. Even the biggest pastor in Nigeria,Bishop Oyedepo was denied school siting license in UK because they believe he and his congregation usually consider laziness as witchcraft. So that they wont start flogging lazy students before the camera calling it casting out witch demons.
But why do Igbos always think every wife whose husband died killed her husband
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by Makowonda: 7:11am On Aug 29, 2022
Illiteracy is very dangerous in all forms,but the one I dread the most is "social illiteracy".An illiterate who lacks the ability to coexist with others,who is so judgemental and can point an accusing finger to his neighbour without any form of evidence.You're standing on a threshold of a door that separates life and death if you're living in the midst of social illiterates.Meanwhile,it was her late husband's brother's wife that accused her O!You can see how disunited the daughters of Eve are,yet they want gender equality,they carryout all forms of gender activisms on social media but we know who they are in real life.A feminist on social media,a woman hater in real life.Most of them even misinterprete feminism,it symbolizes a move for equality with men,not a competition to overthrow men;how can that ever happen?
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by Makowonda: 7:14am On Aug 29, 2022
PureNigerian:

Endeavour to always read and comprehend before replying a comment.Thanks.
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by meobizy(f): 7:59am On Aug 29, 2022
This is not surprising. Many Nairalanders believe in witches. One is to believe that members here are educated, so it should shock me that illiterates are doing what is expected of them?
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by Successkay12(m): 8:12am On Aug 29, 2022
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by Bugiman: 11:29am On Aug 29, 2022
May the good God forgive us, those that flogged a woman that suppose to be your mother, that has a child like you, God is coming for you guys.
Every persons get there collection day.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by Cravemore: 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2022
Sad but truth.

Na Mostly if the woman dey abnormal But she ge children wen no one dey close to her , Dem go dey look with wan kind eye, society is fvck mehn.

But I pitty for those children wey run live dere mama wey carry u for nine months even if she get one leg na still ur mama.
Re: Widow Accused Of Being A Witch, Tied Up & Flogged In Abia by SKIBiNSKI(m): 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2022
What kinda rubbish is this? undecided she is labelled a witch because she is poor i am sure. Rich people are never witches in naigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Faces Of Arrested Kidnappers In Ile Ife Osun State Today / A Nigerian In Germany Loses €85,000 Hidden In A Bag To Lagos Wharf Rats / Woman Beats and Bathes Maid With Hot Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.