Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (99666 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 3kay945(m): 10:50pm On Feb 24
Asquare84:
Good evening, I just noticed when i start my car the cooling fan begin to work immediately on like before that it will start working when the engine is warm, please what the potential cause and any solution from anyone that have experience this, note: their is no direct connection to the fan.

Strange!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by KINGreignn: 6:49am On Feb 25
Asquare84:
Good evening, I just noticed when i start my car the cooling fan begin to work immediately on like before that it will start working when the engine is warm, please what the potential cause and any solution from anyone that have experience this, note: their is no direct connection to the fan.

What kind of car is this?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Asquare84(m): 6:52am On Feb 25
KINGreignn:

What kind of car is this?

Mercedes E320,w211.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by KINGreignn: 7:53am On Feb 25
Asquare84:

Mercedes E320,w211.

Check if you have coolant in your car, check if coolant sensor is disconnected. If all is okay, scan, take note of the code, then clear. Most times, it's a glitch. Once you clear most times it stops.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Asquare84(m): 10:35am On Feb 25
KINGreignn:

Check if you have coolant in your car, check if coolant sensor is disconnected. If all is okay, scan, take note of the code, then clear. Most times, it's a glitch. Once you clear most times it stops.

Thank you sir, I will do so tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chamber2(m): 10:56am On Feb 25
Good morning,

My Kia optima 2012 have been skipping (slipping) gears for almost a month now. The car will just jump from D to 1 or 2, 4 , 3 etc. This happens especially when the car is moving slowly. On high speed the car moves relatively better.

I have taken the car to a mechanic but he couldn't fix it. He asked me to top up the gear oil. But this didn't still solve the problem.

I don't know what could be wrong 🤷
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by KINGreignn: 11:03am On Feb 25
chamber2:
Good morning,

My Kia optima 2012 have been skipping (slipping) gears for almost a month now. The car will just jump from D to 1 or 2, 4 , 3 etc. This happens especially when the car is moving slowly. On high speed the car moves relatively better.

I have taken the car to a mechanic but he couldn't fix it. He asked me to top up the gear oil. But this didn't still solve the problem.

I don't know what could be wrong 🤷

Scan and post codes here. By the way, what is the name of the gear oil you added and where is the car located?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chamber2(m): 12:14pm On Feb 25
KINGreignn:

Scan and post codes here. By the way, what is the name of the gear oil you added and where is the car located?

I used Mobil.

The car is in owerri
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by KINGreignn: 12:14pm On Feb 25
chamber2:

I used Mobil.

The car is in owerri

The Gear oil you used was Mobil?
Yes or no?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chamber2(m): 12:30pm On Feb 25
KINGreignn:

The Gear oil you used was Mobil?
Yes or no?

Yes sir. Mobil
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 12:45pm On Feb 25
chamber2:

Yes sir. Mobil
You mind posting pics?
I want to confirm something.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chamber2(m): 12:50pm On Feb 25
jceesquare:

You mind posting pics?
I want to confirm something.

Pictures of the car oŕ gear?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by KINGreignn: 2:50pm On Feb 25
chamber2:

Yes sir. Mobil

Hope you know that a Corolla S gear is CVT and it cost over 1.2m (in Abuja)?

Just so you know, start preparing for a new gearbox.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chukel(m): 3:12pm On Feb 25
Asquare84:

Mercedes E320,w211.
fan module is bad. Otherwise, the car may be overheating
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chukel(m): 3:14pm On Feb 25
chamber2:

I used Mobil.

The car is in owerri
kiss the gear goodbye. How ignorant can people be?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chukel(m): 3:15pm On Feb 25
KINGreignn:

Kia optima
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by KINGreignn: 6:43pm On Feb 25
chukel:
fan module is bad. Otherwise, the car may be overheating

Another very valid reason why the fan comes on.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 8:26pm On Feb 25
chamber2:

Pictures of the car oŕ gear?
The container for the mobil oil used.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Tapout(m): 10:44am On Feb 26
jceesquare:

Start your diagnosis by checking all the fuse in the car.
Replace any blown fuse with the right one.

Thanks, it was actually a blown fuse which has been replaced.

cc kingreignn

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 1:05pm On Feb 26
Tapout:

Thanks, it was actually a blown fuse which as been replaced.

cc kingreignn
Good to know.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chamber2(m): 1:33pm On Feb 26
chukel:
kiss the gear goodbye. How ignorant can people be?

Wrong advise from the mechanic. I actually insisted on getting the recommended transmission fluid but he ended up convincing me that Mobil is a better alternative.

I will be draining the fluid tomorrow. I have placed an order for the recommended fluid.

What else can I do to salvage the situation?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chukel(m): 2:50pm On Feb 26
chamber2:

Wrong advise from the mechanic. I actually insisted on getting the recommended transmission fluid but he ended up convincing me that Mobil is a better alternative.

I will be draining the fluid tomorrow. I have placed an order for the recommended fluid.

drain first and see if there is any improvement. Then get a scanner capable of scanning transmission and scan that car for codes.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 4:15pm On Feb 26
chamber2:

This is sad.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MrCarter577(m): 4:27pm On Feb 26
My car AC blows cold at night and mornings, but sometimes in the afternoon, it blows hot. What could be the cause? Pls can anyone recommend a very good AC tech in Lagos, who charges fairly?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 9:34pm On Feb 26
MrCarter577:
My car AC blows cold at night and mornings, but sometimes in the afternoon, it blows hot. What could be the cause? Pls can anyone recommend a very good AC tech in Lagos, who charges fairly?
Your system is low on gas.
The bolded is a relative term.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by cyif2003(m): 11:03am On Feb 27
Good day. Pls my Toyota Camry 2010 when ever I start up d car I hear a loud sound on d top part of d engine and later d engine normalizes. This happens most tyms when I park d car for about 2hrs or more. D mechanic said It’s d cam. And he said if I change it, it will still occur later. Anybody had such experience
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:07am On Feb 27
cyif2003:
Good day. Pls my Toyota Camry 2010 when ever I start up d car I hear a loud sound on d top part of d engine and later d engine normalizes. This happens most tyms when I park d car for about 2hrs or more. D mechanic said It’s d cam. And he said if I change it, it will still occur later. Anybody had such experience
If you get the replacement which bears the updated part number, it won't re-occur
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by codemaster2much: 2:05pm On Feb 27
KINGreignn:

grin
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Nemzy(f): 3:20pm On Feb 27
Hello,
Please my Rav4 engine goes off when I'm not accelerating or in park. I would have to turn it off completely and start it again to get it moving. The mechanic said it was fuel pump and changed the pump and filter and the problem stopped for like a week but it has now started again.
He scanned it and nothing was detected.
What could be causing this issue and how can I fix it?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by deji2443: 5:01pm On Feb 27
Am also facing same issue with my Rav4. Engine goes off abruptly especially when I turned on AC staying on break / idle mode. My mechanic suggested to change fuel pump. But later told me that might not be the reason despite paying him for the fuel pump. Kindly help out.

Solution:
After thorough investigations, I had to change the fuel pump and also bought a new battery. Now everything is okay. No more idling.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MrCarter577(m): 7:35pm On Feb 27
jceesquare:

Your system is low on gas.
The bolded is a relative term.

A tech told me the compressor is weak, system still has enough gas!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 8:27pm On Feb 27
MrCarter577:

A tech told me the compressor is weak, system still has enough gas!
How did he confirm your system has enough gas?

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (129) (Reply)

Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) / In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.