Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98895 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by darkgal: 7:04am On Jun 15, 2023
kingreign:

He’s wrong, something is wrong with that car. You need a competent technician to diagnose and fix it.

Ok
Thank you very much
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 8:02am On Jun 15, 2023
kingreign:

If the engine has a crack, it’s time to get another engine.
Good morning bro. Please I drove my friend's Honda Civic and entered a big gallop. Immediately, the car stops.
I discovered that the alternator belt has removed. I managed to drive it to a mechanic workshop and got it fixed.
On my way home I noticed that the water in the reserved water container was boiling seriously.
I stopped the car and allowed the engine to cool.
Once the engine cool I started the car and it was not accelerating well. I opened the bonnet and realized that the alternator belt has removed again.
This morning as I wanted to check the oil Guage, I discovered that the dipstick has melted.

Please what's the way forward.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Excel19(m): 8:43am On Jun 15, 2023
kingreign:

Drain and refill with Mobil or Total 5W20

I've done that, the next when I started the engine I noticed the smoke didn't come out but 2days later the smoke started coming out every morning.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by olaboyeh(m): 2:03pm On Jun 15, 2023
pls my car doesn't idle in the morning.. it keeps going off. until i raise it for long and quickly accelerate ..... and it even struggles to accelerate when driving until much later before it is balanced... what is the cause please
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Chacha2022: 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2023
I use a Mitsubishi Outlander 2019 model.

Once at 80km/hr and above, it makes an unusual "humm' humm" sound. Just did major service. All oils chnaged. Changed all tires and did alignment. Sound is still there. I now suspect wheel bearing.

What do u think guys ??
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2023
AbelAbdul:
Good morning bro. Please I drove my friend's Honda Civic and entered a big gallop. Immediately, the car stops.
I discovered that the alternator belt has removed. I managed to drive it to a mechanic workshop and got it fixed.
On my way home I noticed that the water in the reserved water container was boiling seriously.
I stopped the car and allowed the engine to cool.
Once the engine cool I started the car and it was not accelerating well. I opened the bonnet and realized that the alternator belt has removed again.
This morning as I wanted to check the oil Guage, I discovered that the dipstick has melted.

Please what's the way forward.
Was the water pump pulley bypassed?
Check also that the radiator wasn’t damaged or water pipe wasn’t damaged
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2023
olaboyeh:
pls my car doesn't idle in the morning.. it keeps going off. until i raise it for long and quickly accelerate ..... and it even struggles to accelerate when driving until much later before it is balanced... what is the cause please

Scan it
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Abbeyb1ack: 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
Please how much can I get an Amplifier for lexus rx330 07
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by PapaNnamdi: 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2023
please who has idea about AC, my car is a Peugeot 607 e12 engine, I was on the island one time entered a pothole at night and while still driving my ac stopped cooling,

I discovered the clutch plate has stopped rotating the compressor so I went to an ac tech and replaced it, the replacement worked for a month and same issue occured,

I replaced it with another tech, this time it wasn't cooling like before,
after 2weeks it stopped cooling, there is gas in the system, the clutch is still working, but the ac dose nt cool,

I want to seek opinion could it be expansion valve or the compressor is damaged
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2023
kingreign:

Was the water pump pulley bypassed?
Check also that the radiator wasn’t damaged or water pipe wasn’t damaged
The car has been fixed.
The issues were:
1. Two Coils were bad
2. All the four plugs were bad
3. The bolt that tightens the steering pump wasn't there.

Thanks bro.

Please is it true that Honda cars requires yearly programming?

Because I'm told the car needs to be reprogrammed
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2023
olaboyeh:

Check your coil and spark plugs, oil fit don enter there.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by olaboyeh(m): 8:48pm On Jun 15, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Check your coil and spark plugs, oil fit don enter there.
happens only when cold... matrix 07
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 9:25pm On Jun 15, 2023
olaboyeh:

happens only when cold... matrix 07

Check your coils and spark plugs
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:20pm On Jun 15, 2023
AbelAbdul:
The car has been fixed.
The issues were:
1. Two Coils were bad
2. All the four plugs were bad
3. The bolt that tightens the steering pump wasn't there.

Thanks bro.

Please is it true that Honda cars requires yearly programming?

Because I'm told the car needs to be reprogrammed

Not true
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Frenliwis(m): 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
Excel19:

Pls, can you help me with his contact?

Here is the mechanic contact 07060887253
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by IDRIS92(m): 12:24am On Jun 16, 2023
Pls my Honda Civic 2002 doesn’t move fine when I engage it to d2 pls advice me And when ever it Hot the ROM drop from 800 to 100 some tym it off wen I engage brakes
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 5:14am On Jun 16, 2023
kingreign:

Not true
thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:54am On Jun 16, 2023
IDRIS92:
Pls my Honda Civic 2002 doesn’t move fine when I engage it to d2 pls advice me And when ever it Hot the ROM drop from 800 to 100 some tym it off wen I engage brakes
You’re supposed to leave it in D.
Also, for the rpm you need to clean the throttle body, test the IACV and check for vacuum leaks.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tizteezy(m): 2:42pm On Jun 16, 2023
Hello Gurus
A friend wants to buy a Nigerian Used Volkswagen Passat 2007.

Is it a good ride?

How reliable and fuel efficient is it?

Thanks in anticipation of your reviews
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by olaboyeh(m): 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2023
where can one get good Toyota parts in lagos.. any plug

for brand new and tokunbo
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Excel19(m): 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2023
Frenliwis:

Here is the mechanic contact 07060887253

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
tizteezy:
Hello Gurus
A friend wants to buy a Nigerian Used Volkswagen Passat 2007.

Is it a good ride?

How reliable and fuel efficient is it?

Thanks in anticipation of your reviews

Abort mission except you know the owner and his maintenance habit is top notch and you still wish to take great risks.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tizteezy(m): 7:32pm On Jun 16, 2023
kingreign:

Abort mission except you know the owner and his maintenance habit is top notch and you still wish to take great risks.

Senior man, maximum salama

Thanks for the update

I'll tell him immediately
Except he wants to swim alone in deep waters, he goes ahead.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2023
kingreign:

Hello boss I greet you.
Please whenever I drive the Honda Civic, the water in the radiator reserved tank with be boiling.
I've checked the water pump is working.
What could be problem?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by IDRIS92(m): 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2023
kingreign:

You’re supposed to leave it in D.
Also, for the rpm you need to clean the throttle body, test the IACV and check for vacuum leaks.
. I do leave it n d when driving on high way but I drive one of my friend same civic D2 drive load more than my own
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2023
AbelAbdul:
Hello boss I greet you.
Please whenever I drive the Honda Civic, the water in the radiator reserved tank with be boiling.
What could be problem?

I believe there air in your cooling system or you didn't bleed properly.
Switch to coolant, check radiator cap, fill radiator and leave it open, start the car and let the radiator fan come on twice you top up and closed the radiator. And you should be good except there's a hidden leak.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2023
Manuella4ace:

I believe there air in your cooling system or you didn't bleed properly.
Switch to coolant, check radiator cap, fill radiator and leave it open, start the car and let the radiator fan come on twice you top up and closed the radiator. And you should be good except there's a hidden leak.
ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
AbelAbdul:
Hello boss I greet you.
What could be problem?

Replace radiator cap.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
IDRIS92:
. I do leave it n d when driving on high way but I drive one of my friend same civic D2 drive load more than my own

Don’t drive your car in D 2 under normal everyday driving conditions.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by IDRIS92(m): 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2023
[quote author=kingreign post=123844759]

Don’t drive your car in D 2 under normal everyday driving conditions. [/quote
Boss what I mean is that the gear is no sharp anof when i engage in drive
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:03am On Jun 17, 2023
IDRIS92:
Boss what I mean is that the gear is no sharp anof when i engage in drive
Get a competent technician to check it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 10:28am On Jun 17, 2023
kingreign:

Replace radiator cap.
The radiator had a blockage.
I'm with the mechanic now. Thanks man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.