Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98894 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jojomario(m): 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
Quick one please. What engine oil is suitable for Cadillac escalade 2016 model and 2007 model? 4 months old tokunbo. I got 5w 30 and 0w 20 on the oil cover. What brand would you advice?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by blendz4real(m): 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
kingreign:

Drive for some days accumulating over 50km distance in total, if check engine light comes up, scan it and post codes we will remotely assist you

Greetings gurus,

After another scan this was the report;

Car Scanner ELM OBD2

Kindly advise what is to be done.
Version: 1.99.0/400990/GP
DTC report
Connection profile: Toyota OBD-II / EOBDDate: 6/12/2023 7:15:46 AM
============================
OBD-IIOBD-II
DTCs: 1
----------------------------
P2770 [0x2770]
Torque converter clutch (TCC) - circuit high
Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit High (Shift Solenoid Valve SL) - Cor ‘04
Engine control unit #1Engine control unit #1
P2770 [0x2770]
Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit High (Shift Solenoid Valve SL) - Cor ‘04
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
blendz4real:

Greetings gurus,

After another scan this was the report;

Car Scanner ELM OBD2

Kindly advise what is to be done.
Version: 1.99.0/400990/GP
DTC report
Connection profile: Toyota OBD-II / EOBDDate: 6/12/2023 7:15:46 AM
OBD-IIOBD-II
P2770 [0x2770]
Engine control unit #1Engine control unit #1
P2770 [0x2770]

Take out battery terminals, remove socket that plugs into transmission, check for bent pin or rust or water ingress, clean with appropriate solvent, reinstall properly, test drive, then scan for codes.

Was the ecu of the car replaced at anytime prior to this happening?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
jojomario:
Quick one please. What engine oil is suitable for Cadillac escalade 2016 model and 2007 model? 4 months old tokunbo. I got 5w 30 and 0w 20 on the oil cover. What brand would you advice?
For 2016 model, your car recommends 0W20 but for 2007 model, it requires 5W30 all fully synthetic. Mobil 1 is good, Valvoline is good, Castrol is good. But ensure you get your oils from reputable sources.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2023
Excel19:
Good day everyone.
Pls, I used 2009 toyota camry with 2.4l engine, I bought the car tokunbo few months ago, when it due for service, I called my mechanic to change the oil and we used fully synthetic hardex 0w20 and after some days I discovered blue white smoke emitted from the exhaust pipe after a startup in the morning and it disappeared in seconds. My mechanic advice we should drain the oil and change it to hardex 5w30 i agreed and we change the but yet the smoke hasn't stopped, it happened every morning and discovered there's little shortage of oil in my car since my last service. Pls what could be a possible solution to problems

Drain and refill with Mobil or Total 5W20
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ballotelle:

NO and thanks for the update .. can u chat me on WhatsApp 08032962213

You send a message to me pls. 07034581213
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
xezoid:

New updates... i also noticed that when the abs and brake lights come on the odometer stops working so i can't gauge the speed nor the distance travelled...however the rpm indicator works...and the car handles fine despite these issues
What should I do?

Get a proper scanner, scan the engine, transmission and combination meter.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
Chinex231:
Please help me out with Ford ecosport 2014, reviews. Is it a reliable car, is it economical, please i need advice.. Thanks
Fords of those years have questionable reliability.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jojomario(m): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
kingreign:

For 2016 model, your car recommends 0W20 but for 2007 model, it requires 5W30 all fully synthetic. Mobil 1 is good, Valvoline is good, Castrol is good. But ensure you get your oils from reputable sources.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by theadeola(m): 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hello guys.

I have an annoying ticking sound at the top of my engine that is only audible when i take the black engine cover off. The car is a 2003 matrix.

I scanned the car for the ignition timing to know if the timing was the issue, but its not. Timing is fine, and I'm not sure what is causing this ticking sound. When i rev the car, the sound 'disappears' till the engine is back at normal idle speed. Oil color is golden brown, level is fine also.

Please what can be the issue?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by FILEBE(m): 11:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
kingreign:

Check the affected wheel Hub if the reluctor ring is still intact.

It now brings out these codes

C1103
C1106
C1107
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by blendz4real(m): 5:04am On Jun 13, 2023
kingreign:

Take out battery terminals, remove socket that plugs into transmission, check for bent pin or rust or water ingress, clean with appropriate solvent, reinstall properly, test drive, then scan for codes.

Was the ecu of the car replaced at anytime prior to this happening?

Okay thank you.

I'll visit my mech and advice him to do as you've advised.

Car was bought tokumbo, so I believe ECU has not been tempered with.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:54am On Jun 13, 2023
FILEBE:

It now brings out these codes

C1103
C1106
C1107
C1103 front right wheel sensor 1
C1106 rear left wheel sensor
C1107 front right sensor 2.

Did you replace the hubs on the affected wheels? Was wiring/electrical repairs carried out on your car?

See this issue is more complex than you think it is.m as it involves your ABS system. Unfortunately, I can’t assist you anymore remotely because I haven’t seen or observe the exact state of the car abs checked other parameters. I very strongly advise you locate a competent technician who knows what he’s doing immediately to solve this issue. If you’re in abuja, feel free to locate me.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by corisande: 11:18am On Jun 13, 2023
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by FILEBE(m): 11:32am On Jun 13, 2023
kingreign:

C1103 front right wheel sensor 1
C1106 rear left wheel sensor
C1107 front right sensor 2.

Did you replace the hubs on the affected wheels? Was wiring/electrical repairs carried out on your car?

See this issue is more complex than you think it is.m as it involves your ABS system. Unfortunately, I can’t assist you anymore remotely because I haven’t seen or observe the exact state of the car abs checked other parameters. I very strongly advise you locate a competent technician who knows what he’s doing immediately to solve this issue. If you’re in abuja, feel free to locate me.

Please explain the bolded.

Didn't carry out any electrical repairs on the car. The car never has any electrical issue except I had ran down my battery one time , if that counts , and then I changed alternator .

It wasn't complaining of the rear left before. It has always been front right. It just started this rear left one. Now it seldoms won't change gears by itself .

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Cogaita: 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2023
corisande:
First time car owner. I’m female too🙏
Got a foreign used 2007 camry 4plugs last year august. I have changed oil 3 times

I saw the previous service sticker it came with. Mobil 1 was used to service last.

First oil change i did i used mobil xhp 20w50, second oil change mechanic adviced to use Mobil 5w30 semi synthetic. I did another oil change in may and i used mobil 20w50.
Car is barely driven though. i have done only around 2400km since i got.

I recently noticed blue smoke which disappears immediately after start up sometimes. The Smoke isn’t heavy.

My worry is which oil is best to use as I cannot find the recommended oil around me which is 5w20, if i can find 5w20, can i start using it?

Switching between different engine oil (especially different viscosity) will cause harm to your engine because that's a quick and easy way to sludge-up the combustion chamber. 5W-20 (recommended) & 5W-30 (ideal) full synthetic are good oil choices. I don't know what state you're based but you can find these easily in stores just be sure to buy from trusted vendors so you don't buy fake motor oil. Mobil 1 and Liqui Moly are top grades. You can check this guys at 8Required for Liqui Moly, they are trusted and deliver nationwide.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2023
FILEBE:

Didn't carry out any electrical repairs on the car. The car never has any electrical issue except I had ran down my battery one time , if that counts , and then I changed alternator .

It wasn't complaining of the rear left before. It has always been front right. It just started this rear left one. Now it seldoms won't change gears by itself .

Get a competent technician to diagnose and fix this car. If you’re in Abuja contact me.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2023
kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Happy motoring!!
My corolla 2011 AC does not work.
I went to mechanic yesterday and he said I need to buy new compressor and condenser.
The amount he mentioned is beyond me.
Any way to fix it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Cogaita: 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2023
Frenliwis:

Thank you for the response, which one do u recommend please. My mechanic is telling me to change oil seal and valve stem of the engine.

Use a more quality engine oil like Mobil 1 or Liqui Moly before attempting to open your engine (if you haven't already) because it will likely lose compression which will result to more issues and weak performance. You can also try Stop Smoke from Liqui Moly with their oil.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Cogaita: 7:00pm On Jun 13, 2023
Nemesisobaara:
Kingreign, you are really doing a good job here. God bless you immensely. Please I have a problem with my RX350, 2011 model.

The Ac, fluctuates. Sometimes, it comes on and after a while, it blows only air. I also noticed that it hardly comes on in hot weather and if it's on and chilling, it can start blowing only air when I step harder on the accelerator. I took it to an AC repairer and the baba said I have to change the compressor to the manual type and we need to get a rewire to change the wiring to suite the manual compression. Immediately he finished talking, i enter my car run. When the AC comes on properly, it's chills very well

You might be in for an expensive repair. Could be the compressor or there is a leak on the evaporator or both.

First, try refill the compressor with gas and see if it still takes gas. If it doesn't, the compressor is bad. If it does take gas and still fluctuates, check the evaporator.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Cogaita: 7:05pm On Jun 13, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I went to mechanic yesterday and he said I need to buy new compressor and condenser.
Any way to fix it.

What do you mean by "does not work" Is it that it doesn't on at all or does on but blows just air? Also, have you worked on the AC before now or recently did any major repair underneath the burnet.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Any way to fix it.

I don’t do AC

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sirchiboy: 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2023
Cogaita:

What do you mean by "does not work" Is it that it doesn't on at all or does on but blows just air? Also, have you worked on the AC before now or recently did any major repair underneath the burnet.
It does not get cold.
Gas is still there but does not get cold
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Frenliwis(m): 7:19am On Jun 14, 2023
Cogaita:

Use a more quality engine oil like Mobil 1 or Liqui Moly before attempting to open your engine (if you haven't already) because it will likely lose compression which will result to more issues and weak performance. You can also try Stop Smoke from Liqui Moly with their oil.

My mechanic has changed the seal valve already. All the previous oil seal valve at the exhaust stem valve are completely bad. The engine is great now and feel quicker when I accelerate it.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutoJando: 8:20am On Jun 14, 2023
FILEBE:

[color=#000099][/color]
As far as it is anything that has got to do with Nissan, I always keep in mind that their hall effect sensors fail intermittently. I won't be surprised if the problem here is a failing OSS(Output Speed Sensor).
Once there's speed correlation incoherence between what the WSS(Wheel Speed Sensors) and the OSS is reading, one will snitch on the other.
Start by locating where the OSS(some automakers also call it Vehicle Speed Sensor, VSS). Check if there's any cause for concern around the connector, the sensors probing face and any other anomaly.
If you don't find any, goto a spare parts market, instruct a mechanic to help you purchase a working one. The only way you can know a working one is after a test drive of at least 10km. You might be lucky on the first Sensor but it is not always the case with Nissans. Just ensure the mechanic is buying the Sensor on your behalf so that he can freely return any one that is defective and get another one at no extra cost. This is why you need this to be done in a spare parts market.
If you don't have the time for any of this, then find a competent mechanic around your area.

Thanks,

[b][/b]
AutoJando
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutoJando: 8:37am On Jun 14, 2023
Nemesisobaara:
Kingreign, you are really doing a good job here. God bless you immensely. Please I have a problem with my RX350, 2011 model.

The Ac, fluctuates. Sometimes, it comes on and after a while, it blows only air. I also noticed that it hardly comes on in hot weather and if it's on and chilling, it can start blowing only air when I step harder on the accelerator. I took it to an AC repairer and the baba said I have to change the compressor to the manual type and we need to get a rewire to change the wiring to suite the manual compression. Immediately he finished talking, i enter my car run. When the AC comes on properly, it's chills very well

This problem sounds like something to do with the air temp sensor inside the car. Your HVAC works based on based on a feedback loop to tell the compressor to pump more or less refrigerant depending on the temperature in the cabin and your selected temperature. When the sensor fails, it will falsely tell the compressor that it should pump less refrigerant as the desired cabin temperature has been reached.
There's a duty cycle solenoid inside the compressor that changes the angle of the swashplate for less or more stroke depending on whether it is demanded to pump less or more refrigerant respectively. Before I start to suspect the solenoid, I would start with this temp sensor mentioned. There's another temp sensor sitting on the condenser but this rarely fails.

What you can do by yourself is to locate the sensor. Check if there's dirt or debris covering it. Clean it and see if there will be any improvement.
Please ensure to bring feedback to the group for someone else to benefit from your experience.

Thanks,

AutoJando
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by darkgal: 11:39pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hi
I just go a Nigerian used Toyota Camry and it was very ok until I noticed it doesn't accelerate above 100kph after like 4hours of driving, have done the scanning and nothing is showing to be wrong with the car but a mechanic is saying the car is having small engine that can't go above that after a particular period. I'm just confused, is there anything like small V4 engine?, Can this possibly be fixed?
Clear me up please

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Excel19(m): 12:03am On Jun 15, 2023
Having similar issues with my 2009 camry. Pls, can you connect me with ur mechanic?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Excel19(m): 12:12am On Jun 15, 2023
[quote author=Frenliwis post=123782791]

My mechanic has changed the seal valve already. All the previous oil seal valve at the exhaust stem valve are completely bad. The engine is great now and feel quicker when I accelerate it.

pls, can you connect me with ur mechanic having same issue with my 2009 camry.

Thank you
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Frenliwis(m): 1:03am On Jun 15, 2023
[quote author=Excel19 post=123803389][/quote]
The mechanic is in ogun state.
I have to travel from lagos to ogun state to fix it.
Everything was done within a day and half.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:41am On Jun 15, 2023
darkgal:
Hi
I just go a Nigerian used Toyota Camry and it was very ok until I noticed it doesn't accelerate above 100kph after like 4hours of driving, have done the scanning and nothing is showing to be wrong with the car but a mechanic is saying the car is having small engine that can't go above that after a particular period. I'm just confused, is there anything like small V4 engine?, Can this possibly be fixed?
Clear me up please

Thanks

He’s wrong, something is wrong with that car. You need a competent technician to diagnose and fix it.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Excel19(m): 6:49am On Jun 15, 2023
Frenliwis:

The mechanic is in ogun state.
I have to travel from lagos to ogun state to fix it.
Everything was done within a day and half.

Pls, can you help me with his contact?

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (129) (Reply)

Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.