Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,797 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (99620 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 10:29am On Jun 17, 2023
Manuella4ace:

I believe there air in your cooling system or you didn't bleed properly.
Switch to coolant, check radiator cap, fill radiator and leave it open, start the car and let the radiator fan come on twice you top up and closed the radiator. And you should be good except there's a hidden leak.
the radiator has a blockage. Working on it now. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by azebay: 8:46pm On Jun 17, 2023
I need expert advice concerning the issue am facing with my Toyota Corolla 09 recently concerning the gear especially in the morning. About 2 months ago, I took the car toa mechanic with a complain about the braking system and after the check, he later checked the transmission fluid and said the fluid is low and even need outright replacement with new oil. He said I shld get 4 litre JohnHolt dexron 111 ATF, which I did.
Next morning, I noticed that the car won't move/engage when put on Drive unless after the engine runs for about 5mins whereas, if it is on Reverse, it instantly responds. However, once the drive engages after that early morning delay, it continues to perform throughout the day.
I later thought the dexron 111 fluid is the problem, I flush out again and replaced with Toyota ATF 1V fluid but the problem still persists. So every morning, I have to first run the engine for a while in idle for the Drive gear to engage. Pls what can be the cause and the solution to this as I am afraid of losing the gear completely? Thank you
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2023
azebay:
I need expert advice concerning the issue am facing with my Toyota Corolla 09 recently concerning the gear especially in the morning. About 2 months ago, I took the car toa mechanic with a complain about the braking system and after the check, he later checked the transmission fluid and said the fluid is low and even need outright replacement with new oil. He said I shld get 4 litre JohnHolt dexron 111 ATF, which I did.
Next morning, I noticed that the car won't move/engage when put on Drive unless after the engine runs for about 5mins whereas, if it is on Reverse, it instantly responds. However, once the drive engages after that early morning delay, it continues to perform throughout the day.
I later thought the dexron 111 fluid is the problem, I flush out again and replaced with Toyota ATF 1V fluid but the problem still persists. So every morning, I have to first run the engine for a while in idle for the Drive gear to engage. Pls what can be the cause and the solution to this as I am afraid of losing the gear completely? Thank you

Check if transmission sump took a hit, scan the car transmission also and post the codes here let’s advise accordingly.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Angrygoat: 12:02am On Jun 18, 2023
Are u a scientist. U keep discovering things.u be novice...
AbelAbdul:
Good morning bro. Please I drove my friend's Honda Civic and entered a big gallop. Immediately, the car stops.
I discovered that the alternator belt has removed. I managed to drive it to a mechanic workshop and got it fixed.
On my way home I noticed that the water in the reserved water container was boiling seriously.
I stopped the car and allowed the engine to cool.
Once the engine cool I started the car and it was not accelerating well. I opened the bonnet and realized that the alternator belt has removed again.
This morning as I wanted to check the oil Guage, I discovered that the dipstick has melted.

Please what's the way forward.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Angrygoat: 12:02am On Jun 18, 2023
Fuel pump
olaboyeh:
pls my car doesn't idle in the morning.. it keeps going off. until i raise it for long and quickly accelerate ..... and it even struggles to accelerate when driving until much later before it is balanced... what is the cause please
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 12:31am On Jun 18, 2023
Angrygoat:
Are u a scientist. U keep discovering things.u be novice...
I just did that one of my fans' bearings is bad thought fan is rotating.
Any advice?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Trippledots(m): 8:34am On Jun 18, 2023
cellywit:

my engine cover leaks oil around the seal i have used black gum to seal it several times but issues still persist. camry muscle 09 xle.

Secondly the AC keeps cutting like it works and stop at intervals and pick up again.

Happy motoring!!

Hi, how has youe experience with this vehicle being? I'm about to go check a naija used camry 09, going for 2.7.... what will you advice me please.
Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by romityl: 11:16am On Jun 18, 2023
Good morning my gurus in the house , I have a pressing challenge with the pulley oil seal the one down the crankshaft area , it keeps leaking I have changed the oil seal to all manner of original seal . The one I fixed last just lasted for one month and it has started leaking again . I honestly do not know what to do again . My engine model is 1NZ and the car is this bank Corolla 2005 model . Pls help my people how do I solve this issue pls .
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
romityl:
Good morning my gurus in the house , I have a pressing challenge with the pulley oil seal the one down the crankshaft area , it keeps leaking I have changed the oil seal to all manner of original seal . The one I fixed last just lasted for one month and it has started leaking again . I honestly do not know what to do again . My engine model is 1NZ and the car is this bank Corolla 2005 model . Pls help my people how do I solve this issue pls .

Get a genuine oil seal, carefully inspect the pulley oil seal area and the pulley if it’s defective. Rub some silicon gum on the outer edge of the pulley, install it carefully so as not to be misaligned, get some high temperature grease and rub around the edge of the pulley and inner edge of the oil seal. Install the pulley carefully so as not to misalign the already installed oil seal and also not to pinch on the oil seal. Torque to spec.

voilà!

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Donaldomo(m): 5:09am On Jun 19, 2023
Water sipped into my Peugeot 307 from my windshield and touched the fuse box under the steering. My central lock stopped working. Can the fuse box be fixed?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by romityl: 7:10am On Jun 19, 2023
@kINGREIGN thanks so much I will go and do as you have instructed today .God bless you always .
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:48am On Jun 19, 2023
Donaldomo:
Water sipped into my Peugeot 307 from my windshield and touched the fuse box under the steering. My central lock stopped working. Can the fuse box be fixed?

Yes, have a very good techno who knows Peugeot fix it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:48am On Jun 19, 2023
romityl:
@kINGREIGN thanks so much I will go and do as you have instructed today .God bless you always .

You’re welcome
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Donaldomo(m): 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2023
Okay, many thanks! But please would you recommend any for me? I live in Abuja. Thanks in anticipation!
kingreign:

Yes, have a very good techno who knows Peugeot fix it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2023
Donaldomo:
Okay, many thanks! But please would you recommend any for me? I live in Abuja. Thanks in anticipation!

Contact Ikenna351. Search for him in the cartalk section.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Chinex231: 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2023
My gearbox oil is leaking and the mechanic said he would drop the whole engine to fix it please is that true? It's Honda pilot 2006
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Paulyaweh(m): 7:36pm On Jun 19, 2023
My camry 2011 is giving me serious problems

I noticed it usually happens during rainy season or when the car passes through water.

When I'm driving. If i slow down during traffic or come to a stop, when i try to accelerate after the engine stalls
It stalls for a few seconds then jerks forward and respond to the accelerator.
The engine check and trac off indicator lights come up
I have changed the fuel pump, topped up the transmission fluid, cleared and replaced the engine oil but still.
When you drive it for some time the issues then stops and it moves freely.
But once i park for a while and drive again it happens

The stalling only happens intermittently for some time and doesn't happen when I'm speeding.
Only when i slow down, come to a stop and try ro accelerate again.
When i took it for scanning i think the error message was PO200 I need to confirm though.

I need a good autocare shop in surulere axis so i can deal with this once and for all

Spent money without any solution.

Correct error code when we checked today is Code P0705
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2023
Paulyaweh:
My camry 2011 is giving me serious problems

I noticed it usually happens during rainy season or when the car passes through water.

When I'm driving. If i slow down during traffic or come to a stop, when i try to accelerate after the engine stalls
It stalls for a few seconds then jerks forward and respond to the accelerator.
The engine check and trac off indicator lights come up
I have changed the fuel pump, topped up the transmission fluid, cleared and replaced the engine oil but still.
When you drive it for some time the issues then stops and it moves freely.
But once i park for a while and drive again it happens

The stalling only happens intermittently for some time and doesn't happen when I'm speeding.
Only when i slow down, come to a stop and try ro accelerate again.
When i took it for scanning i think the error message was PO200 I need to confirm though.

I need a good autocare shop in surulere axis so i can deal with this once and for all

Spent money without any solution

You should have just googled the code you got after scanning.

Check your injectors

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Paulyaweh(m): 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2023
Manuella4ace:

You should have just googled the code you got after scanning.

Check your injectors
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2023
Paulyaweh:

Having issues with your gear shifting?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Paulyaweh(m): 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Having issues with your gear shifting?
Yea.
When i slow down or come to a halt..
If I'm driving and put it in park when there's holdup and switch to drive when it's time to move the accelerator wont respond immediately.
There's a delay. Then it suddenly responds and jumps forward
The vehicle wont respond when i need to accelerate.
Takes sometime
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 8:15pm On Jun 19, 2023
Paulyaweh:

Yea.
When i slow down or come to a halt..
If I'm driving and put it in park when there's holdup and switch to drive when it's time to move the accelerator wont respond immediately.
There's a delay. Then it suddenly responds and jumps forward
The vehicle wont respond when i need to accelerate.
Takes sometime

Which oil did you use to top off your transmission oil?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Paulyaweh(m): 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Which oil did you use to top off your transmission oil?
mobil
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
Chinex231:
My gearbox oil is leaking and the mechanic said he would drop the whole engine to fix it please is that true? It's Honda pilot 2006
What part if the transmission is the leak coming from?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 10:04pm On Jun 19, 2023
Paulyaweh:
mobil

I mean, you topped your gearbox oil, which gearbox oil did you use?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Chinex231: 12:38am On Jun 20, 2023
kingreign:

What part if the transmission is the leak coming from?
From under the driver side, the side the steering is, under, the mechanic said gearbox oil, I had to buy oil the oil to gauge it,
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:35am On Jun 20, 2023
Chinex231:

From under the driver side, the side the steering is, under, the mechanic said gearbox oil, I had to buy oil the oil to gauge it,
Is it by the shaft entry point?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Donaldomo(m): 4:01am On Jun 20, 2023
Oh yes, Ikenna, I will try him. I have his contact. Many thanks please.
kingreign:

Contact Ikenna351. Search for him in the cartalk section.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Chinex231: 11:24am On Jun 20, 2023
kingreign:

Is it by the shaft entry point?
I can't really tell this, wanted to know if the whole engine will be brought down before they fix gearbox oil leak, or is there a part of the leak where the whole engine will be brought down?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
kingreign:

Replace radiator cap.
Good day chairman.
Please my car vibrates whenever I put it on reverse. But doesn't vibrate when it's in front driving. Only when I reverse that it vibrates.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:37pm On Jun 20, 2023
AbelAbdul:
Good day chairman.
Please my car vibrates whenever I put it on reverse. But doesn't vibrate when it's in front driving. Only when I reverse that it vibrates.

Pls what is the make, model, year of production, engine type and type of transmission of your car?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:39pm On Jun 20, 2023
Chinex231:

I can't really tell this, wanted to know if the whole engine will be brought down before they fix gearbox oil leak, or is there a part of the leak where the whole engine will be brought down?
It depends on where the source of the leak is and what you mechanic feels is more comfortable to do to fix it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (129) (Reply)

Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) / In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.