Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (99534 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
nairadatti:
I don't mind going to warri ,from asaba to warri isn't a big deal ,can you help me please

Chat me up 07034581213
Whatsapp
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mejai(m): 5:09am On Sep 23, 2022
please, what could make my gear to stall while in motion. If I slow down, acceleration will be slow and it won't engage unless I switch off the car and restart it. Also, the ignition switch is trying to act funny. At times to put in the key to start becomes hard.

Accord DC i4
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:10am On Sep 23, 2022
mejai:
please, what could make my gear to stall while in motion. If I slow down, acceleration will be slow and it won't engage unless I switch off the car and restart it. Also, the ignition switch is trying to act funny. At times to put in the key to start becomes hard.

Accord DC i4

I can’t tell, please, scan and post codes here
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Reelz: 7:02am On Sep 23, 2022
@ kingreign pls I got this P0710 Transmission fluid temperature sensor circuit and P0120 throttle position sensor.. vehicle is Toyota sienna 2002 xle.. hope no cause for alarm sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:39am On Sep 23, 2022
Reelz:
@ kingreign pls I got this
P0710 Transmission fluid temperature sensor circuit and
P0120 throttle position sensor..
vehicle is Toyota sienna 2002 xle.. hope no cause for alarm sir

Was the transmission ever worked upon?
If NO, pls check the wiring harness that sockets to the transmission. As for the TPS, you can get another installed. The sensor is on the throttle body.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Horbar1: 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2022
Good afternoon house, pls there's this VSC light that is always on my dashboard. The car is Lexus Rx 330, 2005 model. Please I want to know if this pose any threat. Thanks.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:23pm On Sep 23, 2022
Horbar1:
Good afternoon house, pls there's this VSC light that is always on my dashboard. The car is Lexus Rx 330, 2005 model. Please I want to know if this pose any threat. Thanks.

Vehicle stability control. You may have to carry out Zero point calibration but if you have performed it and it doesn’t go off, your ABS module or skid ECU may be having issues.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by shuri: 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2022
Please how do I know if my rear Acura MDX shocks absorber is the one with the sensors? It is a 2007/08 Acura MDX!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Reelz: 7:33pm On Sep 23, 2022
kingreign:

Was the transmission ever worked upon?
If NO, pls check the wiring harness that sockets to the transmission. As for the TPS, you can get another installed. The sensor is on the throttle body.
Okk.. seems it's a wiring thing cos I have never worked on my transmission.
Will get the TPS checked.. Thanks..

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2022
Reelz:

Okk.. seems it's a wiring thing cos I have never worked on my transmission.
Will get the TPS checked.. Thanks..

You’re welcome
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2022
shuri:
Please how do I know if my rear Acura MDX shocks absorber is the one with the sensors? It is a 2007/08 Acura MDX!

Is your MDX a sports package?
If Yes, then you have the ADS.

If you’re not sure, you have to jack the car take off the wheel, look at the shocks and if you see a wiring which socket into the shocks, it’s an Active Damping System (ADS).

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by sounwave: 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2022
Please how much is the coil of the plug of a peugoeut 307? My mechanic is saying 7k? Isn't it too much?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by sounwave: 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2022
kingreign:

If you’re not sure, you have to jack the car take off the wheel, look at the shocks and if you see a wiring which socket into the shocks, it’s an Active Damping System (ADS).

Please how much is the coil of the plug of a peugoeut 307? My mechanic is saying 7k? Isn't it too much
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2022
sounwave:

Please how much is the coil of the plug of a peugoeut 307? My mechanic is saying 7k? Isn't it too much

Genuine plugs are not cheap. I know even far back 2years ago, genuine NGK or DENSO could cost up to ₦8,000. That said, ensure it’s a genuine sparkplug!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by sniperwolf(m): 11:37pm On Sep 23, 2022
shuri:

If you can change between Sports and Comfort mode, then you have the Active Damper System

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by codemaster2much: 12:52am On Sep 24, 2022
How to tell if your car engine has sludge without opening the valve cover
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by koloqua(m): 4:01am On Sep 24, 2022
kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Happy motoring!!

My car is a Honda Civic 2006..

The problem started few days ago, after changing the oil the seller was using 20W-50 to the recommended oil 5W-20

It started bringing out smokes at cold morning, but now it's worse..
It brings out blueish color of smoke and follows me anywhere I drive to, and when I accelerate, the smoke gets much worse..

Please advise
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:21am On Sep 24, 2022
koloqua:

My car is a Honda Civic 2006..

The problem started few days ago, after changing the oil the seller was using 20W-50 to the recommended oil 5W-20

It started bringing out smokes at cold morning, but now it's worse..
It brings out blueish color of smoke and follows me anywhere I drive to, and when I accelerate, the smoke gets much worse..

Please advise

You have caused harm to that engine. There’s a reason why we ask for maintenance history of a car and follow up on such. The 5W20 being either fully synthetic or semi-synthetic has detergents which has washed sludges that had formed over time from use of 20W50 and this has started allowing oil to pass through to the combustion chambers. Please, revert back to the oil 20W50 and if it does not stop, please get ready to either rebuild or replace that engine.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:22am On Sep 24, 2022
codemaster2much:
How to tell if your car engine has sludge without opening the valve cover
Dipstick, engine oil cap, borescope.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by koloqua(m): 8:18am On Sep 24, 2022
kingreign:

You have caused harm to that engine. There’s a reason why we ask for maintenance history of a car and follow up on such. The 5W20 being either fully synthetic or semi-synthetic has detergents which has washed sludges that had formed over time from use of 20W50 and this has started allowing oil to pass through to the combustion chambers. Please, revert back to the oil 20W50 and if it does not stop, please get ready to either rebuild or replace that engine.

I guessed as much, In my defense the mechanic I used to service the car used a 2 different oil SAE-40 and another instead of the previous owner 20w-50, that's when the smoke started and then it will stop after a while, but as I reverted back to the engine own 5w-20, the smoke doesn't even stop anymore.. all this happened due to it been my first car and no experience at all .

Any remedy ? Or I should revert back to the owner history of 20w-50?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:01am On Sep 24, 2022
koloqua:

I guessed as much, In my defense the mechanic I used to service the car used a 2 different oil SAE-40 and another instead of the previous owner 20w-50, that's when the smoke started and then it will stop after a while, but as I reverted back to the engine own 5w-20, the smoke doesn't even stop anymore.. all this happened due to it been my first car and no experience at all .

Any remedy ? Or I should revert back to the owner history of 20w-50?

Herein lies your answer.

kingreign:

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kokomo: 10:40am On Sep 24, 2022
Hi boss Kingreign, I open my car oil filler cap while engine was running and noticed a louder sound and air blowing my hand when I place it there, what does this implies
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2022
Kokomo:
Hi boss Kingreign, I open my car oil filler cap while engine was running and noticed a louder sound and air blowing my hand when I place it there, what does this implies

It’s normal. The pressure build up from the engine running causes the air to blow.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by GodsownBlood(m): 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2022
kingreign:

It’s normal. The pressure build up from the engine running causes the air to blow.
please do you have idea of how much I can get tokunbo engine of Corolla sport 2006 model please
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2022
GodsownBlood:
please do you have idea of how much I can get tokunbo engine of Corolla sport 2006 model please

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by shuri: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2022
kingreign:

Sport package. Got the shocks, thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by shuri: 5:35pm On Sep 24, 2022
sniperwolf:

If you can change between Sports and Comfort mode, then you have the Active Damper System

Yes you are right. Thank you bro
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:42pm On Sep 24, 2022
shuri:

Sport package. Got the shocks, thanks bro

If you don’t mind, how much are they?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MrAmaechi(m): 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2022
Learning here
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MrAmaechi(m): 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2022
P0270
P0304
P2096
P2159
P2187
P0130

Hyundai sonata 2008. V4.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2022
MrAmaechi:
P0270
P0304
P2096
P2159
P2187
P0130

Hyundai sonata 2008. V4.

Thank you for posting the codes, pls also post the descriptions so we know what to advice you on.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by shuri: 11:28am On Sep 25, 2022
kingreign:

If you don’t mind, how much are they?

200k with workmanship

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (129) (Reply)

Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion / SUV Made By Innoson Motors (Pictures) / In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.