Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,363 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98249 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MrAmaechi(m): 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2022
Okay
kingreign:

Thank you for posting the codes, pls also post the descriptions so we know what to advice you on.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by apokan200(m): 12:04am On Sep 26, 2022
please my car is camryxle2013 the hub was making noise and my mechanic asked me to change the hub which i did by buying a tok hub but since the hub was changed the abs light has been on and i was asked to change the wheel sensor attached to the hub which i did but the abs light refused to go off and the hub is still making noise please what can i do?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:51am On Sep 26, 2022
apokan200:
please my car is camryxle2013 the hub was making noise and my mechanic asked me to change the hub which i did by buying a tok hub but since the hub was changed the abs light has been on and i was asked to change the wheel sensor attached to the hub which i did but the abs light refused to go off and the hub is still making noise please what can i do?

Have another competent technician carefully check it.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2022
apokan200:
Put your own sensor on the toks hub. Ensure the wiring for the abs sensor is intact.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kokomo: 12:01am On Sep 27, 2022
kingreign:

What oil do you use and how long do you use it?
For that code, you need to replace the VTC sensor by the right side of the engine, close to the engine side mount.

However, I suggest you clean that part to ensure no dirt or foreign matter is blocking the screen, then use a fresh clean oil after installing that part.

Hi boss, just removed it and sprayed with carb cleaner, re-insert and thing and code clear, thanks again chief.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Samconcepts(m): 1:53am On Sep 28, 2022
I use Camry 2010 4cylinder. Whenever I buy some good quantity of fuel, the car takes time to start and steam normal. This has continued for over a year now. What is the possible cause of this?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:15am On Sep 28, 2022
Samconcepts:
I use Camry 2010 4cylinder. Whenever I buy some good quantity of fuel, the car takes time to start and steam normal. This has continued for over a year now. What is the possible cause of this?
A lot of things can cause this delayed start. Have the car scanned and if no codes pops up, have it inspected by a competent technician.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 9icetoo(m): 7:45pm On Sep 28, 2022
kingreign:

A lot of things can cause this delayed start. Have the car scanned and if no codes pops up, have it inspected by a competent technician.
I think fuel is going into his EVAP or purge valve.

What do you think?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2022
9icetoo:

I think fuel is going into his EVAP or purge valve.

What do you think?

I’m thinking towards that but I need him to scan and post codes so I’d be sure and then he can get recommendations on what to do.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Humblesam(m): 10:06am On Sep 29, 2022
Good morning gurus in the house.
Pls am I need help on this pic from the dashboard of my corolla 03...and possibly solution.. God bless.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bobbiet(m): 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2022
I scanned my Corolla 03 for transmission issue. It said (shift solenoid. How do I. Rectify this? Gear selects erratically.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:52am On Oct 01, 2022
Bobbiet:
I scanned my Corolla 03 for transmission issue. It said (shift solenoid. How do I. Rectify this? Gear selects erratically.

Drop valve body, get the exact faulty shift solenoid replaced, reinstall everything back, change trans filter, pour in fresh ATF, test drive. If it works you’re good to go, if not, I’d suggest you replace transmission.
This isn’t a DIY operation.

By the way, where is your car located?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ty207: 4:03am On Oct 01, 2022
Hello sir,
Pls! I have a problem with my Elantra 08, it vibrate at 30/40 when accelerating have change 2 shaft within 3weeks same problem so definitely the problem is not shaft cos alignment pple will always tell the problem is from shaft cup,no engine light or code from the car.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:10am On Oct 01, 2022
Ty207:
Hello sir,
Pls! I have a problem with my Elantra 08, it vibrate at 30/40 when accelerating have change 2 shaft within 3weeks same problem so definitely the problem is not shaft cos alignment pple will always tell the problem is from shaft cup,no engine light or code from the car.

Have someone competent enough to check that car. If you’re in abuja, contact 07034581213
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bobbiet(m): 6:53am On Oct 01, 2022
kingreign:

Drop valve body, get the exact faulty shift solenoid replaced, reinstall everything back, change trans filter, pour in fresh ATF, test drive. If it works you’re good to go, if not, I’d suggest you replace transmission.
This isn’t a DIY operation.

By the way, where is your car located?
Benin city sir
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:55am On Oct 01, 2022
Bobbiet:
Benin city sir

I dunno anyone there that I can recommend for you.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by shuri: 12:24pm On Oct 01, 2022
Please I can't find the auxiliary port in my MDX 2008. I checked the central console armrest. This is what I saw. (Attached picture).

Though there are some ports facing the back seat below the rear ac vents. Not working with the auxiliary.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by sewenbigboi: 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2022
kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Happy motoring!!
PLS I NEED HELP IM CONFUSED
I USE A CAMRY 07 muscle Camry
WHENEVER I SHIFT THE GEAR TO R REVERSE IT JERKS BADLY
THAT IS WHEN I OFF THE ENGINE AND START IT AGAIN AND I PUT IT TO REVERSE
BUT WHEN I START THE ENGINE AND PUT IT TO DRIVE OR NEUTRAL IT WONT DO THAT IT JERKS ONLY AT REVERSE
IT STARTED THIS AFTER I TRAVELLED FROM ABEOKUTA TO EKITI AND AKURE THOSE ROADS ARE BAD
I CHECKED MY GEAR SEAT AND I EVEN CHANGE MY SHAFT TODAY TO SEE IF IT WILL CHANGE BUT STILL THE SAME MY GEAR SEAT IS INTACT I KEEP WONDERING WHAT COULD HAPPENED IM WORRIED AND SCARED I CANT AFFORD ANOTHER GEAR I WAS MORE CONFUSED TODAY WHEN THE DRIVE CANT CHANGE TO D1 2 3 WHEN ACCELERATING ON MOTION BUT LATER CAME TO NORMAL UNTIL I DROVE HIME NOT FAR TO WHERE IT DID THAT
THE LAST TIME I DID A THOROUGH SERVICE WAS MAY
PLSS WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED I HAVE SCAN WITH A MACHINE THERE IS NOTHING TO BE FOUND
PLSS I NEED HELP
THANKS
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:52pm On Oct 01, 2022
shuri:
Please I can't find the auxiliary port in my MDX 2008. I checked the central console armrest. This is what I saw. (Attached picture).

Though there are some ports facing the back seat below the rear ac vents. Not working with the auxiliary.

If your vehicle has the DVD system, you don’t have the aux port. If it doesn’t have the DVD option, then you have the aux port in your center console with a cover that is lifted from the bottom side.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2022
sewenbigboi:

PLS I NEED HELP IM CONFUSED
I USE A CAMRY 07 muscle Camry
WHENEVER I SHIFT THE GEAR TO R REVERSE IT JERKS BADLY
THAT IS WHEN I OFF THE ENGINE AND START IT AGAIN AND I PUT IT TO REVERSE
BUT WHEN I START THE ENGINE AND PUT IT TO DRIVE OR NEUTRAL IT WONT DO THAT IT JERKS ONLY AT REVERSE
IT STARTED THIS AFTER I TRAVELLED FROM ABEOKUTA TO EKITI AND AKURE THOSE ROADS ARE BAD
I CHECKED MY GEAR SEAT AND I EVEN CHANGE MY SHAFT TODAY TO SEE IF IT WILL CHANGE BUT STILL THE SAME MY GEAR SEAT IS INTACT I KEEP WONDERING WHAT COULD HAPPENED IM WORRIED AND SCARED I CANT AFFORD ANOTHER GEAR I WAS MORE CONFUSED TODAY WHEN THE DRIVE CANT CHANGE TO D1 2 3 WHEN ACCELERATING ON MOTION BUT LATER CAME TO NORMAL UNTIL I DROVE HIME NOT FAR TO WHERE IT DID THAT
THE LAST TIME I DID A THOROUGH SERVICE WAS MAY
PLSS WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED I HAVE SCAN WITH A MACHINE THERE IS NOTHING TO BE FOUND
PLSS I NEED HELP
THANKS

I suggest you go to a competent technician who’d check your car and advise you better.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by salvation77177: 10:21pm On Oct 01, 2022
Hello nairalanders,
have an issue with my 2003 Highlander . I noticed recently that when I engaged the
the reverse gear the vehicle jerks when trying to remove my leg from the break pedal.
I don’t experience that kick when I shift to Drive, it only occurs when Reverse is engaged.
I talked to a mechanic, he initially said it was bad break lining but when he removed the rear breaks system they were still in good condition. He now said it may be ABS brake system that is bad
Do anyone have similar experience or have an of what could be the cause?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by shuri: 10:35pm On Oct 01, 2022
kingreign:

If your vehicle has the DVD system, you don’t have the aux port. If it doesn’t have the DVD option, then you have the aux port in your center console with a cover that is lifted from the bottom side.

Oh! It has the DVD system.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by chrisatah94: 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2022
Please I use a 2009 Honda Civic. The car is too low and very obvious when it meets undulating roads, it keeps hitting the ground anyhow. I'm in Abuja... please help recommend a good place around to go lift it, alongside an idea of the price? Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 12:38am On Oct 02, 2022
chrisatah94:
Please I use a 2009 Honda Civic. The car is too low and very obvious when it meets undulating roads, it keeps hitting the ground anyhow. I'm in Abuja... please help recommend a good place around to go lift it, alongside an idea of the price? Thanks

A civic is low to the ground as designed from the manufacturer. If you can’t drive it like that, please sell it off and get a CRV or pilot or element or any taller vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Ofemmanu1: 8:28am On Oct 02, 2022
kingreign:

I dunno anyone there that I can recommend for you.
Hello boss, I need body parts to facelift my 2007 Accord.
Any plug pls?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:01am On Oct 02, 2022
Ofemmanu1:

Hello boss, I need body parts to facelift my 2007 Accord.

Any plug pls?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by wilsonjay: 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2022
Please help me, it all started when my mechanic change the Steering rack some weeks back, and immediately i noticed the horn was not working and the dashboard is showing that the battery is not charging, I have changed the alternator three times now it burning after some days with different rewire attending to it. Please house i need your help
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by poshemmanuel(m): 10:11pm On Oct 02, 2022
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2022
wilsonjay:
Please help me, it all started when my mechanic change the Steering rack some weeks back, and immediately i noticed the horn was not working and the dashboard is showing that the battery is not charging, I have changed the alternator three times now it burning after some days with different rewire attending to it. Please house i need your help

No name, year of production or model of car.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:54am On Oct 03, 2022
poshemmanuel:
please guys Toyota Camry or Toyota Corolla, which will you advise someone to buy from abroad?

Both are good. Ultimately, it’s for you to decide which fits into your bills and expectations more.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by poshemmanuel(m): 8:23am On Oct 03, 2022
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:31am On Oct 03, 2022
poshemmanuel:

you help me decide because I have little experience for now when it comes to auto mobile (cars), like I said before one will be use for taxi
and car drop while the other will be use for errands (driving to
village sometimes, driving to other states sometimes, driving
to market to get food stuffs etc), student use and personal
use. Very Very important things to consider for these two cars
are fuel-efficient, cheap and easy to maintain, good on Nigeria
roads and available cheap parts. I am really confused, please
what's your advice? please help me decide on the two cars for that purpose above to buy from abroad

Corolla

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.