Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista (23081 Views)

Betta Edu: When Obasanjo, Yar'adua Were Presidents - TonyeBarcanista / 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista / Nigeria Elections 2023: The Allegations Against The Presidential Contenders -BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by BleedTears: 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ebi2233:

Politics is discussion dont come and say people are worried because how can people be worried over Structureless and strong hold less party?

Anybody who know politics know that these people will ask their supporters to vote for the party because they are either coming back or bringing people and all the campaigns are at same time.
8,740 Councillors, 774 LGAs 360 House of Reps
109 Senators,
36 Governors.
Hundreds of thousands of people live from their office because they employ people, help family and help villages and Labour Party own none of these and you say wetin??
Councillor, Assembly members, Reps members, Senators, Governors all with their supporters with so many people.
Are either coming back or supporting their party candidates.

PDP and APC don share am finish
No one Obi get and you say win wetin??
You think say Presidential Election na councillorship elections?
Don't you know that all these political offices and their millions of people live from there and you say wetin.
think now? Ehn?
Osun Election, Labour Party contested too.
Why dem no win?
All PDP Governors joined forces to allow Adeleke win.
Think now?

Even one state Obi will not win.
PDP and APC have Youths and elders too but Obi have no Governor and his cartel.

Omo this your analysis na zero, na before it works like that. Is like you don't even understand the new electoral process.

Your structure no get power again, structure is just for your structure to rig for you at the lower level.

Now with results being transmitted at the pulling center, your structure has no power to rig or manipulate the results again so na by the peoples vote.

Now you talk about Osun governor.
Who know him?

How many people are talking about him on the social media, how many interviews did he grant to create awareness, how many people rally the state for him.

Oh you think he will use Peter Obi influence to win when nobody knows him?

Sorry it doesn't work that way again.

If it's before that your machinery structure will rig for you then, you can use anybody influence to win.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Adeoye11(m): 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2022
Make I shock una, if you like cast stones at me nah Yu know, politics is all about mathematics, formular and people mobilization.
Infact if you notice in your respective areas and streets a kind of political sensitization of the main people that vote and by that I mean the average traders and the illiterates have started, I was privilege to have passed across a big political figure of APC vying for governorship post in Ibadan, and all I can see there are these people we call illiterate, the iya alatas and the agberos and I asked myself that where are the elites ?
Well elites are in their offices, on Twitter and the likes, my people let me tell you the fact if you wanna win election you have to be on the streets, dinning and giving out to the street in all levels not on social media. Then I said to myself cause I was able to ask some of them what they were doing at that aspirant I mentioned codedly and you won't believe it was just a meeting where Amala and meat only Is been eaten.
Imagine see ehn youth If you want to help Nigeria let's gather ourselves for grassroots sensitization to the grassroots people on the looming danger these politician had caused and will still cause.
I have run through alot of people saying ehn this and that, this is who will win and so on
forget about who wins it's about how to we want Nigeria to be. And from what I discovered and if you are observant and you follow news, these people are going abroad to have meetings ! Let me burst your brain if you dunno those meetings are for sharing formula of who gets who and sharing formula not for the good, abi what will you call a baba of about 80 something or 90 self still moving about putting mouth In Nigeria politics ? Does that means he was a saviour when he was serving?

In all this epistle election and electioneering cannot for now solve our numerous problems, irrespective of who wins, we can't at this time be doing trial and error with our lives, children means of livelihood, cost of living , standard of living, education, health,future etc.

It's about affirming and envisioning , sitting down and discuss how we wants Nigeria to become which can only be done through referendum, even if your messiah that is moving the wave on social media should peradventure wins, believe you me "He will carry an albatross higher than that of Jonathan" which will be what we will fight for the next four years of such a person reign, the reason been that some region will still cause lots of havoc to him.
Abi how do you or him intend to solve the problem that will arise from the upper and lower Chambers of your country which he may not get the 2% of people that will be there?

Youth let's think oo, it's about us , it's about our future our nation , our life.
I rest my case.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Adeoye11(m): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
BleedTears:

Omo this your analysis na zero, na before it works like that. Is like you don't even understand the new electoral process.

Your structure no get power again, structure is just for your structure to rig for you at the lower level.

Now with results being transmitted at the pulling center, your structure has no power to rig or manipulate the results again so na by the peoples vote.

Now you talk about Osun governor.
Who know him?

How many people are talking about him on the social media, how many interviews did he grant to create awareness, how many people rally the state for him.

Oh you think he will use Peter Obi influence to win when nobody knows him?

Sorry it doesn't work that way again.

If it's before that your machinery structure will rig for you then, you can use anybody influence to win.

You no dey follow news brother , if you are tech related you will know that anything online can be manipulated, if that is the case will you be there to arrest them?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Marpol2021(m): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
That's your opinion. Keep analysis rubbish, what God determine shall be done.
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Tonye Barcanista is a political analyst and social commentator. He writes on Nairaland.com and @TonyeBarcanista on Twitter
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
Barryseal:

Tonye, do you know that even in your Pdp cell meetings at ward level, people are openly saying they will work for Pdp at the state level but Obi at the federal level? I happen to be in such a gathering and it's very clear the Atiku boat have sailed.
Pdp will not win a single local government in the better South, come 2023. Bookmark this.
This is hilarious �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Marpol2021(m): 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ebi2233:

Politics is discussion dont come and say people are worried because how can people be worried over Structureless and strong hold less party?

Anybody who know politics know that these people will ask their supporters to vote for the party because they are either coming back or bringing people and all the campaigns are at same time.
109 Senators,
36 Governors.
Hundreds of thousands of people live from their office because they employ people, help family and help villages and Labour Party own none of these and you say wetin??
Councillor, Assembly members, Reps members, Senators, Governors all with their supporters with so many people.

Don't you know that all these political offices and their millions of people live from there and you say wetin.
think now? Ehn?
Why dem no win?
Think now?

time shall tell.... Obi is the next president of Nigeria.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Dvdpity: 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2022
While choosing your presidential candidate, remember:

1. Lekki toll gate massacre

2. Dollar rate to Naira today!

3. Sponsors of Bandits

4. Negotiators with bandits/herdsmen

5. The raid on judges

6. The killings going on in the North East/North West/North Central. And killings of our security forces and civilians with racklessness.

7. The killings in the Niger Delta

9. The cost of Diesel, petrol and kerosine

10. The dollar they shear to delegate to buy our freedom

11. Nigeria is still in darkness no light! National grid is dead!

12. Traveling by road, rail, flight is at your own risk

13. End SARS and wicked government officials who concealed Nigerians' food in warehouses because of elections

14. All their fake promises

15. Nigeria is the world poverty capital even though we are the 7th oil producing nation in the world

16. Your heroes are in detensions simply because they demanded justice and equity

19. As developed as France is, a 39year old youths took over power and is re elected President!

20. The schools our children are attending have no roofs and is always flooded when it rains

21. The present RULERS have no ideas on how to govern or move the country forward

22. We were once united, irrespective of religion or ethnic background until we made the greatest mistake of our lives in 2015

23. the N5000, N10,000 you take to vote a thief will hunt your generation

24. Millions are looking for food to eat

25. Remember ASUU is still on strike which seems to be an annual festival in the country, whereas these politicians have their children schooling uninterruptible abroad

26. Some politicians take governance as their family business, say no to such people.

27. Use your brain, don't let any man control your destiny. We are all equal before God.

28. Politicians that became rich overnight stole our common wealth. They killed, destroyed and maimed to attain that position. They are not fit to be there. They are evil with blood stains on their hands. God's judgement is waiting for them.

It is not about party but the individual that God has brought to effect the true change we all desire. Don't be deceived by party politics, we must take back our country. Be wise. Vote Obi/Ahmed to take this country out of the hands of APC/PDP ocultic vultures.

He who has ears, let him hear.

Please keep sharing to groups
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Scamburster(m): 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2022
Alphasoar:
Lol, you hurriedly added RMK so that people will not think you are targetting Obi as a 'PRETENDER'. Remove Sen Kwankwaso and write Obi with your full chest. APC dey talk PDP agents too dey follow talk for this presidential election grin grin
Wicked �
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by obailala(m): 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2022
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Tonye Barcanista is a political analyst and social commentator. He writes on Nairaland.com and @TonyeBarcanista on Twitter
SO much delusion in one post...
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by NOwazobia: 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2022
Sitwalkstand:
The man to beat in this election is Peter Obi.

He is currently underrated but wait till election draws closer. You will see palpitation of the opposition

Join this rally, plan to attend
the palpitations are already there, the reason for lengthy articles daily against a structureless man.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Okoroawusa: 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
Tonyebarcanista, you see that this life no balance?

Majority of the people attacking you here were Atikulating with you in 2019. So I leave you to do the math...

Hahahaha!... 2023 go funny die!

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by vince2016(m): 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2022
Firstcitizen:
Na for only Naija pesin go wake up carry title like Political Analyst, Economic Analyst etc without proper education to back am up like this mumu wey dey write nonsense

I somehow feel the need to respond to this your post. You see this is a platform for everyone to write. The writer only analyse the political situation base on facts and opinions from his political prism. Things are changing and individual can only analyse and predict base on unfolding events and happenings till February next year.
You can counter his views by a more superior argument not insults and name calling. Personally, I believe Obi is force to be reckoned with. He is a major concerns to both APC and PDP. If he will eventually win or not is what makes the race quite interesting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Kajaard: 5:57pm On Aug 31, 2022
TriCee:
Lol, this yeye op that comes around only during elections to type nonsense.

Lol cheesy grin cheesy
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by MrBachelor: 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2022
Your opinion.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Mercisharelove(f): 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ebi2233:

109 Senators,
36 Governors.

think now? Ehn?
Why dem no win?
Think now?

ALL I see is fear, it's all over you. You can't deny it. It's written in your concord
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by sammytovic(m): 6:01pm On Aug 31, 2022
That is where most of you get your calculations and permutations wrong . So you think only people you meet are the only one to decide who wins. No wonder when you finally get to know who wins, you start shouting election is rigged.
djon78:

By February we go know whether Peter Obi na pretender or not.

Almost all the people I talk to, 80% are rooting for Peter Obi

But by February we go know how far

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by tholhusomhie: 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
Walahi Kwankwaso na pretender for this game.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by IfnobeGod20: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
This write up would have made more meaning if it was done in good conscience and not sound political.
Tony, if you think PDP will have any inroad in SE in next presidential election, you're deceiving yourself and those that will believe you. In next year Presidential election, the whole SE will stand still for Peter Obi and there is no shortcut to that. Since Atiku has been contesting SE and SS have been his strongholds where he scoop votes but this time around, another sheriff is contesting in whom they love and have confidence in.
SE is no going place for any party, except Peter Obi decided to step down later for another contender, else, he will scoop 80-90% votes in SE. He will also do well in SS, even your state, Rivers, PDP cannot get up to the votes they got in 2019 in the next presidential election, just because of Peter Obi. I am forecast between 45-55% votes for Peter Obi.
In the south west that people think Tinubu will win heavily, he cannot win it that way. The zone will be a battle ground for both APC, PDP and LP. I am give APC (55%), PDP (15%) and LP (30%)
In NE PDP (50%), APC (35%), LP (10%), NNPP(5%)
In NW PDP (30%), APC (25%), LP (5%), NNPP (40%)
In NC is a battle ground for the parties but I am sure APC will win Kwara and Kogi, PDP will win Taraba and Niger while the remaining states are swings states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Maobichek: 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ebi2233:

109 Senators,
36 Governors.

think now? Ehn?
Why dem no win?
Think now?

Good evening, i see your fear, a vote for Obi is an advantage to APC, this you have confirmed.

You should have channel your thread on how to convince PO to align with Atiku and not this "rythorics." This thread shows your fear and it's total balderdash to opined that PO will not win even a single state.

PDP still have 7 months to talk to PO which i don't know how possible it would be, though all politicians are the same but it's likely impossible for PO/LP to stepdown for Atiku.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Ebi2233: 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2022
Maobichek:

Good evening, i see your fear, a vote for Obi is an advantage to APC, this you have confirmed.

You should have channel your thread on how to convince PO to align with Atiku and not this "rythorics." This thread shows your fear and it's total balderdash to opined that PO will not win even a single state.

PDP still have 7 months to talk to PO which i don't know how possible it would be, though all politicians are the same but it's likely impossible for PO/LP to stepdown for Atiku.

Fear for a structure less party?
Mumu talk.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by atinga1: 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ebi2233:

109 Senators,
36 Governors.

think now? Ehn?
Why dem no win?
Think now?

The fact that you actually believe this nonsense you wrote, says a lot about your mental capacity.
If you had said he won't win any state outside SE, it might be a lot understandable. But to say he won't win any state makes you look like the PDP paid hack you are.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by nnssnnss: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2022
casualobserver:
The sad this about the Obidient movement is that when he loses, people will be demoralized and only in the aftermath and post morterm will they realise they missed a chance for genuine change not because Obi lost but because Obi was the wrong person to spearhead the movement.

An opportunity for a genuine paradigm shift will probably never come again because the wrong person is heading it, a movement for a new order headed by Peter Obi is ab initio a fraudulent movement!!! APGA for 10 years PDP, PDp for 8years, a member of Jonathans Govt for 3, Vice presidential candidate to Atiku, a member of 3 different political parties, one of the biggest importers of basic consumer goods including the much derided imported toothpicks, no factory to his name, no gasp on the issues and ideas except telling us the problems we all know....the man is a fraud and it is a travesty to those who want a new order that this charlatan is the one spearheading the movement.

it will go down as a generational opportunity wasted because poor thinking Nigerians decided to make an opportunist, a con man and a charlatan the arrowhead of the change movement.

The problem with Obi failing (as he will) is that the 2 parties will consolidate their grip on power knowing the risk of a genuine new order and how close they could have come to extinction if they (the so called Obidients) only had a credible and more acceptable leader. Furthermore many of the youth behind the Obidient movement will be older and age makes us all less enthusiastic and more cynical and accepting of the status quo…especially if he is humbled at the polls!!! It will only serve to “prove” the fallacy to many that you cannot win an election unless you are in one of the 2 big parties, when in reality the reason the Obidient movement failed is that it was flawed from the beginning, based on falsehoods and emotion and lacking ideology, a clearly articulated plan and most importantly a credible figure head which is what you need to upset the status quo anywhere.

True
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Onyipk: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2022
buksarki:
Every rubbish will make front page once is against Obi. Among Obi and other candidates who look like contender and pretenders, useless rubbish

Don't bother yourself with the writings of cretins.
Their opinion is usually worse than myopic.

God willing, Peter Obi is the new president of Nigeria come 2023.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Ebi2233: 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2022
Onyipk:

Don't bother yourself with the writings of cretins.
Their opinion is usually worse than myopic.

God willing, Peter Obi is the new president of Nigeria come 2023.

Obi will win only online.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Ebi2233: 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2022
atinga1:

The fact that you actually believe this nonsense you wrote, says a lot about your mental capacity.
If you had said he won't win any state outside SE, it might be a lot understandable. But to say he won't win any state makes you look like the PDP paid hack you are.

Stop deceiving yourself even his own Governor have come out and say his people should vote Apga and that's not Obi.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Built2last: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
porthouse7:
coming where? To rescue biafra

Yes
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by madjune(m): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2022
Pandev:
cheesy

TonyeBarcanista, many zombiedients won't know him on this forum. One of the hardest, oldest PDP members of nairaland. I'm sure he used PDP as a stepping stone to greater heights, he now comes here once in a while, sharp man. But make you leave matter for Mattias, na Tinubu get 2023, Atiku don lule.

Don't mind the foolish Barcanista.

I remember how our group dragged it with him in 2015 and how he later came begging, sending me messages on my email.

He was dead broke for long years since Jonathan left.

I'm surprised to see him suddenly awake. Maybe na Vampite afterall.

We remain Obedient 2023.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
@Tonye Barcanista are you saying the OBIdient rallies that have been holding across several states in the country with mammoth crowds count for nothing in the presidential race? perhaps you are unaware of them. Peter Obi is not a pretender in this race and the sooner you accept it the better.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Firstcitizen: 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2022
vince2016:

I somehow feel the need to respond to this your post. You see this is a platform for everyone to write. The writer only analyse the political situation base on facts and opinions from his political prism. Things are changing and individual can only analyse and predict base on unfolding events and happenings till February next year.
You can counter his views by a more superior argument not insults and name calling. Personally, I believe Obi is force to be reckoned with. He is a major concerns to both APC and PDP. If he will eventually win or not is what makes the race quite interesting.

First, lets check what the word 'pretender' means. It refers to one that claims or acts as if something is different from what it actually is. In the Nigeria context this could be regarded as a conman or a liar. Very insensitive and derogatory.

Nigerians just jump on titles anyhow. My guess is Nigerians don't even know how to become a political analyst or what a political analyst does. Going by his antecedents over the years he is a paid social media political commentator that influences nobody.

I did not bother to read the article but did check the headers. The fact that this creek trained political 'anal'-lyst will use such disrespectful and derogatory terms to describe candidates speaks volume and he does deserve insults. Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Belleful: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2022
Kwakwasiya no join. Na three horse race.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Adexxi(m): 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2022
Ma Atiku get 2023 . Truth is bitter tho ...oto òrò korò.
Pandev:
cheesy

TonyeBarcanista, many zombiedients won't know him on this forum. One of the hardest, oldest PDP members of nairaland. I'm sure he used PDP as a stepping stone to greater heights, he now comes here once in a while, sharp man. But make you leave matter for Mattias, na Tinubu get 2023, Atiku don lule.
Re: 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2022
It appears the dumbest Nigerians always some how find their way into APC. Why didn't you use Ogun, Osun, Ondo or any other South western states besides Lagos? Is BAT not the Leader of the South-West again? Apparently Its only you guys that cannot fathom that Lagos was the nation's capital for many years.
blamingthedevil:
God Bless Incoming President Bola Tinubu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From John Odigie-Oyegun 80th Birthday Celebration / Ayo Adebanjo: Buhari Wants To Provoke Nigerians To Go To War / Osinbajo, Gowon, Jonathan, Others Attend Shonekan’s Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.