Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women (6527 Views)

He Is Sexually Attracted To Pregnant Women / Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women / Beautiful Pregnant Women(with Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 09, 2011
In full support. cool Baby steps till we get there. Just a matter of time. kiss
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by emmatok(m): 10:34pm On Aug 09, 2011
You decide to get a woman pregnant

What is all this talk about impregnating a woman.

If the sex is consensual and not with an under-age, then their is no problem.

They both had sex and they should both iron it out.

So you don't have to blame the man for the pregnancy.

We don't want law that will make men start running away from women o o.

Because we already have to much gay men in Nigeria. grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by lastpage: 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^^^ What about "woman-lover-woman"?

Equation will always balance except that some are always looking for the easy way out! wink

On a more serious note, l would rather NOT a law be passed than manufacture laws that cannot be enforced, even if the will is there!

Someone has asked but let me re-enforce the question: Since there are 36 states in Nigeria, with a"federal System of governance & Constitution", if some guy and lady "made it" somewhere between Shagamu and Lagos Toll-gate, which law would govern the "abandonment"? grin

Now, imagine you ask someone who just came on "Police Training" in Lagos and decides to "shine" that babe who is also silly enough not to insist on Condom or take her "afterwards" Pills. Well, she wan marry officer but before BRF could alert his Prison guards to action, my guy has left for Sokoto! shocked shocked

Can BRF force him to come down to Lagos to serve his abandonment jail time?  wink

What if the guy is a complete NOBODY and disappears into "thin air"? With A Nigeria that has no central database!
Before you know it, "fine gaals" in Lagos will begin to notice that guys are avoiding them like a plague or worse still view them with a kind of "u wan trap me with pregnancy" suspicious look! grin

By the way, I notice a lot of women are "clapping for this law" but let me ask (and you're free to swear at me this time!), does it appear to us that women are always looking for a "cheap slice of bread", when it comes to their dealings with men? Are women really falling for this inferiority complex, to men?

What if the guy contacts V.D.  grin during the intercourse, l bet the woman will be compelled to pay his Hospital Bills too! grin

We should stop making ourselves the butt of ridiculous jokes, amongst other nations.

BRF can do better than this (l respect his acumen at times), even Tinubu with his Toronto degree can do better than this how much more a SENIOR ADVOCATE OF NIGERIA? Lawyer

As a mater of fact, after sending the "father of your child" to jail, l hope the lot of "Lagos women" are prepared to give the child a "good explanation", when the child begins to ask for "My Daddy"!
The explanation could read like: Fashola made me imprison him so that "I" WOULD NOT SUFFER ABANDONMENT! grin grin
Child: And What am l suffering now? cry cry

Hmmmmm!
Some Daddy's take a while to "come around" from the "shock of fatherhood" but end up being (becoming) very adoring to the little tot

All the same, l know a lot of Nigerian men cherish their "loved' women and their unborn child, to even give a hoot about BRF's ill-conceived abandonment law.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by emmatok(m): 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2011
I was wondering why NL turned the word, g.a.y woman into woman-lover-woman lol.

But on a serious note, this law will create a gap btw single women and men.

Because some women will take advantage of the situation.

A woman can deliberately get pregnant knowing the man will be forced to support her.

Then men will start suspecting every move made by their GFs.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by Sagamite(m): 12:17am On Aug 10, 2011
lastpage:

Someone has asked but let me re-enforce the question: Since there are 36 states in Nigeria, with a"federal System of governance & Constitution", if some guy and lady "made it" somewhere between Shagamu and Lagos Toll-gate, which law would govern the "abandonment"? grin

Eh-ehn!

Good idea!

If I take them to my Shagamu to knack them, I can not be held responsible by Lagos.

I likey! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by clemcykul(f): 8:08am On Aug 10, 2011
nice one, our moral values gat to be stepped up, its high time.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by agitator: 9:17am On Aug 10, 2011
So many people on this forum grew up during the military era and they think things are always done by order. Sorry, in a democracy, some laws don't hold water. See how guys who are not lawyers have taken this new LAW to the cleaners, not to talk of a paid lawyer in court. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by chiozor: 9:31am On Aug 10, 2011
wht if we reside in Lagos and we went on little vacation in Calabar and you got pregnant in Calabar there?what happens?
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by Koolking(m): 1:24pm On Aug 10, 2011
This law is toothless.

So, imprisoning a man who purportedly abondoned a pregnant woman is the remedy to the pregnant woman's predicament. Does his imprisonment translates to the moral and financial supports of the pregnant woman?

As long as the woman was not raped, she had all the time, right to say 'no' to unprotective sex.

We are more intelligent than this.

Is it not expedient for government to establish social responsibility centres to handle this kind of case than this 'law rigmarole'?

This kind of law could create a lot of tensions in a relationship between a man and a woman. We may have more female rapists than male, all in the name of getting pregnant for a man who never wants them.

I don't subscribe to the law.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by MrsChima(f): 2:04pm On Aug 10, 2011
LMAO@the Nigerian men OPPOSING the law. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by Anvaller: 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2011
Garbage!!!

I dont know what these people are thinking. Such law can not nail anybody. Unless the accuse pleads guilty ab-initio. Which will be very exceptional. What is abandonment!!! What if the guy claimed that they both had no pregnancy agreement between them and she even told him that she was on family planning? How would you prove him wrong? in this case, the guy can also claim that the lady has caused psychological damage to him by breaching their agreement and coming up with pregnancy. where are the witnesses? U cant tell whose claim is true or false, their agreement is not written on paper. You cant call a guy a criminal for these kind of thing.
The court can't jail nobody for that, the only thing is that the court will rule that since the pregnancy is his, irrespective of which circumstances led to it, he must share the responsility will the lady. Such responsibility must only be directly connected to the pregnancy and not other issues in the lady's life.

Some are saying it is criminal, how?Crime is totally different, accuse in this case could only be pronounced to have committed a tort which means civil wrong. The court may order the guy without option to share the responsibility of caring for the kid. And thats all.

This is a mickey mouse law.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by hannydarl(f): 10:56pm On Aug 10, 2011
@patric if you abandon a woman who got pregnant for you and she sues after the baby is born and proves that you are the dad and that you refused to take resppnsibility I believe it can still be seen as abandonment of a pregnant woman. Anyway I think the woman can only sue after it is proven beyound doubt that the man is the father. I feel the law is to make men take responsibility for fear that if he denies the woman and then she proves that he is the father after baby comes he he can still be sued and punished. Abandonning a pregnant woman is the same wether baby is in the womb now or has been born aslong as she was abandoned after the law was passed the woman can sue.
Besides you have dirty mouth o. E remain small make you fight me physically that your reply to my post carry power. Take your frustration somewhere else. If dem send you I jump am pass.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by Sagamite(m): 5:33am On Aug 11, 2011
hannydarl:

@patric if you abandon a woman who got pregnant for you and she sues after the baby is born and proves that you are the dad and that you refused to take resppnsibility I believe it can still be seen as abandonment of a pregnant woman. Anyway I think the woman can only sue after it is proven beyound doubt that the man is the father. I feel the law is to make men take responsibility for fear that if he denies the woman and then she proves that he is the father after baby comes he he can still be sued and punished. Abandonning a pregnant woman is the same wether baby is in the womb now or has been born aslong as she was abandoned after the law was passed the woman can sue.
Besides you have dirty mouth o. E remain small make you fight me physically that your reply to my post carry power. Take your frustration somewhere else. If dem send you I jump am pass. 

Does Nigeria have the facilities for doing these paternity tests?

Who would pay for the tests? Tax payers? Or the man? Or the woman?

What is termed as abandonment? He should sit with her whilst she is pregnant? He has to speak to her while pregnant and cheer her up? He has to date her and not date anyone else?

If the abandonment is financial and not emotional, is there any law that necessitates what healthcare she should receive while pregnant to be able to judge if he has neglected some financial responsibilities? Women are capable of giving birth without need for medical experts, we as humans did it for ages. How can he challenge unnecessarily hospital visits when he is responsible for the funding? Is he responsible for all or only half?

How can this law be implemented? Are the police even trained to be able to assess if an arrest is warranted? Do they understand the fundamentals of all I put above to make the decision?

What these women need to do is close their legs to irresponsible men. If you can't, use contraception and only get pregnant in wedlock. Women always want rights without responsibilities or accountability.

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y9BukEBI9c[/flash]
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by agitator: 8:20am On Aug 11, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

the desperate old hags are already dancing. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by Gbenge77(m): 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2011
I have doubts over the full implementation of this law.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by lastpage: 8:28pm On Aug 11, 2011
@Sagamite
What these women need to do is close their legs to irresponsible men. If you can't, use contraception and only get pregnant in wedlock. Women always want rights without responsibilities or accountability.

Told them please! grin grin

If its not "despoil" then its consensual and why would one party be punished for the "result" while the other benefits?

WHY CANT WOMEN JUST CLOSE THEIR LEGS to irresponsible men? Or use protection? That can be that difficult naaah!

Okay, maybe its because of the "shine-shine effizy" that they so too focused on!
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by Princek12(m): 10:41am On Aug 12, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

LMAO at the Nigerian women supporting the law! If a so called responsible woman does not spread her legs for irresponsible men she has little to worry about.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by agitator: 11:33am On Aug 12, 2011
Princek12:

LMAO at the Nigerian women supporting the law! If a so called responsible woman does not spread her legs for irresponsible men she has little to worry about.

Tell them bro grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by talulah(f): 11:43am On Aug 12, 2011
lipsrsealed Rubbish

How about a bill that enforces protected sex and responsible actions outside of marriage. HIV is surely on the rise in 9ja.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by ShyOne(f): 8:46pm On Aug 12, 2011
I didn't read the link yet

But I HOPE THAT - paternity tests are taken AFTER THE BABY IS BORN so the wrong man ISN'T JAILED.

Other than that - I LOVE FASHOLA'S INTENT - I HAIL THEE NIGERIA.

RUB OFF ON THE UNITED STATES - ABEG

Snatch them up off the streets in the U.S.

yipppeee yi yayyyyyy!!!

whoopppeeee

I am really looking forward to visiting Nigeria even more now.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by lastpage: 12:48am On Aug 13, 2011
^^^^And please for Gawd's sake, l hope you are good at "identifying any of those irresponsible men" on our streets?

Better still, please come-around with "Bags of Protection"! grin grin

If everything fails, (like Customs/immigration stealing your bags of imported "protection"wink,[b] Please do the need-ful! ZIP-IT UP TIGHTLY![/b] wink wink
Wish you a safe trip down to our beloved country.

BTW: There is this story of one rasz-guy who impregnated two ladies (i did not say Tuface o! grin ) about the same-time, abandoned them to live at Sagamu (Ogun State) and NOW, he gat to face Fashola twice!

The story is that each of the two ladies wants to have a go at him FIRST, using the law while the latter fears once imprisoned by the first, she would be deprived of her own sweet revenge!

The guy as l understand claims he is "living-in with another pregnant lady" at the moment, in Sagamu and therefore cannot be accused of "abandonment"!
He suggests the other two come down to his house in Sagamu or else, he would sue both of them for desertion!
shocked shocked shocked

What the heck is this? Where is our in-house Lawyer on this one?
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by Zahnda(f): 2:51am On Aug 13, 2011
Is the use of contraceptives prohibited in Nigeria? How about condoms?
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by tpia5: 2:55am On Aug 13, 2011
reduces the enjoyment.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by ShyOne(f): 4:33am On Aug 13, 2011
lastpage:

^^^^And please for Gawd's sake, l hope you are good at "identifying any of those irresponsible men" on our streets?

Better still, please come-around with "Bags of Protection"! grin grin

If everything fails, (like Customs/immigration stealing your bags of imported "protection"wink,[b] Please do the need-ful! ZIP-IT UP TIGHTLY![/b] wink wink
Wish you a safe trip down to our beloved country.

BTW: There is this story of one rasz-guy who impregnated two ladies (i did not say Tuface o! grin ) about the same-time, abandoned them to live at Sagamu (Ogun State) and NOW, he gat to face Fashola twice!

The story is that each of the two ladies wants to have a go at him FIRST, using the law while the latter fears once imprisoned by the first, she would be deprived of her own sweet revenge!

The guy as l understand claims he is "living-in with another pregnant lady" at the moment, in Sagamu and therefore cannot be accused of "abandonment"!
He suggests the other two come down to his house in Sagamu or else, he would sue both of them for desertion!
shocked shocked shocked

What the heck is this? Where is our in-house Lawyer on this one?

shocked

I am going to "rock his socks off" as soon as I get to Nigeria - ONE MAN ONLY FOR SHY-ONE

(just kidding - somewhat anyway - "the one-man-only" part is real)

thanks for the info.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by Lax75(m): 4:59am On Aug 13, 2011
Before you lot start to applaud this bill, one should ask about some pertinent details. For example, what would constitute "abandonment?" From this determination one would now move onto "how would the law be enforced and how will the guilty be apprehended?" If "abandonment" means that a man denies being the father of a child etc., are the facilities in place to run Paternity tests? If there is no child support system in the country, and irresponsible men/fathers don't have to abide by such mandates, how would the bill define "abandonment?"
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by lastpage: 11:27pm On Aug 13, 2011
@Shy-one
I am going to "rock his socks off" as soon as I get to Nigeria - ONE MAN ONLY FOR SHY-ONE

(just kidding - somewhat anyway - "the one-man-only" part is real)

thanks for the info.

From the way you sound, the excitement of your tone, l have a very strong feeling that he must be a good guy! No need to worry about Fashola in any way! grin
Not one of those "abandoning" mofos!

Rock him gently please and keep an eye on him!

There is Man-Shortage (l mean responsible men o! wink )

Cheers
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by Tunmi(f): 12:34am On Aug 15, 2011
@lastpage thank you for outlining this. I was getting irritated at the women who were supporting this. As if, we're just supposed to ignore our part in this. I would love to shoot this down in a court of law.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by tpia5: 4:48am On Aug 15, 2011
easy to have s.ex, not easy to raise children.
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by BABE3: 5:24am On Aug 15, 2011
How come they always pass these irrelevant, too-domestic a matter bills for fashola to sign? First it was law against flogging, now this?!

They might as well tell him to sign the "Women, Close Your Damn Legs" bill! That's pretty important to balance the bill signing equation!
Re: Fashola Signs Law Against Abandonment Of Pregnant Women by Naomi28: 11:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
Am going through the same thing. Boyfriend abandoned me with pregnancy, he said I should never contact nor come close to him again' the last time I went to meet him for assistant he beat me up and left me in a critical condition but thank God am ok. I really I need help cause he has refuse to assist me in anyway. Am confuse and frustratedAm going through the same thing. Boyfriend abandoned me with pregnancy, he said I should never contact nor come close to him again' the last time I went to meet him for assistant he beat me up and left me in a critical condition but thank God am ok. I really I need help cause he has refuse to assist me in anyway. Am confuse and frustratedAm going through the same thing. Boyfriend abandoned me with pregnancy, he said I should never contact nor come close to him again' the last time I went to meet him for assistant he beat me up and left me in a critical condition but thank God am ok. I really I need help cause he has refuse to assist me in anyway. Am confuse and frustrated

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's Wrong With My Girl ?? (picture) / Lady With Rashes On Her Bumbum Spotted Dancing In The Club / Should I Sack Her Or Continue To Manage Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.