Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies (16316 Views)

Bola Tinubu: Some Igbo are afraid of paying taxes.... / APC Primary: How Osinbajo, Fayemi, Amosun Will Cut Tinubu’s SW Votes / Pastor Osinbanjo(cut Him Some Slack Biko) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by kingyakos: 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
Perhaps you are right he shouldn't have quoted the Bible so as not to make some "intolerant" Christians attack him. Maybe he didn't use the right word, but I just want us to understand the context of his speech and what he hoped to communicate while using that event from the Bible.

Is that how he will be communicating, talking nonsense and out of context or speaking in parables when representing Nigeria in global stage?...
Another buhari will never afflict this country, never again.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by ahbaycity(m): 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
Mstick:
There's a popular saying, I am responsible for what I say and not how you understand it.

Bola Tinubu spoke about speaking in tongues and not speaking in a different language which are two different things in biblical context.

1) You cannot say exactly what he's referring to except you're Bola Tinubu. Which means he needs to speak clearly.

2) The Christians that heard what he said understood exactly what he meant.

3) Tinubu is a Muslim maybe he should concentrate on the Koran and leave the Bible or whatever it contains alone, wouldn't you agree?

When did you turn to God with your myopic view and hatred for Tinubu

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Danniedpastor(m): 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
But I saw the video too, he held the flag for over a minute before Buhari and others held it together with him. People made it seem he couldn't even hold the flag, but he held it by himself for over a minute before other joined him. Perhaps they joined him to let everyone know that Tinubu won't govern alone but will have a retinue of APC party faithful that will govern with him. That it will be not just a Tinubu government but an APC government as well.

On the number of youths he would recruit into the army, perhaps it was a slip. I'm sure he will clarify when asked by the media in an interview.

You guys live to tell lies yet, very poor at it. When did you start counting your one minute from? His hands started trembling before he touched the flag. It was obvious he needed help.
Secondly, its only a senseless person that would wait this long to clarify a simple "misconception". Did he commit the blunder during an interview? So, why wait for an interview to clarify your blunder?

Anyways, keep defending nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Theunbothered: 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
Beremx:
Obinoscopy how are you doing? Long time no post.

75 percent of your post reeks of sarcasm though.
A man who cannot hold a mere flag is not fit to rule a large entity like Nigeria. He should keep enjoying the loot of Lagos and leave Nigeria for those who are physically sound.

Btw, I wonder why Seun would change Tinubu Urchins to Tinubu supporters. For what reason?

Because he's one of them, if you follow him on twitter he doesn't hide it.

Why do you think this website allows so many APC trolls and disinformation agents to post lies freely?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
Tinubuwins2023e:

Your submission is inconsequential. Unintelligent people like your kind are irrelevant

Its only unintelligent people that have to quote from what someone said.
You have no mind of your own, that's why you're quoting me in my mention.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by kingyakos: 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
Disclaimer: I don't support Tinubu's Presidential Bid.

I have noticed the numerous attacks on Tinubu. While some are valid, there are many that are just false and biased.

First is his health. They say his "hand dey shake" and that he pees his pants. They say he can't walk unless he is being held by the hand. But that's not true. I've seen numerous recent videos of him walking by himself and his hands were steady. Nobody, and I repeat, nobody is 100% healthy. So I think its wrong for anyone to brand him unhealthy. He appears healthy to me. Is he healthy enough to be able to juggle the stress of Nigerian presidency, I don't know (maybe he isn't) . But going by the Nigerian constitution, he's fit.

Second is his academic qualifications. I've heard him talk and he seems very academically sound. Even though his primary and secondary schooling appears to be an unsolved mystery, the fact remains that he is academically sound. Also his postgraduate degree seem to be verifiable. Attacking Tinubu's primary school is like attacking a Professor's primary school. So, let's all drop this primary school attacks. He is an almamater of a prestigious university and he is academically sound.

Which leads me to the attacks on the things he said in public. I think Tinubu is a deep thinker and speaks almost in parables/proverbs. So sometimes, it would seem what he is saying is unintelligible. But the reverse is the case. When he was talking about Corn and Agbado, he was simply referring to Agricultural Self Sustainability. When he talked about tongues from the Bible, he was referring to the Babylonian Tower where God made everyone speak in different tongues which is now responsible for human cultural/language diversity (Genesis 11:1 - 9).

So let's cut this man some slack on irrelevant things and attack him on issue based concerns. We should attack him on his policies, on his financial dealings, on his gubernatorial achievements/failures, etc

His party flag he was being assisted to lift it up
NBC conference he was being assisted
Here you are now trying to explain the nonsense he said

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Theunbothered: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
femisplash:
If most zombidients who claimed to be Christians do not understand the basic concept of the tower of Babel as it relates to diversity, then it's safe to say, those folks have a box of empty head sitting on their shoulders.

It has nothing to do with diversity and in fact it tells the opposite story.

People from all over the world came to build the tower but Yahweh spread confusion among them and truncated their achievements out of jealousy.

That may be a sign that the APC plans to disrupt whatever unity Nigeria has left through state mandated tribalism.

You call others empty headed but did not even take the time to properly read any of the text in the story.

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:

I have noticed the numerous attacks on Tinubu. While some are valid, there are many that are just false and biased.

First is his health. They say his "hand dey shake" and that he pees his pants. They say he can't walk unless he is being held by the hand. But that's not true. I've seen numerous recent videos of him walking by himself and his hands were steady. Nobody, and I repeat, nobody is 100% healthy. So I think its wrong for anyone to brand him unhealthy. He appears healthy to me. Is he healthy enough to be able to juggle the stress of Nigerian presidency, I don't know (maybe he isn't) . But going by the Nigerian constitution, he's fit.

Second is his academic qualifications. I've heard him talk and he seems very academically sound. Even though his primary and secondary schooling appears to be an unsolved mystery, the fact remains that he is academically sound. Also his postgraduate degree seem to be verifiable. Attacking Tinubu's primary school is like attacking a Professor's primary school. So, let's all drop this primary school attacks. He is an almamater of a prestigious university and he is academically sound.

Which leads me to the attacks on the things he said in public. I think Tinubu is a deep thinker and speaks almost in parables/proverbs. So sometimes, it would seem what he is saying is unintelligible. But the reverse is the case. When he was talking about Corn and Agbado, he was simply referring to Agricultural Self Sustainability. When he talked about tongues from the Bible, he was referring to the Babylonian Tower where God made everyone speak in different tongues which is now responsible for human cultural/language diversity (Genesis 11:1 - 9).

So let's cut this man some slack on irrelevant things and attack him on issue based concerns. We should attack him on his policies, on his financial dealings, on his gubernatorial achievements/failures, etc
First of all, Tinubu does not have a postgraduate degree. Secondly, education is such that you can't build something on nothing. I personally don't think his educational background should be a subject since he has met the constitutional bar but accountability is one of the requirements in running for public office. Nothing must or should be shrouded in mystery.
Most importantly, the real kernel is that "speaking in tongues" as far as the Bible is concerned is a new testament concept. It is a gift of the holy spirit as itemized in 2 Corinthians 12:7-11.
The tower of Babel incident which spin doctors referred to never called the confusion as "speaking in tongue". It was referred to as confusion of language. So, it's obviously a misspeak if he referred to that incident as speaking in tongues. A man already blighted with the Muslim Muslim controversy should have just stayed away from anything that has to do with religion, not to mention the party that's been smarting from his political decision.
The attempt to show some knowledge of the Bible ended up leaving a bad taste. He should have just stayed off biblical references totally.
However you may look to spin it, the reference was a misspeak that most Christians will find reprehensible.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by AkuOlisa: 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
Obinoscopy:
What he meant is that the reason why we all speak different language was due to what happened on the Babylonian Tower in Genesis. I'm sure you know the story.

You guys are hypocrites.
If it was Peter Obi or Atiku that have been making this blunders would you have asked APC supporters to cut them some slacks ?

Where were you guys when APC supporters were mocking and insulting Peter Obi when he made some mistakes with his statistics quotations ?

People are now reciprocating and following you guys fire for fire and unna begin beg for slacks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by NothingDoMe: 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
Spherica177:
lol nothing i no go see for nairaland o grin grin

You feel sorry for someone who's likely to succeed Buhari? Nawa o
Likely? That a joke? cheesy cheesy
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by WhatCanIsay(m): 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
I agree, Osinbajo would have been a better sell. I also agree that Tinubu would have been an excellent elderstatesman rather than a president. But let's cut the guys some slack. Let's attack him on the relevant things...corruption, bullion van, security policies, APC failures, Media/Press Phobia, etc.

Health is one of the most relevant issues when it comes to leadership, even to lead your small family, health is paramount.

It's interesting to see someone exposed asking Nigeria citizens to cut a sick presidential candidate some slacks! Yes all of us can naturally get sick, but for a geriatric it becomes a more serious issue! Are you even in Nigeria? We have had sick Yar'Adua, sick Buhari that moved the nation backwards on steroids, and now Tinubu that seems to even be affected with cognitive abilities! What's wrong with us in this country? Are we cursed with suffering under bad preventable leaders or what?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by maasoap(m): 9:24pm On Sep 01, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
I hope he also inherited speaking in tongues from the Bible too and other numerous videos of him sometimes talking off point

If you choose not to see what is obvious about him, that's your choice. You cannot say all the evident videos of him on net are false.
Just support the candidate of your choice and don't make it look like what is evident about him is a lie

For me, I don't care what anyone says and doesn't say about him, all what I know is that he's the candidate to beat in 2023 by his one and only rival, Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Landmack: 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:

Your post here is very empty!

You have nothing to say here...okay?!

Because of this man,Lagos is now a laughing stock...a subject of lampoon. If he really knows what’s right for him,he should really come out straight and talk to the pple he claims he will lead.

Obinoscopy his hands are/were really shaking. Amoda is from Iragbiji in Osun state...he should come out and address all what pple have heaped on his head...for how long will he continue hiding from the public?

True Lagosians are not happy with d turn up of events. Tinubu needs to tell everyone the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Babysho(m): 9:27pm On Sep 01, 2022
Mstick:
Here's an idea, how about Tinubu the presidential aspirant speak to us clearly instead of people bringing different interpretations to whatever he means?

A presidential aspirant on live shows? Vividly explaining his vision and his agenda for the country he's planning to govern? No that's too bizarre.
Let's stick to decoding his parables and guessing his intentions for us lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Judolisco(m): 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy is back
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by wavylevel: 9:29pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hope this is satire else F*UCK YOU!

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Landmack: 9:30pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
I agree, Osinbajo would have been a better sell. I also agree that Tinubu would have been an excellent elderstatesman rather than a president. But let's cut the guys some slack. Let's attack him on the relevant things...corruption, bullion van, security policies, APC failures, Media/Press Phobia, etc.

So being a healthy presidential candidate isn’t relevant to Nigerians in choosing who leads them to the right path?

Bia this guy,how old are you?

What crap are u vomiting here fgs!

Are typing all these under duress? Has someone put a gun to ur head? angry

If PO or Atiku was in Amoda’s shoes would u have typed this?

Why’s the whole of Amoda’s life history shrouded in secrecy?

2 Likes

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Padipadi(m): 9:31pm On Sep 01, 2022
DaddyFreeze2020:
I hope he also inherited speaking in tongues from the Bible too and other numerous videos of him sometimes talking off point

If you choose not to see what is obvious about him, that's your choice. You cannot say all the evident videos of him on net are false.
Just support the candidate of your choice and don't make it look like what is evident about him is a lie
He has supported his candidate of choice which is likely to be Tinubu. You too support your own, Freezer.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Ykc2(m): 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2022
They say Muslim Muslim ticket don't matter we asked them if is the other way round Christian Christian ticket what do they think will be happening in the North by now?now they say health issues don't matter,certificates don't matter ,buhari visited London more than 20 times for medical check ups, nothing matters to them again so long is tinubu,a former governor who used 380 girls students to play politics against goodluck Jonathan by handing them over to boko haram members today it doesn't matter so long his with tinubu,
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Psychokinetic: 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:

He should never have brought Buhari to power. That’s the only reason most people don’t want him. And the fact that he continues to rub it in our faces with words like ‘continue with his good works’. Like wtf!

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Landmack: 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2022
Judolisco:
Obinoscopy is back

Back from where pls with a crap piece as this?

I think he better returns to wherever he’s been hibernating.

What load of crap did I just read? angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Owologbo(m): 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:

Trash.
Come out with your full chest and say you are supporting the Agbado master and you are ready to eat Agbado for for years; nobody will scold you.
He confided in you that he communicate in parables?
And since when did Agbado becomes another word for agriculture?

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by IbileIfe: 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2022
Mstick:
There's a popular saying, I am responsible for what I say and not how you understand it.

Bola Tinubu spoke about speaking in tongues and not speaking in a different language which are two different things in biblical context.

1) You cannot say exactly what he's referring to except you're Bola Tinubu. Which means he needs to speak clearly.

2) The Christians that heard what he said understood exactly what he meant.

3) Tinubu is a Muslim maybe he should concentrate on the Koran and leave the Bible or whatever it contains alone, wouldn't you agree?

His beloved wife, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, OON is an ordained Pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), the largest Pentecostal Church in the world where true believers pray and speak in tongues whenever Almighty God gives utterance through His Holy Spirit.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Zeezenho: 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:

We are saying the same thing the idiot can't even think or say right things no more he need urchins like you to always interpret for him ..

Sorry oga we need people like obi that are still well articulated. Don't fail to vote obi for the sake of your children.

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by jojothaiv(m): 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2022
Mstick:
Here's an idea, how about Tinubu the presidential aspirant speak to us clearly instead of people bringing different interpretations to whatever he means?

That will be best thing.
Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by MartinsD12(m): 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:

Trash

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by emerged01(m): 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
MasterJayJay:
Dude, you should do better than this. The video of him being aided to hold Nigerian flag nko?

Deep thinker by saying he will employ 50 million youths into the army?
Go and watch the video without hatred in your heart. The president and the chairman of the party held the flag with him which is the custom of the any party after that he waved the flag by himself.

People like you are the reason op opened this thread.

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:

Good article....and yes, I am not voting for Tinubu myself.

All the man can present is...'I built this, I built that'...yes...but maintenance, new economic policies, new ideas...nil.

Sad that most responders to your post are indulging in abuse...without considering your points...because attacking Tinubu on ideas is not their forte.

At the end, Nigerian politics is all about abuse. That's why Peter Obi, Atiku and Tinubu are all collecting abuse. Meanwhile, no one is prepared to discuss the actual ideas needed. Perhaps they are scared of what they may find?

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Owologbo(m): 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy:
But I saw the video too, he held the flag for over a minute before Buhari and others held it together with him. People made it seem he couldn't even hold the flag, but he held it by himself for over a minute before other joined him. Perhaps they joined him to let everyone know that Tinubu won't govern alone but will have a retinue of APC party faithful that will govern with him. That it will be not just a Tinubu government but an APC government as well.

On the number of youths he would recruit into the army, perhaps it was a slip. I'm sure he will clarify when asked by the media in an interview.

Is printing of money also a slip?
Oga, support your tinubu in peace. No one said you should not have a choice.

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by madridguy(m): 9:40pm On Sep 01, 2022
They are programmed to hate so no point trying to make them understand the incoming president come 2023.

1 Like

Re: Let's Cut Tinubu Some Slack On Irrelevancies by Okoroawusa: 9:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
Obinoscopy.....I don laugh tire o!

I say make I greet you and your people...

Hahahaha!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mile 12: Akiolu, Others Back Assembly Over Market Relocation - VANGUARD / Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye / South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.