Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,045 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

How To Get Settled In Abidjan - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Get Settled In Abidjan (11538 Views)

How To Get Settled In Abidjan / ''We Love Nigeria!" Afro-Americans Happily Settled In Nigeria - Vids / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Babaken(m): 12:43am On Dec 09, 2022
Munachimso30:

I pay 35k where I am, plus 5k electricity and 3k water
And it’s on a ghetto level oh lol
thank you for thant.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by babakb: 8:25am On Dec 09, 2022
pius4luv:
Pls can I apply for their passport ?

Yes, after living there on residence permit for 5 years, become fluent in french and have a means of livelihood.

3 Likes

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Babaken(m): 12:24pm On Dec 09, 2022
Please what's school fees there is like for someone that planning to raise children there.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Okakagodsent: 2:20pm On Feb 09, 2023
If
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Jonadest: 11:33pm On Feb 19, 2023
Are difference between Resident Permit and Resident Card?
I'm in need of Ivory Coast resident Permit but I'm confused about resident card and resident Permit, I need the one that is valid for 5 years
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by babakb: 1:08am On Feb 20, 2023
Jonadest:
I'm in need of Ivory Coast resident Permit but I'm confused about resident card and resident Permit, I need the one that is valid for 5 years

Residence permit and Residence card are the same thing.

The card must not be for 5 years straight, you can keep renewing it.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Lilprocess(m): 10:37am On Feb 20, 2023
Jonadest:
My brother don't allow anybody to deceive you as per as you have your ECOWAS passport and you entered through the right channel, it will be stamped for you at the border, you don't need any resident permit.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by 4getluv: 5:42am On Feb 21, 2023
Interested in moving back if well guided, How do I contact you. The email here is not enabling
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by babakb: 7:49am On Feb 21, 2023
Lilprocess:

My brother don't allow anybody to deceive you as per as you have your ECOWAS passport and you entered through the right channel, it will be stamped for you at the border, you don't need any resident permit.

Yes if he is not staying above 90 days, the ECOWAS agreement allows you to stay for 90 days free in Cote D'Ivoire.

But you need a residence permit if you intend to stay longer than 90 days.

4 Likes

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Umegoejiofor(m): 11:57am On Feb 21, 2023
Good day everyone,I sell electronics at alaba international,I will like to relocate to Abidjan, which business you think is good to start in Abidjan? what about tokubo laptop and like how much is good to start business in Abidjan.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Sukersoc: 6:38am On Mar 28, 2023
Donfanuchi1:
Greetings to you. I hope your endeavours is paying well. For those that know how to cook, restaurant business is very profitable. Apart from the initial investment in shop, materials and foodstuffs the financial outlay is okay. With 700k to 3 million you are good to go.
Profitability is encouraging. The business is a blast from day one. The caveat is your ability to cook tasty dishes. Have a wonderful week!

Hello Don,

I'll like to thank you for this beautiful thread and the generous information you've been sharing about Abidjan. It's been a while though since you last posted. Hope all is well with you. I'll be sending you a mail shortly. Kindly attend to it please. Meanwhile, my interest is in the area of investment opportunities, such as in agriculture you shared here sometime last year.
Hopefully we can talk some more once you respond to my post here or the email.

Please other friends who live in Abidjan can contribute.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Nice2023(m): 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2023
Donfanuchi1:

Rent is from 25k to 100k per month for self contain depending on the area of town. You pay for 5 or 6 months depending on the landlord. Agency takes one month. 3 months deposit and 2 months rent. Shalom.

What if I want to buy a land and build my personal house...what is the position of the law there?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by babakb: 6:44am On Mar 29, 2023
Nice2023:

What if I want to buy a land and build my personal house...what is the position of the law there?

You can only buy land and build if you have your residence permit, Getting the residence permit is not difficult.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Nice2023(m): 7:02am On Mar 29, 2023
babakb:

You can only buy land and build if you have your residence permit, Getting the residence permit is not difficult.

Are u saying I mustn't be a citizen before I can buy a property like it is in Nigeria where u are allowed to get a Nigerian partner before u can buy a land?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by babakb: 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2023
Nice2023:

Are u saying I mustn't be a citizen before I can buy a property like it is in Nigeria where u are allowed to get a Nigerian partner before u can buy a land?

No, I said residence permit, not citizenship.

Go into Cote D'Ivoire with your Nigerian Passport, then go to their Police station and apply for residence permit which can be for 6 months to 2 years and it's renewable.

With your residence permit you can Open a bank account, Open a business, study, work, buy land and any other property, apply for Visa to other countries from there, even Marry if you like cheesy cheesy grin

You don't need to partner with any body to do all these.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Bettyjosh: 10:28pm On Mar 29, 2023
roughdiamond:

Residence permit is 2k at every police station. Driving license is subject to Negotiation. Did mine for 110mil. If he has Nigerian driving permit, he should come with it.
please how do I get the residence permit of Abidjan and how much is it in naira? I was told getting a residence permit is a long process and ì need to get a job which my employer will be involved in the process. Please I need guidance on how to get it as I need one ASAP for us immigrant visa interview transfer
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Umegoejiofor(m): 11:22pm On Mar 29, 2023
Umegoejiofor:
Good day everyone,I sell electronics at alaba international,I will like to relocate to Abidjan, which business you think is good to start in Abidjan? what about tokubo laptop and like how much is good to start business in Abidjan.
please someone should reply me this question
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Dotmanmacsammy(m): 8:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
How is the sales of Wine and Liquor over there?
Learnt most drinks that are been shipped from here in Nigeria are very expensive over there.
Make your research and let me know if you are interested in the business.
That is my line of business here in Nigeria.
You can send me a message on Dotmanmacsammy@gmail.com.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by dep07(f): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
Umegoejiofor:
please someone should reply me this question
let me attempt a response.
I think what you are currently selling in Naija sells here.Electronics generally sells here. I have no idea how much you need to start.
Maybe you come down here make inquiries,there are many Nigérians selling electronics in Adjame.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Umegoejiofor(m): 11:54pm On Apr 21, 2023
dep07:
let me attempt a response.
I think what you are currently selling in Naija sells here.Electronics generally sells here. I have no idea how much you need to start.
Maybe you come down here make inquiries,there are many Nigérians selling electronics in Adjame.
thanks for the reply.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Sukersoc: 7:57am On Apr 22, 2023
Donfanuchi1:
Greetings to you. I hope your endeavours is paying well. For those that know how to cook, restaurant business is very profitable. Apart from the initial investment in shop, materials and foodstuffs the financial outlay is okay. With 700k to 3 million you are good to go.
Profitability is encouraging. The business is a blast from day one. The caveat is your ability to cook tasty dishes. Have a wonderful week!

Guys this guy is a scam. Don't contact him for anything about Abidjan. He does not reside in Abidjan. He's not who he says he is. It will be unfair if I do not put out this warning after what he made me go through.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by tym92(m): 9:50am On Apr 22, 2023
Sukersoc:

Guys this guy is a scam. Don't contact him for anything about Abidjan. He does not reside in Abidjan. He's not who he says he is. It will be unfair if I do not put out this warning after what he made me go through.
Please, shed more light on this so that people will be guided.
Explain more, let's know what transpired between you guys.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Sukersoc: 11:14am On Apr 22, 2023
tym92:

Please, shed more light on this so that people will be guided.
Explain more, let's know what transpired between you guys.

Well to cut the long story short, after stumbling on his thread, i contacted via email, and enquired about investment opportunities in Abidjan since he claimed
to reside there. He then offered to show me and facilitate some business/investment we talked about.

I proposed a date of arrival, but he said he wont be available then because he'll be coming to Nigeria to bury his late Dad. We agreed another travel date, as well as other logistics. Thankfully, I made hotel reservations myself. I was simply to contact him on arrival. Mind you I don't speak French, so he was to help me on arrival. Well, I travelled to Abidjan, and from the moment I arrived, I kept call and messaging him for 3 days without response, only for the crook to chat me on the night of day 3, saying he had to make a quick dash to Abuja in Nigeria. Meanwhile we chatted just the night before my departure(less than 10hours before departure)

Thank God, I wasn't too stupid to put all my eggs in one basket, I would have been messed up big time in a country where I could neither understand nor speak thier language. If he comes here and denies my post, then I'll post our chats and possibly his own voice chats.

The guy is dangerous. I was skeptical at first when I observed some strange patterns in the way messages deliver to his WhatsApp, but when I eventually started conversing with him over voice, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Well, I'm sure he realised I was to smart for his con, and so he went silent on me. People like him make it difficult to trust Nigerians. I never knew someone could be so cold hearted.

So there is your explanation. Anyone dealing with him is dealing with a conman.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Dotmanmacsammy(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2023
I don't know what people stand to gain from all these.

OP are you still there or you are back in Nigeria?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by tym92(m): 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2023
Sukersoc:

Well to cut the long story short, after stumbling on his thread, i contacted via email, and enquired about investment opportunities in Abidjan since he claimed
to reside there. He then offered to show me and facilitate some business/investment we talked about.

I proposed a date of arrival, but he said he wont be available then because he'll be coming to Nigeria to bury his late Dad. We agreed another travel date, as well as other logistics. Thankfully, I made hotel reservations myself. I was simply to contact him on arrival. Mind you I don't speak French, so he was to help me on arrival. Well, I travelled to Abidjan, and from the moment I arrived, I kept call and messaging him for 3 days without response, only for the crook to chat me on the night of day 3, saying he had to make a quick dash to Abuja in Nigeria. Meanwhile we chatted just the night before my departure(less than 10hours before departure)

Thank God, I wasn't too stupid to put all my eggs in one basket, I would have been messed up big time in a country where I could neither understand nor speak thier language. If he comes here and denies my post, then I'll post our chats and possibly his own voice chats.

The guy is dangerous. I was skeptical at first when I observed some strange patterns in the way messages deliver to his WhatsApp, but when I eventually started conversing with him over voice, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Well, I'm sure he realised I was to smart for his con, and so he went silent on me. People like him make it difficult to trust Nigerians. I never knew someone could be so cold hearted.

So there is your explanation. Anyone dealing with him is dealing with a conman.
Donfanuchi1 your attention is needed here. Let's try to always be there for ourselves na, if you can't help simply say NO you can't and not to just leave someone stranded after you've given him hope.

Donfanuchi1, What can you say about this?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by bunmiano: 7:56pm On Dec 21, 2023
Donfanuchi1:
[b][/b]Most people coming to Abidjan, Ivory Coast find it very difficult settling into the country. Issues of traveling, accommodation and business come into play.
I reside in Abidjan, so ask me anything from transportation, housing, business and the life generally here.
Please no insults and unnecessary arguments here. God bless you all.

please, can you kindly check your email

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can An Auxiliary Nurse Be Employed Abroad? / Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada / Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.