Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

How To Get Settled In Abidjan - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Get Settled In Abidjan (11535 Views)

How To Get Settled In Abidjan / ''We Love Nigeria!" Afro-Americans Happily Settled In Nigeria - Vids / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by shyenar999(m): 8:58am On Sep 25, 2022
Donfanuchi1:
[b][/b]Most people coming to Abidjan, Ivory Coast find it very difficult settling into the country. Issues of traveling, accommodation and business come into play.
I reside in Abidjan, so ask me anything from transportation, housing, business and the life generally here.
Please no insults and unnecessary arguments here. God bless you all.

Thanks bro
I met someone yesterday whom has said alot of positive things about ivory coast which you have also said the same infact I must say your words with hers didn't differ.
I am still making up my mind though....so could you please talk about transportation business relative to language barrier.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 11:41am On Sep 25, 2022
shyenar999:

Thanks bro
I met someone yesterday whom has said alot of positive things about ivory coast which you have also said the same infact I must say your words with hers didn't differ.
I am still making up my mind though....so could you please talk about transportation business relative to language barrier.
The French language is the lingua Franca of Ivory Coast. So you need the language to transact business. You need it for communication. The routes are all in french. The people do not understand English. So understanding the language basics is a condition for the business. This is applicable if you will be driving the Kéké or other vehicles as the case may be.
If you are just investing, the need to understand the figures is Paramount. Have a wonderful day ahead.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by cutieme(m): 3:59pm On Sep 25, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

As a lady, the best bet is to invest in it and wait for your daily returns. The time at your disposal can be used for other things. For instance if you are a Stylist, you can start doing something to increase your income. Having multiple sources of income is a good start.
I hope this helps. Shalom!
How much is the Keke?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2022
cutieme:

How much is the Keke?
There are 4 types. The price range is 1.3 million cfa to 1.6million cfa.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Trustwallet(m): 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

What is the exhange rate now, the black market rate?

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by cutieme(m): 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

Ok,pls how viable is teaching jobs there?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by saysugar(m): 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2022
Pls is there something like Uber/bolt transportation business in abijan
Donfanuchi1:
I will answer your questions one after the other:
1. There are lots of viable businesses to do. The easiest ones are:
A. Restaurant business
B. Transportation.
C. Clothing business.
D. Agriculture.
Other good businesses also abound. The critical factor is finance. The level of cash you have, your business sense, coupled with your determination to excel is key.

2. Accommodation in Ivory Coast is relative to your funds and taste. Areas that are easily accessible accommodation wise are; Abobo, Port Bouet, youpougon, Ajouffou, Gonzac and others. In these areas the lowest self contain is 25k cfa to 45k cfa per month. So you can see that housing in Abidjan is relative.
It is from each according to his cash and taste, and to each relative accommodation.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by saysugar(m): 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2022
You are not answering Uber/bolt?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by CODDLY: 9:49pm On Sep 27, 2022
roughdiamond:

Residence permit is 2k at every police station. Driving license is subject to Negotiation. Did mine for 110mil. If he has Nigerian driving permit, he should come with it.
Relocating completely, can I drive my personal car from Nigeria to there??
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by roughdiamond(m): 10:36am On Sep 28, 2022
CODDLY:
No, the border is currently closed. If your car is less than 5 years old, you can when the border opens (Cars older than 5 years are not allowed entry into the country)

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 10:53am On Sep 28, 2022
It is a lovely day today. I will like to talk about mistake people do in terms of cash holding while coming to Abidjan. Most carry naira to change later here. Some rely on transfers and ATM card here. These later constitute a lot of problems to the new settler.
My advice is change all your money at the border. Naira is nothing to write home about now. The Bureau De Change people will give you low transfer rates thereby extorting you.
Carrying dollar is fine. You can keep 3 million Cfa in your pocket. Stop thinking you are playing smart by carrying naira to this place. Naira don cast. Be wise.
At the ATM, for every withdrawal you do your charge is 1k. I hope this helps. It is good morning here from Abidjan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 11:12am On Sep 28, 2022
CODDLY:
Yes and no. Yes, if your car is 2015 model upwards. At Seme border you need to get Laissé Passer. No, if the model is below 2015.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 11:15am On Sep 28, 2022
Trustwallet:

What is the exhange rate now, the black market rate?
1k equals 950cfa. If you are transferring naira, it is 850 cfa.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 11:17am On Sep 28, 2022
saysugar:
You are not answering Uber/bolt?
Yes. The equivalent here is Yango
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by superbouck(m): 11:20am On Sep 29, 2022
Donfanuchi1:
It is a lovely day today. I will like to talk about mistake people do in terms of cash holding while coming to Abidjan. Most carry naira to change later here. Some rely on transfers and ATM card here. These later constitute a lot of problems to the new settler.
My advice is change all your money at the border. Naira is nothing to write home about now. The Bureau De Change people will give you low transfer rates thereby extorting you.
Carrying dollar is fine. You can keep 3 million Cfa in your pocket. Stop thinking you are playing smart by carrying naira to this place. Naira don cast. Be wise.
At the ATM, for every withdrawal you do your charge is 1k. I hope this helps. It is good morning here from Abidjan.
have you seen POS or Daily contribution (Akawo) stand in ivory cost. Can I do P.O. S business in Abijan ?

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by CODDLY: 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
superbouck:
have you seen POS or Daily contribution (Akawo) stand in ivory cost. Can I do P.O. S business in Abijan ?
Interesting... cheesy smiley
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 1:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
superbouck:
I have seen akawo businesses. It is lucrative. The POS here is the mobile money. There is wave, mtn, orange money. These are the platforms with which you can do POS business. To do this business you need an understanding of French language. Merci!

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by cutieme(m): 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

I have seen akawo businesses. It is lucrative. The POS here is the mobile money. There is wave, mtn, orange money. These are the platforms with which you can do POS business. To do this business you need an understanding of French language. Merci!
How about teaching jobs there?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by HeightsKE: 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

I have seen akawo businesses. It is lucrative. The POS here is the mobile money.
Hello bro... please how about their maritime sector, shipping? I'm a seaman,any chance there? Thanks
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by saysugar(m): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2022
Wow Yango is there right lovely thanks! I don’t know what model of car they use
Donfanuchi1:

Yes. The equivalent here is Yango
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Wilson500: 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2022
Is there any job opportunities in healthcare
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 11:38am On Oct 03, 2022
Generally healthcare is a booming sector anytime, any day and where ever. To go into the sector language comes into play. You need to go to their ministry of health to know the requirements as to setting up such businesses. Again, due diligence must be done as regards the aspect of healthcare that moves in the market. Regards.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2022
Wilson500:
Is there any job opportunities in healthcare
There are jobs in healthcare. To get a job in healthcare you must visit their ministry of health to obtain information on the licences, certifications, and procedures needed to secure one. Do not forget that language here is important. So learn the language, and do due diligence, you are good to go. Shalom

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 11:48am On Oct 03, 2022
cutieme:

Ok,pls how viable is teaching jobs there?
Teaching job is viable all over the world. Abidjan is a French speaking capital. There are lot of schools both French, English and bilingual schools. Your best bet is to be on ground to look for such jobs. A prospective applicant with a knowledge of both English and French has a higher chance of employment. But what do I know. It is God that determines what happens in the affairs of men eventually. Shalom!
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2022
saysugar:
Wow Yango is there right lovely thanks! I don’t know what model of car they use
Go online and Google Yango in Abidjan, you will see all the information you need as regards Yango. I hope this helps.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 11:59am On Oct 03, 2022
HeightsKE:

Hello bro... please how about their maritime sector, shipping? I'm a seaman,any chance there? Thanks
There are 3 ports in the country where shippers do their thing. I will advice you come down to the country. Go to the various ports and ask questions. Come to think of it seamen are scarce. The 2 countries that have them in abundance are in great war. I am talking about Ukraine and Russia. So you should give it a try. Start the search from the Port of San Pedro. You never can tell, you might just be lucky. Bonne chance!
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 12:12pm On Oct 03, 2022
Migrating to another country is not easy. You need finances. You need a positive mindset. You need courage and the ability to withstand adversity. You will need to adjust to so many things you are not used to. As days give way to months, you will begin to see things getting easier. I must say at this juncture that even if you migrate to America you will still need time to settle well and adjust to the society you are now in.
I must commend Nigerians for always working hard to survive and be counted wherever they go. Success and wealth is always determined by the challenges you are able to surmount, the problem you have helped to solve and the share resolve to always say 'I will make it'.
Remember as you strive to excel that ' no pain no gain'. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2022
Please do not send message to my email ikechukwuenyadikefriday@gmail.com. I don't have access to it again. It has been hacked here on nairaland. Use davidking19800@gmail.com instead. if you have sent any message to the first email please disregard. Use the latest one I have provided above. I do not know how to add it to my profile. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 10:41pm On Oct 03, 2022
Migrating to another country is not easy. You need finances. You need a positive mindset. You need courage and the ability to withstand adversity. You will need to adjust to so many things you are not used to. As days give way to months, you will begin to see things getting easier. I must say at this juncture that even if you migrate to America you will still need time to settle well and adjust to the society you are now in.
I must commend Nigerians for always working hard to survive and be counted wherever they go. Success and wealth is always determined by the challenges you are able to surmount, the problem you have helped to solve and the share resolve to always say 'I will make it'.
Remember as you strive to excel that ' no pain no gain'. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by montanaguy(m): 3:22am On Oct 04, 2022
Donfanuchi1:
[b][/b]Most people coming to Abidjan, Ivory Coast find it very difficult settling into the country. Issues of traveling, accommodation and business come into play.
I reside in Abidjan, so ask me anything from transportation, housing, business and the life generally here.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by montanaguy(m): 3:24am On Oct 04, 2022
What of barbing saloon? How much do they charge for barbing? Can 700k set up a good standard barbing saloon?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by yungchop: 2:31am On Oct 05, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

Hello boss, can I get laborer job there? Or farm work job.. how much is the pay range?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is Life Like In United State Of America / Can An Auxiliary Nurse Be Employed Abroad? / Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.