Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

How To Get Settled In Abidjan - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Get Settled In Abidjan (11537 Views)

How To Get Settled In Abidjan / ''We Love Nigeria!" Afro-Americans Happily Settled In Nigeria - Vids / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan (2) (3) (4)

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by roughdiamond(m): 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
babakb:

Hey guy, many thanks for the heads up about living in Ivory Cost, I have few questions to ask for a brother that intends to move to Abidjan next year:
How long and how much can he get residence permit after arrival?
How much does cab drivers earn daily there? Do they have uber or bolt there?
Kindly help out with this information because my brother is a professional driver and he understands basic French smiley
You can get residence permit even same day of arrival. Just go to the police station and request for it. I don't know how much drivers earn here. They have Yango

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Munachimso30(m): 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2022
babakb:

Hey guy, many thanks for the heads up about living in Ivory Cost, I have few questions to ask for a brother that intends to move to Abidjan next year:
How long and how much can he get residence permit after arrival?
How much does cab drivers earn daily there? Do they have uber or bolt there?
Kindly help out with this information because my brother is a professional driver and he understands basic French smiley

Most Nigerians here use embassy then go to police and get the residence, what I mean is
I think the ecowas is helping, most Naija guys here don’t even have passport, they came in by land then go to naija Embassy and present evidence that they are Nigerian, they will get you ID (4500) after that, you can get residence from police
The residence last for 6 months and it’s 2100cf
Then the ID last for 5yrs
I think this helps thou

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 16, 2022
Can their ladies Bleep well?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by williams2600(m): 9:23pm On Sep 16, 2022
NaturalKinzzy:

Wahala

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2022
Munachimso30:

Thanks for your response, if I may ask, what type of business can someone start with 3m here in Abidjan
You see there are businesses that you can start that will yield you 20k daily with 3m to 3.2 m and earn 20k daily. This earning is effortless. For example, you can buy 2 motor that is like keke napep. The maximum value for the 2 is 3.2 million including paper work.
Everyday excluding saturdays you will be receiving 20k cfa. No complaints. This one is sweatless income. Other such businesses abound. Shalom.

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2022
roughdiamond:

You can get residence permit even same day of arrival. Just go to the police station and request for it. I don't know how much drivers earn here. They have Yango
In addition, the Residence Permit costs 2k to 5k Cfa. For you brother to be able to drive, he must acquire their Drivers Licence which cost 150k Cfa. Driving is a lucrative profession here. Gracias

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 10:37pm On Sep 16, 2022
NaturalKinzzy:
The performance of a woman is a subjective evaluation. The stories are always different. It is like that everywhere. But remember, there is an element of bitterness even in the honey.
Too much honey makes the body sick. Shalom.

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by mystery22: 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
Munachimso30:
I wanted to ask for help here then I came across this trend, have already planning to move to Gambia since we don’t have issue with language there and it’s a bit close already but I gave it a thought since am here already lemme ask maybe Someone can help, I really like this country but……
I don’t know if it’s because of the guy that brought me here( just like they say,”you only know where you stopped”) He’s hustling on the street but I don’t really want that, how long can I be on the street, am not getting young anymore, I need advice on the kind of business someone can get into at least to manage
Your sincere advice is needed
What of looking for job,or you prefer only business
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
mystery22:
From personal experience, jobs are had to get in Abidjan. But the place is good for business. Destinies are different. So you might be lucky to get a job.
While coming to Abidjan please put job at the bottom of your priority. I repeat, jobs are scarce. Business all the way. I hope this helps.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by babakb: 6:42am On Sep 17, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

In addition, the Residence Permit costs 2k to 5k Cfa. For you brother to be able to drive, he must acquire their Drivers Licence which cost 150k Cfa. Driving is a lucrative profession here. Gracias
mystery22:

Merci tres bien, please how does he withdraw his cash there, do they have first bank or gtb, because I know its not possible to carry 2m cash from Nigeria to Abidjan shocked shocked shocked
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by roughdiamond(m): 11:44am On Sep 17, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

Residence permit is 2k at every police station. Driving license is subject to Negotiation. Did mine for 110mil. If he has Nigerian driving permit, he should come with it.

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Munachimso30(m): 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2022
mystery22:

Haven’t give it a thought thou but will that be easy for someone that doesn’t speak French? Anyways am trying, even people around me are amazed how I learn so fast within this 3-4months but….. hmmmm
Lemme talk to someone about that
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by CODDLY: 8:27am On Sep 18, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

You see there are businesses that you can start that will yield you 20k daily with 3m to 3.2 m and earn 20k daily. This earning is effortless. For example, you can buy 2 motor that is like keke napep. The maximum value for the 2 is 3.2 million including paper work.
Everyday excluding saturdays you will be receiving 20k cfa. No complaints. This one is sweatless income. Other such businesses abound. Shalom.
I think I'm becoming interested in transportation business... Abidjan, here I come next year, God willing smiley

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by okeysoninv: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

Are their drivers like Nigeria drivers. how sincere are they. do they have companies managing the vehicles.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 9:15pm On Sep 19, 2022
odinga1of:

Bros snap and show us current pictures na, if na market or ghetto area self

Not Getty images from Google.
Shalom
What you need is not pictures but tangible information that will help you achieve result. If you are in Abidjan, you can post pictures as well. Shalom!

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2022
The greatest mistake people make in Abidjan is the notion that the Naira is bigger than the Cfa so they spend money carelessly. Beware that Cfa is almost greater than the Naira now. So, while spending your money spend wisely because money is hard to come by. The best way to make money in Abidjan is to make sure that daily your expenses do not surpass your earnings. Make sure you save even if it is 500 Cfa daily. If it means being frugal so be it.
Do not relegate learning the language to the background. As a reasonable person that thinks of moving forward, the french language is as important as the money you make. So the goal in the first year of living in Abidjan is to understand and speak basic french.
Get Apps like Wordbit and Duolingo. Learn french as if your life depends on it. The more french that you can speak makes things easier for you. You are more accepted. The business environment becomes more friendly. The trust for you becomes more visible.
Once you can speak french, migrating to countries that speak french is made easier. Make sure you learn 20 new words daily. In 6 months you must have learnt 3600 new french words.
Please beware of anything that will make you have problems with any of their law enforcement agencies. If you do, they will milk you dry that is if they do not send you to jail.
Avoid secondary school girls. Run for your life. They frequently use that to set people up. If you are lucky, your prison term will be 10 years. It is always 20 to 40 years if allegation of rape is made against you.
I hope this helps. May your days be smooth. Shalom!

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2022
okeysoninv:
Are their drivers like Nigeria drivers. how sincere are they. do they have companies managing the vehicles.
All over the world, both good and bad people abound. Their drivers are usually very honest once you can enter a concrete agreement with them. Like the Keke like moto as they call it here, you get your remittance daily without excuse. I know 2 people personally that are into the business. One has 4 and the other has 2. The only day you do not expect returns is on sundays. The business is very lucrative because you do not need a shop with it's attendant cost. You do not need to stress. Everyday before 4pm or based on your agreement with the driver, your returns are given to you. Hope you are fine. Merci

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2022
CODDLY:
I think I'm becoming interested in transportation business... Abidjan, here I come next year, God willing smiley
If you do, and enter into this aspect of transportation business, in 2 years you will be shocked at what you might have achieved.

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 10:17pm On Sep 19, 2022
CODDLY:
If you do, and enter into this aspect of transportation business, in 2 years you will be shocked at what you might have achieved. Shalom!

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 12:16am On Sep 20, 2022
Ertugrul:
Very nice thread, baba ride on
Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by OOpulent: 12:59am On Sep 21, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

Thanks. I appreciate.

Hello sir, thanks for this thread you created well appreciated, my question is can I get to ivory coast without a passport presently in Accra i have a friend in ivory coast that wants me to come just want to know if there will be issues tho i came to Ghana without passport just want to know if the same with ivory coast thanks.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by CODDLY: 8:01am On Sep 23, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

150k CFA
That's almost 200k Naira for driver's license shocked
Pls, hope keke napep drivers doesn't need the license?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by CODDLY: 8:06am On Sep 23, 2022
Donfanuchi1:

If you do, and enter into this aspect of transportation business, in 2 years you will be shocked at what you might have achieved. Shalom!
Does ladies also drive this keke napep?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by CODDLY: 8:18am On Sep 23, 2022
roughdiamond:

Residence permit is 2k at every police station. Driving license is subject to Negotiation. Did mine for 110mil. If he has Nigerian driving permit, he should come with it.
Do you mean I can easily start transportation business there with my Nigerian driver's license?
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2022
CODDLY:
Does ladies also drive this keke napep?
As a lady, the best bet is to invest in it and wait for your daily returns. The time at your disposal can be used for other things. For instance if you are a Stylist, you can start doing something to increase your income. Having multiple sources of income is a good start.
I hope this helps. Shalom!
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 12:03am On Sep 25, 2022
OOpulent:

Hello sir, thanks for this thread you created well appreciated, my question is can I get to ivory coast without a passport presently in Accra i have a friend in ivory coast that wants me to come just want to know if there will be issues tho i came to Ghana without passport just want to know if the same with ivory coast thanks.
Yes. You can enter Abidjan without any form of identification from Ghana. There are 2 ways to go about it.
Firstly, join STC in Ghana to Abidjan. Explain to the driver codedly. He will help you to cross over.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 12:11am On Sep 25, 2022
OOpulent:

Yes. You can enter Abidjan without any form of identification from Ghana. There are 2 ways to go about it.
Firstly, join STC Transport in Ghana to Abidjan. Explain to the driver codedly. He will help you to cross over. The downside is you will part with say 5k CFA.
The second method is to take a bus to Elubo bother. Before the bother alight and join a taxi that will take you to the river side where they will cross you to the other side into Ivory Coast. This method is more expensive, and is mostly applicable when the bother is closed.
A very important tip is, do not dress flanbouyantly. Do not put your cash in your bag but in your inner short pocket. I noticed that the immigration officials will search your bag but not your pocket. The advice is, be smart. Merci

Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 12:18am On Sep 25, 2022
[quote author=CODDLY post=116931716] Does ladies also drive this keke napep?[
Ladies can, but I have not seen. Moreover you can just invest in the business and use your time for other business venture while you await your daily returns.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 12:26am On Sep 25, 2022
CODDLY:
Do you mean I can easily start transportation business there with my Nigerian driver's license?
Having the country's drivers license is a prerequisite to start the transportation business if you will be the driver. This is applicable to buses, trucks and taxis, not keke. However as an investor, the driver's license is optional.
It should be noted that if you want to be a driver here, aside the driver's license, you need a little understanding of the language, the different communes and the traffic rules. Shalom!
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 12:29am On Sep 25, 2022
CODDLY:
150k CFA
That's almost 200k Naira for driver's license shocked
Pls, hope keke napep drivers doesn't need the license?
Yes, Keke driver's do not need driver's license.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 12:34am On Sep 25, 2022
roughdiamond:

Well said.
Re: How To Get Settled In Abidjan by Donfanuchi1(m): 12:37am On Sep 25, 2022
okeysoninv:

Can An Auxiliary Nurse Be Employed Abroad? / Canada Is Sad And Depressing:life Experience Of A Nigerian Student In Canada / Facebook User Shares His LRU Experience (read Story)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50