Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,701 members, 7,816,870 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation (74829 Views)

I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu / Sonia, Ekweremadu's Daughter Loses Bid To Be Excused From Trial / #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by stormborn28(m): 9:26am On Sep 13, 2022
[quote author=Throwback post=116601631]Everyone has a right to save their lives.

More so, parents have a responsibility to save the life of their child.[/quotel]

You cannot be abroad and be appealing to Nigerians to save you!

Your parents are among the problem of the country, unfortunately the situation of the country have made most Nigerians Heartless.
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by stormborn28(m): 9:33am On Sep 13, 2022
Kam2021:
It will never be well with that David or whatever is his name of an idiot.

Good day folks,
Much as i feel sympathetic towards the poor girl's case and pary that she gets a donor soon and her life be saved, i cannot but express my dismay at the situation and see the role of karma in all this. Our people say it is God that drives away flies from a tailess cow.

It brings to the fore the evilmindedness, selfishness and extreme wickedness of the political class in Nigeria. Note that i didnt say Leaders, but political class/politicians. i have not identified any of our politicians who doubles as a leader, how much more a true one, The lady's father, Senator Ekweremadu has been in the corridors of power for donkey years. He was a Deputy Senate President for 8 years and wielded the power to do and undo. He knew his daughter has such an ailment but he never cared to influence any policy to help her and the poor masses with regards to the issue. What do I mean?

Take for instance, the late President of America, Franklin D, Roosevelt. He was the 32nd President of the USA and ruled from 1933 - 1945. FDR as he was fondly called was diagnosed with polio and from 1921, he was paralyzed from the waist down. Infact, he spent his years as a President on a wheel chair. But guess what, despite the numerous problems that America faced during his regime (the Great Depression of 1933 and WW2 1939-45), FDR worked tirelessly to ensure that polio was eradicated from America. He was the one credited to have singularly achieved that feat. May God bless his soul.

Back home here, our politicians will never do that. What stopped Ekweremadu in the years that he wielded so much power and influence to ensure that a Specialized Kidney Hospital or treatment Centre was built in Nigeria for his daughters sake. He knew he had money to fly her abroad anytime he felt like. This selfishness is not peculiar to him. Same goes for former President Ibrahim Babangida, whose wife died of cancer. He never cared to build one cancer hospital for Nigerians. Oshiomole's first wife had the same case, but he didnt care to put one cancer hospital in Edo State. There are many of them like that. They identify a problem, but as far as they can steal state funds, and tax payers monies to take care of themselves and their families, the rest of us can go and die.

When will we have true leaders in the likes of FDR? Who will use his position to help the poor and priviledged? Our hospitals remain in shambles and our healthcare is comatose. Our God will truly drive away the flies from us.
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Ganjafama(m): 9:34am On Sep 13, 2022
VictorUSA:
Let her die!

My kidney is intact and I can't give it to someone who has been stealing our money.

Don't she have boyfriend?
Are you human at all?
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by stormborn28(m): 9:37am On Sep 13, 2022
jaxxy:
That scammer boy wants to finish this poor girl. Why lie to them that u want to help? undecided

because they kidnap person or what??

Good day folks,
Much as i feel sympathetic towards the poor girl's case and pary that she gets a donor soon and her life be saved, i cannot but express my dismay at the situation and see the role of karma in all this. Our people say it is God that drives away flies from a tailess cow.

It brings to the fore the evilmindedness, selfishness and extreme wickedness of the political class in Nigeria. Note that i didnt say Leaders, but political class/politicians. i have not identified any of our politicians who doubles as a leader, how much more a true one, The lady's father, Senator Ekweremadu has been in the corridors of power for donkey years. He was a Deputy Senate President for 8 years and wielded the power to do and undo. He knew his daughter has such an ailment but he never cared to influence any policy to help her and the poor masses with regards to the issue. What do I mean?

Take for instance, the late President of America, Franklin D, Roosevelt. He was the 32nd President of the USA and ruled from 1933 - 1945. FDR as he was fondly called was diagnosed with polio and from 1921, he was paralyzed from the waist down. Infact, he spent his years as a President on a wheel chair. But guess what, despite the numerous problems that America faced during his regime (the Great Depression of 1933 and WW2 1939-45), FDR worked tirelessly to ensure that polio was eradicated from America. He was the one credited to have singularly achieved that feat. May God bless his soul.

Back home here, our politicians will never do that. What stopped Ekweremadu in the years that he wielded so much power and influence to ensure that a Specialized Kidney Hospital or treatment Centre was built in Nigeria for his daughters sake. He knew he had money to fly her abroad anytime he felt like. This selfishness is not peculiar to him. Same goes for former President Ibrahim Babangida, whose wife died of cancer. He never cared to build one cancer hospital for Nigerians. Oshiomole's first wife had the same case, but he didnt care to put one cancer hospital in Edo State. There are many of them like that. They identify a problem, but as far as they can steal state funds, and tax payers monies to take care of themselves and their families, the rest of us can go and die.

When will we have true leaders in the likes of FDR? Who will use his position to help the poor and priviledged? Our hospitals remain in shambles and our healthcare is comatose. Our God will truly drive away the flies from us.
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Franklyspeakin: 9:44am On Sep 13, 2022
Any one who donates kidney would be made for life.
fergie001:
Sonia Chinonso, daughter of the embattled former Nigerian Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has appealed to members of the public to donate kidney to her.

Sonia Ekweremadu

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by stormborn28(m): 9:53am On Sep 13, 2022
hammer567:

HER FATHER DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG.

SOME NIGERIANS ARE MAD BECAUSE YOU DONT THINK OR REASON OBJECTIVELY AND THAT IS VER DANGEROUS.

Good day folks,

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by dmgr(m): 9:58am On Sep 13, 2022
eagleccentric:
Good day folks,

As i said, i feel so much pity for the young lady. I know because i lost my dear mother to the same kidney issues, so i feel the pain she is right now. But let this be a wake up call to one and all and not just the politicians. If a stone stumbles you on your way, do you stop to take it out so that it doesnt stumble others? If your answer is no, then you are no better than the Ekweremadus, IBBs and Oshiomoles of this world. A little help today can save a lot tomorrow.

May God help us all. Amen

Amen Sir, Amen
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:01am On Sep 13, 2022
Sollyoung:
58Million cash, non negotiable plus fully paid scholarship in Canada for my kids( till uni) and a duplex with a car that worth 10Million in Lagos and 10million for my wife, 10 million each for parents and 500k each for my younger brother..

If agreed, inbox me ...

Lol. 58 million naira is too small sef. 100 million naira with the other perks or nothing.
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by stormborn28(m): 10:02am On Sep 13, 2022
Nakuza:
Brother! I think time for lamentation has passed. Can we genuinely show concern and forget what has happened in the past.

Good day folks,

2 Likes

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2022
edoncast:
5m i will donate mine to help my son achieve his dream .I owe that small boy everything .

5M to sell your kidney? You must be kidding. If you ever want to consider such, it's 100M or nothing. You hear!
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by TheGift: 10:09am On Sep 13, 2022
fergie001:
Sonia Chinonso, daughter of the embattled former Nigerian Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has appealed to members of the public to donate kidney to her.

Sonia Ekweremadu

Oh dear. May Her prayers be heard.
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Pearl05(f): 10:15am On Sep 13, 2022
I feel pity for her.

This isn't anything to what the masses are facing.

Her family can afford flying her abroad for treatment most Nigerians only have prayers to overcome their foes.

The hospitals are not functioning
The road are dead traps
Food stuff too expensive
Cost of living is high

I think it will be more eazy to get donor from your circle of fellow politicians children.

1 Like

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by TheGift: 10:15am On Sep 13, 2022
Revolution2022:
She has two healthy brothers and a sister.Cant they donate for her?

You obviously did not read the post well.

The disease is genetic so family donors are not safe.
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by TheGift: 10:16am On Sep 13, 2022
Karemarealty288:

What about your siblings ....

Go back and Read the post very well. You will see your answer.
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by TheGift: 10:17am On Sep 13, 2022
MedicH:
pls make sure u die there

Where is your humanity?
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by TheGift: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2022
klonboi:
A senator of 16yrs in office cannot pay someone to save his daughter? angry

Anyway when the devil gives you money he tells you who not to help

Is that not what He was trying to do (pay someone to save his daughter) that got Him in trouble?
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:21am On Sep 13, 2022
faceland:

How do I test if am compatible? I swear I would give you if your dad can use his connections to give me a two weeks visa to Europe. Don't worry, I would handle myself once I step foot on the soil of Europe.

Only shanghai visa, no need for ticket or pocket money.

You don't know your worth. Na because of Schengen visa you wan take sell your kidney like a morsel of meat? I just hope you're joking.
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by TheGift: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2022
VictorUSA:
Let her die!

My kidney is intact and I can't give it to someone who has been stealing our money.

Don't she have boyfriend?

Where is your humanity?
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Akin16(m): 10:22am On Sep 13, 2022
Well if mine could work I can give her one.
And I'm serious about it.
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 13, 2022
TheGift:

You obviously did not read the post well.

The disease is genetic so family donors are not safe.
I dont agree with you and her.That is an excuse.

1 Like

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by ljoh: 10:30am On Sep 13, 2022
Your father failed to build hospital here
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 13, 2022
TheGift:

Where is your humanity?
where was her father's humanity when he wanted to harvest another man's child kidney?
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by TheGift: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2022
Revolution2022:
I dont agree with you and her.That is an excuse.

I did not make any assertion for you to disagree with.
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:43am On Sep 13, 2022
Kaytixy:
na lie she dey all if dem. Dem dey fear death. Brother you these rich people, they love themselves more than anything else.

Big lie o.. imagine Doctor said the sickness is genetic but na only she dey sick am for the family.. not everyone are dumb in this country
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by TheGift: 10:43am On Sep 13, 2022
Revolution2022:
where was her father's humanity when he wanted to harvest another man's child kidney?

That is probably what Her father said about someone else's inhumanity that made Him
"In-humane" ... like you?
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by airoport: 10:49am On Sep 13, 2022
KangaIye:
I pray help come soon
1. They have 10 kidneys in her nuclear family, more likely to match hers. Why has none of them volunteered? Where's is the love?
2. What of their extended family/community? Is it not plausible that an extended family member could volunteer as recompense for benevolence received from the Ekweremadus?

3. It's from the above groups that a volunteer would swiftly be found.

4. After the botched attempt to harvest a kidney, this appeal may not amount to much, given that many have done their research on the health implications.
5. Commercial option is still viable, through discreet channels, of course! And in a developing country.

Finally, it's unconditional love that actually propels donation of part of one's self to another. As for me, I know those in my family I will not even contemplate giving such a gift!
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Traplord09: 10:52am On Sep 13, 2022
Stallionhorse:
I would have given my kidney In exchange for marriage but too much crack and ice has damaged my kidney.

Lol grin grin
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by IamGblaize(m): 10:56am On Sep 13, 2022
edoncast:
5m i will donate mine to help my son achieve his dream .I owe that small boy everything .

Pls don't try it for 5m , the average price for kidney is 25millon upward ...
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by hammer567: 11:12am On Sep 13, 2022
cococandy:
1) White man’s culture is not altruism. They have always wanted something for something. Better yet. They take if they can and give nothing back. So when you attribute “scratch my back, I scratch yours” as African and call it cultural imperialism to do otherwise, you’re insinuating that white culture is wholesome and African culture isn’t.

2) I know that’s not the point you were trying to make. But that’s what happens when everything you come across becomes African culture versus western culture to you. You end up denigrating Africa because you’re trying to make a moot point that you hope to refer to back to in some future conversations. Pause and think about that for a few minutes.

3) Please stop tagging me in things that don’t concern me. Appreciate

COCOCANDY, I'M A TRADITIONAL CONSERVATIVE IGBOMAN, CHECK MY TRACK RECORD ON NAIRALAND, WAY BACK TO ANTECEDENTS AND COSMOGONIES.

I DELIBERATELY SOLICIT YOUR OPPOSITION. grin

NO CHANCE, I WONT TAG YOU AGAIN... tongue
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by juman(m): 11:13am On Sep 13, 2022
advanceDNA:

Why u no give your own??

Why not?
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Imotman(m): 11:57am On Sep 13, 2022
I like your write-up though.
Serious pity for the innocent lady, unfortunately her father is in a legal mess with British laws. I hope she gets help fast and recovers. This is a lesson to our Nigerian political leaders. Selfishness doesn't pay in the long run.

eagleccentric:
Good day folks,

As i said, i feel so much pity for the young lady. I know because i lost my dear mother to the same kidney issues, so i feel the pain she is right now. But let this be a wake up call to one and all and not just the politicians. If a stone stumbles you on your way, do you stop to take it out so that it doesnt stumble others? If your answer is no, then you are no better than the Ekweremadus, IBBs and Oshiomoles of this world. A little help today can save a lot tomorrow.

May God help us all. Amen
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Guderian(m): 11:57am On Sep 13, 2022
Under which sick laws of england and wales

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) / Pyrates Confraternity Officially Responds To The Trending Emilokan Video / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.