Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation (74784 Views)

I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu / Sonia, Ekweremadu's Daughter Loses Bid To Be Excused From Trial / #EndSARS Campaign: Buhari Appeals For Calm, Promises Reform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by fergie001: 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2022
Sonia Chinonso, daughter of the embattled former Nigerian Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has appealed to members of the public to donate kidney to her.

APPEAL FOR KIDNEY DONATION BY SONIA EKWEREMADU

I, Sonia Ekweremadu, hereby appeal to the general public to come to my aid and save my life.

I am 25 years old and a graduate of Media and Communications, University of Coventry. I dropped out of my post-graduate studies at the University of Newcastle in 2019 when I was diagnosed with a rare kidney disease, FSGS Nephrotic Syndrome. My family has battled to save my life and has taken me to various hospitals, but the illness persisted and kept degenerating. I am alive today by the special grace of God. I am presently in London, UK, receiving 5 hours of dialysis 3-4 times a week.

This is at the expense of my family as I am not qualified for NHS due to my immigration status.

The last 3 years have been extremely challenging. The charges being faced by my parents in London presently, are directly connected to my illness and have complicated matter for me and my family.

I do not intend to delve into details of this unfortunate development as the matter is still in Court. I am however optimistic that the truth will prevail and it will end in praise to God.

In the circumstance above, I am appealing to anybody whom it may please to assist me willingly with a kidney donation in the name of God.

This appeal would have been utterly unnecessary as every member of my family is eager to donate their kidney to me, knowing that I would do the same for any of them. Regrettably, comprehensive medical examination showed that my case of nephrotic syndrome is a genetic illness and the doctors advised against donation from any of my family members, as it would likely reoccur.

Anybody that is moved by this appeal and wishes to donate his or her kidney to me may send an email to helpsonialive@gmail.com and include his or her name, phone number, email address and place of residence.

Please, note that under the laws of England and Wales, organ donation must be purely driven by compassion and therefore no reward is involved.

Finally, I have decided to commit and dedicate myself to helping people with the challenges of kidney disease, upon my full recovery.

Thank you and God bless you.

Sonia Ekweremadu

86 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by madridguy(m): 7:01pm On Sep 12, 2022
I pray to God Almighty to heal your kidney and make them work as HE created them to work.

I wish there's something PMB can do to get Ekweremadu off the UK hook so he can run around for his daughter.

561 Likes 49 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Asgard73: 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2022
sad

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by KangaIye: 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2022
I pray help come soon

215 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by advanceDNA: 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2022
This one still dey abroad??....U better come Nigeria, where you have a higher chance to come get kidney

.. U will be lucky to find one of the people wey your papa don reck their life with corruption and bad governance to sell you theirs for like 10M...una kukuma get money

407 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Islandlady(f): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
You cannot be abroad and be appealing to Nigerians to save you!

Your parents are among the problem of the country, unfortunately the situation of the country have made most Nigerians Heartless.

567 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Throwback: 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2022
Everyone has a right to save their lives.

More so, parents have a responsibility to save the life of their child.

353 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by FreeStuffsNG: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2022
Hmmmm. Though the message has a tone of a life of uncommon privileges and elitism, it is really touching and humblying as well.

May God's countenance shine upon her and may she find favour.

While at it, she can actually come to Nigeria to save cost.
check my signature for free stuffs!

361 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by derecho(m): 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2022
Unfortunately, this is what she should have done instead of trying to induce David

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Kwamecron(m): 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2022
So how do we confirm this write up, because am so willing to donate to her.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by floss(m): 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2022
Her parents f*ck up full time

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Wisetrue99: 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2022
If them tell una parents say make them dey do well by the people, them go think say money be everything

Their hands are soiled. Bloods are crying vengeance!

Let the mercy of God prevail!

Stay strong!

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Iliveforever(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2022
If I give her mine, will she Agree to marry me for life??

But on a serious note, I feel for her alone not her parents

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by VictorUSA(m): 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2022
Let her die!

My kidney is intact and I can't give it to someone who has been stealing our money.

Don't she have boyfriend?

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by NwaAdazzi(m): 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2022
Ur Daddy should buy Kidney for you dear..Money choke!!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by LordIsaac(m): 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2022
This is a wake up call to Nigerian leaders. You have all failed this girl, including her father. May God raise leaders that will make Americans and Europeans travel to Nigeria for treatment. May God help the poor lady and heal her 100%.

137 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Stallionhorse: 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2022
I would have given my kidney In exchange for marriage but too much crack and ice has damaged my kidney.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Botking: 7:25pm On Sep 12, 2022
Money money money, the said it answered all things, I guess the same money will solve your problem, good luck

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by newbornmacho(m): 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2022
Throwback:
Everyone has a right to save their lives.

More so, parents have a responsibility to save the life of their child.

Agreed. No matter what, I pray she gets the help she needs

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by fergie001: 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2022
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by eagleccentric(m): 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2022
Good day folks,
Much as i feel sympathetic towards the poor girl's case and pary that she gets a donor soon and her life be saved, i cannot but express my dismay at the situation and see the role of karma in all this. Our people say it is God that drives away flies from a tailess cow.

It brings to the fore the evilmindedness, selfishness and extreme wickedness of the political class in Nigeria. Note that i didnt say Leaders, but political class/politicians. i have not identified any of our politicians who doubles as a leader, how much more a true one, The lady's father, Senator Ekweremadu has been in the corridors of power for donkey years. He was a Deputy Senate President for 8 years and wielded the power to do and undo. He knew his daughter has such an ailment but he never cared to influence any policy to help her and the poor masses with regards to the issue. What do I mean?

Take for instance, the late President of America, Franklin D, Roosevelt. He was the 32nd President of the USA and ruled from 1933 - 1945. FDR as he was fondly called was diagnosed with polio and from 1921, he was paralyzed from the waist down. Infact, he spent his years as a President on a wheel chair. But guess what, despite the numerous problems that America faced during his regime (the Great Depression of 1933 and WW2 1939-45), FDR worked tirelessly to ensure that polio was eradicated from America. He was the one credited to have singularly achieved that feat. May God bless his soul.

Back home here, our politicians will never do that. What stopped Ekweremadu in the years that he wielded so much power and influence to ensure that a Specialized Kidney Hospital or treatment Centre was built in Nigeria for his daughters sake. He knew he had money to fly her abroad anytime he felt like. This selfishness is not peculiar to him. Same goes for former President Ibrahim Babangida, whose wife died of cancer. He never cared to build one cancer hospital for Nigerians. Oshiomole's first wife had the same case, but he didnt care to put one cancer hospital in Edo State. There are many of them like that. They identify a problem, but as far as they can steal state funds, and tax payers monies to take care of themselves and their families, the rest of us can go and die.

When will we have true leaders in the likes of FDR? Who will use his position to help the poor and priviledged? Our hospitals remain in shambles and our healthcare is comatose. Our God will truly drive away the flies from us.

As i said, i feel so much pity for the young lady. I know because i lost my dear mother to the same kidney issues, so i feel the pain she is right now. But let this be a wake up call to one and all and not just the politicians. If a stone stumbles you on your way, do you stop to take it out so that it doesnt stumble others? If your answer is no, then you are no better than the Ekweremadus, IBBs and Oshiomoles of this world. A little help today can save a lot tomorrow.

May God help us all. Amen

478 Likes 64 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by oshozondii: 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2022
God send you a donor.

8 Likes

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by INDOMIE9090(f): 7:30pm On Sep 12, 2022
VictorUSA:
Let her die!

My kidney is intact and I can't give it to someone who has been stealing our money.

Don't she have boyfriend?
boyfriend
Boyfriend don run away tey tey

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Theory2022: 7:30pm On Sep 12, 2022
KangaIye:
I pray help come soon

You nko
You nor dey epp ni

21 Likes

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by tuoyoojo(m): 7:32pm On Sep 12, 2022
This life

The rich also cry

Kidney she nor see

Papa dey jail

Money source shaky

Life hanging on a balance

Let's pray that we would continue to be in good health

27 Likes

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Rahkman: 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
How much her papa go give me if I donate 1

3 Likes

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Akinsete19(m): 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
Ehya
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Mase2020g(m): 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
How canesth thou believe and be heal.

1 Like

Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Akinsete19(m): 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
God help you
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by DrChukki: 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
Y
Re: Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation by Dozie32(m): 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
Una go rot in jail. Idiots.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Pyrates Confraternity Officially Responds To The Trending Emilokan Video / Most Populated States In Nigeria 2017(estimates) / Men Who Can Stop Tinubu's 2023 Presidential Ambition From Fulfilment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.