Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu (57553 Views)

Sonia, Ekweremadu's Daughter Loses Bid To Be Excused From Trial / Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation / If Nnamdi Kanu Is Found Not Guilty, What Do You Think Will Happen Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by fergie001: 6:56pm On May 05, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWIW0qyJx2Q
Sonia Ekweremadu, the 25-year-old daughter of the jailed Senator Ike and Beatrice Ekweremadu bared her mind on her parents conviction.

The former Deputy Senate President and his wife on Friday were sentenced to different jail sentences after been found guilty of organ harvesting plot.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/articles/cmj7lrgy3m7o?at_ptr_name=facebook_page&at_medium=social&at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_link_origin=BBC_News_Pidgin&at_link_type=web_link&at_link_id=C4A41A00-EB4C-11ED-9373-1F2E7F934D9D&at_campaign_type=owned&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_format=link

5 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by God1000(m): 6:59pm On May 05, 2023
This is touching, your parents love you, they didn't want you to die but they did it in the wrong way.

I pray she gets a good Samaritan kidney donor soon.

UK isn't Nigeria where you do things anyhow and go scot-free.

Our corrupt and wicked politicians should learn from this and build good hospitals in Nigeria

It is very hard to pity naija politicians and their families because of what they've done to this country

381 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Licit(m): 6:59pm On May 05, 2023
Of course
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Mrfixiit: 7:01pm On May 05, 2023
It's very painful I must say

Meanwhile a drug lord can never be my president God forbid

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Iamicekid(m): 7:03pm On May 05, 2023
U and ur parents are mad, with all the money they have stolen, for them to go through the legal way of organ donation they don’t want to cause they will spend atleast half a million dollars upward, they want to cut costs without caring about the boy it will affect, they deserve everything, dem heartless to the point that the boy they wan steal him kidney, dem no fit do 2years visa for am, Na 6months dem do, they wan use am send am back make him come dey suffer while unna go dey enjoy

395 Likes 40 Shares

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by merits(m): 7:05pm On May 05, 2023

1 Like

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Okiton: 7:05pm On May 05, 2023
Well
What shall we say

But it really breaks my heart when she said the kidney problem is heredity problem the I remember things like that are possible.
But I still blame the senator and his family for his plan to harvest that innocent boy kidney unknown to him

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by BlueRayDick: 7:05pm On May 05, 2023
Despite the money ur parents have , they chose not to do things the right way. That was what led them to prison .

No dey come here to blackmail us emotionally . When they finish serving their sentence, I hope they would’ve learnt how to do things the proper way and not going through shortcut like typical naija big man

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by ednut1(m): 7:06pm On May 05, 2023
Money no dey solve all problems. Hope the politicians and elite learn to do the right things

27 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Ohibenemma(m): 7:06pm On May 05, 2023
Twasn't about parental responsibility alone, but reckless abuse of privilege...

There's this intrinsic thing about Nigerian politicians and abuse of power. Maybe it's because of a system where money means you get away with any misdemeanours.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by ecolime(m): 7:06pm On May 05, 2023
So much lessons to learn from the Ekweremadus saga. May we never be in this sort of mess 🙏

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Archmed(m): 7:06pm On May 05, 2023
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by fuckJones(f): 7:07pm On May 05, 2023
Mrfixiit:

A UK deportee can never be my president too

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by nymphomaniac(m): 7:07pm On May 05, 2023
They have done the crime, they will do the time.

15 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by mysticwarrior(m): 7:07pm On May 05, 2023
You did nothing wrong, your parents were just being stupid.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by AFRICANJAMAICA: 7:07pm On May 05, 2023
Ok

I know a young girl here,the dad is one of d top politicians in nigeria ...
She is a huge baller,club all week.....while d foolish poor fools are there in naija defending her father...

You deserve to be in prison with your father.
Yes ...i am wicked like that grin

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by realestate99: 7:08pm On May 05, 2023
Mrfixiit:

Lol!!! but you have drug mules scattered across your region, making an average family there have at least one drug pusher............isn't that an irony? #deyplay cool cool cool

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by FairlyUSEDpussy: 7:08pm On May 05, 2023
T
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by spencekat(m): 7:08pm On May 05, 2023
mysticwarrior:
You did nothing wrong, your parents were just being stupid.
Yoruba guy

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by sukkot: 7:08pm On May 05, 2023
shocked
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by AustineE1: 7:08pm On May 05, 2023
You cant do the right thing in a wrong way,there is always consequences and reward for every action.
Being human i sympathise with the Ekweremmadu's but the boy in question is also human and could have lost a kidney and without proper health care and management,he will kiss the dust and he is easily forgotten because he is a son of nobody.
i wish sonia and many other ordinary Nigerians with serious health challenges,quick recovery.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by GeneralPula: 7:08pm On May 05, 2023
Eyah..

It is what it is..

Stay strong girl..

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by mariahAngel(f): 7:08pm On May 05, 2023
I pray the situation does not worsen her health.

Most parents will do anything to save the lives of their children , but it shouldn't be at the expense of putting other people's children's lives at risks simply because they've got money.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by JoeEeL(m): 7:09pm On May 05, 2023
Sorry about your health issues.

But what has your senator father said or done about the unjust incarceration of a man trying to liberate your people, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu? Not a word.

The classism the so-called 'elites' have exacerbated in this contraption doesn't prevent them from one day finding themselves in the other side of the 'divide'.

Now imagine millions of nigerians just in your region, who can't feed well... who don't have access to the most basic healthcare. Think for a second how they've been coping.

You the children of this so-called elite never ever speak up against injustice. You all act so secluded in your cocoon as if you belonged to a different world...unless of course, unexpected tribulations like this happen.

Smh.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 7:09pm On May 05, 2023
Ọmọ aye
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 7:09pm On May 05, 2023
Sonia Ekweremadu, I'm willing to donate one of my kidney to you free of charge. I'm not donating because I want to travel to the state. I'm currently in the State two days ago.

4 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by crackhouse(m): 7:09pm On May 05, 2023
Ok
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by chigoziri2403(m): 7:09pm On May 05, 2023
You are a victim of doing the right thing the wrong way
Your father as a lawyer should have known better
But he chose to go the Nigerian way

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Wizpa(m): 7:10pm On May 05, 2023
undecided
Re: I Feel Guilty What Happened To My Parents Was Because Of Me - Sonia Ekweremadu by Nchenches: 7:10pm On May 05, 2023
Your parent's ordeal has both local and international connections.
What is to be guilty about parents seeking cure for their daughter?

Your father did not learn from Saraki with whom both denied president Buhari the opportunity to select the Senate leadership of the National Assembly in 2015.

Saraki the Senate president then was later charged for armed robbery. But he escaped the ridiculous charges becsuse he was in Nigeria and had local connections to disentangle himself from the charges.
Ekweremadu, the Deputy Senate President then should have been wary, should have known that he was under surveillance since then by the most unforgiving lot in Nigeria.
The David and kidney eruption in the UK was a grand opportunity for the unforgiving lot to extract the pound of flesh they have been scheeming for.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ekiti Ballot Snatching: What Fayose Told PDP Agents To Do / Atiku, Jonathan, Saraki, Uche Secondus Dance On Stage As Davido Sings (Pics) / Governor Ganduje Laughs, Emir Sanusi Frowns: Video Of The 2 Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.