Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,560 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? (33239 Views)

Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP / James Ibori Defecting To APC: 'PDP Jailed Me, APC Released Me' / Taiwo Fatiregun's Head Broken After Defecting To Another Party. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by HappyRabbi: 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2022
I have observed with keen interest the recent waves of defections and cross carpeting from APC TO PDP and vice Versa, even in some states like Oyo and Osun states, Bigwig politicians are defecting to parties like Accord and ADC,

However, with the way Peter Obis Obidient movement is sweeping across the board, taking over mainstream social media space, nobody, not even a lightweight politician has dumped his party for Labor Party, even in the southeast where he came from. Could this mean the Obidients still have a lot of homework to do? Just want to know as a political observer

127 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by immortalcrown(m): 3:03pm On Sep 13, 2022
Those defecting are after what will enter their personal pockets, not for the welfare of Nigeria. That is why they are not going to LP.

Obi no dey give bribe.

Campaign season is a cool business for shameless people. What they get by ass-licking one party or the other during one election can sustain them for many years.

ATLIEN2027:

Irrational excuses.

The rational explanation and common sense reason is very simple.
All politicians and indeed most humans wants to be associated with a winner, they will be flocking to LP if they think they can win even if they don't like Obi.
But common sense and reality on ground dictates that LP and Obi ain't going to win jack hence the reluctance of others to join his party.
Number one goal of most politicians and human is to win, everything else is secondary.
Obi has ZERO chance of winning the election except if Atiku and Tinubu drops out today.
I said their party choice is because their defection is for their pockets alone, not for Nigeria. You said my comment is irrational. Is it now they started the defection? If the winning you mentioned is for Nigeria and not for them alone, why is it that the more they defect and win is the more Nigeria loses? Answer this question if you are not the irrational one. If you cannot answer the question, what then makes my comment irrational?

697 Likes 51 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by seedgreen(m): 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
immortalcrown:
Those defecting are after what will enter their personal pockets, not for the welfare of Nigeria.

Obi no dey give bribe.
this is the response of the year. it couldnt habe been better .

527 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Unruly7(m): 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
Those that will be voting Obi are those voting for personality not party

I will vote Obi for president
I will vote PDP candidate for governor
I will vote APC for Rep

I don’t belong to any party

604 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
Exactly oo
He's on his own!

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by jkpbestseries: 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
ask google

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Ochemicals: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
Because all the defections you hear about is bribery.
We don't need to be members of labor party to vote for Obi.

385 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Jostoman: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ask Google

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Ruggedniggaone: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
Those defectors are real politicians that know that nothing can make obi president under labour party so they wont waste their time and energy supporting a failed project

87 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by IgOga(m): 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
grin grin grin

The transfer window will officially open on the 28th of Sep........Obi himself may be bought by Atiku dollars grin grin grin grin

Somebody said Obi was planning a false flag assassination on himself to explain why he is quitting the race.....it is said he plans to blame APC and Tinubu....but who knows these politicians are unreliable though

59 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by derecho(m): 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
Goodhearted politicians are.
Many are not joining because PO will not reward you just because you joined LP.
DO has made it abundantly clear that PO's cabinet will be full of young pipu.

Some are:
Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (PDP),Valentine Ozigbo(PDP), Kenneth Okonkwo(APC) etc

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by PlayerMeji: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
Lol...

Because No One Loves to Labor in VAIN!

118 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
Because he’s not truly accepted in reality, social media is nothing.

71 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by HappyRabbi: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2022
immortalcrown:
Those defecting are after what will enter their personal pockets, not for the welfare of Nigeria.

Obi no dey give bribe.

Campaign season is a cool business for shameless people. What they get by ass-licking one party or the other during one election can sustain them for many years.
will you say the same thing if they joined labor party?

49 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2022
Come to me,i will give you the answer

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by immortalcrown(m): 3:19pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:
will you say the same thing if they joined labor party?
See your childish logic. Before I answer your question, prove me wrong. Are those people defecting for the welfare of Nigeria? Is it today they started defecting? What has their defection improved for Nigeria?

But since your question came first, let it be answered first. People are joining Labour Party. But who are they? They are few and they are not influential politicians. The influential politicians will not join Labour Party because the flag bearer of Labour Party will not give them what they enjoy in PDP and APC. So, if they join Labour Party, I will say, "They have missed road". Now, answer my own questions or remain childish.

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Efuaye(m): 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2022
That's what make Peter Obi and the Labour Party different!
Other parties pay for supporters but supporters pay to support Obi!

A typical Nigeria politician is parasitic! That's one of the reasons they hate Obi with passion because he came into the political terrain to change the narrative.

Please, research on how he worn Anambra state As a Governor under APGA.

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by TheWorldNearEnd(f): 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2022
Of course they are.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Amb1045(m): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2022
Labour party don't do propaganda politics. All those defection are fake.

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Amb1045(m): 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2022
Obidents are not after party rather they are movement that want to take over. Eee go clear for una eyes soon

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by perez100: 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2022
Those who said nobody is defecting to Labour Party don't read news. APC is losing members heavily and somewhere in Benue State - a APC party Chairman cried out that they are heavily losing their members to Labour Party.

Labour Party are gaining members more than any other party. You can tell me LP position before and their position today. Come to East and other Zones and you will pity APC.

57 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by blackboy(m): 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2022
Most of emdefection ceremonies are shows paid for

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:
I have observed with keen interest the recent waves of defections and cross carpeting from APC TO PDP and vice Versa, even in some states like Oyo and Osun states, Bigwig politicians are defecting to parties like Accord and ADC,

However, with the way Peter Obis Obidient movement is sweeping across the board, taking over mainstream social media space, nobody, not even a lightweight politician has dumped his party for Labor Party, even in the southeast where he came from. Could this mean the Obidients still have a lot of homework to do? Just want to know as a political observer
When you are blinded by hate how will you notice the headlines

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Magnoliaa(f): 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
always serving it hot with the receipts. grin grin

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Nigerianization(m): 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2022
Unruly7:
Those that will be voting Obi are those voting for personality not party

I will vote Obi for president
I will vote PDP candidate for governor
I will vote APC for Rep

I don’t belong to any party

Correct. My uncle is an APC chieftain and my cousin is going for house of Assembly under APC. Of course I will vote for him and vote Peter Obi.

We sit together and argue about politics. But we are still brothers.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Oziens: 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
Where are you from? If you don't know simply ask questions and don't make a half-bake post.

The defection APC nembers to LP in Benue State, to the extent one of the APC bigwigs came out openly raising alarm that the APC National body should intervene is barely a week on this platform and other National daily.

So, what is the source of your information?
HappyRabbi:

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by DWickedLandLord: 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2022
Very simple...
The outcome of the election will show the viability of Labour Party as a third force.

N obi winning is not a necessity. But a good showing is a must

In other words, seeing is believing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by SlavaUkraini: 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
Simply because his time has not yet arrived..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Okoroawusa: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2022
post=116629203:

When you are blinded by hate how will you notice the headlines
Those defecting to Labour Party no get name? One notable person.... just one

155 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by iHateFraudsters: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
By the time 2023 go clear for your eyes, you'll know what it means to have enemies in your camp.

Members of APC and PDP will pull their party down from within.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Vulturereloaded: 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2022
This is the reason

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Writes Touching Letter To Ezekwesili / Another Photo Of GEJ In Masai Mara,kenya / Wike Hosts RCCG Pastor Adeboye In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.