Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? (33257 Views)

Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP / James Ibori Defecting To APC: 'PDP Jailed Me, APC Released Me' / Taiwo Fatiregun's Head Broken After Defecting To Another Party. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Powerhouse99: 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ruggedniggaone:
Those defectors are real politicians that know that nothing can make obi president under labour party so they wont waste their time and energy supporting a failed project

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by immortalcrown(m): 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2022
ATLIEN2027:

Irrational excuses.

The rational explanation and common sense reason is very simple.
All politicians and indeed most humans wants to be associated with a winner, they will be flocking to LP if they think they can win even if they don't like Obi.
But common sense and reality on ground dictates that LP and Obi ain't going to win jack hence the reluctance of others to join his party.
Number one goal of most politicians and human is to win, everything else is secondary.
Obi has ZERO chance of winning the election except if Atiku and Tinubu drops out today.
I said their party choice is because their defection is for their pockets alone, not for Nigeria. You said my comment is irrational. Is it now they started the defection? If the winning you mentioned is for Nigeria and not for them alone, why is it that the more they defect is the more Nigeria loses? Answer this question if you are not the irrational one. If you cannot answer the question, what then makes my comment irrational?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Blazebond(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2022
Green horn or novice for politics go argue say na because obi nor dey give shi shi or na because the people defecting are not clean or whatever,but experience person for the game go let you know say na because obi nor get political value,obi will learn the buhari way, euphoria of some youths will never be enough to win any presidential election in Nigeria,this was how buhari thought he was very popular but he shock when he lose three elections,he arrogantly and naively thought that with his regional popularity and his mr-no-stain rhetorics,he was good enough to win the presidency na later them advise him say he must collaborate o,na so obi own go be also,last last after he don taste like two bitter defeats ehn,he go find one powerful clique from the north to align with.all the defecting big wigs whether we like it or not all have political weight and they are going to sway their supporters votes to parties that they are switching to, politics is a bitch-ass game and it ain't fair or wlll never ever be fair,it is a game of Numbers and not a game of the best candidates or sainthood candidates.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by galaxy2020(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2022
Party members are not the structure, but voters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by NaijaFutbol: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:
I have observed with keen interest the recent waves of defections and cross carpeting from APC TO PDP and vice Versa, even in some states like Oyo and Osun states, Bigwig politicians are defecting to parties like Accord and ADC,

However, with the way Peter Obis Obidient movement is sweeping across the board, taking over mainstream social media space, nobody, not even a lightweight politician has dumped his party for Labor Party, even in the southeast where he came from. Could this mean the Obidients still have a lot of homework to do? Just want to know as a political observer

WHat other proof do you need that APC = PDP = greedy politicians and that Labour Party is the party of the people?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by richard870(m): 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2022
immortalcrown:
Those defecting are after what will enter their personal pockets, not for the welfare of Nigeria. That is why they are not going to LP.

Obi no dey give bribe.

Campaign season is a cool business for shameless people. What they get by ass-licking one party or the other during one election can sustain them for many years.
Because its simply a MEDIA SHOW! ....I'm not for any of them though
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Oracleforce: 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2022
Obi is Biafra's agenda....Obi and his follower are scammers...check.those.who.supporterd him most, they are mostly Igbo...people...propagating Biafraudn agenda.....
Obi.is.not.what Nigeria needs at this. point in time...let the Igbo people. keep pressing for the the the the biafraudn republic ..one day, they will get it...and leave aso. villa for those who believe in Nigeria's future ....you can't rule the country. you don't believe in...so., I refuse to support obituary Pthief

Those who believe in Biafra vote for Obi...

As.for me, Biafraudn no concern me....

Lemme Kuku for ma vote the least popular candidate....

Yes...I please my conscience...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by jookco(m): 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2022
In Abia state Dr. Alex Oti defected to Labour Party and is projected to win the upcoming governorship election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by biafranrealson: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2022
pre requisite for voting obi is not being a member of labour party'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ruggedniggaone:
Those defectors are real politicians that know that nothing can make obi president under labour party so they wont waste their time and energy supporting a failed project

Those defectors are the reason Nigeria is still where it is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by immortalcrown(m): 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2022
richard870:
Because its simply a MEDIA SHOW! ....I'm not for any of them though
The media show that gives them sleepless night. The media show that influences their defection.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by ImperialYoruba: 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
Igbos are defecting to LP.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Powerhouse99: 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:
I have observed with keen interest the recent waves of defections and cross carpeting from APC TO PDP and vice Versa, even in some states like Oyo and Osun states, Bigwig politicians are defecting to parties like Accord and ADC,

However, with the way Peter Obis Obidient movement is sweeping across the board, taking over mainstream social media space, nobody, not even a lightweight politician has dumped his party for Labor Party, even in the southeast where he came from. Could this mean the Obidients still have a lot of homework to do? Just want to know as a political observer

You didn't hear of Valentine Ozigbo, PDP gubernatorial candidate for November 2021 governorship election in Anambra State, Victor Ume, and others too numerous to mention that decamped to Labour Party from their respective political parties?
GRV The gubernatorial candidate in Lagos state decamped from PDP to Labour Party, Salvador a senatorial candidate under Labour party decamped from APC to Labour Party as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Ganiyu2021: 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2022
LDP must be a joke, all other party are busy visiting different states and communities in other to get to the grass root as usual just to make them win, but obedient is just online on Twitter their home for disturbing and when the other party win na rigging we go for LDP they are going no where. grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by samfrancis1(m): 5:37pm On Sep 13, 2022
seedgreen:
this is the response of the year. it couldnt habe been better .
the personality in couldnt remain with in a Oga.. personality he couldn’t remain with at pdp.. whc mumu personality be that one .. a vote for Obi might just be a wasted vote..if eventually Obi wins,, he might just be another weakling in power.. and we can’t deal with that….

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by udede(m): 5:38pm On Sep 13, 2022
You don't need to be a party member to vote for your choice candidate, Nigerians join party to collect their own palliative and loots. Nothing else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by stanisbaratheon: 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2022
Those defections you see happening are money induced defections, and since Obi won't give money you hardly see anyone defecting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Musauzor(m): 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2022
Shut up and stop spewing rubbish. In Imo State many popular politicians have defected to the LP. Senator Ezenwa Onyewuchi representing Owerri Zone; Hon. Uche Ogbuagu; Hon. Jeff Ojinika, former member House of Representatives; Chief Ifeanyi Araraume Jr, former commissioner of Commerce; Senator Anthan Achonu( Agu Otu Aka) ; Hon. Chikwem Onuoha; and a host of other prominent politicians Imo State. Peter Obi is a masses project and not a project of corrupt and greedy politicians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Tinyemeka(m): 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/08/04/enugu-2023-chijioke-edeoga-wins-labour-party-guber-primary-election/
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by adioolayi(m): 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:

grin grin grin Bad guy grin grin
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Danniedpastor(m): 5:42pm On Sep 13, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Those defecting to Labour Party no get name? One notable person.... just one
You didn't see Mos hood Salvador amongst other names right?
Or are you rehearsing blindness?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by dannypaul(m): 5:42pm On Sep 13, 2022
Cos we don't share Dollars or promise appointment/contract

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by adioolayi(m): 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2022
IgOga:
grin grin grin

The transfer window will officially open on the 28th of Sep........Obi himself may be bought by Atiku dollars grin grin grin grin

Somebody said Obi was planning a false flag assassination on himself to explain why he is quitting the race.....it is said he plans to blame APC and Tinubu....but who knows these politicians are unreliable though

You are wicked cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Kirkman: 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2022
If he wins the elections, you will see how those ashewo politicians will port to Labour party. The same way that they ported to APC when APC won the presidential elections. Whoever knew APC before?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Banhammy717: 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2022
Heavyweight Politicians are detecting to labour Party.
Two governors dumped PDP for Labour Party on Twitter.
Three Governors detected to labour Party from APC on Facebook.
Twelve members of Senate joined labour Party from APGA on Nairaland.

That's enough reason to win Presidency.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Mujtahida: 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2022
Jennifer663:
Exactly oo
He's on his own!
I don't even know where you stand.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by richard870(m): 5:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
immortalcrown:
The media show that gives them sleepless night. The media show that influences their defection.
undecided
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Ijaya123: 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2022
immortalcrown:
Those defecting are after what will enter their personal pockets, not for the welfare of Nigeria. That is why they are not going to LP.

Obi no dey give bribe.

Campaign season is a cool business for shameless people. What they get by ass-licking one party or the other during one election can sustain them for many years.

I said their party choice is because their defection is for their pockets alone, not for Nigeria. You said my comment is irrational. Is it now they started the defection? If the winning you mentioned is for Nigeria and not for them alone, why does Nigeria keep losing? Answer this question if you are not the irrational one. If you cannot answer the question, what then makes my comment irrational?

Even your Peter Obi was a PDP member some few weeks ago.

Guess he defected to go after what will enter his personal pockets as well.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Devil1Messenger: 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:

It is simple na
Many of us belongs to another party but rooting for obi for presidency
We nor dey see LP as a party
I be card carrying PDP member but na Obi I dey voice for for presidency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 13, 2022
2Radii:
shataapu

Olodo grin
I pity you!
Just to talk because others are talking.
Shame on you
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by plaindealer: 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2022
Who in their God's give right mind won join these terrorist clowns?

Mba.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rashida Bello Covers Vivian Lam Glamour Magazine / Uduaghan Congratulates Fayemi Amidst Defection Rumour / INEC Blocks Ezekwesili's Withdrawal From Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.