Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? (33258 Views)

Obasanjo Not Yet A Member Of Our Party Despite Endorsing Atiku– PDP / James Ibori Defecting To APC: 'PDP Jailed Me, APC Released Me' / Taiwo Fatiregun's Head Broken After Defecting To Another Party. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by daroz(m): 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2022
I am a PDP supporter to the core, but for 2023 Presidency, I am supporting Peter Obi, and I don't need to decamp to Labour to do that.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by DeeGov123(m): 5:55pm On Sep 13, 2022
Bros calm down , let peter obi wins first and see if all the politicians will not move to labour party
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Agadinaagwuofe: 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Those defecting to Labour Party no get name? One notable person.... just one

What are you saying? The current senator representing Imo east (Onyewuchi Ezenwa Francis) Decamp from PDP to LP, again Fed house of rep representing Ideato North/South (Obi Pascal Chigozie) decamped from APC to LP.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by immortalcrown(m): 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ijaya123:

Even your Peter Obi was a PDP member some few weeks ago.

Guess he defected to go after what will enter his personal pockets as well.
At least, he defected to LP, not to APC. That one alone is a significant difference. Whether he is in LP for his pocket or for Nigeria cannot be proven now that he has not led Nigeria under LP. I do not argue with assumptions, I argue with facts. I am yet to know if he is in LP for himself or for Nigeria. But I have confirmed that other influential politicians moving between APC and PDP are for themselves and not for Nigeria.

Second, that I said the truth does note make Obi my Obi. Stop hating the truth when it does not suite your sentiment. I am not even a supporter of one Nigeria. I am not campaigning for Obi. But when fools like you bring up irrational logic about the candidates, I prove you wrong. That I am not interested in one Nigeria does not stop me from knowing and supporting the truth. The truth is Obi is better than the other candidates. If you want the best for your Nigeria, choose Obi. If you want the worst for your Nigeria but you claim you love your Nigeria, reject Obi.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by 2Radii: 5:59pm On Sep 13, 2022
Jennifer663:

I pity you!
Just to talk because others are talking.
Shame on you
ahahaha grin grin

U re deluded, you wey no get directions grin

Confused lesbian
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Agadinaagwuofe: 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2022
Musauzor:
Shut up and stop spewing rubbish. In Imo State many popular politicians have defected to the LP. Senator Ezenwa Onyewuchi representing Owerri Zone; Hon. Uche Ogbuagu; Hon. Jeff Ojinika, former member House of Representatives; Chief Ifeanyi Araraume Jr, former commissioner of Commerce; Senator Anthan Achonu( Agu Otu Aka) ; Hon. Chikwem Onuoha; and a host of other prominent politicians Imo State. Peter Obi is a masses project and not a project of corrupt and greedy politicians

Very correct, even Pascal Obi Federal rep for Ideato north/south.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by LollySeaSide: 6:01pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:
I have observed with keen interest the recent waves of defections and cross carpeting from APC TO PDP and vice Versa, even in some states like Oyo and Osun states, Bigwig politicians are defecting to parties like Accord and ADC,

However, with the way Peter Obis Obidient movement is sweeping across the board, taking over mainstream social media space, nobody, not even a lightweight politician has dumped his party for Labor Party, even in the southeast where he came from. Could this mean the Obidients still have a lot of homework to do? Just want to know as a political observer
You obviously don't know about politics.
As someone who has been in the game for a long time, I can tell you for free that 98% of the defections are either induced with money or some form of agreements.
You won't hear of defections to the Labour Party because Obi's movement is non-partisan.
Majority of the people who would make Obi President don't even belong to a political party.
And for your information, those who'll stay in the PDP and APC and work for Obi's emergence are more dangerous than those who'll defect.
It's happening in my own local government right now.
Several meetings have been held and these people are not only staying in the main parties to work for a candidate in an "unknown" party, they are also contributing money covertly to fund his campaign.
A lot will unfold in the coming days.
Just keep your fingers crossed.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by edungene7: 6:01pm On Sep 13, 2022
Do u expect thieve to run into a church to continue stealing? Obviously the average Nigerian criminal politician has a mindset of decamping into criminality Obi is a movement 2023 shall be between Obi and the youth vs the criminal cartel
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by CaptainFM1: 6:03pm On Sep 13, 2022
There's no money to steal there. Because we no dey give shi-shi.
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by cutepaul(m): 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
PVC doesn't need a political party to function..... Honestly if PO can contest without a political party he would....... Party na constitutional requirement....... What would matter on that day is voting widely with ur PVC
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by egunna(m): 6:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:
I have observed with keen interest the recent waves of defections and cross carpeting from APC TO PDP and vice Versa, even in some states like Oyo and Osun states, Bigwig politicians are defecting to parties like Accord and ADC,

However, with the way Peter Obis Obidient movement is sweeping across the board, taking over mainstream social media space, nobody, not even a lightweight politician has dumped his party for Labor Party, even in the southeast where he came from. Could this mean the Obidients still have a lot of homework to do? Just want to know as a political observer
who is in labour party?u think if dere was anybody in labour party,obi will be their flag bearer?u check am nah,who dey dere?mention 5 serious ppl.not Charli Charli ppl oooo
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Babastrong(m): 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
Real Politicians will never decamp to LP Because they know that elections do not take place on social media.
Obi is creating awareness against 2039. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Oyiboman69: 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:
will you say the same thing if they joined labor party?
those defecting are politicians who benefited directly from the party of their followers who benefited from them. however, lp is comprises of both politicians and the ordinary man who is tired of the status quo. do you think in reality that party members are more than non party members?. I will draw your attention to the fact that those who are not party members are more than all the political party members combined....
Their only hope is vote buying nothing more....
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Babastrong(m): 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by mastermaestro(m): 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
Point to one progressive, sane nation where politicians and party members defect in droves like they do in Nigeria during election season. Not a single one! Sincerely, Nigeria has not even started out as an entity.

May those who laid this evil foundation never know peace!
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by HappyRabbi: 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2022
AderonkeOlaniyi:

You are a dull and ignorant political observer
y

A typical Obi supporter like you cannot engage in any discourse without resorting to insult.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Teenaira: 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2022
immortalcrown:
Those defecting are after what will enter their personal pockets, not for the welfare of Nigeria. That is why they are not going to LP.

Obi no dey give bribe.

Campaign season is a cool business for shameless people. What they get by ass-licking one party or the other during one election can sustain them for many years.

I said their party choice is because their defection is for their pockets alone, not for Nigeria. You said my comment is irrational. Is it now they started the defection? If the winning you mentioned is for Nigeria and not for them alone, why is it that the more they defect and win is the more Nigeria loses? Answer this question if you are not the irrational one. If you cannot answer the question, what then makes my comment irrational?

Would you have an idea of how much bribe Peter Obi took to move to PDP since we know the main motivation for moving to the big parties is bribe and personal gains ? Just wondering.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by benzion72(m): 6:17pm On Sep 13, 2022
This should be youth revolution. Those cross carpeting are clog in the wheel of progress
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Decent09(m): 6:17pm On Sep 13, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
This is the reason

And Una no go win, naso una go run leave us for our villages, una say una get money abi, give us small make we chop na
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Chrismania100: 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2022
Until you guys realise that these guys are Tinubu paid touts who were recently recruited online to create many accounts online in the name of Obi supporters,to type messages and counter the same messages they uploaded
Tinubu paid these guys to stay online 247 attack Peter Obi so that you guys will be discouraged from supporting Obi.These paid crooks have resumed work full-time.
Plz on what ground is APC campaing for?Afeyr all this Calamity they brought to this Country,they still have the gut to keep brainwashing People? The worst part is that,they are not even ashame of themselves.Honestly, I see it that some people are mentally unstable in thus Country.Whoever campaing for APC or Tinubu should know that either he is mentally unstable or that he has a generational uncurable curse from his forefathers which have been permanently stamped in his blood stream,cos no Normal human being would support Tinubu.Forget about Politics or sentimental.When you see where Tinubu talked recently,you willl know both Tinubu and his supporters are candidates of Psychiatric patients,cos something is wrong somewhere.
How can you support Shetima a chief founder of Boko haram and Tinubu whose both age,health and everything about him is questionable?
This is what we called Corruption is fighting back syndrome. When people said black men are evil,this is a typical of what they meant.These are type of yoruba evill and jealous people,who are so bent on ensuring that whether alive or dead,Tinubu must be in Aso Rock.They hate Obi becos Obi is an igbo man,but right inside them they know that Obi is the best of them all,but we're crowded by tribalisric hatred and envy towards igbos.But,the igbos will shock them.
They would prefer to see this country fell inside a deep Ocean than seeing an igbo man climbing the Aso throne.

These guys saw the wave Peter Obi was making day in day out cos their Structureless accusations could not deter or discourage people from supporting Obi.Now,they kept digging &digging to see if they could see any fact they would use hold Obi.Someone who was busy digging Obi data, had easily forgotten that their Tinubu candidates,had millions of dent/bad records on Tinubu record, from age,change if names,qualifications, Lekki massacre allegations, health &numerous of them.The only hope they have is Rigging.I have counted countless time, and could not see where Tinubu would get his bulk votes.I am 100% that Tinubu would come last in this election.Forget that he used billion dollars he stolen from slaving numerous lagosians to buy his primary tickets,&forgetting that general election is a different ball games.

Imagine these criminalsss calling Obi a liar,whereas this Tinubu is a king of lies, who was busy campaining for APC 2015 that they would equate $1 =#1 ,and that Universities would never go on strike during their regime. Tinubu attacked and insulted Goodluck even used dead body coffin to mark the dead of Goodluck,throughout their campaign is now telling you that Obi supporters are very insulting,can you imagine? If Only people have melted the one-quarter of insult Tinubu on Goodluck,you would have sued Obi by now.Bunch of fool,whose blood are soiled with hatred and envy,but it will soon shock you.

These people are demonic yoruba tribalisticals who have sold their souls for their selfish interests.Their candidates have been dodging life interviews, cos they he has nothing to offer Nigeria.
I encourage everyone to ignore all this their everyday attacks and their useless evidence that they kept displaying,just to discourage you..They are aware that their own candidates don't stand any single chance by the way Obi popularity kept growing.These people stole somuch money that they are afraid they will go to jail if Obi finally won.Reno Omkri, for example stolen so much during Goodluck regime, & ran out of the Country for fear of being disgraced of going to jail.
The reason he wants a corrupted leader to enter so that he would wash away his sin.He knows that Obi will tame and jail him.
But, one thing is certain,we are all Obident,we are by far ahead of them.Donot allow this their yete criticism to discourage you.

Both Tinubu and Atiku are criminalsss and donot have anything to offer you.Tinubu vice is a well known supporter of Boko haram,beside Tinubu is seriously sick and would not have the strength to travel for the tedious presidential kind of job.While Atiku will steal the remaining Nigeria assets and enrich his old cabal criminalss,other slave servants like Dino Melaye and Reno etc ,the reason they kept marketing him,knowing full well their candidates are all evil and do not wish well for Nigerians.
The kind Islamic killing towards Christians if Tinubu/Shetima mistakenly won will be a child's play through.
So my fellow obidient, know their game plans and defeat them on their games,let them keep wasting their time on Obi attacks, we can never be discouraged or deterred.The only hope they have is rigging this election.

We are ready to shake Nigeria and take over our country come 2023.

Ruggedniggaone:
Those defectors are real politicians that know that nothing can make obi president under labour party so they wont waste their time and energy supporting a failed project
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Thedon22: 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2022
Because him tu dey lie .

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Dididrumz(m): 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2022
We don't need to be Labour Party members to vote for Peter Obi.

We don't even care about Labour Party right now, what we're after is the man "Peter Obi".
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Ijaya123: 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2022
immortalcrown:
At least, he defected to LP, not to APC. That one alone is a significant difference. Whether he is in LP for his pocket or for Nigeria cannot be proven now that he has not led Nigeria under LP. I do not argue with assumptions, I argue with facts. I am yet to know if he is in LP for himself or for Nigeria. But I have confirmed that other influential politicians moving between APC and PDP are for themselves and not for Nigeria.

Second, that I said the truth does note make Obi my Obi. Stop hating the truth when it does not suite your sentiment. I am not even a supporter of one Nigeria. I am not campaigning for Obi. But when fools like you bring up irrational logic about the candidates, I prove you wrong. That I am not interested in one Nigeria does not stop me from knowing and supporting the truth. The truth is Obi is better than the other candidates. If you want the best for your Nigeria, choose Obi. If you want the worst for your Nigeria but you claim you love your Nigeria, reject Obi.

Why are Peter Obi supporters so incapable of engaging others without throwing insult and abuse? They keep exposing their terrible upbringing and disgracing their lineage. Such pathetic lots.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Benwallt(m): 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2022
Obi himself is not 100% Labour party. He will soon collapse into PDP. Obi is not a politician he is a pretender
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Babastrong(m): 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2022
[quote author=daroz post=116632955]I am a PDP supporter to the core, but for 2023 Presidency, I am supporting Peter Obi, and I don't need to decamp to Labour to do that.[ What are you saying now? We are talking of real politicians not "wannabe supporter". Are you a politician? Tell us your ward and the numbers of people you can mobilise. Mind you, i am an APC youth leader in my ward(code:30-04-03-001) i have hundreds of youths that will follow me to any where i am going. That's what the OP is saying.]
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by iHateFraudsters: 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2022
Illegal1:

false hope...

Ok
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by mvem(m): 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:

The answer is quite simple...Obi popularity is simply personality not partisan...people will vote him for his person and will likely vote another party for other positions
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Thomasankara(m): 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2022
[/color]I don't trust the guy,he can do exactly[color=#770077]
IgOga:
grin grin grin

The transfer window will officially open on the 28th of Sep........Obi himself may be bought by Atiku dollars grin grin grin grin

Somebody said Obi was planning a false flag assassination on himself to explain why he is quitting the race.....it is said he plans to blame APC and Tinubu....but who knows these politicians are unreliable though
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by kizyalex10(m): 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyRabbi:

this major fact u stated here is even why people still believe in Peter obi government,it won’t make sense to preach. Why he preach and still have gang of thieves surround him like buhari preaching change yet have Tinubu,Atiku,amaechi,all surrounding him during 2015 election,the known thieves we know
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by ufotunang: 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
Because those politicians thinks that labour party is just an upcoming new party which is not all that strong and popular like PDP and APC party that is strong and popular
Re: Why Is Nobody Defecting To Labor Party Despite Obis Growing Popularity? by Bayyajidda(m): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2022
Rozross:
Because he’s not truly accepted in reality, social media is nothing.

Like you're paid peanut to hype the drug lord on social media.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: 39 Companies Express Interest In Constructing It / Pictures Of The First Nigerian Owned Satellite Earth Station / Fayose Donates N500000 & Okada To A Crippled Cobbler (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.