Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas (45049 Views)

What I Did When 33k Was Not Enough And My PPA Was Not Paying Me. / The Massive Corruption At The Government Hospital Where I Did My NYSC: Ex Corper / I Found This On NYSC Handbook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by merits(m): 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
ElBenny:
Back in my NYSC camp, Afikpo, Ebonyi State, I had this friend.

We met at the registration desk on the first day of my arrival. He was behind me on the queue to the "Book of Life" registration.

I remember cracking a joke right there, everyone laughed, he responded with another joke that prompted another loud mass of laughter.

I took interest in him instantly (I'm highly attracted to sarcastic and humorous people), and we got talking instantly.

We completed the registration that evening together and even "hustled" to get our mattresses and a convenient bed space.

You know, it's good to have one person you're attached to in a new environment/adventure as that makes your adaption easier.

We did a lot together, walked to the auditorium together, ate meals at mammy Market together, went to the parade ground together, even though we were in different platoons.

Since he told me his name was John, I fondly called him Johnny.

Oh the very last day of camp, the atmosphere had an exit setting.

Everyone was parting ways here and there, I and Johnny parted ways at the gate.

I hopped into the bus that would convey I and other corps members back to Port Harcourt and realized I hadn't exchange phone numbers with Johnny.

I called him out from the bus that was already moving slowly and beckoned on him to input his phone number hurriedly as I handed out my phone to him.

He inputed his phone number in less than 10 seconds and returned the phone back to me.

Coincidentally my mobile data was on and truecaller displayed his number as "John Thomas."

Of all names, why JOHN THOMAS? �

Lolz. I no save the number again, I've not heard from him for 3 months now AND THAT'S OKAY! �

Nothing concern me and my fellow man "amu"

You loose,do you know what that guy can do for you in future to come?there is always a reason we met different people at different places, it's all God designed, and you didn't save his number because of common name.if I may ask you John and Thomas is a name of person right,So why are you thinking like a Pauper?

2 Likes

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Komu1048(m): 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2022
mbahdi:
Seun osewa nairaland founder is a tribal bigot.
Beware of him.thats why they ban anyone who opposes Dem,and he will suffer for 1000years.oya ban me

So what do u expect us to do. Exit Nairaland?
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by bempirenig: 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
Lovely.

Making friends is beautiful.
I only like it on line of professionalism which I may term my modus operandi of networking

1 Like

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
illicit:
I have met a certain guy from Ondo state named George Rutherford

Wtf

What kind of Nigerian parents names their child such rigid names
shocked
What a rigid name!

1 Like

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2022
mbahdi:
Beware of him.thats why they ban anyone who opposes Dem,and he will suffer for 1000years.oya ban me

Seun was right about you Igbos, you always play the victim card but you had your own evil you inflicted on others too
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by almarthins(m): 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
mbahdi:

Nawa 4 you oh.
If him no want you here, many platform still dey out there.
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Injera(f): 9:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
I know a recent female law graduate named "Emancipation". This is the most bizarre name I ever heard I will like to know why the parents christened her so.

1 Like

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by CaptainFM1: 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
ElBenny:
Back in my NYSC camp, Afikpo, Ebonyi State, I had this friend.

We met at the registration desk on the first day of my arrival. He was behind me on the queue to the "Book of Life" registration.

I remember cracking a joke right there, everyone laughed, he responded with another joke that prompted another loud mass of laughter.

I took interest in him instantly (I'm highly attracted to sarcastic and humorous people), and we got talking instantly.

We completed the registration that evening together and even "hustled" to get our mattresses and a convenient bed space.

You know, it's good to have one person you're attached to in a new environment/adventure as that makes your adaption easier.

We did a lot together, walked to the auditorium together, ate meals at mammy Market together, went to the parade ground together, even though we were in different platoons.

Since he told me his name was John, I fondly called him Johnny.

Oh the very last day of camp, the atmosphere had an exit setting.

Everyone was parting ways here and there, I and Johnny parted ways at the gate.

I hopped into the bus that would convey I and other corps members back to Port Harcourt and realized I hadn't exchange phone numbers with Johnny.

I called him out from the bus that was already moving slowly and beckoned on him to input his phone number hurriedly as I handed out my phone to him.

He inputed his phone number in less than 10 seconds and returned the phone back to me.

Coincidentally my mobile data was on and truecaller displayed his number as "John Thomas."

Of all names, why JOHN THOMAS? �

Lolz. I no save the number again, I've not heard from him for 3 months now AND THAT'S OKAY! �

Nothing concern me and my fellow man "amu"

Lol.

True caller pick aggregate/average name that is attached to the number in social media space and from what people generally store the number as.

You may be shocked what people see from True caller when they dial your number. If people have been saving your name as Olosho because they met you at Allen junction, True caller may bring your name as Halima Olosho.

It is the garbage that is fed into the space that Truecaller returns. Some people would call me and Truecaller will bring their name as "Scammer". When I even try to listen to them, you would hear: "I'm James Akindele calling from Access Bank or I mistakenly send a data to your phone...and all that their scamming lines.

Overtime, people have being tagging that number as scam, scammer, scamming, Yahooyahoo etc.

1 Like

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Cti28(m): 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2022
mbahdi:
Chai! Vawulence dey sleep, yanga wan wake am up.
Lol, but he is truly mutumin banza.

1 Like

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by OscarDboss: 9:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sammysaga:
sorry, he's a gay... I feel so sad too
I found out in a painful way
E pain me
I no go lie
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by etrange: 9:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
madjune:
You sound so gay.

A man getting so attracted to his fellow man.

You guys are so sensitive and your masculinity so fragile. You can get attracted to anybody that has the qualities you like. If you're into business, you'd be attracted to people that do business. If you're a programmer, you might be attracted to programmers. There are some set of people you'd rather have around you. The English expression for that is "people you're attracted to". It mustn't be sexual. Don't let your masculinity become toxic to you up to the point of being scared to use certain words. The OP is confident in his sexuality.
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by BeardedMeat(m): 9:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
Vertraulichkeit:
Your small-mindedness sucks.
The whole story is messed up.
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Iadymissile(f): 9:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
mbahdi:
Nzeogwo that initiated the coup wasn't even Igbo.
he was from present day Delta State

1 Like

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by BeardedMeat(m): 9:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
abc115:

Fake Story

After the camp , you joined bus to PHC and not your place of Primary Assignment?

Continue your lies
He hung out with John Thomas for a month without asking for his number until he was already on board a bus on the last day.. chuckles.

2 Likes

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Iadymissile(f): 9:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Harmattan123(m): 9:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
Jamaica hall no be play OOO
Officer Kabiru blow the trumpet

1 Like

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by ikpumbe(m): 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
mbahdi:

The guy is a stinking tribal idiot

2 Likes

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Iadymissile(f): 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
Starz825:
No be bayelsa person dey bear "document"
Evergreen4:
He must be from Bayelsa

a thread was posted here on funny names and I came across Bayelsa own , someone even bear Identity card.

1 Like

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Bayyajidda(m): 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
mbahdi:

Don't mind the tribal bigot. He and his policeman called Mynd are birds of same feather. Reason why he replaced lalasticlala, so they can establish their tribal agenda. They will fail.

1 Like

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by BeardedMeat(m): 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
mbahdi:
He's a cvnt!
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Iadymissile(f): 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
Goodman247:
Is there anything wrong with that name, is just that in Nigeria slangs it means gbola grin grin
Nigerian slangs ke?
Britons use it as a euphemism for prick

1 Like

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by sonnie10: 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
Starz825:
No be bayelsa person dey bear "document"

Niger delta people and weird names.

The other one real name is Government
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Iadymissile(f): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Freshgrace4life:
I don see person wey him name na Paramount ..
where is he from?
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Iadymissile(f): 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
NotKnown:
But why would you mock him and his name?
If someone should discriminate against you cos of your name you go like am?
You lost a good friend cos of your myopic thinking.
Good luck with life.
another gay spotted
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Iadymissile(f): 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
CaptainFM1:

Lol.

True caller pick aggregate/average name that is attached to the number in social media space and from what people generally store the number as.

You may be shocked what people see from True caller when they dial your number. If people have been saving your name as Olosho because they met you at Allen junction, True caller may bring your name as Halima Olosho.

It is the garbage that is fed into the space that Truecaller returns. Some people would call me and Truecaller will bring their name as "Scammer". When I even try to listen them, you would here: "I'm James Akindele calling from Access Bank or I mistakenly send a data to your phone...and all that their scamming lines.

Overtime, people have being tagging that number as scam, scammer, scamming, Yahooyahoo etc.
God bless you and you're right.
my Truecaller details display my nairaland moniker, i was so surprised but found out most nairalanders i have transaction with save my contacts on their phone with my nairaland moniker
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by detectivejones: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
'I took interest in him,' 'highly attracted.' Hmmm...Hope you're not in the closet o.
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by DJANGOTBG: 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2022

After reading this part; nothing wey person go tell me.
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Freshgrace4life(f): 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2022
Iadymissile:
where is he from?
From Plateau or so , he's Hausa by tribe .
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by BeanmanX(m): 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
This OP is very childish I swear,,,u need to grow up. undecided
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by DJANGOTBG: 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
Ganjafama:
I have had classmates bearing Paul Aeroplane and Fineboy Remember.

What? Seriously? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Call Up Letter Out. Where Are You Posted? / Female Corper Celebrates Her Birthday With A Wheelbarrow Ride (Funny Photos) / NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.