Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas (45054 Views)

What I Did When 33k Was Not Enough And My PPA Was Not Paying Me. / The Massive Corruption At The Government Hospital Where I Did My NYSC: Ex Corper / I Found This On NYSC Handbook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by everythinggirly(f): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2022
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the name.
I know of someone back in my school days, his name was Ogbanje, as in surname, and another pretty gals surname was Otapiapia. There's nothing wrong with JT.
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by darexolu16(m): 9:00am On Sep 16, 2022
ElBenny:
Back in my NYSC camp, Afikpo, Ebonyi State, I had this friend.

We met at the registration desk on the first day of my arrival. He was behind me on the queue to the "Book of Life" registration.

I remember cracking a joke right there, everyone laughed, he responded with another joke that prompted another loud mass of laughter.

I took interest in him instantly (I'm highly attracted to sarcastic and humorous people), and we got talking instantly.

We completed the registration that evening together and even "hustled" to get our mattresses and a convenient bed space.

You know, it's good to have one person you're attached to in a new environment/adventure as that makes your adaption easier.

We did a lot together, walked to the auditorium together, ate meals at mammy Market together, went to the parade ground together, even though we were in different platoons.

Since he told me his name was John, I fondly called him Johnny.

Oh the very last day of camp, the atmosphere had an exit setting.

Everyone was parting ways here and there, I and Johnny parted ways at the gate.

I hopped into the bus that would convey I and other corps members back to Port Harcourt and realized I hadn't exchange phone numbers with Johnny.

I called him out from the bus that was already moving slowly and beckoned on him to input his phone number hurriedly as I handed out my phone to him.

He inputed his phone number in less than 10 seconds and returned the phone back to me.

Coincidentally my mobile data was on and truecaller displayed his number as "John Thomas."

Of all names, why JOHN THOMAS? �

Lolz. I no save the number again, I've not heard from him for 3 months now AND THAT'S OKAY! �

Nothing concern me and my fellow man "amu"

omo na gay op be this ooo
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by kennyclassic: 9:19am On Sep 16, 2022
For a sec I thought it was a lady getting attracted to a humorous and funny guy, coupled with attachment of being in a new environment. This your story no go well for me
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by nooker: 10:01am On Sep 16, 2022
ElBenny:

We met at the registration desk on the first day of my arrival. He was behind me on the queue to the "Book of Life" registration.

I remember cracking a joke right there, everyone laughed, he responded with another joke that prompted another loud mass of laughter.

I took interest in him instantly (I'm highly attracted to sarcastic and humorous people), and we got talking instantly.

We completed the registration that evening together and even "hustled" to get our mattresses and a convenient bed space.

You know, it's good to have one person you're attached to in a new environment/adventure as that makes your adaption easier.

We did a lot together, walked to the auditorium together, ate meals at mammy Market together, went to the parade ground together, even though we were in different platoons.

I hopped into the bus that would convey I and other corps members back to Port Harcourt and realized I hadn't exchange phone numbers with Johnny.

I called him out from the bus that was already moving slowly and beckoned on him to input his phone number hurriedly as I handed out my phone to him.

He inputed his phone number in less than 10 seconds and returned the phone back to me.

Coincidentally my mobile data was on and truecaller displayed his number as "John Thomas."

Lolz. I no save the number again, I've not heard from him for 3 months now AND THAT'S OKAY! �

Na the real story be this @bolded
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by OvertheTop(m): 10:20am On Sep 16, 2022
ElBenny:

When i Read your Story,
I had to check several times to Confirm You are a MALE.

This Write is expected from a Lady about a Guy she had a crush on or so undecided
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Badadvisor: 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
ElBenny:
Mumu! So you no read the part wey I write "nothing concern me and my fellow man amu?"
Your father na mumu
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by etrange: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
madjune:

I know what you mean.

I served a long time ago, possibly long before you were born...but, it's weird; in the fashion he made it, to beg a man ( fellow man) for his contact.

Haba.

Do not change the narrative to fit your mindset. He did not beg. He requested for the guy's number. This is very normal and that's exactly what any confident person would do. If you spend 3 weeks with someone who could be a good friend, and you shy away from taking thier number simply because you're scared it might seem gay, you simply lack self confidence. It means you're not even so sure of your own sexuality. Any straight man whose sexuality is not remotely questionable wouldn't even think the way you're thinking.

And no, you couldn't have served before I was born, but if you're indeed that old, and you still have these insecurities, I'd suggest you engage in some self awareness exercise to figure out what the issue is.
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by madjune(m): 2:05pm On Sep 16, 2022
etrange:

Do not change the narrative to fit your mindset. He did not beg. He requested for the guy's number. This is very normal and that's exactly what any confident person would do. If you spend 3 weeks with someone who could be a good friend, and you shy away from taking thier number simply because you're scared it might seem gay, you simply lack self confidence. It means you're not even so sure of your own sexuality. Any straight man whose sexuality is not remotely questionable wouldn't even think the way you're thinking.

And no, you couldn't have served before I was born, but if you're indeed that old, and you still have these insecurities, I'd suggest you engage in some self awareness exercise to figure out what the issue is.

Cut the long epistle.

I'm sure you're gay too. I'm Biblically "Obident" and have insecurities over anything closely "gay" in color or form.

In the old days, folks like you would have been stoned or hung.
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by etrange: 2:12pm On Sep 16, 2022
ElBenny:
My brother! 60% of these people here are calling me gay and are so sure of it. Just because I said I got attracted to him because he was full of humour and sarcasm. Reading the comments stinks. Na wa oh

I don't know your sexuality, and to be honest, I really don't care about people's sexuality as it's none of my business. However, I don't think there's anything in your story that suggests you're gay. Anyone that reads your story and finds it gay is either suffering from toxic masculinity or simply projecting thier own insecurities.

Meanwhile, now that I have your attention, did you really cut communication with a potential friend cause of his name? You guys...
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by etrange: 2:22pm On Sep 16, 2022
madjune:

Cut the long epistle.

I'm sure you're gay too. I'm Biblically "Obident" and have insecurities over anything closely "gay" in color or form.

In the old days, folks like you would have been stoned or hung.

Lol... you sound like a traumatized kid. Honestly, I wonder how people live like this. I'm sure you call anyone that laughs at your joke a bit too much GAY! Only God knows the things you've let go because you don't want people to see you as gay. As sad as it is, I'm not going to call your life miserable. But it's good to know your submissions have nothing to do with the OP but rather a manifestation of your own background, past experiences or maybe suppressed feelings. Like I said, a confidently straight man would never think this way.
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by madjune(m): 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2022
etrange:

Lol... you sound like a traumatized kid. Honestly, I wonder how people live like this. I'm sure you call anyone that laughs at your joke a bit too much GAY! Only God knows the things you've let go because you don't want people to see you as gay. As sad as it is, I'm not going to call your life miserable. But it's good to know your submissions have nothing to do with the OP but rather a manifestation of your own background, past experiences or maybe suppressed feelings. Like I said, a confidently straight man would never think this way.

A confidently straight man thinks about money or p...sy.

Not his fellow man's phone number.
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by Chillp44: 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2022
OscarDboss:
While Reading this I thought you were a girl
Now I feel somehow
Aswrugad

My thought too
Re: What I Did When I Found Out His Name Was John Thomas by etrange: 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
madjune:

A confidently straight man thinks about money or p...sy.

Not his fellow man's phone number.

Yes... you don't need your fellow man to make money. You just stand and money will fall on you. For someone as old as you claim to be, your outlook is appalling.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Call Up Letter Out. Where Are You Posted? / Female Corper Celebrates Her Birthday With A Wheelbarrow Ride (Funny Photos) / NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.