Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,633 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Honest Question To The Christians - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Honest Question To The Christians (7965 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians / Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by midnight378: 3:01am On Sep 17, 2022
Endtimer:

- Yes, increased unbelief is correlated with decreased rates of personal fulfillment. We are all aware that the west is experiencing reduced religious involvement. Cursory internet searches will furnish you with associated data on decreased personal happiness. Your question is therefore pointless. Whether it is directly caused by or just happens to coincide with is beside the point.

Wrong . your unsupported assertions are what are meaningless... you have no clue how many people are or are not happy, (your assumption that religion makes people happy and live better lives is what is known as Utilitarianism ). You have no data and you have not justifies the Utilitarian model. Fail.

- Your point about finding your own purpose is subjective and ultimately inconsequential. The purpose you pick for yourself only has no actual value. You might as well decide to become a superhero tomorrow. The value is subjective and not ultimate. On theism, it is believed that ultimate value can only be given if a thing has a purpose for which it is created. On atheism life is the result of mindless chance irrespective of the illusion of purpose with which you preoccupy yourself. Such a life has no ultimate value; only one that you make up as you go.

Wrong again . There is no objective purpose .... everyone has their own tastes and motives . You have no evidence for this assertion. "It is believed" .... really ? By whom. Support your shit with references or STFU. Is this you first debate ? Are you a Freshman at Biola who was relwased from your first class, sprung on those evil atheists ? LOL

Further, this means that the atheist has no qualms against suicide. Life is random and valueless.

Wrong. This is your first debate isn't it ? You really know nothing about Ethics do you ?

Lastly, religion does provide the only consistent basis for society. That is to say, religious societies operate based on what coheres with reality whereas atheist societies depend on consensus. They decide what is reality and act as though this delusion is correct. This is exceedingly clear when it comes to morality and legislation which are inextricable.

I agree totally . ...kill those babies and stone those adolescents.

"If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: hen shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear." Deuteronomy 21:18-25

"Now go and smite Amalek and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." 1 Samuel 15:3

LMAO

3 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by midnight378: 3:04am On Sep 17, 2022
Endtimer:

I’ll address this one post as it makes a point. Your hero Nietzsche addresses this in Beyond Good and Evil. Your view of man is corrupted by millennia of good religion, leading you to falsely conclude that this is our natural state. You mention Europe; the continent responsible for spreading religion around the world. They have hardly had enough time to fully divorce themselves from religion. Look instead at the soviets and the Chinese; both prominent communists and vehemently opposed to theistic faith. They have collectively killed millions for abhorrent reasons. Today, however, we see religion rear its head in these places once more. Think of atheism as a break for religion during a boxing match. It isn’t our natural state. It isn’t healthy and we don’t stay there for long.

I should also add that I’m not here to proselytize. I don’t care what happens to you and I have no intention of converting you. I’m not idealistic enough to imagine I could change deeply held beliefs so easily. I’m here to test my ideas till I get bored or am convinced of their infallibility. You’re here for your own reasons. Do not get that confused.

I’ll address other serious concerns when I return.

I really don't need any sermons from someone who can support NOTHING they claim.... At All.
Jesus doesn't like liars... Lying for Jesus is still lying . I could care less what you are testing.
It's hilarious you quote Nietzsche. and LIE that he's a hero in any way in my case. But I do see your level here.
Do you always LIE in this manner ?
Are we to believe YOU are a religionist ? If so you're a very very poor representative.

"The most celebrated evil-skeptic, nineteenth century German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, also argues that the concept of evil should be abandoned because it is dangerous. But his reasons for thinking that the concept of evil is dangerous are different from those discussed above. Nietzsche believes that the concept of evil is dangerous because it has a negative effect on human potential and vitality by promoting the weak in spirit and suppressing the strong. In On the Genealogy of Morality: A Polemic, Nietzsche argues that the concept of evil arose from the negative emotions of envy, hatred, and resentment (he uses the French term ressentiment to capture an attitude that combines these elements). He contends that the powerless and weak created the concept of evil to take revenge against their oppressors. Nietzsche believes that the concepts of good and evil contribute to an unhealthy view of life which judges relief from suffering as more valuable than creative self-expression and accomplishment. For this reason Nietzsche believes that we should seek to move beyond judgements of good and evil (Nietzsche 1886 and 1887)." - He obviously never lost a 3 year old to brain cancer . What a crock of shit. This is the answer to NOTHING.... anyone who proposes it is seriously delusional.

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 5:16am On Sep 17, 2022
Judas1X:
.... The author is simply asserting that you don't need a god to be moral. Fact is all human beings make their ethical decisions based on reason, empathy and a concern for human beings and other sentient beings. Also people commit acts that are deemed immoral or unethical irrespective of their religious inclinations.

And we are saying that we see the wicked and evil decisions people have already made and implemented EVERYDAY, (eg in the family, your neighbours, in the office, on the road etc) as crime section proves, IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT WE SEE THE RULE OF THIS HOUSE (EARTH) COMMANDS US TO DO THE GOOD WND AND NOT THE WICKED AND THE EVIL THING.

Therefore, the point is that we see how much wickedness and evil is done everyday in spite of Law and Punishment!

Judas1X:

The gospel truth is that believing in god doesn't automatically make you more "moral" than your fellow man.

"He does not believe that does not live according to his belief." Thomas Fuller.

Any one who truly believes in God will live according to the doing of that which is moral and therefore, he would be better than his fellow man.

"Proverbs 12:26 : The righteous is more excellent than his neighbour:"
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 5:30am On Sep 17, 2022
Judas1X:

cheesy grin Keep wailing. Your troubles have only just begun. Counters upon counters have been presented to your stupid and juvenile arguments and anyone with half a brain can see that

grin Any reasonable person can clearly see that all you have done is to simply alter/change my answer and ramble on from there.

No counter provided. grin D cheesy grin

We all know that when an opponent cannot counter, one of the things he does is to put what was not in the argument to argue from there eg "a phone can excrete and sweat". grin cheesy grin

Which is a very clear proof of incapability to answer. grin cheesy grin

Looser!!! grin cheesy grin

Judas1X:

Where is your answer to these questions, DMumuSpeaker?
1. Can you define creation and ...

Since you know "logical fallacies" then you know THIS IS A CHANGE OF POST! grin cheesy grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 5:47am On Sep 17, 2022
Near1:

...I do not look to my atheism for any reason to live, because it is not any sort of guiding set of principles for me..

grin you do! grin

One of the few laws in the atheists book of law is to "be a god unto yourself and live as you like." grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by midnight378: 6:17am On Sep 17, 2022
Endtimer:
If you need explanations as to how the Big Bang and evolution supports theism, I’ll tell you that it’s because they suspiciously involve an intelligent first cause. I’ll explain further if you require it.

don't bother. It's long ago debunked.
The Big Bang says nothing about a first cause.
Theism hijacked the theory and dishonestly rejiggers it .

The Big Bang not only says nothing about a First Cause , it does not need one.
"The Big Bang event is a physical theory that describes how the universe expanded from an initial state of high density and temperature."
The Big Bang says nothing about "creation" or causation . it says the universe went from a state of high energy and density to an expanded state.
"Nothing: is not at high energy and density. "Something" was already there in a high energy and high temperature state . The theory says nothing about how that "something" got into a high energy and high temperature state. The Big Bang Theory does nothing to support theism...... Nothing..... Ignorant Christians who actually know nothing about the theory have hijacked it and claim it says something about a cause . It says nothing and assumes nothing about a cause..... it also implies nothing about an "ultimate" cause.
a real god could have made universe makers , or set them to make themselves , on any level of multiverses. There is no justification to think or assume that the Big Bang says anything about causation .. AT ALL.

your First Cause argument is false... you know nothing about the conditions in which the Big Bang happened,.... and your assumption that they were in any way similar to what we observe in this universe , is not justified. Until you know about the conditions in which this universe began, (if it ever did, and was not as Penrose... .. Hawking's friend) postulates just a series of bangs and re-bangs, you can say nothing about the need for "first cause", (as Sean Carroll demonstrated to WLC in their debate, and went unanswered).
there are many logics,.... and you have no justification for choosing one over the other ..., until you've TESTED them all, in their conditions, and have the data to prove the one you chose may be correct . Seeming to be "intuitive" to human brains is hardly a reason to pick one .

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 7:29am On Sep 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Any reasonable person can clearly see that all you have done is to simply alter/change my answer and ramble on from there.
I'm afraid, I doubt any reasonable person would come to that conclusion, DMumuSpeaker grin. Again, reality is not your friend here. What any reasonable person will see is a thorough dismantling of your bogus equivocations with rigorous logical methodologies. Mentally distorted people like you aren't wise or thorough. You go through life in a haste and zigzag manner like your android phones with no pause for deep reflection. Intellectually lazy, psychologically porous and cognitively limited. You're as simplistic as children's rhymes and you think you've got the world's answers in your empty skull grin. Please don't assume everyone is as rétarded as you not to have understood the relevance of my rebuttal cheesy.

I know you're a grown adult but it's not too late for your parents to consider late term abortion. You're not even worth the cheap phone on your hands. cry

We all know that when an opponent cannot counter, one of the things he does is to put what was not in the argument to argue from there eg "a phone can excrete and sweat". grin cheesy grin
As already explained above, your level of cognition is at par with a 7 year-old with mental paralysis and your emotional discipline is on the same plane with a prepubescent girl battling obesity and excessive pimples. But Nairaland is a free platform where you need that dire validation to stall the ghosts that haunt your mental sterility. cheesy

The post is there for people with brains read. They'll surely read our correspondence so far on this thread and come to the same conclusion: you're a howling braindead sub-human who doesn't know what the hell he's even arguing about and doesn't recognize where logical fallacies apply and where they do not. They'll see a mentally inhibited billy-goat called DMumuSpeaker flexing muscles against superior species in the cyberspace grin. Like I said, you're done here. Your arguments have been continuously trashed, just as you keep avoiding questions I asked you aeons ago grin grin

Which is a very clear proof of incapability to answer
More like proof of your inability to follow straight forward logic rather than rely on fallacies and equivocations grin grin. Keep it going, you're making a spectacle of yourself, I tell you.

It's nobody's fault your life is stuck like your grandfather's clock and you're waiting endlessly for Nairaland to give you back the life you couldn't get for yourself cheesy. How long are you going to keep pretending it was a jump when it had been a long fall all along? How has Nairaland thrust fools onto our paths? Ehn? Life is hard enough without this man-child crowding the internet enforcing their inferior breeding on everyone grin grin

Some sons are worth so much less than a police dog. And this horrid human pus thinks he's even making any points? Delusions of insanity!

Since you know "logical fallacies" then you know THIS IS A CHANGE OF POST! grin cheesy grin
Except nothing was changed. It's a reminder of questions you have previously dodged without any pretense of shame grin grin. While you're reeling off imaginations from your head, I'll embarrass you with facts.

Now tell me, which of your parents bequeathed the horrible vice of lack of shame on you? cheesy

Where is your answer to these questions, DMumuSpeaker?
1. Can you define creation and tell us why you think the Earth was created?
2. How was the Earth created? What are the nitty gritty, the gbo gbo nishe processes involved, hmm?
3. Why do you think you can explain complexity, by postulating something more complex in its place and declaring it needs no explanation?
4. How do you recognize DESIGN? Where is the NON-DESIGNED THING we can contrast the universe against? What is the point of a car or a phone, if the animals and trees are designed as well? Shouldn't the phone or car be evidence that the trees and animals are not designed?
5. If we have to accept the claim that universe was made or designed, then which of the countless creator gods should we attribute this so-called creation to? After pointing out which god, please provide clear evidence of it's existence
6. Can we safely conclude that the creator is unintelligent and/or incompetent due to the existence of birth defects, as well as defects in human anatomy and physiology?
7. If you believe that everything that exists has a creator, then how do you explain RETROCAUSILTY aka Backwards Causation?

You didn't even make an effort to answer any of these. Instead you went ahead to make spurious analogies and equivocations that have been discombobulated again and again and again. grin cheesy grin

DMumuSpeaker: As dumb as Okorocha's statue and as bold as a motor park ticket tout. Bwahahahahahaa grin

Any one who truly believes in God will live according to the doing of that which is moral and therefore, he would be better than his fellow man.

"Proverbs 12:26 : The righteous is more excellent than his neighbour:"
Again, you keep proving you don't know what you're talking about and you're only here to unwittingly advertise your illiteracy cheesy. Morality existed long before your stupid religion and immorality continues to exist after man created religion. This is clear because if humans did not create some sort of agreed upon rules prior to actual laws, we would not have survived. People created morality in those times just as people created the religions we know today as a way to enforce law of the time.

Unfortunately, shit-for-brains rétard DMumuSpeaker feels that religion and morality can not be mutually exclusive. However history shows us this is not the case. Look at the American Civil War. Look at the crusades. To civilize the "heathens" the Christians slaughtered countless people in the name of morality. Some of the most immoral acts ever committed have been done either in the name of religion or by religious people. Just go to any high security violent crimes prison ward chapel and look how many people claiming to be religious that their are. Look at how many priests and clergy are being caught molesting kids. If religion automatically equaled morality, none of these things would have happened.

Stupid frauds like DMumuSpeaker have an agenda unfortunately and as such their job is not to have open minded conversations about whether or not atheists can be moral. Their job and agenda is to keep bringing in members to their centers of worship to ensure that they keep getting funding from members. The churches can’t survive without the members. So of course they’re going to say atheists can’t be moral without god grin grin. Their job is to sell religion! Just like we all know you don’t have to drink sports drinks to be hydrated, but if I’m selling sports drinks, I’m gonna tell you every reason why whatever you’re drinking is inferior to my product and why my drink is the only one you should be putting in your body. It’s a 2021 year old going on 2022 year old scam that has to keep up the lie to keep itself going. Your entire belief system is founded on lies cheesy cheesy

One of the few laws in the atheists book of law is to "be a god unto yourself and live as you like.
Can you provide any evidence of an "An Atheist Book of Law"? Let's start from there. This is how you start your usual dishonest twisting fabrications. cheesy cheesy cheesy

The worst part of your online life is that you trek from thread to thread trying to convince people to tow your line of intellectual handicap. Orue! grin

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by 1000WaysToLive(m): 7:50am On Sep 17, 2022
"Actual value" is an oxymoron. If something is prized by one person and does not interest someone else, there are two values in play, not one. Value is subjective.

Endtimer:

This answer is particularly easy to debunk. On first reading it I assumed you made a few points. Now I believe otherwise.

I’ll address it backwards:
- Yes, increased unbelief is correlated with decreased rates of personal fulfillment. We are all aware that the west is experiencing reduced religious involvement. Cursory internet searches will furnish you with associated data on decreased personal happiness. Your question is therefore pointless. Whether it is directly caused by or just happens to coincide with is beside the point.

- Your point about finding your own purpose is subjective and ultimately inconsequential. The purpose you pick for yourself only has no actual value. You might as well decide to become a superhero tomorrow. The value is subjective and not ultimate. On theism, it is believed that ultimate value can only be given if a thing has a purpose for which it is created. On atheism life is the result of mindless chance irrespective of the illusion of purpose with which you preoccupy yourself. Such a life has no ultimate value; only one that you make up as you go.

Further, this means that the atheist has no qualms against suicide. Life is random and valueless. In fact, all forms of crime lose their moral reprehensibility. To prevent this would require collective delusion. The atheist society would require that it’s members all believe something that isn’t true for the sake of living together. Everyone would have to believe certain things are good and others bad just so that they can coexist.

- Lastly, religion does provide the only consistent basis for society. That is to say, religious societies operate based on what coheres with reality whereas atheist societies depend on consensus. They decide what is reality and act as though this delusion is correct. This is exceedingly clear when it comes to morality and legislation which are inextricable.

2 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by chryssanthe(f): 8:26am On Sep 17, 2022
Endtimer:

This answer is particularly easy to debunk. On first reading it I assumed you made a few points. Now I believe otherwise.

I’ll address it backwards:

Further, this means that the atheist has no qualms against suicide. Life is random and valueless. In fact, all forms of crime lose their moral reprehensibility. To prevent this would require collective delusion. The atheist society would require that it’s members all believe something that isn’t true for the sake of living together. Everyone would have to believe certain things are good and others bad just so that they can coexist.

- Lastly, religion does provide the only consistent basis for society. That is to say, religious societies operate based on what coheres with reality whereas atheist societies depend on consensus. They decide what is reality and act as though this delusion is correct. This is exceedingly clear when it comes to morality and legislation which are inextricable.

What the hell?!!! How do you know this? I've taken three decades of ballet. It gives me enormous purpose in life. Who the hell are you to tell me ballet has no actual "value" or purpose. How are you measuring "value"? Do you only a assign "value" to a god belief?
Well, I have news for you, people find enormous purpose and value in their lives through thousands of paths other than a god belief.
I and millions of other atheists wake every morning with incredible purpose in their lives because they sink their thoughts and interests into science, music, medicine, history, archaeology, finance and hundreds... nay....many thousands of other topics and indeavors they emerse themselves in. Who the hell are you to say these uncountable facets of interests are below and lesser than belief in a deity.

Frankly, your attitude is the direct manifestation of religious god-centric indoctrination and a worldview that teaches there is no other purpose in life, no other way to live a life other than worshiping a thing, who let's be honest here, has never been proven to exist. It's like telling someone the only way to live life is belief in Leprechauns and anything else is beneath contempt.

You are a piece of work. Wow.

2 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by triplechoice(m): 8:34am On Sep 17, 2022
Tamaratonye1:

(my bold)

Please provide evidence.

Yes ,I will provide links to some studies done.

Before you read them ,I would like explain certain things so my pervious assertions are not misinterpreted

Anybody, no matter their belief or non belief can enjoy better health outcomes.. The key is trust and believe in whatever you do or is being done to you to improve your health.

There's is power in belief, and it's why placebos can be effective.

The belief alone that a higher power is intervening in one's health condition through prayer or meditation can trigger certain physiological responses within the human body that can result in healing or make one heal faster while undergoing treatment in the hands of a medical health practitioner.

This works not because the object of belief is real, but the belief that it is. The human mind doesn't know the difference between what is real and not real. If it is made to accept that something is real, it would use that to create effect. That's how powerful the mind is.

Another thing, is that religious people can find strong social support in the various groups they belong to through regular attendance and active participation in group activity

Most atheist are not joiners. They like being alone. So even when the opportunity is provided ( humanist groups ) for them to bound with others they are not too keen to take advantage of it. They hardly get involved.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicolefisher/2019/03/29/science-says-religion-is-good-for-your-health/?sh=dbf92653a12c

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3671693/
https://www.verywellmind.com/how-spirituality-can-benefit-mental-and-physical-health-3144807

The last link contains some citations to other studies done

This one below please. Just added it now.
https://www.verywellmind.com/how-spirituality-can-benefit-mental-and-physical-health-3144807
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by triplechoice(m): 8:45am On Sep 17, 2022
Near1:

Why do you insist that meaning should be handed down to you from on high? You don't seem to understand that people can define the meaning of their own lives for themselves, without being told what to value by someone else.

Sure, to a goldfish, the only part of the world that matters is his goldfish bowl. But I can assure you that there's a world of thought and meaning far and wide outside the goldfish bowl you live in.

I don't insist that meaning should be handed to me from on high. Why did you interpret my comment to mean that?

Anyone can find meaning for their lives. The important thing is that it's what they're comfortable with and works for them.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 10:25am On Sep 17, 2022
Judas1X:

I'm afraid, I doubt any reasonable person would come to that conclusion, DMumuSpeaker grin.

grin That is for the reasonable people to judge. grin

Judas1X:

Again, reality is not your
I know you're a grown adult but it's not too late for your parents to consider late term abortion. You're not even worth the cheap phone on your hands.
As already explained above, your level of cognition is at par with a 7 year-old with mental paralysis and your emotional discipline is on the same plane with a prepubescent girl battling obesity and excessive pimples. But Nairaland is a free platform where you need that dire validation to stall the ghosts that haunt your mental sterility.cheesy

grin Insults, insults, insults since the beginning when the soakaway chamber you live in collapsed grin

Clearly shows how greatly horrible and frustrating and depressing your living has been such that you are so full of the world's Shit and Urine. grin grin grin grin

Anyway, I understand,
When The Debate Is Lost, Slander Becomes The Tool Of The Loser

cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 10:30am On Sep 17, 2022
Near1:

Why do you insist that meaning should be handed down to you from on high? You don't seem to understand that people can define the meaning of their own lives for themselves, without being told what to value by someone else...

And yet you wonder why you are lost!

Hence the rightness of our old proverb which says
"Person wey ask road, no dey loss"! (As road travellers can confirm)
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 10:39am On Sep 17, 2022
Judas1X:
Again, you keep proving you don't know what you're talking about and you're only here to unwittingly advertise your illiteracy cheesy. Morality existed long before your stupid religion and immorality continues to exist after man created religion. .

See how universally stupidly illiterate you are? grin grin ;the question is not when Morality Started hollow head D grin grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Endtimer: 10:46am On Sep 17, 2022
midnight378:

don't bother. It's long ago debunked.
The Big Bang says nothing about a first cause.
Theism hijacked the theory and dishonestly rejiggers it .

The Big Bang not only says nothing about a First Cause , it does not need one.
"The Big Bang event is a physical theory that describes how the universe expanded from an initial state of high density and temperature."
The Big Bang says nothing about "creation" or causation . it says the universe went from a state of high energy and density to an expanded state.
"Nothing: is not at high energy and density. "Something" was already there in a high energy and high temperature state . The theory says nothing about how that "something" got into a high energy and high temperature state. The Big Bang Theory does nothing to support theism...... Nothing..... Ignorant Christians who actually know nothing about the theory have hijacked it and claim it says something about a cause . It says nothing and assumes nothing about a cause..... it also implies nothing about an "ultimate" cause.
a real god could have made universe makers , or set them to make themselves , on any level of multiverses. There is no justification to think or assume that the Big Bang says anything about causation .. AT ALL.

your First Cause argument is false... you know nothing about the conditions in which the Big Bang happened,.... and your assumption that they were in any way similar to what we observe in this universe , is not justified. Until you know about the conditions in which this universe began, (if it ever did, and was not as Penrose... .. Hawking's friend) postulates just a series of bangs and re-bangs, you can say nothing about the need for "first cause", (as Sean Carroll demonstrated to WLC in their debate, and went unanswered).
there are many logics,.... and you have no justification for choosing one over the other ..., until you've TESTED them all, in their conditions, and have the data to prove the one you chose may be correct . Seeming to be "intuitive" to human brains is hardly a reason to pick one .

I was saving my answers for the better informed atheists but I’ll take a stab at your falsehoods. The big bang is the event before which there are no events. It is allegedly the explosive expansion of space from a singularity (which you are claiming is uncreated, I’ll remind you of that soon enough). You also mentioned the multiverse which means your knowledge of physics is influenced by comic books. I’d advise you to visit a library where you’ll probably learn to trying to duck causation by claiming that there is a larger multiverse is simply geography. Any theist worth his salt would change the discussion to be about this multiverse (actually still called a universe as the term multiverse is meaningless).

After the Big Bang, space-time began to exist. It is a contradiction in terms to say something happened before the Big Bang as there was no time before it. The singularity you posited as constantly existing is scientifically unsupported. The cosmic microwave background only supports that the universe is expanding outwards. We intuitively assume that it must have come from a hypothetical singularity based on common logic. The question as to what caused this expansion and the creation of the universe at the Big Bang is what is relevant. The singularity is a common myth and your assertion that it existed eternally before the Big Bang is as unsupported as the singularity itself.

I’ll conclude that theists didn’t hi-jack the Big Bang. It was conceived by George Lemaitre, a catholic priest.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 10:54am On Sep 17, 2022
DMumuSpeaker writes progressively shorter responses after being smacked like a side ho. He's afraid of being further exposed grin grin grin cheesy grin

Now who's to say my contact with you hasn't educated you more than the entire educational misadventure that marked your sorry life? By the time I'm through with you, some of my polish, poise and grandeur will rub off on your backwater carriage grin grin grin

Dtruthspeaker:

grin That is for the reasonable people to judge.
The odds won't be in your favor though. The world doesn't orbit around a digital nobody like you. grin grin grin

]Insults, insults, insults since the beginning when the soakaway chamber you live in collapsed grin
Are you still crying about the insults? Bwaaaahahaahaahaahaa cheesy grin cheesy grin. Your mother is struggling to pay your adult education fees from 3some bonus and you keep skipping classes playing truancy in Nairaland trying to be a religious warlord. Same foolishness that marked your father's unproductive life. And you want people to believe your father's creditors haven't swapped your destiny with a dibia's goat?

You are the same dunce that opens his mouth to abuse others in this forum. In this very thread, you told someone to go sleep in the dustbin, and you stand here to whinge about insults? I don't merrily suffer fools who can't withstand what they dish out gladly. Weak idiot. See as mama jabs dey enter you like hot oil inside ripe plantain. Kwaaaaaaaakwaaaaakwaaa grin grin grin[/b]

Clearly shows how greatly horrible and frustrating and depressing your living has been such that you are so full of the world's Shit and Urine.
Still more blathering SHIT and URINE insults. The only thing left in your locker. You've been slain as usual. Stop trying to box with someone more potent than your libertine father. Your pathetic disses are virtually beneath my notice cheesy cheesy

Anyway, I understand,
When The Debate Is Lost, Slander Becomes The Tool Of The Loser
Loser? I thought you were letting reasonable judges decide the results? As usual you employ subtle appeals to the validation of your trite arguments by declaring yourself a winner cheesy cheesy. Obviously your inane thoughts on this thread aren't worth the cheap condom that betrayed your irresponsible father the night he drilled your fuckpig mom.

The streetwalker you call a mom couldn't even diagnose her malaria infection as the lab apparatus separated excessive semen from her blood. You were born brain-dead because the virus corrupted your chromosome formation. grin grin grin

I'm still waiting for you to answer these questions

1. Can you define creation and tell us why you think the Earth was created?
2. How was the Earth created? What are the nitty gritty, the gbo gbo nishe processes involved, hmm?[/b?
[b]3. Why do you think you can explain complexity, by postulating something more complex in its place and declaring it needs no explanation?

4. How do you recognize DESIGN? Where is the NON-DESIGNED THING we can contrast the universe against? What is the point of a car or a phone, if the animals and trees are designed as well? Shouldn't the phone or car be evidence that the trees and animals are not designed?
5. If we have to accept the claim that universe was made or designed, then which of the countless creator gods should we attribute this so-called creation to? After pointing out which god, please provide clear evidence of it's existence
6. Can we safely conclude that the creator is unintelligent and/or incompetent due to the existence of birth defects, as well as defects in human anatomy and physiology?
7. If you believe that everything that exists has a creator, then how do you explain RETROCAUSILTY aka Backwards Causation?

You didn't even make an effort to answer any of these. Instead you went ahead to make spurious analogies and equivocations that have been discombobulated again and again and again. grin grin grin

You are crying about the insults abi? Shey e dey pepper you? Very good

CRRRRRYYYYY grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 11:04am On Sep 17, 2022
Judas1X:
DMumuSpeaker writes progressively shorter responses after being smacked like a side ho. He's afraid of being further exposed grin grin grin cheesy grin

grin Stupid Dirty Pig! grin
Because we happen to be in the same land you think that I would stoop so low and come near your Lagoon Sized Soakaway Chambers? Tufiakwa! IMPOSSIBLE! grin

It is a befitting habitat for you and your family of filthy pigs! grin grin

grin so, na only Losers go still dey ring dey complain after match don end! grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by LordTheus(m): 11:18am On Sep 17, 2022
The Christian fanatics are clearly losing it here

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 11:26am On Sep 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Na only Losers go still dey ring dey complain wen match don end! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Match bawo? cheesy This entire thread is essentially me giving you the biggest verbal beatdown of your miserable Nairaland existence grin grin. You were smacked in the face with superior logic and reasoning such that your limited brain cells couldn't afford you the ability to generate any coherent rejoinders. You wasted the entire time spewing retarded analogies like comparing phones to human beings. grin grin grin

Never deceive yourself again into thinking that you could possibly be a "match" for me. If your Mother wasn't born with her clitoris bigger than her IQ, she wouldn't have opened her legs to her polio-stricken brother to birth an incestuous imbecïile like you.

If your mother isn't as wanton as a pygmy Chimpanzee, she would have closed her legs properly 20 years ago to make the haunt for your true parentage less tedious.

If your mother wasn't too dumb to calculate her monthly circle, she would never have directed a condom-less dick of a stranger into her indiscriminate vagina.

Progeny of bonobos!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2022
LordTheus:
The Christian fanatics are clearly losing it here

Says the 'I hate Christian' fanatic.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 11:33am On Sep 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Because we happen to be in the same land you think that I would stoop so low and come near your Lagoon Sized Soakaway Chambers? Tufiakwa! IMPOSSIBLE! grin

grin so, na only Losers go still dey ring dey complain after match don end! grin

grin grin grin grin grin

Bwahahahahahaaaa. Hin eye don red. Hahahahaha grin grin grin cheesy grin

You have now been thoroughly disgraced and embarrassed in the religion section where you foolishly decided to trade banter with me

The greatest love line your dad ever pulled off to woo your mother was the presentation of a cold bottle of Fanta! That's all the bitch took to crumble like a a pack of pastry exposed to the sunlight! cheesy cheesy

That bitch's honour won't even worth the cheapest item in Konga and her fatherless son is trying to defend her honour online with the brainpower of a blind cockroach.

Any man who sleeps with that dirty drab would do well with a nose-mask and a blindfold. That's the only way to sustain an erection inside that horrible pit she calls her tunnel of love grin

Come on, keep crying. Bwahahahahahahhaaa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 11:39am On Sep 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See how universally stupidly illiterate you are? grin grin ;the question is not when Morality Started hollow head
And the idiot fails to see yet again that my example of morality existing before religion indicates that believe in God is not needed to be moral cheesy cheesy grin

It's like taking candy from a baby at this point grin grin. Too easy. For you to be this dull and daft, the very sperm that flagellated your mother's eggs must be devoid of basic nutrients grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 11:43am On Sep 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin grin grin grin grin

You keep claiming to be above online banter yet you can't stop quoting me to trade insults grin grin grin grin. Your self-awareness is in tatters. The shellacking you're receiving this time is too much for you to handle, you don't have any thing to offer as a retort and at the same time, you know your dignity and ego will be in shambles if you exit this thread now without having the last word. Hahahahahahahaaa. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 11:49am On Sep 17, 2022
Judas1X:

You have now been thoroughly disgraced and embarrassed in the religion section where you foolishly decided to trade banter with me

grin grin grin Men occasionally come within proximity of Diseased Infected Filthy Pigs like you and no reasonable man would stoop so low as to become as the diseased filthy pig. grin grin grin

So thanks for showing what happens to atheist in their atheism as they become full of shits and piss, and filth and dirt for as a soul is full of filth and dirt, he must give out filth and dirt.

"From the abundance of your heart, the mouth speaketh"

So thanks filthy atheist for your display of the madness and insanity and dirt which follows atheists! grin grin grin grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

So thanks for showing what happens to atheist in their atheism as they become full of shits and piss, and filth and dirt for as a soul is full of filth and dirt, he must give out filth and dirt.

cheesy Here's another lesson in logical reasoning for you cheesy cheesy

Have you seen me claiming that all the Christians in this thread are stupid because of your DMumuSpeaker's wanton display of brain cell shortage? No. In fact I've pointed out in this forum before that there are some god believers who are capable of decent logical reasoning. Said God believers I believe will cringe in embarrassment at the trite arguments you've been posing.

You cannot use the actions of single individual and extrapolate to the entire population. That's committing the FALLACY OF GENERALIZATION

I don't think your cognitive deficits follow directly from your religious beliefs. The fact is: with or without religion, you're thick in the skull. You're illiterate. You're uninformed. If you were intelligent, I would have pardoned you. But you're easily the dumbest doofus seeking attention online to assuage for your horrible childhood trauma.

I thought you said without god, there can be no morals or ethics. I'm sure you don't realize the irony of that claim even when we can all see that a so-called Christian like you is equally using vulgar words and throwing insults on this thread. Abi did your selective amnesia kick in this time?cheesy

Your hypocrisy is choking you so much that you can't see that you're already engaged with me, trying to win the "final word" medal for your family of impoverished baboons in the village grin grin

You can't defend your God's identity because yours is shrouded in sexual vagueness. cheesy

And your arguments, as well as your jabs, are as horrible as the circumstances of your birth. You can't even swing a decent punch. Hating atheists makes your frustration bearable or convinces you you aren't the only bitter, non-achieving human dross on earth. grin grin grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 12:32pm On Sep 17, 2022
Judas1X:

Have you seen me claiming that all the Christians in this thread are stupid...

grin This thread clearly shows that I am the one graced with your honour of great hatred and attack! D grin

And I believe reasonable people can see and understand why! grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by TheDictatorNd: 12:32pm On Sep 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The Bible is incomplete without the 27 books written by the first century Christians!

So if anyone tells you he believes in the Bible but he's not a Christian tell him/her that he/she is lying because the Christians took up the Hebrew scriptures and began quoting verses pointing to what God said about them in the books the Jews are carrying about. Till today the Jews have failed to produce any group practicing what their God foretold will be done during the last days, in fact they're expecting another Messiah (Christ) claiming Jesus who founded Christianity is not their own Messiah.
Well let's wait and see if they can ever produce the fruit of faith expected of the worshipers of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! Matthew 21:43; 23:37-38 smiley
Judaism is the only true religion of the bible, any worship you give to God that contradict the law he gave to moses is false worship
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin This thread clearly shows that I am the one graced with your honour of great hatred and attack!
And I believe reasonable can see and understand why? grin grin cheesy grin
You suppose know my M.O nau cheesy. I fight dirty and I'm not afraid to admit. And I specifically target weak deluded numbskulls like you who are inebriated with bogus perceptions of their intellectual capacity. I've made it my mission to occasionally remind inflated douchebags like you that you need radical therapy to cure your intellectual deficit syndrome grin grin

If you could stop getting emotional like an effeminate religious slayqueen, you'll see that amidst the taunts and jabs, I still took time to dismantle your erroneous notions of creation and morality. Till this moment, you still can't think of a counter. You're still moaning about the insults. Hahahaha haha. E pele o cheesy. You no know who you jam. You miss road cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by midnight378: 1:07pm On Sep 17, 2022
triplechoice:
Anybody, no matter their belief or non belief can enjoy better health outcomes.. The key is trust and believe in whatever you do or is being done to you to improve your health.

There's is power in belief, and it's why placebos can be effective.

The belief alone that a higher power is intervening in one's health condition through prayer or meditation can trigger certain physiological responses within the human body that can result in healing or make one heal faster while undergoing treatment in the hands of a medical health practitioner.

Great. So you're proposing that people who actually don't believe *say* they do, to obtain a result ? LOL
there are studies that show people do worse when they think people are praying for them.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...ayed%20for.

This works not because the object of belief is real, but the belief that it is. The human mind doesn't know the difference between what is real and not real. If it is made to accept that something is real, it would use that to create effect. That's how powerful the mind is.

Un huh.... you're saying the mind is powerful , so we should lie to ourselves to obtain an outcome. I'm sorry but that is utterly stupid and dishonest .

Another thing, is that religious people can find strong social support in the various groups they belong to through regular attendance and active participation in group activity

Everyone has their own social groups . Your unsupported assumptions are wrong , and again....., you're proposing it's better to be dishonest, as you claim it produces a better outcome. GREAT.... So here we have somebody who proposes we tell ourselves things we don't believe because it produces a better outcome .
No matter what the studies show , this is ridiculous in the extreme,... and basically proves that you promote dishonesty for the sake of outcome,... based on nothing ,.... and based on concepts you attempt to justify secondary to the outcomes, not the reality. I doubt I've ever read such utter rubbish.

Most atheist are not joiners. They like being alone. So even when the opportunity is provided ( humanist groups ) for them to bound with others they are not too keen to take advantage of it. They hardly get involved.

Prove it. Unsupported assertion.
Even if true, think about it . You want to change their personality type ?
You want to FORCE them to join religious groups, even though they might hate it ?
THAT's a great idea..... Not!
Do you have data to support this ? What about religious people who prefer to be alone ?
You going to force them to change also ?

"Negative Aspects of Religious Involvement" Along with the presumed benefits of religious involvement for health, religion may also be associated with negative outcomes, such as poorer mental and physical health status, negative coping behaviors, and inappropriate use of health services."
https://www.annualreviews.org/doi/pdf/10...%2C%20106).

2 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Tamaratonye1(f): 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2022
Endtimer:
Your point about finding your own purpose is subjective and ultimately inconsequential. The purpose you pick for yourself only has no actual value. You might as well decide to become a superhero tomorrow. The value is subjective and not ultimate. On theism, it is believed that ultimate value can only be given if a thing has a purpose for which it is created. On atheism life is the result of mindless chance irrespective of the illusion of purpose with which you preoccupy yourself. Such a life has no ultimate value; only one that you make up as you go.

chryssanthe:

What the hell?!!! How do you know this? I've taken three decades of ballet. It gives me enormous purpose in life. Who the hell are you to tell me ballet has no actual "value" or purpose. How are you measuring "value"? Do you only a assign "value" to a god belief?
Well, I have news for you, people find enormous purpose and value in their lives through thousands of paths other than a god belief.
I and millions of other atheists wake every morning with incredible purpose in their lives because they sink their thoughts and interests into science, music, medicine, history, archaeology, finance and hundreds... nay....many thousands of other topics and indeavors they emerse themselves in. Who the hell are you to say these uncountable facets of interests are below and lesser than belief in a deity.

Frankly, your attitude is the direct manifestation of religious god-centric indoctrination and a worldview that teaches there is no other purpose in life, no other way to live a life other than worshiping a thing, who let's be honest here, has never been proven to exist. It's like telling someone the only way to live life is belief in Leprechauns and anything else is beneath contempt.

You are a piece of work. Wow.
As well as being horribly condescending. A thoroughly unlikable individual.

Endtimer:
If you need explanations as to how the Big Bang and evolution supports theism, I’ll tell you that it’s because they suspiciously involve an intelligent first cause. I’ll explain further if you require it.
Neither the big bang nor evolution imply an intelligent first cause. Why do you think otherwise?

Endtimer:
Atheism is only tenable in a predominantly religious society. If we all began to live without belief in God as a result of some impossible scientific discovery, it would ultimately destroy society or lead back to religion. The reason for this is because atheists take for granted the religious pillars all civilized societies are built on; the concept of morality and legislation for instance go hand in hand. Rather than reorder society after the eradication of religion, atheists would need to continue pretending as though religion still had moral force in society; until someone asks: “why can’t I just do whatever I want”. In the end we’ll arrive at a religious society because atheistic society is unsustainable and humans are incurably religious.
What is your evidence for this? I read your speculations about a correlation between irreligion and societal strife and failing actual evidence they demonstrate nothing.

Endtimer:
On a personal, rather than sociological, level religion provides purpose for living. Atheism doesn’t. On atheism, suicide is not morally abhorrent. Western nations are beginning to witness the effects of unbelief as their citizens increasingly end their own lives. Let me ask you a question: would it make any difference if you were going to kill yourself today or tomorrow? On atheism, it certainly wouldn’t. On atheism, the fact that we are going to die one day is enough motivation for us to end our lives at once. Anything is enough motivation for us to end our lives.
Religion provides no such thing. Religion is not an agent, it neither provides nor withholds. People choosing to believe in the claims of religion gives them the belief that their lives are possessed of meaning by a specific mechanism. That belief is not itself evidence of said mechanism. What is your evidence that the mechanism postulated by religion for morals and purpose i.e God/s actually provides morals and purpose? This appears to be mere assumption on your part.

Endtimer:
Contrary to what many atheists believe, increasing secularism negatively correlates with happiness in society. While happiness isn’t the point of life, it is worth noting that the decline of religion has been accompanied by increased depression in the west.
Correlation is not causation. This does not support your point. Speaking of specious arguments, though, if you prefer correlation, increasing secularism in the west is positively correlated with greatly increased lifespans, general improvements in overall health, a higher average standard of living, increased personal freedoms, a decline in violence, and greater average wealth.

What do you make of that, Endtimer?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2022
Judas1X:
..You suppose know my M.O nau cheesy. I fight dirty and I'm not afraid to admit.

grin Didn't know! though this is technically our second engagement where you show your love to reach the extremities. (I can imagine clearly see how you live)

Any way, I know that there would always be a person who believes in extremities but I have never met any till now.

So, whilst I am aware of the power extremes i will never go there except when it comes to the Choice of God over anything and everything.

I Choose God anyway, anytime anywhere even if I would be murdered for my choice.

So thanks for I can finally say that I have met one of the most filthiest persons on earth AND OF COURSE HE MUST BE AN ATHEIST! grin

Judas1X:
If you could stop getting emotional like an effeminate religious slayqueen, you'll see that amidst the taunts and jabs, I still took time to dismantle your erroneous notions of creation and morality.

No you didn't! grin

All you did was either a change of post, deviation from issue, raising fresh issues, argument that did not address the issue raised etc, all invalid arguments. grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2022
Tamaratonye1:

What is your evidence that the mechanism postulated by religion for morals and purpose i.e God/s actually provides morals and purpose?

ALL The Laws and Principles of Morality are contained in book called the Bible. And there is no single law of morality that is left out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Oh That Men Would Praise The Lord / Albert Einstein Is Wiser Than God / Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.