Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Honest Question To The Christians - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Honest Question To The Christians (7944 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians / Who Are The Christians? Where Is The Love?: My Experience. / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Tamaratonye1(f): 11:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
terrezo2002:

Why do you sound so disturb because I said Spiritual things are beyond science. Well, the statement is correct. Proving spiritual things to the spiritually blind person is a waste of time because he will not understand. It is like teaching advance mathematics to a new born baby.
It seems you can't read. Here, let's try this again. Pay special attention to the colored words

Tamaratonye1:

Your god is so called because it is interventional, and anything that intervenes in this world, can be studied by that intervention. God, in addition to the rest of your spiritual mumbo jumbo, isn't beyond science, rather, the other way around - the people who came up with gods could have never imagined science.

So how about you answer the hypothetical question, terrezo2002, instead of your unnecessary prevarication and evasion? Or is it a sin - that is, answering hypothetical questions? A mortal one even, like dissing the holy ghost or something? Weird this, how touchy the holy ghost is in particular. Everything else - genocide, raping of babies, burtalising and torturing your "neighbour" - is forgivable, but god forbid someone breathes a single word against the holy ghost. Imagine being this thin-skinned.

Or maybe you're incapable of even imagining a world without a universal father figure? Why is that? Lack of imagination? Or is the notion that one day, all too soon, you will be gone from this universe, forever and ever, utterly forgotten within a couple of generations, if that, just too scary?

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 11:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
terrezo2002:

Why do you sound so disturb because I said Spiritual things are beyond science. Well, the statement is correct. Proving spiritual things to the spiritually blind person is a waste of time because he will not understand. It is like teaching advance mathematics to a new born baby.

What exactly are "spiritual things" and how do they prove that a God exists. How are these proofs above science? I'm curious to know
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by terrezo2002(m): 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wilgrea7:

What exactly are "spiritual things" and how do they prove that a God exists. How are these proofs above science? I'm curious to know
Yes. They are above science. Science is the study of the creation and not the study of who created things
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

So you agree with me that there are may things we don't have to see until we believe in their existence but the BENEFITS we derive from knowing about them stands as evidence!

Well God and Satan exist we don't have to see them as long as we enjoy the BENEFITS of knowing what they are doing matters most to believers! wink

Sir.... You're misquoting me.

I said that benefits and existence are independent. The existence of something has nothing to do with whether or not you can get benefits from it. The andromeda galaxy exists, not because of any benefits we get from it, but simply because it does.

Benefits are not proof of existence. Existence, is proof of existence. Benefits play no role here
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by terrezo2002(m): 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Tamaratonye1:

It seems you can't read. Here, let's try this again. Pay special attention to the colored words

You think I have time debating on issues I know you won't understand me. Sorry, count me out of this. Thank you
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 11:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
terrezo2002:

Yes. They are above science. Science is the study of the creation and not the study of who created things

So how exactly would you study the person/people behind creation?
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by terrezo2002(m): 11:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wilgrea7:

So how exactly would you study the person/people behind creation?
Start by praying sincerely to Him.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Tamaratonye1(f): 11:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
Lawag3:

It's better to follow God now because if you die and then there is no God then you are safely dead but if there is a God and you die in sin embarassed lipsrsealed
It's equally funny and sad how dishonest you Christians can get. You intentionally deceive yourselves. Why would god reward you for just playing it safe and worshipping him just in case? And how do you know you are playing it safe with the right god? There are a countless number of deities besides the Christian deity.

In any case, I doubt any god/s, if it/they actually exist, will be fooled by your fake belief.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Tamaratonye1(f): 11:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
terrezo2002:

You think I have time debating on issues I know you won't understand me. Sorry, count me out of this. Thank you
As usual, another Christian scampers for the exit when hit with tough questions concerning their beliefs. Don't let the door hit you on way out.

4 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 11:27pm On Sep 15, 2022
terrezo2002:

Start by praying sincerely to Him.

How do you know prayer is the right way?

How do you know it is a him? How do you know it is a singular entity?

How exactly do I make this prayer? What am i supposed to say?

What exactly will this prayer teach me about the nature of this creator?

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by terrezo2002(m): 11:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wilgrea7:

How do you know prayer is the right way?

How do you know it is a him? How do you know it is a singular entity?

How exactly do I make this prayer? What am i supposed to say?

What exactly will this prayer teach me about the nature of this creator?
Just speak to Him. He knows hears you. He knows how to respond to you.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:37pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Sir.... You're misquoting me.
I said that benefits and existence are independent. The existence of something has nothing to do with whether or not you can get benefits from it. The andromeda galaxy exists, not because of any benefits we get from it, but simply because it does.
Benefits are not proof of existence. Existence, is proof of existence. Benefits play no role here

You're wrong Sir!

Did you receive any info from any source that says the andromeda Galaxy you mentioned promised anything?
The God we're talking about made certain promises and He is fulfilling it so that we are seeing the BENEFITS!
So this case totally differs from what we know without any info regarding it untill people discover it. God didn't wait for humans to discover Him before inspiring humans like you and i to pen down certain things about Himself.
So this case totally differs from your so called androwhatever that humans discovered on their own! smiley

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by LordTheus(m): 11:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
terrezo2002:

.....Of course, this is assuming that spiritual things (whatever that means) exists
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 11:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
terrezo2002:

Just speak to Him. He knows hears you. He knows how to respond to you.

This doesn't answer the questions I asked earlier? You want me to speak to a "Him"... how can i be sure I'm speaking to the right person?

How am I sure it is a he, and not a she, or an it. How am I sure there's only 1 person.

What if i speak to him, and he says his name is Zeus, or Odin

What if i pray, and they say they're actually female, and not male?
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by terrezo2002(m): 11:48pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wilgrea7:

This doesn't answer the questions I asked earlier? You want me to speak to a "Him"... how can i be sure I'm speaking to the right person?

How am I sure it is a he, and not a she, or an it. How am I sure there's only 1 person.

What if i speak to him, and he says his name is Zeus, or Odin

What if i pray, and they say they're actually female, and not male?
You are obviously not interested in knowing this God. You want to asking questions you know I won't answer
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 11:58pm On Sep 15, 2022
terrezo2002:

You are obviously not interested in knowing this God. You want to asking questions you know I won't answer

Who else am i supposed to ask? You said your spiritual method beats the scientific method when it comes to finding out who the creator is... That's why I'm asking you.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by terrezo2002(m): 12:08am On Sep 16, 2022
Wilgrea7:

Who else am i supposed to ask? You said your spiritual method beats the scientific method when it comes to finding out who the creator is... That's why I'm asking you.
I asked you to speak to God.
Just say God....then say your mind to Him
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 12:10am On Sep 16, 2022
terrezo2002:

I asked you to speak to God.
Just say God....then say your mind to Him

I did so... I heard nothing. Just blank silence
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by terrezo2002(m): 12:11am On Sep 16, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I did so... I heard nothing. Just blank silence
Continue asking. When He sees your motive and your humility, He will respond
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Wilgrea7(m): 12:15am On Sep 16, 2022
terrezo2002:

Continue asking. When He sees your motive and your humility, He will respond

That seems like a rather ineffective way of learning about something.

What if he never responds?
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by terrezo2002(m): 12:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Wilgrea7:

That seems like a rather ineffective way of learning about something.

What if he never responds?
You should try first. He responded to those who did. Just like He responded to me
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 12:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Judas1X:

As usual, you are assuming a Creator here. If you can't provide evidence of this creator, your assertion here is meaningless. cheesy

There is nothing to assume when without a shadow of doubt, as is already seen and known in and on this world, no thing can create itself. Not a phone, nor a car, nor man nor animal, nor thing.

Judas1X:

grin DMumuSpeaker, Its comments like this that reveal your severe cognitive impairment. Contrary to your myopic and uninformed claim, history has proven that it those who are fixated gods and religions that insist on hatred, prejudice and violent conflict.

Have you ever heard of Atheist Crusade or Atheist Jihad?

Religious conflict
Religious intolerance
Religious oppression

These are the things preventing world peace smiley

grin you are the one who is clearly myopic and fixated here in looking only at the needle prick view of what you call religious jihad whereas crime sections and crime reports all over the world daily show how greatly evil people are with no correlation or connection with your so called religious jihad, and apparently one would say that they are committed by atheists. grin
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Dtruthspeaker: 12:37am On Sep 16, 2022
sonmvayina:

Dtruthspeaker,.hope you are following?

Madman, go your dustbin go sleep!
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by Judas1X: 7:01am On Sep 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
There is nothing to assume when without a shadow of doubt, as is already seen and known in and on this world, no thing can create itself. Not a phone, nor a car, nor man nor animal, nor thing.
grin grin LMAO, C'mon DMumuSpeaker. This is 2022. Who still legitimately thinks that the argument from design is a tenable argument for gods, huh? Get with the times, fool cheesy

Your meaningless assertion here doesn't explain anything. You said everything is created, therefore, the Earth was created also abi? Oya please show us how the Earth was created. Yes nah, what are the processes, the nitty gritty science involved, hmm? When you finish answering that, can you then tell us who designed the designer, hmm? With the pentium 2 graded wavelength encoded in that hard mass of stone you mistook for a brain, you think you can explain complexity, by postulating something more complex in its place and declaring it needs no explanation, shebi?. Your argument is clearly self-refuting, but dogged and hopeless halfwits like you who no know better keep pushing olodo arguments like this because your capacity for logical thinking leaves much to be desired grin grin grin

Also, if everything is created, where is the NON-DESIGNED THING we can contrast the universe against? What is the point of a car or a phone, if the animals and trees are designed as well? Shouldn't the phone or car be evidence that the trees and animals are not designed? undecided

At best, your line of thinking gets us as far as a sort of DEISM, and says nothing about what particular theology if any would be the correct one. There are many creator gods in existence, so you can keep repeating creation till you're blue in the face, but you have no proof which god did it smiley smiley

Besides, if we should assume that there is a creator, then that creator is clearly not omnipotent. In fact he's an ignoramus creator cheesy cheesy. Women die in childbirth. Imagine designing a living thing to be killed literally by the act of perpetuating its own species. Your jaw is not big enough for all of your teeth. You're prone to bad backs because you're a biped. If you're male you can look forward to prostate problems in later life because the prostate surrounds the urethra. Again some design; wrapping an organ that expands through life around a collapsible drainage pipe. The vertebrate eye, what a horror story, especially considering molluscs have eyes and none of the problems ours have. If you were capable of the slightest bit of logic, you'd understand this things. Unfortunately though, you're as shallow as a roadside puddle cheesy

I must admire the great efforts you put at trying to pass off as an enlightened individual but anyone can still smell your backwater background, as well as your inferior education grin grin

you are the one who is clearly myopic and fixated here in looking only at the needle prick view of what you call religious jihad whereas crime sections and crime reports all over the world daily show how greatly evil people are with no correlation or connection with your so called religious jihad,
grin If you already know this genius, then why bring up the nonsensical claim that without gods and religion, there will be anarchy and mayhem, hmm? Olodo wizard, if god is needed for peace to reign, then how come crime and violent acts exist in societies where religious beliefs and doctrines take active center stage. Why does religious intolerance still exist, eh, DMumuSpeaker? cheesy cheesy

and apparently one would say that they are committed by atheists.
Unfortunately for you, terrorists such as Al Qaeda, Boko Haram etc. perpetuate their violent crimes as a result of their religious beliefs. The Ku Klax Klan was a terrorist organization basing their beliefs on Christian doctrines. So it is evident that religious people CAN and DO commit crimes. In fact, statistics have shown that majority of prison inmates consist of religious adherents, with atheists making a few of the numbers. Your logic is twisted. Your education is spawned from Sunday School and Christian movies grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by sonmvayina(m): 7:10am On Sep 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Madman, go your dustbin go sleep!

My point is that, people are noticing .

Don't you think it's high time you have a rethink..
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:10am On Sep 16, 2022
terrezo2002:

You should try first. He responded to those who did. Just like He responded to me

Of course people hear voices from the spirit realms but such are the handiworks of demons not God!
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by sonmvayina(m): 7:13am On Sep 16, 2022
LordTheus:

Which God? Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Anubis...?

There is only one, just the name is different..
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by LordTheus(m): 7:20am On Sep 16, 2022
sonmvayina:

Of course, the argument that guy was making aka Pascal's wager would make a little more sense if he believed that all deities are the same deity. But the person you quoted is probably a believer of the Christian deity and he rejects others like Anubis and Vishnu.
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by terrezo2002(m): 7:41am On Sep 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Of course people hear voices from the spirit realms but such are the handiworks of demons not God!
Is it only demons that speak from the spirit realms? Does the spirit of God not speak too?
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:41am On Sep 16, 2022
sonmvayina:

Lie!
There are many gods that's why their likes and dislikes contradicts leading their worshipers into having confusing opinions on standards! smiley
Re: Honest Question To The Christians by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:46am On Sep 16, 2022
terrezo2002:

Is it only demons that speak from the spirit realms? Does the spirit of God not speak too?

[b]Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways. Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things! Hebrews 1:1-2

After sending His only begotten Son (Jesus) God doesn't speak with anyone again that's why He gave us the Bible to direct us {2Timothy 3:16} any voice speaking afterwards is from demons! Galatians 1:8

1 Like

Re: Honest Question To The Christians by terrezo2002(m): 8:00am On Sep 16, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

[b]Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways. Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things! Hebrews 1:1-2

After sending His only begotten Son (Jesus) God doesn't speak with anyone again that's why He gave us the Bible to direct us {2Timothy 3:16} any voice speaking afterwards is from demons! Galatians 1:8
While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them” Acts 13:2 

Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to. So they passed by Mysia and went down to Troas Acts 16:6-8

How were the apostles able to hear God. Did they always read the Bible before they can hear God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

A Reply To Pastor Ayilara On RCCG Bible College From a Graduate of RCBC. / Armed Biker Gang Plans Open-carry “draw Mohammed” Contest Outside Phoenix Mosque / When The Grace Of GOD Becomes A Roller-coaster To Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.