Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 (59053 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / Three Siblings Survive After A Trailer Crushed Their Car In Nsukka (Photos) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by emmaodet: 8:03am On Sep 16, 2022
yesloaded:
Drivers needs to get sense & avoid breaking traffic rules anyhow

Lagos state government needs to stop this barbaric act of auctioning people's vehicle anyhow

Jail term with option of fine is ok and any offenders jailed suppose to have their vehicle bank

It's crazy to jail a man for 3yrs but still auction his vehicle

My advise to those who lives in Lagos feeding hand to mouth is that they should return to their hometown or relocate to another state, Lagos is not for everyone (this might sound harsh but it's bitter truth). When I see the kind of lives some people lives in lagos, I do tell myself that it's better to be farming in one's village than living a miserable life like this in the city

Then they will give the excuse of ''it is very easy to get a job in Lagos'' compared to other states. Maybe but it is also an illusion because unless you are earning 500k/700k or more in Lagos, you are only wasting your time. You will hardly achieve anything in life.
The question is, how many 500k and above jobs are there for 20m lagosians?
A primary or secondary schook of 50k per term in Ogun state is equal to 150k lagos schools in quality.
I once stayed in a 200k per year 3-bedroom flat in Ogun - tiled, PVC, 3 toilets with extra for visitor, my sitting room only is bigger than my in-law's total room & parlour self-contain he rented for 350k at oshodi. Just only my sitting room is bigger than is total whole apartment yet claiming lagosian up and down.
My broda, make i drop pen for here jare
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Corridon: 8:03am On Sep 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

i guarantee you - if you had met Osinachi driving one way against traffic, blocking your car, he would have been aggressively shouting at you, abusing you and telling you to get your jalopy out of the way

please publicize this very well. let everyone know one way must stop.

i will enter road and be looking left, right, up, down sideways, hesitate, look round again, hesitate, then check again.
grin grin funny but true.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by franchasofficia: 8:04am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.
But your so called Law enforcement Agents and those that have connection to your criminal Lagos government and officials drive against traffic daily, they break the same law. Will they do that in London?

Foolish citizens supporting their oppressive criminal leaders just to score useless political point and to feel their tribe is making progress
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by victorsola: 8:04am On Sep 16, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1428577/igbo-widow-son-tears-beg-lagos-government-auction-vehicle-photos-video/
. Reason we can’t go forward in this country is the emotion we put into stupid things . For instance if you rape or steal u will go to jail yet you decided to do it . It means u have the balls for it . Lagos traffic rule is their in every garage yet you decided to go against it , now u are crying . Plus he his not the only one his car was impounded. It’s painful but God go help am sha
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Alpharey: 8:04am On Sep 16, 2022
Snapchat:

So we should vote for Obi so that you people can continue your lawless attitude. Later you will be referencing America during development argument. Obi will never be Nigeria’s president.

Says ewedu gobbler. Your opinion is inconsequential.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Greenfaces: 8:04am On Sep 16, 2022
The abroad we are all running is the way it is because people follow laws without recourse to sentiments. Will you go to America or Dublin and follow one way? Why doing it in nigeria? People have lost lives and properties from reckless driving. Patients with medical emergency needs have died because paramedics couldn't get passed traffic jam on time. Don't these lives matter too? These tears are crocodile tears. After buying the car back at least we can be sure of one less insensitive driver on the road. You definitely won't try it again.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by ibechris(m): 8:04am On Sep 16, 2022
oyin44:

what are they waiting for go back to your jungle..

or is Lagos State part of South east.? grin

Oh sorry.....

l forgot, south east is a deserted region . cheesy

Inhabitants of civilians and ghosts. grin

U are just being a tribalist.

I think u know without other tribe in Lagos your Lagos
Ipob and esn have turned it to hostile hosts. grin

grin cheesy No go area

As if Lagos and Tinubu can survive without igbos and other tribes.

Continue in your hate after all,no be today una start.

U people cannot survive without selling lands to igbos yet u call us names.

May God have pity on your soul.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Hangulsaram: 8:04am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.
shot it, in that your London have you ever heard that they seize vehicles belonging to traffic and auction it? All they do is you pay fine, hardly you see any of them going to jail.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by oyin44: 8:05am On Sep 16, 2022
Mayeldah:

You will soon kpai on top Ibo matter, the hate is much please drink water so you won't have heart attack

btw I am not Ibo and Tinubu won't be President.

obi won't be president either mark my words,,,, grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Agbebakun22: 8:05am On Sep 16, 2022
pocohantas:
I always hated driving one way, but I never understood the gravity until I was nearly knocked down by one.

Went somewhere, parked in a street and proceeded to cross the road.

I crossed the first part and stood on that demarcation to cross the second side. I looked to the right because that is the only side vehicles should be coming from. Next thing I heard people shouting. That was when I looked to my left and saw this SUV less than a feet from me.

In my confused state I ran backwards because it looked like he was swerving to the left. He swerved to the right but made sure not to hit me. I broke my ankle and couldn’t walk properly for a while. It could have been worse.

All this yada yada talk of his child being sick is not relevant here.
ThankGod for ur life, i was knocked down by bike last year on BRT Lane. Dem no dey hear word but when the consequences come dem will be sheddin crocodile tears.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by mignone(f): 8:06am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
Right!
But are ur lawmakers and politicians obeying these same laws? It's easy to trample upon d poor bt God dey.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by pocohantas(f): 8:07am On Sep 16, 2022
Mercury12:
olofo driver. Thank God for your life. That is why acts like that must be condemn. No sentiment. People needs to drop gutter like behaviors. You don't try that outside the country without them withholding one driver license plus heavy fine

I always wondered how people get KILLED by one way drivers. Never understood until that experience. I was too startled to speak for almost an hour. Very big car. Just remembered it was a truck. A Tundra or something similar. Definitely not Hilux.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by tishbite42: 8:07am On Sep 16, 2022
Patriotsleague:

It's because your state is lawless, that's why those little dumb ipob terrorists are enslaving igbos. In Lagos we have laws, no one wants you here.
Lol
Yorubas are pathetic
So every Yoruba person is from Lagos State?!
grin cheesy wink
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by TenQ: 8:07am On Sep 16, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1428577/igbo-widow-son-tears-beg-lagos-government-auction-vehicle-photos-video/
Human beings can be wicked at times.

If violators of traffic rules lose almost their entire belongings, what should we do to people who steal Nigeria's money in billions?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Agboola321(m): 8:07am On Sep 16, 2022
haffaze777:

3 years from 2021 to 2022? The guy is not saying the real truth,but I pray he find helper and he doesn't go back to break more rules when he get his car back.

Yeah, it was the reason I said "if he had to". Nevertheless, I hope he gets help like you said.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Boladdsox(m): 8:07am On Sep 16, 2022
☹️☹️☹️☹️
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Greenfaces: 8:07am On Sep 16, 2022
emmaodet:

Then they will give the excuse of ''it is very easy to get a job in Lagos'' compared to other states. Maybe but it is also an illusion because unless you are earning 500k/700k or more in Lagos, you are only wasting your time. You will hardly achieve anything in life.
The question is, how many 500k and above jobs are there for 20m lagosians?
A primary or secondary schook of 50k per term in Ogun state is equal to 150k lagos schools in quality.
I once stayed in a 200k per year 3-bedroom flat in Ogun - tiled, PVC, 3 toilets with extra for visitor, my sitting room only is bigger than my in-law's total room & parlour self-contain he rented for 350k at oshodi. Just only my sitting room is bigger than is total whole apartment yet claiming lagosian up and down.
My broda, make i drop pen for here jare
say no more. I live in jigawa state.
I repeat.... say no more
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by oneMalik: 8:08am On Sep 16, 2022
You confirmed it yourself that you drove against traffic ..... you're now crying for help.

No i cant help help... had it been that you killed my daughter in the process you think i will forgive you ?

you will have to pay for every offence you committed and nothing less.

This is Nigeria and if you want the nation to grow you all have to abide by the rules. ce fini ,

After all you hate the country cos thats why you did what they arrested you for .
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Agboola321(m): 8:08am On Sep 16, 2022
emerged01:

Upon that people no still hear world. People driving against traffic are heartless as the people auctioning their vehicle.
Lagosians like to rush and that rushness dey kill dem so.

Omo Nigerians get so many bad habits and e no good.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Odss11: 8:09am On Sep 16, 2022
Traffic offended jailed for 3yrs smiley, yet corrupt leaders are pardoned- rule is rule i guess!
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Ckonnet: 8:09am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:

But this law doesn't reflect equality in anyway, people stole billions but are given light sentences but just for driven against traffic 3yrs even in London or most area, it's just a ticket and at most your licence will be withdrawn for an offence like this.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by emmaodet: 8:10am On Sep 16, 2022
Greenfaces:
say no more. I live in jigawa state.
I repeat.... say no more

grin grin grin grin

Bro, n mind me jare.

Those Lagosians like subtly throwing jabs at us and when we see a thread like this, we use the opportunity to rub it on their face back

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by obailala(m): 8:10am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.
What you've written here is outright trash and has nothing to do with Tinubu. We cannot continue to behave like lawless animals and expect no repercussions. Laws are meant to be obeyed, that's what differentiates sane developed countries from insane lawless shithole countries. I know someone who was almost killed after being knocked down by a stupid driver driving the opposite direction on a major road.

In fact if Tinubu is in any way responsible for the strict enforcement of this law, then that's an absolute plus for Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Agboola321(m): 8:10am On Sep 16, 2022
Sonyboom765:
There is no refine punish for driving against traffic. Once caught your vehicle is impounded straight to auction to generate income for the govt for that sort of lunatic act.

I'm not against impounding vehicles and paying to get them back. I was specific to the jail term. If he had to spend 3 years for the offence, its not humane. Its a bit on the harsh side.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Alpharey: 8:10am On Sep 16, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Fool, there is a law in place. Why don't you idiots stay in your zones. No westerners in Igbo land, but you people disturb us here.
Tinubu and your other leaders who understand the situation very well are fighting tooth and nail to make sure that Easterners have every reason to keep living in Lagos and you like a baby being backed by its mother don't even know that the journey is too far. Continue shouting leave our Lagos as if hunger will not finish you and your likes when you don't see Igbo man who will give you Owo da. Receive sense. You need those guys to survive. They raise Lagos Gdp.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Timekeeper452: 8:10am On Sep 16, 2022
This is what’s needed to return sanity back to the country. Nigerians are naturally stubborn and need these types of draconian rules to have sense by force. So yes this is welcomed. Wish it can be applied to every state in the country.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by oyin44: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2022
ibechris:

As if Lagos and Tinubu can survive without igbos and other tribes.

Continue in your hate after all,no be today una start.

U people cannot survive without selling lands to igbos yet u call us names.

May God have pity on your soul.

Imagine , Lagos can't survive without ibos in anoda word you mean ;Yoruba can't survive without ibo'

And you believe this... grin grin grin

Kanu was right then by trying to pull out the ibo from Nigeria fold,,
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2022
lexikul:
Three years for traffic offense? The poor are really oppressed in this country.
Why break the law... Why pass one way ... Na cus dem never break your leg na
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Echoban: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.

Just wait till those who drive against traffic jam u run one day, everything no b politics bro. I have a guy closeby here, a son of nobody that was hit by a fast moving one way hit and run driver, I pray the guy don't die as nobody is treating him currently.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by akwunomy(m): 8:12am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:

No body sell your car in London for traffic offense…you pay fine…appropriate fine…the country is hard while making it even more hard for people to live in..
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 8:12am On Sep 16, 2022
Komu1048:

Even though it's sad n I felt sorry for him n it's avoidable, but if you or any of your household have been knocked by this one-way violator. U won't be here spewing rubbish.

Nigeria needs iron hand like Tinubu. This country must work by fire by force, everyone must get sense
You dey mind some of them saying trash... Very easy to kill passing one way ... Very easy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos / China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus / Madonna Students Returning For Election Burn To Death In Road Accident (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.