Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 (58996 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / Three Siblings Survive After A Trailer Crushed Their Car In Nsukka (Photos) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Prevailing: 7:34am On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs for traffic of fence!!

He bought the bus 2021 and was impounded just 3 months after. How can someone complete a 3yrs jail term btw 2021 to 2022. Please read and understand before commenting

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by twilliamx(m): 7:34am On Sep 16, 2022
What is igbo widow... Just like tribalizing everything to whip up useless sentiment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:34am On Sep 16, 2022
Offpoint1:
Why not fine them heavily instead of auctioning their cars?

THIS WILL SHOW YOU THE TYPE OF PEOPLE RULING NIGERIA
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by uuzba(m): 7:34am On Sep 16, 2022
Offpoint1:
Why not fine them heavily instead of auctioning their cars?
Nigerians will feel that they can always bribe/pay and get their car back. They will still break the law again.
But with this auctioning, Nigerians will realise that once you break the law, your car is gone!
Don't break the law

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Agbebakun22: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs for traffic of fence!!
how can u bought a bus 2021 and in 2022 he go against the traffic rules and he was jailed 3 years and recently he's done with jail term. Omo dis story no add up, he cant serve 3 yrs jail term within jst one year. U check am nah

4 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Okhykhy1(m): 7:35am On Sep 16, 2022
Really this is bullcrap iswear it’s totally rubbish
We need to wake up
This is not Nigeria again
Say no to bad government ✊
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Kiloseria: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2022
This is basically unjust. The car shouldn't have been sold haven't setenced him to prison. Nigeria, I doubt if it will ever be good again.with this generation of Vampires
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by emaraide: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2022
The punishment for commiting an offence is now more than the punishment for commiting a crime. Why will you sell someone source of livelihood why not fine him. The guy even went to jail. The punishment is just too much I don't support this.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by BABANGBALI: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2022
Mynd44:
So he won the bid and he is basically buying back the car now.
no ma'am you got it wrong.

Mynd44 I still haven't forgiven you for banning me on nairaland, but thank you for taken very good care of me inside nairaland prison

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Offpoint1: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2022
zikter:
If you are in Lagos, you will know that the fine thing didn't work a bit. With this forfeiture law, stubborn people are still taking one way.
Auctioning won't stop it either, the problem lies with the government for improper Urban planning and terrible roads.

All of them took one-way to beat traffic.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by rusher14: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2022
zikter:
If you are in Lagos, you will know that the fine thing didn't work a bit. With this forfeiture law, stubborn people are still taking one way.

It cascades.

Gradually, it will get to them.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by na2016: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.

I am not sure this is correct. The guys auctioning the vehicles, probably drove against traffic to the auctioning. Let the law have a human face and let it not be selective
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by SimplyAJ(m): 7:35am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.
Yes he made a mistake by driving against traffic. But don't you think the punishment meted out was too much? At least 6 months would have been better not 3 years

Whereas Dem very useless polithiefians flout traffic rules and regulations with their police and convoy without any repercussions
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by detectivejones: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2022
Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria. The western world you visit and shine '32' at their development and how rules are obeyed this is what they do or even more.

2 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by MatrixReloaded: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2022
rusher14:

Then they'll start looking for the driver up and down abi?

Obey rules and stop the bullshitting.
Lol how will you look for a driver up and down when you have all his details, BVN thumb print as a exconvict. Olodo
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:36am On Sep 16, 2022
Keyamo will not talk this one o
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 7:36am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
Nigerians and emotional blackmail...
We want a sane country but dont want to abide by the law ... Make person cry till tomorrow oyinbo no go answer.. Why pass one way ... Why?
See the comment before yours ... And that person will also say hin wants a better Nigeria... Se na like this e go better

2 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Karlman: 7:36am On Sep 16, 2022
I hope it's not only Igbos cars they sold?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by BABANGBALI: 7:36am On Sep 16, 2022
Kiloseria:
This is basically unjust. The car shouldn't have been sold haven't setenced him to prison. Nigeria, I doubt if it will ever be good again.with this generation of Vampires
our leaders are very wicked and earthless
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by lolu2019: 7:36am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

He can only be a president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.
if u know how many lives have been lost driving against traffic,u won't be saying this shit.people gets emotionally attached when government is doing their job.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by MatrixReloaded: 7:36am On Sep 16, 2022
detectivejones:
Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria. The western world you visit and shine '32' at their development and how rules are obeyed this is what they do or even more.
Shatap obey rules, obey rules, not impounding peoples vehicles, its intimidation and poverty elevation. Set fines and let them go!!
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by raylandmark: 7:36am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
Let call a spade a spade it is actually wrong where in the world does someone commit a traffic offense and has done its sentence yet they still fine him fine is supposed to be an option if he can’t pay the fine then he goes to prison how will you punish someone twice
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nyamiri: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2022
crafteck:

Lets first leave tribe out of it, punishment should be equal or similar in weight to the crime, how can you take people's properties because you have the power to, funny thing is lagosians are silent, politicians steal billions and they are not arent to firing squad.... Think am, same politicians that didn't build standard road and hospitals and their actions leads to thousands of deats yearly oooo

There are traffic offences and then, there is one way driving. Normal traffic offences attract fines.

For one way drivers, you are seen as driving your vehicle with intent to kill. This is because of the high likelihood of knocking down passers by and other motorists.

I have personally seen 2 people knocked down by one way drivers and I don't wish it on anyone. I believe jailing one way drivers and confiscating their vehicles is in order.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by HBB1(m): 7:37am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:

Will you be imprisoned for 3 years for driving against traffic in the UK?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Kehinderichard(m): 7:37am On Sep 16, 2022
Its only in Nigeria we mix emotions with law enforcement. No wonder we are not moving forward. What you cannot do in advanced countries, you do in Nigeria.

The 3 years is kinda too harsh though.

We have to obey the law at all times.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
Until the traffic offenders kill you or your relatives before you condemn them. Rule is rule. Without rules we are nothing but savages.
Leave am na... Make e dey talk rubbish ... Abi if he don kill person e go remember him car
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by BABANGBALI: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2022
Karlman:
I hope it's not only Igbos cars they sold
yes it was only their own we sold, what would you do to us?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by grandstar(m): 7:37am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

He can only be a president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.

Why will someone drive against traffic? It's just gross irresponsibility.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by rusher14: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2022
Offpoint1:

Auctioning won't stop it either, the problem lies with the government for improper Urban planning and terrible roads.

All of them took one-way to beat traffic.

There's no urban planning for roads in Lagos unless you resort to demolishing homes and structures.

The light rail should reduce the number of cars on the road.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nairanation2: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2022
Why can't u just stfu! Their can be improvement in this new way of dealing with traffic offenders but for u to be tying everything to politics or ethnicity is d height of shenanigan. We're so lawless in this country & that's why we're here as a nation. We compare Nigeria to d Western world at every given opportunity but fail to realise or admit that they hold their laws in sanctity.
We need to start doing things d right way. D bidding process & purchase was open to all & not manipulated & that's a plus. So, rest!
Anigreat:
shocked

Atleast there should have been a warning by paying a little amount for disobedience, but no, it's total auctioning, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Masturbator2020: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
Until the traffic offenders kill you or your relatives before you condemn them. Rule is rule. Without rules we are nothing but savages.
Don't mind him. I was surprised to see the nonsense one way driving happening in Lagos when I visited Nigeria last year. I'm so happy with this action of the government. Proudly obidient though

3 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by AdeMoss: 7:37am On Sep 16, 2022
This is what happens when a person acts without considering consequence.
There is a movie quote (Batman), "Criminals thrive based on society's understanding".

We should ignore that his act placed lives in danger because he had issues

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.