Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,826 members, 7,828,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 (59058 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / Three Siblings Survive After A Trailer Crushed Their Car In Nsukka (Photos) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by compton11(m): 7:56am On Sep 16, 2022
arcis:

So sorry brother...you bought the vehicle in 2021, you spent 3 years in Prison and you have completed your terms. this is 2022..I'm I missing something please?
the story seems fake to me
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by MatrixReloaded: 7:56am On Sep 16, 2022
rusher14:

On Monday.
Atam gi isi aba opu.

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by stormborn28(m): 7:56am On Sep 16, 2022
Mynd44:
So he won the bid and he is basically buying back the car now.

Please help him if you can.

Oga Seun , I beg help.. Have mercy. The young man accepted he committed an offense.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Mercury12(m): 7:56am On Sep 16, 2022
kamez:
Can someone explain to me how he bought the bus in 2021, paid off 300k already as part of the hired purchase, went to jail for 3yrs which he said he completed the 3yrs jail term, and somehow we are still in the year 2022...

I'm lost pls
I guess you expecting him to get out of jail in actual 3 years. Lol.
A year in outside world is calculated 2 years in prison.
Hope u got the picture now
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by edosignature(m): 7:56am On Sep 16, 2022
Life...

A man was knockdown by a driver who was driving against traffic. The man spent 4 years on hospital beds & later died with memory loss. I don't pity for people who drive against traffic... But as human I feel for those whose cars are impounded.

Please let us all always obey traffic rules & drive right.

Thanks.

Emman08:
This is draconian and cruel. How about fines, suspended prison sentences and suspended licenses? Sad thing is law applies to the ordinary Nigerian.

When will Nigeria start confiscating the assets of the looters in government?

No, we reward them and name national assets and road after them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by yesloaded: 7:56am On Sep 16, 2022
Sonyboom765:
Thank God you are not a law maker in Lagos
Once you are caught driving against traffic right there n then your vehicle is impounded to be auction only a foolsih human being will know this law n still drive against traffic.

If I am a gov 3 month after this law was established I will consider it an affront should anyone dare to flaunt the law and additional punishment of beheading to anyone daring enough.

Impound your car is not a punish as it is a weapon to commit a crime. It's like killing with a gun n you expect the gun returned because you a sentenced to life imprisonment.

Hmmmmm

Like I said in my post that you quote, 3yrs jail term with option of huge fine is enough

When you behead someone who drives against traffic, what would you do to someone who commit murder?

I'm not encouraging driving against traffic as you can see that I condemned it & even support jail term for offenders
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by emmaodet: 7:56am On Sep 16, 2022
yesloaded:
Drivers needs to get sense & avoid breaking traffic rules anyhow

Lagos state government needs to stop this barbaric act of auctioning people's vehicle anyhow

Jail term with option of fine is ok and any offenders jailed suppose to have their vehicle bank

It's crazy to jail a man for 3yrs but still auction his vehicle

My advise to those who lives in Lagos feeding hand to mouth is that they should return to their hometown or relocate to another state, Lagos is not for everyone (this might sound harsh but it's bitter truth). When I see the kind of lives some people lives in lagos, I do tell myself that it's better to be farming in one's village than living a miserable life like this in the city

This is the biter truth.
I have friends and relatives who always brag of being Lagosians as if we (other nigerians not staying in Lagos) are inferior.
If someone staying in abroad can't push me aside, na you wey dey stay for Lagos down there go fit?
Most are even living in terrible environments .....some still using pit latrine, face you-i slap you rooms and many more.
They have stayed in their so called Lagos for over 20 years with little to none as achievement other than bragging of ''Awa la leko - na we get Lagos''
Na u get Lagos yet people staying outside lagos are living a better and cheaper life. Achieve things faster than you.
Some do tell me they can't stay any other place aside lagos and i ask why? they said the population. There is nothing you put down in Lagos that you won't sell even if na shit/feaces. Okay and i also do ask them since you know there is nothing you put down that won't sell since the market is there, HOW MANY BUSINESSESS HAVE YOU DONE? HOW MANY THINGS HAVE YOU SOLD? After all, that should be the most logical thing to do. See how they will start stammering an fumbling to explain or give excuses

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Konjiboii: 7:57am On Sep 16, 2022
You are stupid for tagging your headline Igbo widow, you must be tribalistic preek from the pit of hell.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Mayeldah(m): 7:57am On Sep 16, 2022
oyin44:

what are they waiting for go back to your jungle..

or is Lagos State part of South east.? grin

Oh sorry.....

l forgot, south east is a deserted region . cheesy

Inhabitants of civilians and ghosts. grin

Ipob and esn have turned it to hostile hosts. grin

grin cheesy No go area

You will soon kpai on top Ibo matter, the hate is much please drink water so you won't have heart attack

btw I am not Ibo and Tinubu won't be President.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by haffaze777(m): 7:57am On Sep 16, 2022
Agboola321:
Traffic offence is a crime but I feel the rule is quite harsh if he had to spend 3 years in prison. That's a whole lot.

LASG should come up with a more refined and humane approach.

3 years from 2021 to 2022? The guy is not saying the real truth,but I pray he find helper and he doesn't go back to break more rules when he get his car back.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by detectivejones: 7:57am On Sep 16, 2022
MatrixReloaded:

Another olodo spotted. Negative views have clouded your thoughts. Ain't nothing supportive in ur life.
You know, you can make your point or counter an opinion like a normal human being with functioning brain right?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Onucs(m): 7:57am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

He can only be a president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.

What has Tinubu done in this case?

The dude broke the law and is being purnished according to the law. He understands this and that is why, he is begging.

But people like you, always looking for the slightest opportunity to purge your shallow political mindset.

You can't win this way, trust me.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Reference(m): 7:58am On Sep 16, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1428577/igbo-widow-son-tears-beg-lagos-government-auction-vehicle-photos-video/

Nigerians like drama.
You had all these challenges before the fact and they could not sober you up and elevate your thinking to do the right thing.

You are lucky the crusher was not an option in sanitizing Lagos roads.
It is your type that ejected me from Lagos in 2003 with all finality.

Simply cannot live with your type.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Patriotsleague: 7:58am On Sep 16, 2022
Munamoqel:
come to Apapa one way is even the only road . Travel are have more experience not been a local champion
What you said is contradicting your point fool, so if they arrest those ones now you blame the government?

As a human being, think like one, don't think like an animal.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by crafteck(m): 7:58am On Sep 16, 2022
Patriotsleague:

You can leave, if you can't obey it's laws. All over the world vehicles are impounded, it's nothing new. You dumb biafrans are so primitive, always allow sentiments becloud your senses. You fools always talk nonsense all the time, if you commit offence with your vehicle, you can't be shot for that, you can be shot if you are an armed robber, terrorists etc. Maybe in your village they shoot people for traffic offences not in Lagos.

Trying to impact knowledge into you is like fetching water with a basket, i give up.

HE WHO KNOWS NOT AND DOES NOT KNOW HE KNOWS NOT
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by akmusty(m): 7:58am On Sep 16, 2022
Thank God u won it back , so go get someone to buy or get money to pay. Every sin has a price , you never tell us if you kill someone in course of traffick offense to have attract jail term.if anyone who has any of his/her family killed by traffic offender before will know this better.
If we are abroad we do normal but when we are here we do like idiot most time . There much be check as I know non of this people will work against traffic including those supporters of wrong doing , they may make noise here but will caution.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:59am On Sep 16, 2022
How come angry

The car was bought in 2021

You drove against traffic and was impounded.

Not just only that, you were jailed for 3 years which you just completed. angry

And All these happened within 2021 and 2022 angry
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Greenback: 7:59am On Sep 16, 2022
haffaze777:

"Alade" if you are educated or at least attended primary school,you will know something about sentences running concurrently grin grin grin

3 years from 2021 to 2022? The guy is not saying the real truth,but I pray he find helper and he doesn't go back to break more rules when he get his car back. so endeavour to always read and think before opening ya mouth,thank you very much
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Patriotsleague: 8:00am On Sep 16, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

WAIT AND READ YORUBAS IN THIS FORUM REJOICING OVER SOMEBODY ELSE TEARS

YORUBAS ARE SADIST BY DNA
It's because your state is lawless, that's why those little dumb ipob terrorists are enslaving igbos. In Lagos we have laws, no one wants you here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Agbebakun22: 8:00am On Sep 16, 2022
Alpharey:

Driving against traffic is bad. But auctioning ones vehicle is wicked, coupled with the jail terms. In London you are referring to, you bwill be issued a ticket to go and pay a stipulated fine, not outright impoundment. Wicked government
oga even if they pay fine sum of dem go still commit the crime. I almost got knocked down last year by one way driver. I no pity any one way driver if caught.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by AliGro: 8:00am On Sep 16, 2022
By now Rufai of Arise TV would have been serving his 3 year jail term and his car would be up for sale if not....

Let us all obey rules to keep a sane society. This is what sane clime is about
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Olayetan(m): 8:01am On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs(doesn't seem true, going by the difference between date of bus purchase and today)

It's 3months they wanted to write, how can traffic offenders spend 3years for committing traffic rule?

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by twilliamx(m): 8:01am On Sep 16, 2022
Emman08:
This is draconian and cruel. How about fines, suspended prison sentences and suspended licenses? Sad thing is law applies to the ordinary Nigerian.

When will Nigeria start confiscating the assets of the looters in government?

No, we reward them and name national assets and road after them.

My brother it is better this way.. If you see what this commercial drivers do.... You will appreciate this move especially in Lagos.. We need sanity at all cost
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Corridon: 8:01am On Sep 16, 2022
Masturbator2020:

Don't mind him. I was surprised to see the nonsense one way driving happening in Lagos when I visited Nigeria last year. I'm so happy with this action of the government. Proudly obidient though
I'm OBIdient too.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by reddingtonblack: 8:01am On Sep 16, 2022
Focusmind:
Lagos will reset your brain. I don't go anywhere in Lagos with my car if I am not conversant with the road networks there. Forget Google maps. I rather enter bus and save myself stress and lastma problem.

Last two Sundays, my wife wanted me to take her some where in Idumu for her friend's Child dedication. I just didn't know that route very well and I told her I would follow her on condition that we have to use public bus. Though she didn't liked it but this is Lagos. Law enforcement officers here are wolves.

Tbh, its crazy out there, they keep changing traffic rules without proper notifications to road user , and before you know it some is quoting ignorances is not an excuses.

Sign boards would have being enough guide buh off expresslane you won't see any, what is ground are some hoodlums looking taskforce hiding to lay ambush, they are suppose to guide and regulate traffic buh e cum be like say there only role naa extortion

If lagos road users can form a voice and stand up to the govt i think it will do all of us a lot of good cos whether we believe it or not power lies with the people.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by MrOkenwa(m): 8:01am On Sep 16, 2022
Interesting. While going through this page, I could remember over 10 fatal accident cases caused by reckless drivers driving against the traffic. All led to the death of at least 1 victim.
One-way traffic offenders should continue to be severely dealt with pls. They are potential murderers.

2 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by huntax(m): 8:02am On Sep 16, 2022
They could've just asked him to pay a fine of ₦450,000 naira.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by GloriousGbola: 8:02am On Sep 16, 2022
Emotions were let loosed on Thursday when a widow, 49, Eorothy Dike and her son, Osinachi Ndukwe, wept openly as they begged for price reduction while their only vehicle bought at the rate of N1.8.million on hired purchase was being auctioned for N450,000, IGBERETV reports.

“I bought the bus at N1.8 million on hired purchase in 2021 and was plying Ijegun enroute Cele Expressway.

“The bus was three months old and I had remitted N300,000 when I drove against traffic in Cele area and the bus was impounded.

“Not only that, I was sentenced to three years imprisonment which I completed recently but before the completion, information reached me that my three years old daughter was ill due to lack of fund and before I completed the jail term, I got information that she had died.

i guarantee you - if you had met Osinachi driving one way against traffic, blocking your car, he would have been aggressively shouting at you, abusing you and telling you to get your jalopy out of the way

please publicize this very well. let everyone know one way must stop.

i will enter road and be looking left, right, up, down sideways, hesitate, look round again, hesitate, then check again.

5 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Mercury12(m): 8:02am On Sep 16, 2022
pocohantas:
I always hated driving one way, but I never understood the gravity until I was nearly knocked down by one.

Went somewhere, parked in a street and proceeded to cross the road.

I cross the first part, stood on that demarcation to cross the second side. I looked to the right because that is the only side vehicles should be coming from. Next thing I heard people shouting. That was when I looked to my left and saw this SUV less than a feet from me.

In my confused state I ran backwards because it looked like he was swerving to the left. He swerved to the right but made sure not to hit me. I broke my ankle and couldn’t walk properly for a while. It could have been worse.

All this yada yada talk of his child being sick is not relevant here.
olofo driver. Thank God for your life. That is why acts like that must be condemn. No sentiment. People needs to drop gutter like behaviors. You don't try that outside the country without them withholding one driver license plus heavy fine
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by tishbite42: 8:02am On Sep 16, 2022
Mercury12:
I guess you expecting him to get out of jail in actual 3 years. Lol.
A year in outside world is calculated 2 years in prison.
Hope u got the picture now
Yeah
Day and night is 2 days
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by obembet(f): 8:03am On Sep 16, 2022
Eorothy Dike and her son, Osinachi Ndukwe

Somebody should tell this people to go back to thier village. Thier village is the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Greenback: 8:03am On Sep 16, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
How come angry

The car was bought in 2021

You drove against traffic and was impounded.

Not just only that, you were jailed for 3 years which you just completed. angry
aboki try and be reading books in life...there's something known as sentences running concurrently,you can Google it and be enlightened,so you don't be clouded by hate and illiteracy and bitterness,nagode grin
And All these happened within 2021 and 2022 angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos / China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus / Madonna Students Returning For Election Burn To Death In Road Accident (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.