Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 (59085 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / Three Siblings Survive After A Trailer Crushed Their Car In Nsukka (Photos) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Parachoko: 9:09am On Sep 16, 2022
Alpharey:

Driving against traffic is bad. But auctioning ones vehicle is wicked, coupled with the jail terms. In London you are referring to, you bwill be issued a ticket to go and pay a stipulated fine, not outright impoundment. Wicked government
Show evidence in London you will only be issued a ticked to pay for driving against traffic
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by lordixon(m): 9:09am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
Until the traffic offenders kill you or your relatives before you condemn them. Rule is rule. Without rules we are nothing but savages.

rule is rule abi. when it will happen to you, dont just come to NL to cry.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Snapchat: 9:10am On Sep 16, 2022
Alpharey:

Even people wey dey eat and shit for gutter dey yearn dust

Obi will never be Nigeria’s president.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Indispensable85(m): 9:10am On Sep 16, 2022
Edoreborn:
This is sad,,after 3yrs of imprisonment??

Person wey dem catch 2021 say him complete 3yrs imprisonment and we're in 2022. Make una dey try think sometimes.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 9:11am On Sep 16, 2022
knowhowk:
. To Maintain Sanity is to Withdraw Vehicle someone Use to earn a Living and made him Suffer the Most right !

How about Charging him a Fine..What a Wicked Comment
Cus you want to earn a living you should pose a threat to peoples lives... Nawa oooo

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by TheFacelessMan: 9:11am On Sep 16, 2022
Nyamiri:

There are traffic offences and then, there is one way driving. Normal traffic offences attract fines.

For one way drivers, you are seen as driving your vehicle with intent to kill. This is because of the high likelihood of knocking down passers by and other motorists.

I have personally seen 2 people knocked down by one way drivers and I don't wish it on anyone. I believe jailing one way drivers and confiscating their vehicles is in order.

Thanks for your efforts and rusher14 at cleaning up this thread.

I have Liked and Shared every single post of yours. All of them make sense.

The sentence might seem harsh but believe me those who will lose their cars at auction, those who hear about it will spread the word ....

Gradually people will understand that the Law is the Law in Lagos State. The Government will be initially vilified but eventually imitated in more progressive states.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Snapchat: 9:11am On Sep 16, 2022
Alpharey:

Says ewedu gobbler. Your opinion is inconsequential.

Just like Obi and Ibos presidential ambition.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 9:12am On Sep 16, 2022
Munamoqel:
may be you have not stayed in Lagos . If road where normal why pass one way . For year apapa people used one way to get to port including top govt official and lastma people . The road has been turned to park by truck and if you hook na still next day .
Na every road no good ... Se na every road
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 9:13am On Sep 16, 2022
crafteck:

Im not asking for them to be left free, if no one died, give them choice of 3 months imprisonment or 200k,if they killed then you can take the car. People makinh these rules from my experience have made money of the commoners and usually move to ikoyi or less peasantly affordable locations so they dont go through what MOST of the one way perpetrators go through.
Until person die... Ogbeni , orisirisi
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Preciousgift90: 9:13am On Sep 16, 2022
Seems LASTMA No longer meet the daily target tinubu gave them by collecting 20k-50k from each traffic offender, now they have upgraded to selling off people's car at auction price.

This source for election fund is becoming serious
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:13am On Sep 16, 2022
Before u make laws.... make sure u as a government has put things in place...

Make announcement on radio tvs billboard.. Agencies... before this government put more curses upon the land...

E.g just like those era village people burn people alive or killing people without investigating an issue well.... Those people at the point of death curse the people and land

And negativity startw to happen so cases there is no remedy to come out from that curse!!.... This government has done enough that negatively has worked on the land... the earth the wind the trees ... even innocent blood has ears and they cry to God...

Ever negatively get expiry date even this government.... That note!!
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 9:15am On Sep 16, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Law is law, in UK, US they impound cars, go back to your lawless Igbo land where there is no law and order. You must not live in Lagos. Driving on one way kills. It's madness to use one way.
If them Carry them go yaba left dem go just be another liability to governments... Na there them supposed carry them go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by membranus: 9:16am On Sep 16, 2022
Agboola321:
Traffic offence is a crime but I feel the rule is quite harsh if he had to spend 3 years in prison. That's a whole lot.

LASG should come up with a more refined and humane approach.

I am very sure it is not for contravening traffic laws that he was sentenced to 3 years imprisonment. It must be for another serious offence.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by MotiveU(f): 9:16am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.
Until people in power obey the same law..
Nothing works??
When Tinubu won the apc presidential ticket. Was the road not blocked for more than 3hours.someone that wasn't a governor neither a President.
What sane country does that?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by tabaralph: 9:16am On Sep 16, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
Mumus

See how they're acting like the victims now.
HOW DID THEY GET TO THAT POINT IN THE FIRST PLACE!?

They broke the law!!!
[
Actions have consequences...

YOU ARE ALWAYS FREE TO DO WHATEVER YOU LIKE, BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOUR ACTIONS WILL ALWAYS BE MET WITH REACTIONS TOO.

Please tell them …I lost my 75years old mother to this lunatic driver that drove through one way around gbagada 5years ago, the worst thing was that it was hit and and run she left my mother to bleed to death, all the materials including the aso ebi we planned for her 75th birthday was use for her burial sadly…may will not fall their victims

2 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by TheFacelessMan: 9:17am On Sep 16, 2022
TheFacelessMan:

Thanks for your efforts and rusher14's at cleaning up this thread.

I have Liked and Shared every single post of yours. All of them make sense.

The sentence might seem harsh but believe me those who will lose their cars at auction, those who hear about it will spread the word ....

Gradually people will understand that the Law is the Law in Lagos State. The Government will be initially vilified but eventually imitated in more progressive states.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by victor54: 9:17am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.

True. But the law should be for everybody. The politicians dnt obey the law and the cars can't be seized. You can never see their cars being auctioned but we see them break the law.

I dnt have pity for whoever that breaks the law but hypocrisy irritates me.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Atarakpa: 9:18am On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs(doesn't seem true, going by the difference between date of bus purchase and today)
may be he meant 3 months....

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Ofemmanu1: 9:19am On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs(doesn't seem true, going by the difference between date of bus purchase and today)

He bought the bus in 2021, got arrested in 2022 and served 3yr jail term all in 2022!

Flatti can lie..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 9:21am On Sep 16, 2022
ogascomax:

We know but is that the kind of punishment they give in London. This is wickedness.
Then go to London with less punishments
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 9:22am On Sep 16, 2022
Chidelis:

That's why there should be fine or seizure of the car for 6months or a year as punishment and not auctioning, cos na poor man go sufer the matter, big man motor no dey there
Bigman get sense ni
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Indispensable85(m): 9:22am On Sep 16, 2022
We're too linient with traffic rules in this country. If u see wetin Canada do my person early dis year for traffic offence you go cry. After collecting her driver's licence,they took her car to their office and parked it there for 1month. When she went there after the 1month to claim the car, they told her she's going to pay 50 dollars per day for parking space within their premises. By the time they added money for the main offence she had to pay close to 3k dollars. She wept like a baby. Kikikikikikiki........she was late for work and went to drive on the wrong lane to beat time. This things are taken seriously over there because it can lead to the death of another person. More than half of her salary that month was gone. Lol.......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Funflipper: 9:23am On Sep 16, 2022
Alpharey:

Driving against traffic is bad. But auctioning ones vehicle is wicked, coupled with the jail terms. In London you are referring to, you bwill be issued a ticket to go and pay a stipulated fine, not outright impoundment. Wicked government

If you drive against traffic, you are going to prison because you are wilfully endangering the lives of other road users.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Osobi32(m): 9:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
Even in sane countries they give warning ticket where u pay fine. This is just a case of the poor getting poorer and the rich getting richer. Lastma seized those cars because the people involved refused to settle them, I was a victim some weeks back around akowonjo and those idiots collected 25k from me
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 9:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Guide777:

Even in London, the traffic offence is penalised with fine not with Jail term or Auctioning of the offender's vehicle. Traffic offence should be civil not criminal. The law that empowers Lagos state government to this is repressive and inhumane.
Thats their law .. Then leave the state ... Na must... Even Saudi jail person for using social media anyhow... Abeg joor
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Indispensable85(m): 9:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Funflipper:

If you drive against traffic, you are going to prison because you are wilfully endangering the lives of other road users.

Absolutely

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by alyarmouk(m): 9:25am On Sep 16, 2022
I am an Igbo man and this is bad reporting by the mod or whomever originated this. Why use 'igbo woman'? Aren't there other tribes whose cars were auctioned Stop whipping up regional sentiment, what is wrong is wrong.
Do you know the dangers Onse-way driving pose?
We should all endeavor to do the right thing irrespective of 'tribe' or whatever. If na America nko? I sure say you no go add 'igbo woman' for the reports
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 9:26am On Sep 16, 2022
crafteck:

So a lagosian should leave lagos if lagos isnt good for him? ... Now i see your line of thought.
It would get to the point where people are shot for crossing express(especially where there are no pedestrian bridges or poorly maintained ones} before you understand crime and punishment ratio.
Your type dey here... We tell am make she use pedestrian bridge ... Shr replied na God dey save us... Una sha wan dey give excuse ... Nigeria no fit better se
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by mecuries(m): 9:28am On Sep 16, 2022
After doing some time in prison,the state government still wants to sell the vehicle? Does that even make any sense? Isn't that why he was sentenced?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Omodua(m): 9:28am On Sep 16, 2022
oyin44:

what are they waiting for, go back to your jungle ..

or is Lagos State part of South east.? grin

Oh sorry.....

l forgot, south east is a deserted region . cheesy

Inhabitants of civilians and ghosts. grin

Ipob and esn have turned it to hostile hosts. grin

grin cheesy No go area
Your comments depicts you as one who lacks knowledge and stark illiterate.

We are One country defined within Nigerian boundaries. What's the offense we live within Nigerian boundaries as citizens. Any Law debarring that?

Naira land allows all manners of people like you to comment on issues needing commonsense and intelligence.

You're a waste and embarrassment to informed readers in the platform.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by anonymous1759(m): 9:29am On Sep 16, 2022
Johnrake69:

Did you just downplay the role of the elites in the crisis we're faced in Nigeria?

Who embazzle money for road construction? Who loots money for hospitals? Who loots money for schools? Who loots money for worker's pension?

How many people have died from such compared to people dying everyday because of bad roads, inadequate health care facilities etc?

The point is that the system has been designed against the poor from the beginning.

Go to Nigerian prison more than 60% have no reason being there in the first place. They're there because they don't have anyone to look into their case and the Nigerian system doesn't give a damn.

I’m not down playing it , we should do our own parts as citizens too. Two wrongs don’t make a right. It cost you nothing to keep your surroundings clean and obey traffic rules . You can make excuses to steal if you’re hungry not breaking traffic rules or littering the floor because you’re broke .

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus / Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Madonna Students Returning For Election Burn To Death In Road Accident (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.