Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 (58896 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / Three Siblings Survive After A Trailer Crushed Their Car In Nsukka (Photos) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Alpharey: 8:21am On Sep 16, 2022
compton11:
the story seems fake to me

I think it was 3 months jail term.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Agboola321(m): 8:21am On Sep 16, 2022
ipobarecriminals:
sad I sympathise with him and his mum but the 3 years in prison is a lie.Probably mean 3 months.He got the bus on hire purchase last year 2021.So,how come 3 yrs ?

You're right. I said "if he had to" cos the whole thing didn't add up. Gracias
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Tutu19: 8:21am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.
You are very st2pid. Is traffic offence a crime? Foolish people, wicked tribalists. U and ur Tinubu will kpuff unceremoniously
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Corridon: 8:21am On Sep 16, 2022
joyandfaith:

law enforcement in Nigeria is selective.
Then everyone should be mad.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs(doesn't seem true, going by the difference between date of bus purchase and today)

There was a mixup somewhere. It's three months and not three years.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by joshuaidibia(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs(doesn't seem true, going by the difference between date of bus purchase and today)

I don't believe that story. They were paid to set an example to defaulters.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by abokikhalifa: 8:22am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.

This is one reason many Nigerians are scared of voting Tinubu. That man nd is crew are cartel men. Nigerians will see shage from the man. May God help us all nd not allow Nigerians fall inside Tinubu trap. Amen
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 8:22am On Sep 16, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Rule 2 broken
Seun Mynd4 lalasticlalà mukiŋa2 rocktatioŋ justwisè óam4j nlfpmoɗ
Cry cry baby

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by RPG2020(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.

Do you go to prison in London for traffic offence,?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by anonymous1759(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2022
Johnrake69:

The irony is that we need iron hands for the masses while the elites are let go when they sabotage our economy by engaging in mindless looting. Let's kill a bus driver plying one way because of traffic while trying to meet up with daily balance but for Accountant general that stole #109 Billion we should pardon him. It's really sad. This is the reason there will never be peace in Nigeria.

The injustice in the system is just ridiculous.

If we continue like this Nigeria will never grow .
So because the Leaders are misbehaving we should follow suit ?
You just mention the commercial side of breaking traffic rules what about the danger part? The traffic you just made mention of that’s making drivers break laws are caused by them . Illegal parking, over taking , breaking speed limit can cause accident . Throwing dirts on the floor and drainage can cause flooding and cholera.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by samonak(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

He can only be a president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.
Did you read the part where he "drove against traffic"? I am not a fan of Tinubu, but Nigerians need to learn the hard way. ( Though auctioning his vehicle is a bit extreme) he should have been made to pay a hefty fine.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:23am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.

Just take a good look at yourself. You want a better country, but don't want rules.

That guy drove against traffic. He could have killed someone that day, and that someone could have easily been anyone, including you and even any of your loved ones.

This is why I keep telling people that our problem is not caused by leadership alone. But many other things, including our mentality.

Just look at your own mentality now. Taking sides with an offender.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by joyandfaith: 8:23am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
Then everyone should be mad.

Some laws are being enforced to generate revenue.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by hope4nigeria(m): 8:23am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
in UK, US, CANADA, it's either they revoke the license of the driver or pay fine, not wicked like this selling off peoples property to raise money for Tinubu campaign. Let me see how any useless individual from Lagos will come to federal level. So the house boy governor shot himself on the foot. All the road user in Lagos will be stupid to vote who will sell off their property in disguise of enforcing Law
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Lanretoye(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Agboola321:
Traffic offence is a crime but I feel the rule is quite harsh if he had to spend 3 years in prison. That's a whole lot.

LASG should come up with a more refined and humane approach.
you know them nah,before it can get to that stage he must have beaten or harassed the officials.what they cannot try in their east.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Kog45(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2022
I don tire for this country...which one be Igbo widow and son again and funny moderator put it in front page.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by okwusdaddy: 8:24am On Sep 16, 2022
After they would say Lagos has money.Auctioning people's cars is a very desperate way to generate funds.Why not jail them instead of auctioning car that don't belong to them
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Agboola321(m): 8:24am On Sep 16, 2022
colestephan86:

You dont questin the severity of a law if you are law abiding.

You can! Everything is subject to questioning. Moreso, in a democratic setting. Its part of reason you have things like public hearing.

Questioning how your country works does not make you a lawbreaker. Its a part of the process
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by zionstaar75: 8:26am On Sep 16, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

LONDON AND LAGOS IS NOW THE SAME COUNTRY

THE SAME ECONOMIC POWER

THE SAME THE OPPORTUNITIES

THE SAME GDP
u are an enemy of this country? So we should become lawless because we're not London ?no sane human being will drive against the traffic. I've been driving for 30years and I've never done it.lagos,Abuja,ibadan,ilorin. It's madness,when there's traffic u wait.if you're impatient in life u stomach anything your eyes see.i feel no pity for these guys.one of my uncles was killed by someone driving against the traffic

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Alpharey: 8:26am On Sep 16, 2022
Snapchat:

So we should vote for Obi so that you people can continue your lawless attitude. Later you will be referencing America during development argument. Obi will never be Nigeria’s president.

Even people wey dey eat and shit for gutter dey yearn dust
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Agboola321(m): 8:27am On Sep 16, 2022
Lanretoye:
you know them nah,before it can get to that stage he must have beaten or harassed the officials.what they cannot try in their east.

I agree he must've assaulted the officials which is very bad on its own but I also think we mustn't being tribe into everything.

Individuals should be held accountable for their misbehaviour and not their region or tribe.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by ajericho(m): 8:27am On Sep 16, 2022
Agboola321:
Traffic offence is a crime but I feel the rule is quite harsh if he had to spend 3 years in prison. That's a whole lot.

I think he's mistaken,he was arrested last year,how come he spent three years in prison?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 8:28am On Sep 16, 2022
Offpoint1:

Auctioning won't stop it either, the problem lies with the government for improper Urban planning and terrible roads.

All of them took one-way to beat traffic.
Make traffic no dey ordinary round about dem still no go pass normal route... Was in a bus three times last week it happened... Nigerians love breaking rules ... N cry if consequences start
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 8:29am On Sep 16, 2022
SimplyAJ:

Yes he made a mistake by driving against traffic. But don't you think the punishment meted out was too much? At least 6 months would have been better not 3 years

Whereas Dem very useless polithiefians flout traffic rules and regulations with their police and convoy without any repercussions
Na only him get car there... If he don kill person will he even remember any car
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Johnrake69: 8:30am On Sep 16, 2022
anonymous1759:

If we continue like this Nigeria will never grow .
So because the Leaders are misbehaving we should follow suit ?
You just mention the commercial side of breaking traffic rules what about the danger part? The traffic you just made mention of that’s making drivers break laws are caused by them . Illegal parking, over taking , breaking speed limit can cause accident . Throwing dirts on the floor and drainage can cause flooding and cholera.

Did you just downplay the role of the elites in the crisis we're faced in Nigeria?

Who embazzle money for road construction? Who loots money for hospitals? Who loots money for schools? Who loots money for worker's pension?

How many people have died from such compared to people dying everyday because of bad roads, inadequate health care facilities etc?

The point is that the system has been designed against the poor from the beginning.

Go to Nigerian prison more than 60% have no reason being there in the first place. They're there because they don't have anyone to look into their case and the Nigerian system doesn't give a damn.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Major7: 8:30am On Sep 16, 2022
Esiem:
Please guys if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. Thank you and God bless you
Account num:
41 GTBank Iyom Ubi Angel

Stop begging every day and get a job. It's unfair
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 8:30am On Sep 16, 2022
detectivejones:
Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria. The western world you visit and shine '32' at their development and how rules are obeyed this is what they do or even more.
Everything no be government ... Are we really easy to govern ....
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by yorubarere: 8:30am On Sep 16, 2022
Agboola321:

How can one serve 3yrs jail time between 2021 and 2022? How possible?

That guy is appealing to pity and making the govt look bad for his own wrongdoings
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by wolebest: 8:31am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

You think you and your brothers and sisters will leave your villages and come to Lagos and drive against traffic and put other road users in danger.

No way!!!

Lagos will not tolerate your lawlessness!

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Allisgud: 8:31am On Sep 16, 2022
If only this rules can also apply to elites,foreigners,let looters in govt face the law like this,if not we never start

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 8:31am On Sep 16, 2022
lolu2019:
if u know how many lives have been lost driving against traffic,u won't be saying this shit.people gets emotionally attached when government is doing their job.
Nigeria no fit good Aje if the right man get the job.. Na wicked we go dey shout up n down
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by bayori: 8:32am On Sep 16, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1428577/igbo-widow-son-tears-beg-lagos-government-auction-vehicle-photos-video/

You cant see rubbish like this in a sane country, Nigerians yet to realize the power belongs to the people. anyways sebi this same people will vote APC again smh!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Thousands Of Vehicles Stuck In Traffic In China (Photos) / Plane Crash Lands On California Highway And Hits A Truck Full Of People(video) / Calabar Electric Light Rail Ready For Inauguration (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.