Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,699 members, 7,816,857 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour (50857 Views)

Behold The Man Who Led Pastor W.F. Kumuyi To Christ / Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, / Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Dynmyt: 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Actually, deeper lifers are known to stone with their eyes, and mouths even, those who do not conform to their church doctrines... undecided
Had a friend like that...it's a long story
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Preacherrr(m): 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2022
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by seunmsg(m): 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2022
Janosky:

https://www.nairaland.com/olaadegbu

Kumuyi sheeple , come over and report for duty.
grin grin

Peace is never an option on this forum grin grin grin
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by NoToPile: 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
When a church's doctrinal image of a woman who is modestly dressed indicates her wearing a head cover, and she is expected to dress modestly every time, what do you think that means? undecided

The ushers are simply enforcing what has always been church doctrine. Make we stop to dey produce these lies abeg! undecided

So you are saying deeper life has said in the past that members are to tie scarf always? Like every time, I am not even talking about going to church here. I have members as friends and they are not on hairscarf everytime.

Yes it is biblical to cover your hair in church, nothing wrong if the ushers try to enforce. If they say it should not be enforced on new members we'll that's the directive they received from their pastor.

But It is biblical to cover your hair to church, except you have another opinion on that.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by damocool(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2022
tishbite42:

If u are a true Deeper Lifer, u will realize that Kumuyi has been changing. Except, of course, you don't want to be truthful to yourself.
Changing from what to what exactly? This gospel must be preached in any fashion. Deeper lifers get the message and with tap into the vision. People must hear this word and get converted, and anything to achieve that is welcome. Well, we have people who still don't get this vision God has given to the church, while you hear them saying all sort of things.. This message is well over a year, and I think you guys should go to deeper churches to comfirm the context he's speaking from. Let them come in, with head uncovered, even in trousers and painted faces, when they hear the word, God knows how he will complete the work of salvation in them.. But first, they much hear the word.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Superboss: 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
This Kumuyi self.
The other time it was ban and unban on TV in the house.
Today it is head over.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by danigbo(m): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2022
Where is the video please.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Kobojunkiee: 7:58pm On Sep 18, 2022
NoToPile:
So you are saying deeper life has said in the past that members are to tie scarf always? Like every time, I am not even talking about going to church here. I have members as friends and they are not on hairscarf everytime.
Yes it is biblical to cover your hair in church, nothing wrong if the ushers try to enforce. If they say it should not be enforced on new members we'll that's the directive they received from their pastor.
But It is biblical to cover your hair to church, except you have another opinion on that.
Paul opinion expressed in 1 Corinthians 11 vs 13 - 16 is just that, man's doctrine, a lie, since it contradicts Jesus Christ who instead said that those who are His followers are EQUALS - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10, meaning there is no such thing as a husband being head of his wife or vice versa. The only Head, and authority, in the Kingdom of God, is Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. undecided

Now, by instituting even more laws on top of this which is already conflicting doctrine, to begin with, this man succeeded in further shackling his followers by causing them to believe that modest dressing, another idea of men, includes coverage of the head for women. So, what do you think? Can you not see how this problem is of church doctrine and not of God, to begin with? undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by realray(m): 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
porka:
Pastor Kumuyi has been trying lately to unfetter the members of his church from unnecessary dogma and traditions of men, which had made his congregation shrink and unappealing to the younger generation and therefore not having any future sustainability.

He is trying to untie them from dangerous beliefs that they had previously assumed are the manifestations of holiness, but which are mere human standards.

But in doing this, baba has sometimes got more people confused than before. In this case of women covering their head in the church, it is clearly written in the scripture he quoted (1 Corinthians 11:5). So one wonders what exactly is the trouble if an usher demands that a woman should cover her head at the entrance of the church.

Maybe prophecy is not general, giving that prophecy is a gift for a select few, which makes it exclusive, but can anyone enter the church and not pray? The rest of the verses in the chapter explained the whole issue clearly (from 1 Corinthians 11:6).

Pastor Kumuyi should be careful in throwing his church into confusion. The younger generation that he is trying to attract are even the ones that need biblical guidance from their entitlement tendencies. They should not be indulged to create their own rules.

Baba should know that it is not everyone that will be comfortable coming to the church. There is nothing wrong in women covering their head in the church. Christianity is accepted by faith.

God Bless you for this honestly this is a wonderful contribution thanks ....
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by iiifedimma(f): 8:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
Xagacem:
I think there is a Truth in what you saying I wonder why he is always first to call mods on any other post soliciting for help but turn blind eye to the well known fraudster Anthony okeke post
may God bless you sir, the guy think he's wise a lot of people here know this but he always debunk it, but he can't do that again because he has already exposed himself without even knowing that, I just want him to continue scamming people here on Nairaland, he will soon regret all his actions
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Spandau: 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2022
seunmsg:

Peace is never an option on this forum grin grin grin

Thank God you know. No peace for the wicked like Kadoso Mutairu. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by ufotunang: 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2022
Pastor kumuyi is now changing to a new different chiurch lifestyle..the Pentecostal church lifestyle
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by elonize(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
Ayobeck:

Heyhey I guess u b Muslim
oga ,d video na 1yr old.we r talking abt dis 1 e said recently
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by NoToPile: 8:35pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Paul opinion expressed in 1 Corinthians 11 vs 13 - 16 is just that, man's doctrine, a lie, since it contradicts Jesus Christ who instead said that those who are His followers are EQUALS - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10, meaning there is no such thing as a husband being head of his wife or vice versa. The only Head, and authority, in the Kingdom of God, is Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. undecided

Now, by instituting even more laws on top of this which is already conflicting doctrine, to begin with, this man succeeded in further shackling his followers by causing them to believe that modest dressing, another idea of men, includes coverage of the head for women. So, what do you think? Can you not see how this problem is of church doctrine and not of God, to begin with? undecided

Your opinion is duly noted.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by fof1: 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2022
Righthussle:
Yesterday: Every woman must cover her head very well before entering the house of God.

Today: Story don change

Yesterday: Television belongs to the devil,don't watch it.

Today: Television is good for the Gospel.
Confused scammers.
You steal from the poor to build schools that their children and grand children can not attend.
Pulpit bandit. Old liar. You made my grandmother give you 10 percent of her farm produce for nearly 20 years only for you to use the money to build expensive secondary schools and universities and buy exotic cars.

STOP GIVING THESE THIEVES YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. WHOEVER MADE THIS UNIVERSE CANNOT AND WILL NEVER NEED MONEY FOR ANY!!!! THING. WHAT EXACTLY WILL HE DO WITH YOUR MONEY? MAYBE HE WILL USE YOUR MONEY TO BUY OIL FOR THE GENERATOR THAT POWERS THE SUN. OR HE WILL USE YOUR MONEY TO BUY MORE OXYGEN FOR US TO BREATH. GOD DOES NOT NEED YOUR MONEY FOR ANYTHING OO!!!. NA THESE THIEVES NEED YOUR MONEY FOR ENJOYMENT. STOP GIVING THESE THIEVES YOUR MONEY.

If you call God "All-sufficient God" and you believe he needs anybody to do anything for Him or he needs your money for anything whatsoever, then you need to check your brain cells whether they are still alive .

Pls who has time for idle Children on d INTERNET? People who do not know their Left from their Right Sef. Pls Shift one side

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Prisco4luv(m): 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2022
Nice
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by zionstaar75: 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
Righthussle:

And you think it is the money that has made your life better ?
I will continue till I leave this world.true children care what their father's house looks like and am a child of God.if u don't get it forgerrit. I will no longer respond to this thread
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by viodemus: 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
At least this religion adjusts to time, sometimes late. But I know of dinosaur religion that refuse to adjust.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Karlosorji(m): 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2022
Blackfire:
angry

Deeper life

That one na church ?
church wey your family de go find miracle that year na im you de insult?
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Kobojunkiee: 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2022
zionstaar75:
I will continue till I leave this world.true children care what their father's house looks like and am a child of God.if u don't get it forgerrit. I will no longer respond to this thread
Jesus Christ talk say no be by mouth person dey take claim Child of God status.. He said it is by Living one's life in continuous trust and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Truth, than one is set free from slavery to sin by God's Truth - John 8 vs 31 - 35. undecided

So if your life is instead focused on following the doctrines and traditions of your pastors and their churches, you can never be children of God. And running back into the cocoon that is the same doctrines and traditions of your mogs will not change anything of what the Truth of God said. undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by bukatyne(f): 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
That smell is what I don't like about the head wrapping. So I stylishly tie my turban in a way it's open at the back and a bit in the front.

It's like this his new wife is really opening babas eyes o. Lol....
E remain that their kpof hand blouse wey him go talk about.

If you cover your hair only for service, why would it smell? undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by bukatyne(f): 9:48pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hmmmmmm.

Brethren, read your Bibles for yourselves, understand and follow it.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by manchyme: 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2022
SirJerrie:

The media and their twists...

Here's video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YxI6Vv8wcg

Any difference?
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Harbeytech: 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2022
Blackfire:
angry
Deeper life
That one na church ?
Noooo, house of God..... Rubbish man
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2022
bukatyne:

If you cover your hair only for service, why would it smell? undecided

The heat alone in Naija is too much and can make ones hair smell especially those with virgin hair except for now that the weather has been a bit cold for some time.

People with virgin hair who don't use nice scenting products in their hair can have very strong odor when they cover it under the Nigerian heat especially in churches like that with pan roofings and no AC. By the time they do it with rigorous prayer sessions sweating in the process, you go run.

The old man knows what he's saying.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Streetmovement(m): 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2022
tishbite42:

Brotherly
At a time, my Dad told me, wearing suits was worldliness.

Wotoporiously cool speaking

Hahaha suits? I thought it was dressing in a way that makes you look rugged or street.

Lol this doctrines ehn they keep fuckin with their minds.

Thank God times have changed
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by clems88(m): 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
Waiting for when they will start beating drum sets. cheesy
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Blesstar(f): 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
Righteousness2:
The day you misinterpret dressing shabbily as covering up yourself properly , or not dressing shabbily as dressing Seductively or dressing naked, just know that the devil has sealed and signed you for Destruction and Hell.

Be properly dressed. Be neat. Cover up yourself properly.

As a woman don't put on men clothing.
As a man don't put on women's clothings.
Doing such is abomination. That is the word of God.
Please what are some examples of men's clothing?
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Gospel2Day: 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2022
Righthussle:
Yesterday: Every woman must cover her head very well before entering the house of God.

Today: Story don change

Yesterday: Television belongs to the devil,don't watch it.

Today: Television is good for the Gospel.

Confused scammers.

You steal from the poor to build schools that their children and grand children can not attend.

Pulpit bandit. Old liar. You made my grandmother give you 10 percent of her farm produce for nearly 20 years only for you to use the money to build expensive secondary schools and universities and buy exotic cars.

STOP GIVING THESE THIEVES YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. WHOEVER MADE THIS UNIVERSE CANNOT AND WILL NEVER NEED MONEY FOR ANY!!!! THING. WHAT EXACTLY WILL HE DO WITH YOUR MONEY? MAYBE HE WILL USE YOUR MONEY TO BUY OIL FOR THE GENERATOR THAT POWERS THE SUN. OR HE WILL USE YOUR MONEY TO BUY MORE OXYGEN FOR US TO BREATH. GOD DOES NOT NEED YOUR MONEY FOR ANYTHING OO!!!. NA THESE THIEVES NEED YOUR MONEY FOR ENJOYMENT. STOP GIVING THESE THIEVES YOUR MONEY.

If you call God "All-sufficient God" and you believe he needs anybody to do anything for Him or he needs your money for anything whatsoever, then you need to check your brain cells whether they are still alive .

Your sacrilegious comment exudes terrible arrogance and silly ignorance.
God, though All-Sufficient, commanded the Jews to bring all tithes and offerings into His Temple, so that there would be enough food for the priests and Levites.
Do you know the amount churches like Deeper Life spend in a year on Gospel and Crusade Outreaches?
Do you know how much they secretly give out as charities without putting it on screen or social media?
The schools they built which you criticized in your irrational way of seeing things, do you know the number of people those schools employ?
Do you know the multiplier effect it produces in the number of Nigerians who are dependents of the staffers who have their daily needs met?
You're pitiably ignorant. Your hatred for Jesus Christ and His church has deadened your reasoning and makes you sound both senile and insensible in your outburst.
Do you tell drinkers, smokers, gamblers and womanizers what to do with their money?
The demons possessing you won't let you care about those social misfits.
The only people you feel you can lecture on to whom they give and where they spend their money are those funding the spread of the gospel of Jesus and contributing to both charities and Christian institutions that create jobs for Nigerians.
You need deliverance.
May God forgive your sacrilegious and blasphemous impudence and insolence towards His church.
Repent.
Shalom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Narrates How She Was Mistaken For Mammy Water In Church Because She's Fair / Saraki's CCT: Guru Maharaj Ji Sends Powerful Message To The NASS / Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.