Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,227 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour (50873 Views)

Behold The Man Who Led Pastor W.F. Kumuyi To Christ / Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, / Kumuyi To Return Tithes, Offerings Of Sinful Deeper Life Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by ogascomax: 6:08pm On Sep 18, 2022
Righteousness2:
The day you misinterpret dressing shabbily as covering up yourself properly , or not dressing shabbily as dressing Seductively or dressing naked, just know that the devil has sealed and signed you for Destruction and Hell.

Be properly dressed. Be neat. Cover up yourself properly.

As a woman don't put on men clothing.
As a man don't put on women's clothings.
Doing such is abomination. That is the word of God.

I thought you know to some certain degree so you still carry that quack doctrine of a man shall not and a woman shall not as an abomination. Those doctrine were given to people under the law. Are you still living under the law. Study Gal 3. The Bible says that the law was not made for a righteousness man. Who is a righteous man? When you study Deuteronomy from that verse that you quoted that scripture you will see other things that God called sin and gave punishment if you do. Some was death sentence. These things are been done today; because we are living in grace. We are saved by grace and not by our work but by grace. Moreso you don't even understand the scripture about wearing man's or woman clothing. What the scripture meant was that my wife should not wear my cloth nor my sister and vise versa. Further more at that time the common cloths were gown and both men and women wears gown. Today man and woman dey tie raper, wear polo, pants, etc. Women has their way of making their trousers as well as men. So my friend if you want more education on this matter contact me so that I can open the word of God for you.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Lightorder: 6:08pm On Sep 18, 2022
Righthussle:
Yesterday: Every woman must cover her head very well before entering the house of God.

Today: Story don change

Yesterday: Television belongs to the devil,don't watch it.

Today: Television is good for the Gospel.

Confused scammers.

You steal from the poor to build schools that their children and grand children can not attend.

Pulpit bandit. Old liar. You made my grandmother give you 10 percent of her farm produce for nearly 20 years only for you to use the money to build expensive secondary schools and university and buy exotic cars.

STOP GIVING THESE THIEVES YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. WHOEVER MADE THIS UNIVERSE CANNOT AND WILL NEVER NEED MONEY FOR ANY!!!! THING.

If you call God "All-sufficient God" and you believe he needs anybody to do anything for Him or he needs your money for anything whatsoever, then you need to check your brain cells whether they are still alive .
you started making sense but ended up making no sense
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Mayeldah(m): 6:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
Pst Kumuyi just realized that he's being wrong all these while and his congregation is confused at the moment

Same way they made people believe that not paying tithe is a sin. Who told you God needs a tenth of your salary before he bless you?

Work hard, give to the needy, support kingdom work in your local church and God will bless you. If you must give, give willingly and as you proposed in your heart. God loves a cheerful giver and not a fearful one.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Ayobeck(m): 6:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
SirJerrie:

I'm a member of Deeper Life

Not an avid church-goer tho...

I posted the video for people to listen to him and understand what he said... Not to just hear the twisted media version of the message

I know through his teaching many would ve sin against holy spirit,and a sin to holy spirit has no forgiveness,pple b careful with what u said n what to judge for.pls ,God ll not make us loose the kingdom of God.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Kobojunkiee: 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2022
FuckSilly:
Kumuyi is not a true Christian.

Covering of the head is in Christian doctrine.
I agree that Kumuyi is not a true follower of Jesus Christ, and neither are you since you pretend that that which was given as part of the Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan has to do with Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Kobojunkiee: 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
safesurfer:

Read the post again and modify your comment.
He was referring to women just coming to church for the first time, and without head covering.
And he never said women should cover their heads for 20 hours a day. Never ever since the inception did he ever say that.
Stop lying! If the rule is that women dress modestly all of the time and that covering of head is a part of their modesty doctrine, doesn't that essentially mean they are to cover their hair all day long? undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Creedcyph(m): 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
sonofthunder:

Source/Link?
https://www.google.com/search?q=General+Superintendent+of+Deeper+Life%0ABible+Church%2C+Pastor+Williams+Kumuyi%0Ahas+cautioned+ushers+in+his+church+to%0Astop+imposing+head+covering+rules+on%0Aladies%2C+stressing+that+persistent%0Acoverings+causes+heat+in+the+hair+and+it%0Awill+emit+odour.&client=ms-android-samsung-gs-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Freshgrace4life(f): 6:16pm On Sep 18, 2022
Members go wail this time around , he invited gospel musicians same members saw it has a sin , now this one . Thank God say man no be God.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Kobojunkiee: 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
luluosas:
Who asked them to cover their hair 24 hours of the day? Enter church covered and while leaving the church, remove the covering, that's all
Really? When the women are given rules to dress "modestly" all of the times and their idea of modesty includes covering of hair, are you seriously saying you don't see how they were instructed by their pastors to do this 24 hours of the day? undecided

Deeper-life women are known for having alopecia, and receding hairlines as a result of all that 24/7 covering. undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by ogascomax: 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2022
porka:
Pastor Kumuyi has been trying lately to unfetter the members of his church from unnecessary dogma and traditions of men, which had made his congregation shrink and unappealing to the younger generation and therefore not having any future sustainability.

He is trying to untie them from dangerous beliefs that they had previously assumed are the manifestations of holiness, but which are mere human standards.

But in doing this, baba has sometimes got more people confused than before. In this case of women covering their head in the church, it is clearly written in the scripture he quoted (1 Corinthians 11:5). So one wonders what exactly is the trouble if an usher demands that a woman should cover her head at the entrance of the church.

Maybe prophecy is not general, giving that prophecy is a gift for a select few, which makes it exclusive, but can anyone enter the church and not pray? The rest of the verses in the chapter explained the whole issue clearly (from 1 Corinthians 11:6).

Pastor Kumuyi should be careful in throwing his church into confusion. The younger generation that he is trying to attract are even the ones that need biblical guidance from their entitlement tendencies. They should not be indulged to create their own rules.

Baba should know that it is not everyone that will be comfortable coming to the church. There is nothing wrong in women covering their head in the church. Christianity is accepted by faith.

1 Corinthians 11:13-16
[13]Judge for yourselves. Is it right for a woman to pray to God in public without covering her head?
[14]Isn’t it obvious that it’s disgraceful for a man to have long hair?
[15]And isn’t long hair a woman’s pride and joy? For it has been given to her as a covering.
[16]But if anyone wants to argue about this, I simply say that we have no other custom than this, and neither do God’s other churches.

The woman's hair is the covering of the hair. It's not about wearing something as to cover the hair. Read verse 15 and see for yourself. At the end whether you cover or you don't it is not a big deal.
Besides that wearing covering has to do with Jewish customs as at then. They and the Arab nation has this similar tradition of covering so they were dealing with culture and tradition there. So do what you think that is good for you.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Kobojunkiee: 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2022
safesurfer:

"do not watch television" - he never said that at any time but it's a long story. One that either exposes the ignorance or malice of his haters at that time (the 1980's)

For instance, have you ever wondered why something like "television has done more harm than good to Nigerian srudents" debates always feature in secondary schools and even SSCE questions in the past (pre 2003) but rarely ever does these days?

Modified: and even as a deeper life member, I don't believe that wearing trouser, as a woman, is a sin. BUT church rules are church rules.
Stop lying... He considered TV the devil's box, and urged women to pretty much cover up from head to toe as sign of honor to their husbands and all the other nonsense he taught... Stop lying! undecided

My own mother came home one time to try to push her pastor's TV is evil nonsense... thank God my father was not having that bullsheet at the time. As for the strict dress-code. We all bailed as soon as that started.. found ourselves another church social club to hang out on sundays at. undecided

Your church rules are antiChrist rules same as those proclaimed by the Pharisees in place of the Truth of God. They are an abomination that drive you all away from actually following the Truth of God in all things - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by KelvinC1(m): 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2022
Righthussle:
Yesterday: Every woman must cover her head very well before entering the house of God.

Confused scammers.

You steal from the poor to build schools that their children and grand children can not attend.

Pulpit bandit. Old liar. You made my grandmother give you 10 percent of her farm produce for nearly 20 years only for you to use the money to build expensive secondary schools and university and buy exotic cars.

STOP GIVING THESE THIEVES YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. WHOEVER MADE THIS UNIVERSE CANNOT AND WILL NEVER NEED MONEY FOR ANY!!!! THING.

If you call God "All-sufficient God" and you believe he needs anybody to do anything for Him or he needs your money for anything whatsoever, then you need to check your brain cells whether they are still alive .

��
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Kobojunkiee: 6:23pm On Sep 18, 2022
safesurfer:

Kumuyi never said watching TV is a sin.
Yes he did. He called it the devils box back in the 80s. I remember when the doctrine against TVs came down and all parents began scrambling to lock up their TVs, some going as far as to get rid of them. undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Ogboo001: 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2022
I AM A MINISTER IN DEEPER LIFE AND THANK GOD THE VIDEO OF THE MESSAGE HAS BEEN DROPPED HERE. I WAS IN THAT SERVICE.
FOR ALL OF YOU HERE OPENING YOUR DEVICE AND DROPPING WHAT YOUR TROUBLED MIND ALREADY CONCEIVED AS A SMEAR ON THE MINISTER'S PERSONALITY AND WHAT HE STOOD FOR, ALL THESE YEARS, HOPE YOU CAN NOW REST?
TO THE VANGUARD WRITER, I VERY MUCH HOPE THAT, ONE DAY HE WILL STRUGGLE TO DEFEND HIM OR HERSELF AFTER BEING WELL MISREPRESENTED. MAY WE NEVER BE DECEIVED BY THOSE WHO LABOUR TO PULL US OUT OF THE GOOD PATH, WHILE THEY THEMSELVES HAVE NO BUSINESS IN THAT WAY.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by pcagbaji(m): 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2022
porka:
Pastor Kumuyi has been trying lately to unfetter the members of his church from unnecessary dogma and traditions of men, which had made his congregation shrink and unappealing to the younger generation and therefore not having any future sustainability.

He is trying to untie them from dangerous beliefs that they had previously assumed are the manifestations of holiness, but which are mere human standards.

But in doing this, baba has sometimes got more people confused than before. In this case of women covering their head in the church, it is clearly written in the scripture he quoted (1 Corinthians 11:5). So one wonders what exactly is the trouble if an usher demands that a woman should cover her head at the entrance of the church.

Maybe prophecy is not general, giving that prophecy is a gift for a select few, which makes it exclusive, but can anyone enter the church and not pray? The rest of the verses in the chapter explained the whole issue clearly (from 1 Corinthians 11:6).

Pastor Kumuyi should be careful in throwing his church into confusion. The younger generation that he is trying to attract are even the ones that need biblical guidance from their entitlement tendencies. They should not be indulged to create their own rules.

Baba should know that it is not everyone that will be comfortable coming to the church. There is nothing wrong in women covering their head in the church. Christianity is accepted by faith.
it you do attends church there is a particular time for prayer
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by NoToPile: 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2022
I don't get what the hullabo on this thread is about, did he say sisters should stop covering their head to church?

It is scriptural to cover your hair when praying, also when going to church.

If anybody decides to tie scarf 24 hours a day, that's their own personal issue not necessarily a church doctrine, there's nothing even wrong with it biblically.
There are women who don't open their hair outside they are not Muslims neither are they deeper life members.

And if you decide not to cover your hair when praying or going to church that's your own palava.

Sensational heading as usual.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Ezmans: 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2022
Blackfire:
angry

Deeper life

That one na church ?
kumuyi have wake up from slumber,but I don't believe this can come from kumuyi
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Bimpe29: 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2022
Double standard
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by donbenie(m): 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2022
RenaissanceGuy:
Change is the only constant thing in life, they say. It's only God's Word that will never change ; our perception and interpretation of it may do.
Lol..
God's word.. sad

Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by SugarGirl44(f): 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2022
iamwilliamsfx:

Kumuyi noted that because of persistent covering there will be “heat in the hair and it will emit odour,”

Women who practice such according to him, “put themselves in bondage because they never read the word.”

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/kumuyi-to-ushers-stop-imposing-persistent-head-covering-on-ladies-it-causes-odour/

If common scarf causes odor, what of our ijab sisters who are low budget Arabs?
Who is in more bondage?
You have to be a zombie to be a religious person.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by leosahm(m): 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2022
Righteousness2:
The day you misinterpret dressing shabbily as covering up yourself properly , or not dressing shabbily as dressing Seductively or dressing naked, just know that the devil has sealed and signed you for Destruction and Hell.

who told u that trouser belongs only to men?
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by sonofElElyon: 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2022
iamwilliamsfx:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/kumuyi-to-ushers-stop-imposing-persistent-head-covering-on-ladies-it-causes-odour/

You have created a misleading headline for the story.. or the medium you copied it from..
The idea is not that head covering isn't necessary for women in church but if a newcomer hasn't yet been taught that doctrine then don't discourage her by insisting on her first visit...

Yes.. when a lady isn't in church she doesn't have to keep wearing the head covering... generally speaking It's only when in the presence of God... That's why he said persistent covering causes odour... Which is true..
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by mastermaestro(m): 6:31pm On Sep 18, 2022
ERockson:
So some churches that never believed deeper Life doctrine were somehow right then. It's not too late but pastor kumuyi had made his members phrisee long enough that his members will be praying for his unbelief

You are so correct bro. grin I bet you, some conservatives amongst his members will be praying for GOD to call him home before he 'corrupts' their 'pure' sacred doctrines. grin
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Kobojunkiee: 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2022
NoToPile:
If anybody decides to tie scarf 24 hours a day, that's their own personal issue not necessarily a church doctrine, there's nothing even wring with it. There are women who don't open their hair outside they are not Muslims neither are they deeper life members. And if you decide not to cover your hair when praying or going to church that's your won palava.
Sensational heading as usual.
When a church's doctrinal image of a woman who is modestly dressed indicates her wearing a head cover, and she is expected to dress modestly every time, what do you think that means? undecided

The ushers are simply enforcing what has always been church doctrine. Make we stop to dey produce these lies abeg! undecided
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Streetmovement(m): 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
tishbite42:

Jokes aside, this man destroyed many people's lives with his outlandish doctrines, my parents inclusive.
Now, he's enjoying himself to the fullest and saying rubbish
May God help him
If I'm not mistaking, he spent almost 3 weeks in Aso Rock sometime ago

Wotoporiously cool speaking

We almost moved to the village o my brother

But God know as he dey do him thing

Now I for be village boy grin God forbid

On a serious note, I rather follow the bible and relate with God's message rather than rely on all this preachers, their do's and don't pass God own sef.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by tete7000(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2022
Too sad, too late. No matter for how many years lie has gone, truth will definitely catch up with it someday. We only need to put on the shoe of a long distant runner waiting for that day.
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by mastermaestro(m): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2022
Barrywilly:
Many hardliners in deeper life will be shocked by this revelation and may have entered into prayers for God to redeem Pastor Kumuyi from this backsliding

Only a few kind hardliners will ask for his redemption, but I trust the majority to ask for his transition to glory before he 'destroys' everything. grin
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by emmaodet: 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
Righthussle:

Confused scammers.

Pulpit bandit. Old liar. You made my grandmother give you 10 percent of her farm produce for nearly 20 years only for you to use the money to build expensive secondary schools and universities and buy exotic cars.

STOP GIVING THESE THIEVES YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. WHOEVER MADE THIS UNIVERSE CANNOT AND WILL NEVER NEED MONEY FOR ANY!!!! THING. WHAT EXACTLY WILL HE DO WITH YOUR MONEY? MAYBE HE WILL USE YOUR MONEY TO BUY OIL FOR THE GENERATOR THAT POWERS THE SUN. OR HE WILL USE YOUR MONEY TO BUY MORE OXYGEN FOR US TO BREATH. GOD DOES NOT NEED YOUR MONEY FOR ANYTHING OO!!!. STOP GIVING THESE THIEVES YOUR MONEY.

Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by faithfull18(f): 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
He didn't say the hair shouldn't be covered in church or when praying or prophesying, he was talking about those who cover 24/7 , Nigerians and quoting out of context be like 5&6.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by Ezmans: 6:47pm On Sep 18, 2022
Righteousness2:

there is no difference between deeper life & Lords choosen bcs they are also scamming there members with lemon green aprons which they buy for thousands of naira but can't use they money build a befitting place of worship the there members, some of there places of worships are like shrine
Re: Kumuyi To Ushers: Stop Imposing Persistent Head Covering On Ladies, Causes Odour by damosky12(m): 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2022
Blackfire:
angry

Deeper life

That one na church ?

Weldone. Church inspector.

No one who serves God would speak in this manner...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures / Pastor Adeboye Vouches For Oritsejafor / Prophet Onyeze Jesus: 'I Will Raise Dead Bodies On The 28 Of January'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.