Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu (4415 Views)

Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN / Insecurity: Why Northern Elders Are Angry With Buhari – Femi Adesina / El-Rufai: 'Christians Won’t Vote For Me, Even If Pope Is My Running Mate' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by nameo: 11:44am On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

Let me ask you two questions
1: can Obi win as things stands rn?
2: Jonathan was president when my home town was scorched Anyii by the herdsmen
I remember when I came for holiday in Gboko finding our cousins at home, running away from herdsmen there, so my question now is, how would Obi do differently from what GEJ did

Yes, Obi has a path to winning the Presidency next year.

There is a reason virtually everyone or party that have dismissed him even some weeks ago, now see the election as a 3 horse race.

5 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by EndsarsReloaded: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2022
Obojuju:
God forbid that Tinubu and Shettima triumph at the 2023 presidential election and proceed to complete two terms. Power will thereafter be liable to rotate to Northern Nigeria, which will probably produce a Muslim. At the end of two terms of that person, following the two terms of Tinubu-Shettima and counting back to the two terms of Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria’s presidency would have been occupied by a Muslim for pretty much a quarter of a century or for 27 out of 32 years going back to the administration of Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. Children born at the beginning of this period may end up with the impression that Nigeria is indeed an Emirate in which only Muslims are entitled to aspire to the highest office.
Unfortunately, Christians don’t get the message being passed by this action.
If it succeeds, in the next 8 years, political parties will only field Muslim candidates. They will tell you that if they present a Christian candidate, that they won’t win. That the North will not vote him, and they need northern votes to win. They will automatically sideline Christians in the politics of Nigeria. Then gradually, our laws begin to change towards a Muslim nation. The Hijab ruling is a clear example. Christians better stand your ground in this election or be eliminated. Once they vex, they attack churches and kill worshipers and its normal. They stone Christians in the name of blasphemy and its normal.

They negotiate with terrorists to release only Muslim girls and keep the Christian. Don’t use because of ethnicity and destroy your faith ethnicity is only in the world, you believe is beyond this world. Those attacked in Owo church, were not attacked because they are Yoruba, they were attacked because they are Christians. Those attacked in southern Kaduna are not attacked because they are Hausa’s, but because they are Christians.

Copied!

3 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by nameo: 11:46am On Sep 19, 2022
nameo:

Bros, if the reverse was the case: you have a Christain-christain ticket and the possibility of Christains been President for at least 24 years straight, would you as a northern Muslim ever accept it regardless of any of the reasons given by a political party (ala, we want votes to win)?

I need only HONEST answers plzz

@ Nyamari, i await your response on this plzz

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by shakdav(m): 11:46am On Sep 19, 2022
Cyynthia:

If Nasawrawa is a Christian state why have they been producing muslim governors ?
Nassarawa state is not a Muslim state because the christian have a dividen house, and it says that any house that is dividen then to not progress, they will not have unit to win a course of their struggle, by the way they use the techinc of divide and rule, christians can become governor in Nassarawa state my dear state that I adore somuch, christian are majority in Nassarawa state my dear brother bring your fact and will give you fact bit by bit
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 11:46am On Sep 19, 2022
Show me an election buhari win in Benue, plateau since 1999

If APC/Buhari had won Benue, plateau and Abuja, we won't be needing SW votes.. the issue is not winning NC convincingly, that's why 1 other region is needed in the south.. take it or leave it, I'm a northerner.. northern Christians have never voted along with us both presidential and gubernatorial
nameo:

Actually, the President that the Middle Belt and North Central voted for(a majority) has always won the Presidential elections since 1999. They have always determined the winner of the elections. For instance, it was when the NC/MB voted for Buhari, along with a majority of the SW, that Buhari won. Buhari had been a perpetual loser until then even with the vast majority of NE and NW votes since 2003.

In 2023, due to the peculiar nature
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 11:47am On Sep 19, 2022
Tk4all:

Jeez! so you are even a tiv man. angom listen

me and you know the events that leads to that unfortunate even at anyiin that time, so lets not open that case now.

i'm not supporting obi because he is going to win the elections. i'm supporting him for prosperity sake, i.e i will not be a part of anything that will kill my people.

lastly, we have been having security issues for long even before the apc came in power but you will also agree that the situation is worse now

Now you are made a pure point
If you read some of my comments here, I said if we Christians are serious, we should cast all our votes to a single candidate and our leaders are yet to give us direction
I have always been a rebel to our leaders but this time, who ever they asked us to vote for, that’s who I will vote for, minus Tinubu of course

Who would that be, Atiku or Obi

4 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 11:47am On Sep 19, 2022
As In?
Bizibi:
well as for me I am only interested in making money from them,I already know the direction those in aso Villa has taken.
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 11:49am On Sep 19, 2022
Doma, umaisha, kokona, wamba
Kyase:

Apart from Lafia, Awe and keffi
Where can you find Muslims
Mind you, we have a lot of Christians in those areas
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 11:52am On Sep 19, 2022
nameo:

Yes, Obi has a path to winning the Presidency next year.

There is a reason virtually everyone or party that have dismissed him even some weeks ago, now see the election as a 3 horse race.
For obi to win, needs to target the northern Christians votes, he needs to lobby them all, but currently he’s doing something else, he should contact Babachir and Dogara ASAP before Atiku win them over, that will guarantee him 25% he needs in those Northern states, that’s if he can win the Christians votes in the south, we are ready to give bulk votes this time

Obi also needs to give shishi if he wants to win
That rubbish talk about no shishi is bullocks

Even the US buy votes systematically

4 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 11:53am On Sep 19, 2022
I don't have prove, but I heard it from a very reliable source

However, PO is not competent in terms of what he has achieved as governor, nothing special about his tenure, unlike Tinubu on what he has achieved in Lagos state
nameo:

No northerner was asked to get an ID card when Obi was Governor. I repeat, that did not happen. This was just a propaganda to play the religious card against Obi in the Upper North. It did not happen. Obi himsself and the northern Muslim Commisioner of Police has confirmed this and challenged anybody with contrary evidence to present it. And i want to challangne you to prevent any such evidence if you have it here. Dont forget that i said i wanted to engage you in a decent conversation.

How does confining El Rufai to a hotel during an election tribal or religious bais!!! Like i dont just get it. El Rufai was restricted by the Police as a political interest just as other Govs and politician from different parties and regions of Nigeria in that election. How is it anti-religious? Is El rufai a Prophet of God? Plzz enlighten me.

As for the killings of northerners in Anambra. I dont have info on that. But northerners have unfortunately been killed in the south(including Anambra) just as southerners have been killed in the north. It is very unfortunate situation that we Nigerians are well aware of. But i dont see how that makes the state Govs tribal or religious bigots
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 11:53am On Sep 19, 2022
Nyamuri:
Doma, umaisha, kokona, wamba
by conquest?
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by shakdav(m): 11:55am On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:
Over the years, the Northern Christians are seen as second-class citizens by our northern brothers the Muslims they suppressed our population And inflated their population which they use as a tool to shortchange us politically. The highest position a Christian is allowed to hold in the north is the collective North is chairmanship position of Arewa consultative forum, which is nothing.

Voting Tinubu will mean one thing; we’ve finally accepted the position they placed us, and it will finally relegate us to second fiddle and we know what that means. Even by having Christian VPs and presidents they still pressed our necks day and night, what would now be our fate if both the president and the Vp are Muslim?

I rather vote for Peter obi whom I despise so much than vote for Tinubu whom I like so much

I urge you brethren in the north campaigning for Tinubu to rethink our future is more important than what we’ll gain now

In 2023 Tinubu and most Nigerians will learn a thing about the Christians

PS: if you know me then you Will know that I'm not a bigot

Fergie001
Gardfield1

Mr Kyase thanks for the write up, North is knw for persecution of christian by all means once they get their hands on anything, by the way I quote the Apc vp candidate saying " they will run and inclusive government' but they forgot that the government has chose to place some people as second class citizens on it own, the issue if I must say is not about the northern christian is about christianity general in nigeria be you south, west, east, north, let joins hands together to fight this dirty and insane act, it is a test to knw whether it will work or not, KADUNA tested it and it works, and still in play, but by the grace of God it will resist in 2023 in that same KADUNA, in Nigeria it will not work, I have been a fan of Tinubu movement that Ticket of same Religion show that Tinubu himself does not that fact that north don't believe in other people rather than themselves, the point is that he made the wrong choice and that will lead he to Defeat by God grace we cannot accommodat another Turkish in nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by nameo: 11:57am On Sep 19, 2022
Nyamuri:
Show me an election buhari win in Benue, plateau since 1999

If APC/Buhari had won Benue, plateau and Abuja, we won't be needing SW votes.. the issue is not winning NC convincingly, that's why 1 other region is needed in the south.. take it or leave it, I'm a northerner.. northern Christians have never voted along with us both presidential and gubernatorial

Buhari won Benue in 2015. And got over 40% in Plateau, Taraba, Nasarawa, FCT and Adamawa. He also won other NC states at almost 60%(Kwara, Kogi, Niger). This was one of the main reasons he won that election. You can also add Adamawa and Gombe from the NE to it

Bros, i dont know what you are argiung really

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Tk4all(m): 11:58am On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

Now you are made a pure point
If you read some of my comments here, I said if we Christians are serious, we should cast all our votes to a single candidate and our leaders are yet to give us direction
I have always been a rebel to our leaders but this time, who ever they asked us to vote for, that’s who I will vote for, minus Tinubu of course

Who would that be, Atiku or Obi
It's really pathetic for us angom, akume is now putting things in place in favour of tinubu but i just pray he fails. this is someone that single handedly pull a large number of votes for apc in the last two elections, but what did the core north gave him? minister for special duties. they even promise him senate president but nothing came out, sgf came and they still avoid him cos he was a christian.

i use to find it difficult to know the reason why this our muslimm brothers find it hard to trust us but expect us to trust and support them

4 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 11:59am On Sep 19, 2022
Lol elaborate
Kyase:
by conquest?
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 11:59am On Sep 19, 2022
shakdav:

Mr Kyase thanks for the write up, North is knw for persecution of christian by all means once they get their hands on anything, by the way I quote the Apc vp candidate saying " they will run and inclusive government' but they forgot that the government has chose to place some people as second class citizens on it own, the issue if I must say is not about the northern christian is about christianity general in nigeria be you south, west, east, north, let joins hands together to fight this dirty and insane act, it is a test to knw whether it will work or not, KADUNA tested it and it works, and still in play, but by the grace of God it will resist in 2023 in that same KADUNA, in Nigeria it will not work, I have been a fan of Tinubu movement that Ticket of same Religion show that Tinubu himself does not that fact that north don't believe in other people rather than themselves, the point is that he made the wrong choice and that will lead he to Defeat by God grace we cannot accommodat another Turkish in nigeria
You have said it all
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2022
Tk4all:

It's really pathetic for us angom, akume is now putting things in place in favour of tinubu but i just pray he fails. this is someone that single handedly pull a large number of votes for apc in the last two elections, but what did the core north gave him? minister for special duties. they even promise him senate president but nothing came out, sgf came and they still avoid him cos he was a christian.

i use to find it difficult to know the reason why this our muslimm brothers find it hard to trust us but expect us to trust and support them

We have paid our dues with our northern brothers but when it’s their turn to return the Favour, they are telling us about competency or votes but we say no more

6 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Tk4all(m): 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2022
I just thank god that ortom of benue state state is getting small sense now.

again, the apc governor aspirant will really cause confusion cos he looks like the best man for the job, i will personally vote him.

the problem is how apc will use him to get votes at the national level cos many are supporting the priest with his party and not the candidate.

@kyase, how do you think this will affect the election?
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2022
Stop making it look like the northern Christians have generally ever voted for a Muslim candidate both presidential and gubernatorial, you can deceive the southerners but certainly not us!!

You don't trust us too that's why ur voting pattern never favoured us, ur just crying because we always have the upper hand, not that u like Us! Is Sgf boss Mustapha not a Christian? undecided
Tk4all:

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by shakdav(m): 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:
Over the years, the Northern Christians are seen as second-class citizens by our northern brothers the Muslims they suppressed our population And inflated their population which they use as a tool to shortchange us politically. The highest position a Christian is allowed to hold in the north is the collective North is chairmanship position of Arewa consultative forum, which is nothing.

Voting Tinubu will mean one thing; we’ve finally accepted the position they placed us, and it will finally relegate us to second fiddle and we know what that means. Even by having Christian VPs and presidents they still pressed our necks day and night, what would now be our fate if both the president and the Vp are Muslim?

I rather vote for Peter obi whom I despise so much than vote for Tinubu whom I like so much

I urge you brethren in the north campaigning for Tinubu to rethink our future is more important than what we’ll gain now

In 2023 Tinubu and most Nigerians will learn a thing about the Christians

PS: if you know me then you Will know that I'm not a bigot

Fergie001
Gardfield1

We will not relent our effort to fight for thr truth and say it, Muslims- Muslim ticket is a wayo and just to make us the christian in general be a second citizen in our Nation, if not the south south brother are just betraying their brother Pdp could have the best chance of Giving the christians a better way out, am Obidient in the movement and forever will rally round him. Waiting for the final meeting of the northern Christina forum to no the next direction of taking our vote to, Nigerian must progress weather they like it or not..

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2022
Tk4all:
I just thank god that ortom of benue state state is getting small sense now.

again, the apc governor aspirant will really cause confusion cos he looks like the best man for the job, i will personally vote him.

the problem is how apc will use him to get votes at the national level cos many are supporting the priest with his party and not the candidate.

@kyase, how do you think this will affect the election?
If fr Alia campaign for Tinubu, hmmm wahala go dey
But I have seen many say, they will vote labor then vote Apc in the governorship election, but these are people in town, Gboko to be precise
Now how about the people in the rural areas, where the winning votes use to come, they don’t know who Obi is or labour sef
There’s little individuals can do if you don’t give shishi
Buhari was also a no shishi man, but Amaechi and others spent for him to win

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Tk4all(m): 12:13pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

We have paid our dues with our northern brothers but when it’s their turn to return the Favour, they are telling us about competency or votes but we say no more
Just imagine picking dogora, akume or baba lawal as vice if they want to fair, should we be having such discussion here? this people thinks we are foools.

i don't know what obi is doing sef, he should have just brought money and buy this heavy politicians and this election will be good as over

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 12:13pm On Sep 19, 2022
shakdav:

We will not relent our effort to fight for thr truth and say it, Muslims- Muslim ticket is a wayo and just to make us the christian in general be a second citizen in our Nation, if not the south south brother are just betraying their brother Pdp could have the best chance of Giving the christians a better way out, am Obidient in the movement and forever will rally round him. Waiting for the final meeting of the northern Christina forum to no the next direction of taking our vote to, Nigerian must progress weather they like it or not..

My brother, I don’t know what’s taking them this long
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by shakdav(m): 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2022
nameo:

Bros, plzz answer the question.

Your HONEST answer
By brother they could have set this country on fire just because of that act, we will not be in peace by now, just because they have a motive with it that is why that are silent, thankGod, God use Tinubu to open the eyes of the christians in Nigeria to see where this country is going and the evil plan they have for us, the christians

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2022
Bro, if we are making permutations, don't include taraba, nasarawa, Adamawa, kwarra, Kogi and Niger states, these are all Muslim majority state, as far as I'm concerned, only Benue and plateau are Christian dominated states in north.. so I don't see reason why not buhari/APC will not pull those figures

Lol were expecting APC/Buhari tyo lose in those states

Benue certainly surprised me, because even tho there are significant number of Muslims, but I doubt it's up to 30%

nameo:

Buhari won Benue in 2015. And got over 40% in Plateau, Taraba, Nasarawa, FCT and Adamawa. He also won other NC states at almost 60%(Kwara, Kogi, Niger). This was one of the main reasons he won that election. You can also add Adamawa and Gombe from the NE to it

Bros, i dont know what you are argiung really
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by shakdav(m): 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

My brother, I don’t know what’s taking them this long

They will let the campaign start..
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2022
Tk4all:

Just imagine picking dogora, akume or baba lawal as vice if they want to fair, should we be having such discussion here? this people thinks we are foools.

i don't know what obi is doing sef, he should have just brought money and buy this heavy politicians and this election will be good as over

People keep saying the electoral law gives the voters power not big wings, I laugh because those voters are loyal to some big wings whether we like it or not

If no less than 8 big wings decamped to labour then no hope for labour and Obi
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2022
shakdav:

They will let the campaign start..

Let’s see
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by shakdav(m): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2022
Nyamuri:
Bro, if we are making permutations, don't include taraba, nasarawa, Adamawa, kwarra, Kogi and Niger states, these are all Muslim majority state, as far as I'm concerned, only Benue and plateau are Christian dominated states in north.. so I don't see reason why not buhari/APC will not pull those figures

the question that should be ask where the original result, submitted that is what should be the major concern for the moment, thankGod BVAS will be in use, election will not be much this coming election
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by AirFireEarthH20: 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2022
I'm just going to say something here whether people agree with me or not. Northern Christians don't learn and would never learn. Unfortunately, 2023 is going to put them in perpetual servitude forever to their Muslim brothers because majority of them (Christians), esp from middle belt, who are not happy with APC Muslim-Muslim ticket, will still turn around and vote for Atiku. Meaning, their Muslim brothers still win. There's a lot of meaning to this but I wouldn't bother to elaborate any further.

4 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by nameo: 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2022
Nyamuri:
I don't have prove, but I heard it from a very reliable source

However, PO is not competent in terms of what he has achieved as governor, nothing special about his tenure, unlike Tinubu on what he has achieved in Lagos state

See eh, there is no proof or evidence cos there is none. It NEVER happened.

The only state in the SE that wanted to do ID was Imo under Okorocha but that didnt even fly. It never happened in ANambra.

Moreover, there is NOTHING that suggests that Obi is bigoted in any way. If you study him, you would realise that that is not his style. And I can understand that cos I believe he thinks in similar way as myself. Same reason I cannot be bigoted in any way.

Those of you guys up north that are afraid of Obi just cos he is Igbo should really not have any fears. Obi is about the most investigated Nigerian politicain today(even your leaders in Upper North have had him investigated- I hope you know that). If there is any thing really off-putting as regards bigotry, it would have been released to the public long ago.

3 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by tuniski: 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

Tinubu can’t win
God won’t even allow it
He can/may win with the help of Obidients.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reuben Abati Asks Peter Obi How He Manages His Girlfriends, Here Is His Reply / Anambra State Teaching Hospital Built By Peter Obi (pictures?) / Meet The 8 Labour Party Senators Who Won With Obi Influence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.