Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,345 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu (4454 Views)

Christians Won’t Vote Muslim-Muslim Presidential Candidates - PFN / Insecurity: Why Northern Elders Are Angry With Buhari – Femi Adesina / El-Rufai: 'Christians Won’t Vote For Me, Even If Pope Is My Running Mate' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by EmeraldJD: 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2022
frank14011991:
nassarawa is a Muslim state.it will be very difficult for a Christian to win election in nassarawa
Stop saying what you don't know.
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by tuniski: 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2022
Tk4all:

so nassarawa and taraba are not christian states right?

this is exactly what the op was complaining. i will not be suprise if benue will be included in muslimm states in the future because we have few muslimss in the state. this is how it usually started.

kwara is a good example
Taraba is north east.
Giving population growth the Muslims will outgrow the christain population of taraba.
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Tk4all(m): 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2022
tuniski:

Obi has zero path to the presidency not in 2023, not in 2927!
Are you God?

I stop taking you serious when you said nassarawa is a muslimm state. your comments really show that you are a paid youth you can support anything to defend your master

4 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by nameo: 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2022
tuniski:

You are just being emotional! Obidient folks are largely splinter group of PDP.

Bros, only 29% of registered voters voted in 2019( in the south it is even worse).

That is, a tiny minority of voters voted.

In 2023, this will certainly not be the case, again esp in the South. A lot of persons who do not vote will vote this time around( in my samll circle, I know a lot of them).

Deaden that idea of PDP or APC voters in 2023. If you are relying on that, you will be sorely disappointed.

3 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by frank14011991(m): 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2022
Nyamuri:
If you want to know the percentage of religion in a state, just check the governor, DP governor, senators and HOA
nassarawa is a Muslim dominated state.they have always been voting PDP in presidential election because of power of incumbency.a Christian can't win governorship election in nassarawa
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by tuniski: 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
nameo:

Bros, only 29% of registered voters voted in 2019( in the south it is even worse).

That is, a tiny minority of voters voted.

In 2023, this will certainly not be the case, again esp in the South. A lot of persons who do not vote will vote this time around( in my samll circle, a know a lot of them).

Deaden that idea of PDP or APC voters in 2023. If you are relying on that, you will be sorely disappointed.
Double the voters turnout in the south east and increase the remaining by half, the pattern of voting won't change except in the south east where emotions have overtaken reason!
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by nameo: 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2022
tuniski:

Double the voters turnout in the south east and increase the remaining by half, the pattern of voting won't change except in the south east where emotions have overtaken reason!

OK...bye
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by tuniski: 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2022
Tk4all:

Are you God?

I stop taking you serious when you said nassarawa is a muslimm state. your comments really show that you are a paid youth you can support anything to defend your master
I am not a youth by the way, I am a north central person born and bred on the plateau for which nassarawa was a part before 1996!
I am talking what I know !!!!
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2022
Tk4all:

If atiku and obi were on the same ticket, and tinubu and shettima on their apc ticket, this election would have been won without campaigns.

again, if kwankwaso agreed that time to deputize obi, it will still be a winning ticket.

but as it stands now, the road to the presidency is not predictable at all. that man tinubu is ready to do everything to win, and it will be a joke if you write him off.

atiku? this one is know for heavy spending and nigerians are hungry now, he can buy almost everybody that is poor.

then the young obi who i think is the best man for the job. but can he do the magic? he should be ready to spend, spend and spend till he started borrowing cos he is against something bigger that interviews. i wish him the best of luck

You have said all
Tinubu May End up winning but if Atiku plays his game well, he’ll be declared winner by 2pm

Obi should decamp back to pdp immediately after the election
He should try again in 2027
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by GeneralOjukwu: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

Tinubu can’t win
God won’t even allow it

So do you prefer Atiku?
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2022
tuniski:

The word is majority!!!!!! Only Benue and plateau have majority christain .
Majority in Nassarawa too
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2022
Well, you know some people use thr same argument in place of taraba..

While taraba governors have always been Christians.. the senators and HOR are majortity Muslims, which would have been impossible if Christian were the majority
frank14011991:
nassarawa is a Muslim dominated state.they have always been voting PDP in presidential election because of power of incumbency.a Christian can't win governorship election in nassarawa
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2022
shakdav:

Yes we are getting it back, Nassarawa state is giving them sleepless nights as I reply this post or trend. By God's willing Nassarawa state for Davemarthins
Really wish, it’s labaran maku that’s running under pdp
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Tk4all(m): 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

You have said all
Tinubu May End up winning but if Atiku plays his game well, he’ll be declared winner by 2pm

Obi should decamp back to pdp immediately after the election
He should try again in 2027
Just tell me that you are in atiku's camp now. cos this your bolded statement did not make sense to me cos you did not even give obi a chance in your analysis which i think is wrong hence me and you knows that he is among the top 3.

what if obi wins? should atiku decamp too?

let's be fair to each candidate pls.

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Salvador1: 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

Two things
1: Obi is a capitalist
2: his supporters

4 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2022
Tk4all:

Just tell me that you are in atiku's camp now. cos this your bolded statement did not make sense to me cos you did not even give obi a chance in your analysis which i think is wrong hence me and you knows that he is among the top 3.

what if obi wins? should atiku decamp too?

let's be fair to each candidate pls.
Lol
I only analyze based on what’s on ground

Based on body language of the northern Christians leaders, they are moving towards Atiku, with time the message will be passed to us
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by CaptainAyub: 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2022
EmekaMD:
but Atiku is a capitalist also? I think capitalism encourages hardwork but i respect your right to disagree

As for his supporters. I take issues with some of them too, but how can you tell people how not to react when the government have neglected them for long. Now they see a glimer of hope and the same establishment politicians are telling them to shout up and sit down? common
Besides Buharis supporters did worse in 2015 but heaven did not fall.

Obi is a good man and he means well. that is all that should matter. Anybody can become his supporter, including you and you have your right to react to issues the way you want it. its your fundamental human right.
It's like you're new to nairaland.
Even b4 Peter Obi joined national politics, Kyase is a well known Igbo-hater on nairaland.
Same with his fellow Benue brother Omenka.
It has nothing to do with capitalism.
They're what the northern muslims call their useful idiots.

8 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by CaptainAyub: 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

Actually Buhari supporters only insulted pdp leaderships and not her supporters

Obama won the election because the black sold him to the whites as the next best thing and not by insult
More reasons why Trump lost his re-election, but I get your point, you guys should guide them

Obi on the other hand, needs to stop all these interviews, this is Nigeria, you win election when people assume your capabilities and not the other way round
Buhari won because of that assumption, just let your supporters do the right campaign for you

You were here in 2015, Buhari hardly campaigned for himself before his supporters sold him the people
The 1 naira to 1 dollar was not his campaign, neither is the fuel for 65 naira per litre, that’s the power of assumption
Hope you get my point
Animal talk.
Voters should listen and believe supporters of candidate rather than the candidate himself, so that he can deny everything, just like buhari did.
You cannot be an APC supporter without sounding mad

5 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Davidganna10: 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2022
Tk4all:

If atiku and obi were on the same ticket, and tinubu and shettima on their apc ticket, this election would have been won without campaigns.

again, if kwankwaso agreed that time to deputize obi, it will still be a winning ticket.

but as it stands now, the road to the presidency is not predictable at all. that man tinubu is ready to do everything to win, and it will be a joke if you write him off.

atiku? this one is know for heavy spending and nigerians are hungry now, he can buy almost everybody that is poor.

then the young obi who i think is the best man for the job. but can he do the magic? he should be ready to spend, spend and spend till he started borrowing cos he is against something bigger that interviews. i wish him the best of luck
The bolded is true, and I bet you tinubu wound't go for shettima. Because that would be a disaster.

Honestly, Obi winning this election will be the greatest miracle in the history of any democratic rule anywhere in the world. If that happens, most politician will sit up and will in turn understand the importance of the electorates.

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2022
CaptainAyub:

It's like you're new to nairaland.
Even b4 Peter Obi joined national politics, Kyase is a well known Igbo-hater on nairaland.
Same with his fellow Benue brother Omenka.
It has nothing to do with capitalism.
They're what the northern muslims call their useful idiots.

Hahahahaha
Please show me where I hated on igbos
I have never for once demean the igbos anywhere
Unless you are ipob, those guys I have been against all these years and ipob are not igbos
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Salvador1: 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

Now you are made a pure point
If you read some of my comments here, I said if we Christians are serious, we should cast all our votes to a single candidate and our leaders are yet to give us direction
I have always been a rebel to our leaders but this time, who ever they asked us to vote for, that’s who I will vote for, minus Tinubu of course

Who would that be, Atiku or Obi
but middle belt leaders are supporting Obi and they promised to mobilize their people to vote massively for him.

5 Likes

Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Salvador1: 2:09pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

If fr Alia campaign for Tinubu, hmmm wahala go dey
But I have seen many say, they will vote labor then vote Apc in the governorship election, but these are people in town, Gboko to be precise
Now how about the people in the rural areas, where the winning votes use to come, they don’t know who Obi is or labour sef
There’s little individuals can do if you don’t give shishi
Buhari was also a no shishi man, but Amaechi and others spent for him to win
bro but campaign never start.
Obi will spend it's a must it's his supporters that are saying no shishi theory.
His gospel will reach to the deepest village.
Obi mantra is spreading.
Things are happening. Who knows obi last two months in Nigeria but now what is happening.
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by orisa37: 2:45pm On Sep 19, 2022
We have CHRISLAMS IN THE NORTH NOT CHRISTIANS.
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by frank14011991(m): 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2022
Nyamuri:
There is nothing new, and NC won't be any decider in 2023! You guys keep talking as if it's today the northern Christians started voting against Muslim presidential candidate!! Christians in the north has never voted along with us, and we won't be needing it!!

We have always lost Benue, plateau and partially nasarawa state!! And nothing changed, just like how it won't change in 2023.. Christian votes have always been inconsequential and insignificant to over all interest of core north
christians have won governorship election in Muslim dominated state like boni haruna winning in adamawa 2003 and Patrick yakowa in 2011 but no Muslim has ever won governorship election in Christian dominated state.muslims in plateau don't even get deputy governorship slot or senator
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by garfield1: 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

Only kwara and Niger oga

Kogi and nasarawa has a slight Muslim majority
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by garfield1: 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2022
shakdav:

Yes we are getting it back, Nassarawa state is giving them sleepless nights as I reply this post or trend. By God's willing Nassarawa state for Davemarthins

Abdullahi sule it is
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by garfield1: 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

But, Ganduje is not corrupt or shetimma is not corrupt right?
Only the Christian politicians are corrupt abi

Dogara was there and northern Christians were very much ready this time to cast bulk votes for apc just to get the Vp that will represent us for once

Did obi pick a northern Christian?
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Akanbiedu(m): 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2022
@kyase I will like to know

Why is it that northern christians don't really fight for party nominations like southern muslims do. Afterall both southern muslims and northern christians are minorities in their respective zones.
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2022
Barsu ai, se munafinci! It won't happen again ai
frank14011991:
christians have won governorship election in Muslim dominated state like boni haruna winning in adamawa 2003 and Patrick yakowa in 2011 but no Muslim has ever won governorship election in Christian dominated state.muslims in plateau don't even get deputy governorship slot or senator
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Nyamuri: 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2022
Lol! It's like relating with PO fans recently has made u lose ur sanity and insight.

David ombughadu is PDP candidate
Kyase:

Really wish, it’s labaran maku that’s running under pdp
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kagd10: 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kyase:

Benue
Nass
Plateau
Kaduna
The Christians here massively voted Buhari in 2015 and he won some of the states there

In 2019 he narrowly lost Benue
So tell me if we did not vote him

Even if you voted for Atiku or Obi, where is the importance of Northern Christians there? Northern Christians need to be a force in the North first instead of blaming others.

Who were the people whom Tinubu could have picked? Is it Dogara and Baba chair that can't win their local government?

The only person whom Tinubu could have picked was Lalong but he didn't support Tinubu in the primaries. I still don't know what he was thinking in the primaries.. That was his best chance.. I still don't know if he could be picked but you can't blame Tinubu na.
Re: Why Northern Christians Won’t Vote Tinubu by Kyase(m): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2022
Kagd10:

Even if you voted for Atiku or Obi, where is the importance of Northern Christians there? Northern Christians need to be a force in the North first instead of blaming others.

Who were the people whom Tinubu could have picked? Is it Dogara and Baba chair that can't win their local government?

The only person whom Tinubu could have picked was Lalong but he didn't support Tinubu in the primaries. I still don't know what he was thinking in the primaries.. That was his best chance.. I still don't know if he could be picked but you can't blame Tinubu na.
SO anybody that doesn’t work for Tinubu, wont be picked right?
Tinubu just insulted us and we’ll answer him at the right time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CCB Tribunal: No One Can Intimidate Me - Tinubu / Modification Process / Best Quote Of The Year On Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.