Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra (11777 Views)

Joe Igbokwe: IPOB A Branch Of PDP Behind Insecurity In South East / A Call To South Easterners To Get Their PVC And Vote! / Matawalle’s Reason For Defection Confirms That APC Is Behind Insecurity – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by PandoraObi: 5:11am On Sep 19, 2022

Anambra State Governor, Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo

The Anambra State Governor, Charles Soludo, has explained why insecurity and kidnapping are rife in the state, saying the economic situation of Anambra among South-East states made it a target of criminals.
He said that with the spate of insecurity in the state, his administration has put in place numerous measures to end the menace.

Soludo who stated this on Sunday during an interview on Channels TV’s Politics Today , maintained that those perpetrating criminalities in the state are Igbo.
The former Central Bank of Nigeria governor also stated that contrary to claims, those perpetrating criminalities are known and not unknown as being reported in the media.
“They are plain criminals. Some of these criminals also hide under the cloak of agitation but IPOB has repeatedly distanced itself from the criminals.

“They are kidnappers and plain criminals and they indulge in these because it is lucrative. Anambra is without a doubt the richest state in the South-East so this is the state where kidnapping has the highest value and so you will have their highest concentration here.
“If you have an Okada rider who goes into the bush; learns how to shoot, and joins a criminal gang after which they kidnap someone and make millions, it won’t be easy convincing such to go back to his Okada business anymore.
“But we are decimating them. They are not unknown gunmen, they are unknown to the extent that maybe are not caught immediately. But I can tell you we’ve been catching quite a lot of them and they already know that Anambra is not safe for them anymore.

Let me be clear about it, 100 per cent of the people we have caught are Igbo. There is no hoax that somebody is invading from somewhere. It is 100 per cent Igbo on Igbo.

“Anambra receives its proportional share of an influx of Igbo from other South-East states and other parts of Nigeria. At the initial stage when we stage and the first set of people we caught are Igbo from the South-East states and not from Anambra. But as we went on, we discovered that a whole lot of the youth are joining them and we have not disguised among them, we are dealing with them equally,” Soludo said.

On his effort to nip insecurity in the bud, the governor maintained that several operations are ongoing to correct the anomaly, adding that Anambra residents are now enjoying relative peace.
“The 8.5 million residents in Anambra can testify to you that insecurity has come down to the barest minimum. At least, in the last three months, cases of insecurity that seem to be daily affairs have come to a halt.
“We have decimated criminal gangs and their infrastructures and I don’t think they have the capacity again to come with the kind of ferocity they have in the past.
“Anambra has been relatively peaceful recently and we are pursuing a peaceful agenda. Compared to many other places in Nigeria, I will say if we have to have the statistics in the last three months, I think Anambra will compete favorably as one of the safest comparatively.
“We are not relenting. The operations are ongoing. Many communities are now at peace and having their new yam festival celebrations and these are things that weren’t possible in the past. Millions of events are also taking place simultaneously.

“However, insecurity won’t disappear overnight. It took years for them to take root and build about 15 camps all over the 8 local governments. Their activities won’t disappear in three months. But we are not relenting, we are putting in all our efforts and we are determined to make Anambra safe and secure for the residents and businesses,” he added.

https://punchng.com/igbo-behind-insecurity-in-anambra-soludo/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1663536155

161 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by obisthyme: 5:12am On Sep 19, 2022
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by PandoraObi: 5:15am On Sep 19, 2022
I thought Zombidients said they are Fulani herdsmen

279 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 19, 2022
This soludo is something else.

140 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by PandoraObi: 5:31am On Sep 19, 2022
This is Anambra the home of incoming igbo president

202 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by Tonypen247(m): 5:32am On Sep 19, 2022
An ever-ready governor.
May nemesis catch up on all the criminals.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by EtinosaDLaw(m): 5:33am On Sep 19, 2022
Just look at the lineup of agbado-munching urchins above me. They have assembled to cause disunity again, as they usually do. Because that is their primary assignment. Tell them that today is not that day! The south is ONE

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by Tonypen247(m): 5:36am On Sep 19, 2022
PandoraObi:
This is Anambra the home of incoming igbo president

You wake up every morning to begin your daily task so that your peanut payers will notice your activeness and send you your consolation stipends. undecided

Suffering knows no tribe. How Democratic is democracy in your expression given the freedom of choice

Be productive with your time okay.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by PandoraObi: 5:36am On Sep 19, 2022
EtinosaDLaw:
Just look at the lineup of agbado-munching urchins above me. They have assembled to cause disunity again, as they usually do. Because that is their primary assignment. Tell them that today is not that day! The south is ONE
You mean Soludo, because the man came out to say it as it is, he is now agbado munching? you want to ostracize him like you did to Hope uzodimma

241 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by Yoruba1stson: 5:37am On Sep 19, 2022
But cursed flateenos wey dey nairaland dey talk shey nah fulani herdsmen

92 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by PandoraObi: 5:39am On Sep 19, 2022
Tonypen247:

You wake up every morning to begin your daily task so that your peanut payers will notice your activeness and send you your consolation stipends. undecided

Suffering knows no tribe. How Democratic is democracy in your expression given the freedom of choice

Be productive with your time okay.
Is there any of your family members also working for the said peanut? or how do you know some people are working for peanut?

178 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by inoki247: 5:44am On Sep 19, 2022
Dey are still blaming one invisible DSS and Fulani herdsmen....

Everybody's a saint in that region....

it seems as election dey come sef Fulani herdsmen no dey terrorize again people don dey answer dere name now....

Which region dey Nigeria wey no get dere own indigene wey dey terrorize dere own community....

Buh aw some people wake up nd brand everyone Saint in dere region na him I neva know....

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by RichDad1(m): 5:45am On Sep 19, 2022
They’ll soon be here to tell us it s a lie.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by bestman09(m): 5:45am On Sep 19, 2022
sad
Soludo is really doing a great job concerning security in Anambra. For 8 good months, I couldn't travel to the village because of fear of insecurity till last week 7th of September and everywhere is peaceful in my village unlike what it was between Dec 2021 to April 2022.
Obiano really failed the state security wise towards the end of his term

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by BluntCrazeMan: 5:46am On Sep 19, 2022
MY OWN REQUEST FROM INEC IS VERY SIMPLE AND STRAIGHT.
Let the INEC to be also releasing “THE NUMBER OF CANCELLED POLLING-UNITS”, And then, “The Total Number Of Registered Voters That Were Affected By The Cancelled Polling-Units” in each of the results that they are releasing to the public...
The information is also as highly necessary as the Election Results itself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by LiveWithIt: 5:46am On Sep 19, 2022
ppl from the east are worst than Boko Haram, tufiaka and they want to give us a man from that region to govern us never...
He will rule Biafra not our Great Nigeria that belongs to tinubu..
Let me go get my agbado and cassava

168 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by OgaDeyVex: 5:46am On Sep 19, 2022
Oga Just Wake Up From Sleep Begin Dey Vex

1 Like

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by SpecialEdition: 5:46am On Sep 19, 2022
No train in the SS & the SE. The only post-colonial single gauge old locomotive that runs through Port Harcourt - Oyibo - Aba, has stopped working. It saddens me that my brother could give Maradi Niger Republic a train, but not my region. The marginalization & hate is so REAL.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by Tonypen247(m): 5:47am On Sep 19, 2022
PandoraObi:
Is there any of your family members also working for the said peanut? or how do you know some people are working for peanut?
Intelligence is not in the ability in trying to outsmart the other, but rather, in the ability to not sound like one with cognitive impairment. Your likes are everywhere and I understand that the inducements used in enticing you guys to act as online propagators of lies is paying so far in your demean state.
These are tentative, know that, and the earlier you add meaning to your life, the better for you.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by SpecialEdition: 5:47am On Sep 19, 2022
They turn EVERYTHING against Peter Obi.
Count down to elections....I can't wait

1 Share

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by FreeStuffsNG: 5:47am On Sep 19, 2022
Let me be clear about it, 100 per cent of the people we have caught are Igbo. There is no hoax that somebody is invading from somewhere. It is 100 per cent Igbo on Igbo.

O pari! This man is not playing any nonsense conspiracy of others against us victim card played by some Igbo and it shows his strength of character. He is breathing down the necks of irressponsible parents raising nonsense unpatriotic, irresponsible and uncouth children in his state of Igboland and he needs the support of everyone.

163 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by muykem: 5:48am On Sep 19, 2022
Thanks to erudite scholar professor Charles Soludo. This is the fact that many igbo leaders are shy away from. Nnamidi kanu is curse to south east. Yes we have criminals in every parts of the conutry but unlike south east they have not been praised or applauded to make them feel their criminal activities are people oriented.

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by Tonypen247(m): 5:48am On Sep 19, 2022
H
Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by adioolayi(m): 5:49am On Sep 19, 2022
Na dem go use their very own hands spoil the bright chance of Peter Obi...They should continue na

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by jeff1993: 5:49am On Sep 19, 2022
Thank u able Governor.... Tell them the truth as it is!!!

I jus wish those people shouting "Umu oma", "Prophet",and "Angel UGM" anytime they see those riff Raff a should face the wrath of the military. They should be taught a very bitter lesson as collaborators to insecurity in the southeast

14 Likes

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by Okhuadams(m): 5:50am On Sep 19, 2022
PandoraObi:

https://punchng.com/igbo-behind-insecurity-in-anambra-soludo/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1663536155
In the govnor own words [Let me be clear about it, 100 per cent of the people we have caught are Igbo. There is no hoax that somebody is invading from somewhere. It is 100 per cent Igbo on Igbo.]yet they will say pple from outside. Even Ipob/Esn are involve

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by hollywater: 5:53am On Sep 19, 2022
Confused Man. Someone who just enter power and begin to demolish his people properties, what good do expect from him.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by Okhuadams(m): 5:54am On Sep 19, 2022

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by Okhuadams(m): 5:55am On Sep 19, 2022
Soludo who stated this on Sunday during an interview on Channels TV’s Politics Today , maintained that those perpetrating criminalities in the state are Igbo.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo: South-Easterners Behind Insecurity In Anambra by YourhealthNG2(m): 5:55am On Sep 19, 2022
Very true..

But Buhari created the environment for crime and crimality in the southeast through the way he mishandled the IPOB agitation..

An intelligent president could have nipped it in the bud before it got to the stage of armed agitation/ESN creation.

Anyway, the problem is gradually being solved using local solutions..

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

31 Governors Shun Amendment, Financial Autonomy For State Assemblies / LP Treasurer Oparah Asks Abure To Account For N3.5bn / Throwback: I'll Mobilize Nigerian Youths For Tinubu's Victory - Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.