Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss (25731 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / Ever Been Sexually Harassed By Your Boss? How Did You Deal With It? / What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by vibbb: 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2022
No need of complaining, just focus on your duties and re - edit your cv to keep up applications, instead of causing unnecessary issues for your self - Pple will call you jealous. Mind you the policy your friend is trying to change might be for the betterment of your organisation. Just be calm and let him be d boss at work and padi padi at home.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by SirJerrie(m): 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:
Hello guys~ my best friend and I live together in the same neighborhood.

I introduce him to were I was working at the moment because he was seriously in need of a job...

Though! He had a job he was doing but the money they are paying him is just token, so when he came for an interview today.

He passed the prescription test that was given to him, and he was made the assistant Boss and I have been working there for long without been given dis offer.

Being his first time of working with us he has started giving out policy in which I don't like, he's trying to change the system for us making it unbearable for us to cope. And to crown it all, his salary his x2 higher than mine and we both have same qualification.

So am thinking of going to my Boss to lunch complain maybe to ask him to renew my contract.

What do you all think about my step....

Should I still go on with it?

Bros... Abeg take am easy with this your LIES... My head dey pain me this hot afternoon

Your guy come for interview today

Your guy passed the interview , get the job as assistance boss TODAY

He begin change policy TODAY TODAY

Haba bross cry
Bross Why?!
Wetin warrant this lie this Hot afternoon!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by ACRI: 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2022
Be humble
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by RepoMan007: 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2022
Awesomeking:
you are going through envy and jealousy but because you dont have a bad mind, you dont know it yet..simply use the law of the ftc...turn by turn..as he be your boss,do as he says..u seff senior another person for the same company...one day u sef go be boss..
same qualification with double salary doesn't sound like envy and jealousy to me. That's grossly disproportional. Haba!
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by edungene7: 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2022
OP I guess u are over reacting he might be yr friend outside but in the official environment he is now yr boss do not teach others how to disrespect him u will definitely suffer the burnt u have played yr role by helping him just keep it at that if u try the grace way that guy carry by confronting yr boss baba the outcome would make u more sad if u feel he is on a wrong path talk him over on a bottle of beer @ COB

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by humberjade: 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2022
Hmm
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Boyooosa(m): 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:

I introduce him to were I was working at the moment because he was seriously in need of a job...

Though! He had a job he was doing but the money they are paying him is just token, so when he came for an interview today.

He passed the prescription test that was given to him, and he was made the assistant Boss and I have been working there for long without been given dis offer.

Being his first time of working with us he has started giving out policy in which I don't like, he's trying to change the system for us making it unbearable for us to cope. And to crown it all, his salary his x2 higher than mine and we both have same qualification.

So am thinking of going to my Boss to lunch complain maybe to ask him to renew my contract.

Two options, resign or admit your faith.

Even, after admitting your faith, start thinking of how to get a new job because, sooner or later, you will still be disgraced out of that organization.

I wish you best of luck

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by otomatic(m): 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2022
I fear for that your friend. Make you no go poison am o.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by WillyCassey: 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2022
Nigerians can't celebrate other people's success. Must all the good things come to you? If it comes to someone else rejoice with them. Haba! I'm sure that your friend is more intelligent than you.
See your English lunch a complain.... it is launch or lay.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by skuribeebo: 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2022
Gba kamu o
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by SmartyPants(m): 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2022
bigdammyj:

1. He came for interview

2. He passed the interview

3. He got the job as, assistance boss

4. He his changing the policy

5. Earning x2 of your salary with same qualifications as yours.

All, in one day?

Someone that the OP says he introduced o. How do gou have the same qualifications and introduce your friend for a senior position?
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Chris2863(m): 1:41pm On Sep 20, 2022
With the way you write, why won’t they make him your boss You don’t even know the difference or how to make use of am/I’m, present and past tense and you want them to make you the CEO grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by chyzoo4u(m): 1:41pm On Sep 20, 2022
I was his boss for a job he introduced me to and he became jealous. That led to the end of our 13 years relationship
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Theoarhics: 1:42pm On Sep 20, 2022
Na grace. You can't fight it. Just chill make ur turn reach
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Dirpetaner: 1:42pm On Sep 20, 2022
Thank God your friend is now your boss... at least you now have a connection at the top....don't expect help from him...rather try to prepare yourself with total humility, work with your friend and you will receive your own part of the grace..His grace is different from yours....he got his breakthrough through you dont sit on it....abi you don want anyone you help to be above you..

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by WillyCassey: 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2022
SmartyPants:

Someone that the OP says he introduced o. How do gou have the same qualifications and introduce your friend for a senior position?

His friend is obviously more intelligent.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Jackipapa: 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2022
Kindly talk to him after work in a very private area and see how things unfold for you.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by ufuosman(m): 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2022
Do ur normal job, free urself and don't reason negative
It maybe his own grace
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by SmartyPants(m): 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2022
WillyCassey:

His friend is obviously more intelligent.

Yes, seems so, but point is...why didn't he apply for the position himself?
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Viktoro1: 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2022
Why do you want to lodge a complain?,
That ur friend earns higher that you do. If that be your reason then u don't think at all. If your reason is that you deserve to earn higher based on your qualifications and the number of months you've have worked vat your workplace, then that is fine. No mention your friend name for your complain I beg!!!!! Life just happened to you.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by HarlequinLekex: 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2022
Op,i understand your plight that is his turn,you turn go soon reach it can be very annoying,those saying Op dey envy or doesn't want betterment of others would even do more worse than Op

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by babavik: 1:45pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:

Jealousy!!

From your write up I can perceive the stench of your jealousy and envy.
You should even be happy for your friend, atleast you have someone that can cover your "fckups" tomorrow.
When Davido said "we rise by lifting others" what do you think he meant?

If your friend is in a position to determine who gets promoted, do you think he will abandon you?

Just believe that God "have sent your own joseph ahead of time to save you in your moments of famine"

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2022
Don't push further....people will think you are being jealous here. .just play cool and have a one on one talk with him n remind him u brought him to the company n always your concerns to him and how his new policy is affecting u...
Here what he will respond and from there u knw how to act n relate to him n others in the company..cheers
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by vivalavida(m): 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2022
bigdammyj:

1. He came for interview

2. He passed the interview

3. He got the job as, assistance boss

4. He his changing the policy

5. Earning x2 of your salary with same qualifications as yours.

All, in one day?

I dey tell U.
What post did he apply for?
If it was a senior post, the OP has no right to complain since he wasn't deemed fit to be promoted to that role.
But if he came for a random interview, then this gist no gel.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by captainamiedi1: 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2022
i am not a fan of asking for salary increase. if they offer it then fine. if not, start looking for another job. most of my salary increment come from change companies. bear it and intensify your job search.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by 2Radii: 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:

Alaye go claim Ur right joo, its better to receive queries for asking for your right than to wallow in regret and had I known.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by babavik: 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2022
Dirpetaner:
Thank God your friend is now your boss... at least you now have a connection at the top....don't expect help from him...rather try to prepare yourself with total humility, work with your friend and you will receive your own part of the grace..His grace is different from yours....he got his breakthrough through you dont sit on it....abi you don want anyone you help to be above you..
Exactly.

We all have different "graces".
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by WillyCassey: 1:48pm On Sep 20, 2022
SmartyPants:

Yes, seems so, but point is...why didn't he apply for the position himself?
He doesn't seem sound enough.
He is complaining about the policies his friend is introducing and calling it unbearable, which means he obviously didn't know them or he is the type that likes to do shabby jobs.
So he was not considered even though he has worked there longer.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Jokkarm2: 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2022
if he s really your friend, you can sort it with him by joke joke talk you chip am to him to look into his guy issue. dont feel bad, use sense follow am
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by dododawa1: 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2022
Helping people is TWO ways, either BAD or Good.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Mitsurugi(m): 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2022
Mutual respect is key. In my job tables turn. Last year my friend was my boss. I respected him. Even when he threw tantrums. I helped his work succeed and gained his respect. This year I got the job and became his boss handling everything including finances. He tried to lord it over me but I held my ground and he eventually saw that my decisions though unfair to him at the time saved our arses. I gained his respect yet again. In this life just learn to respect everyone including the maid. You might be her oga, but when she serves you food, she's the lord over your life (if you know, you know)

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by messenger4891: 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:

Please don't let envy and jealousy spoil good things God have in stock for you. Be patient and happy with your friend.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Association Of Unemployed Graduates Of Nigeria Signpost Spotted In Enugu / N-Power: Device Delivery Update / Eko Electricity Distribution Company 2018 Recruitment Entry Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.