Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss (25735 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / Ever Been Sexually Harassed By Your Boss? How Did You Deal With It? / What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Sweetvie: 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2022
Lol guy calm down... I understand that kind of feeling but it doesn't matter. You guys are best friends it doesn't matter who the boss is... If you're not comfortable with it you can look for job somewhere with better pay. Don't let that stop your friendship okay
He can even help you put in good words. That's just pure grace
Don't jealous or envy
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by okpas01: 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2022
Lol
He came for interview today, got the job today and started introducing policies today. When u want to make a fictious writeup, extra care is needed.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by SpaceAngel: 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2022
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Thazard(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2022
Awesomeking:
you are going through envy and jealousy but because you dont have a bad mind, you dont know it yet..simply use the law of the ftc...turn by turn..as he be your boss,do as he says..u seff senior another person for the same company...one day u sef go be boss..
the law of ftcgringringrin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Mustiboy(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2022
Why would be jealous of your friend? I mean a win for your friend is a win for you.

My friend (brother) of 12 years just hit some big contract and has made some mad millions. The sudden surge adds nothing to my life financially as I'm not looking to gain anything. None of us has ever been a parasite to the other. But I'm genuinely happy for my friend and proud of him.

His success is enough motivation for the rest of us to sit tight.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Sweetvie: 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2022
bigdammyj:

1. He came for interview

2. He passed the interview

3. He got the job as, assistance boss

4. He his changing the policy

5. Earning x2 of your salary with same qualifications as yours.

All, in one day?
You type like a kid... Oh
He should type like... The first day, he went for interview. The second day he got the job bah?
Learn to read btwn lines okay smiley
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by DOM7: 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2022
Age mate, play mate, classmate," neighbor mate" is not Grace mate. Respect God's way be happy for him that's how your own will come.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by jesustheissue: 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2022
My man, some of us have also been through similar experiences probably not exactly the same and we coped well. Why? Only because God's time is best, He knows when to lift one up and bring the other low despite putting in one's best. Your turn shall come provided you remain diligent and focused on the right things. This might help you.
A few years ago 2 of my colleagues and I were on the same rank but I was their senior by virtue of entry point and promotion. We went for the next promotion interview together and they scaled through while I didn't. One of them asked that I should be preparing memos for him which I politely declined while I was instructed to be reporting to the other one. The powers that be expected me to react negatively or leave for some other schedule but I did neither. I chose to eat humble pie and so I can advise you and others facing such indignities today with candor. Do not get yourself pushed out of a job because of the way you feel. Think man!

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by abobote: 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2022
That's destiny for you

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by ADEADE292: 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2022
God knows pass us......your friend is put for your favor in time to come believe me..... Work alone with him and continue your good aptitude with him....and also you can discuss with him when you get home about the changing of system..
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by fluffybaby(f): 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:
Hello guys~ my best friend and I live together in the same neighborhood.

I introduce him to were I was working at the moment because he was seriously in need of a job...

Though! He had a job he was doing but the money they are paying him is just token, so when he came for an interview today.

He passed the prescription test that was given to him, and he was made the assistant Boss and I have been working there for long without been given dis offer.

Being his first time of working with us he has started giving out policy in which I don't like, he's trying to change the system for us making it unbearable for us to cope. And to crown it all, his salary his x2 higher than mine and we both have same qualification.

So am thinking of going to my Boss to lunch complain maybe to ask him to renew my contract.

What do you all think about my step....

Should I still go on with it?

You can reach out to your boss but don't make it like a complain. Instead start by congratulating/commending/complimenting him on the successful recruitment process and then tell him that should a position that will challenge your skill and ability above what you are doing now comes up, you would appreciate it if you are offered the opportunity to prove yourself.
Don't sound pained, just sound excited and expect and for your hopeful upcoming challenge.
As for your friend, be happy for him, work with him and try not to put a wedge between the two of you. Even this experience should be seen as a blessing in disguise. Learn whatever you need to learn from it
Ie
*were you skipped because you did not show a zeal for more challenges on the job?
*Are you challenged health and physical wise?
*Were you too hard to handle? As in were you rude and arrogant to co workers?
*Did he upgrade his CV with certifications and skills you do not possess? Etc etc
Learn, improve on yourself and do better

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Abdul9025(m): 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2022
that Juju your friend use on your Boss..go and look for it and use it
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Kazeem47(m): 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2022
bigdammyj:

1. He came for interview

All, in one day?
brother-man,the story no clear o grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Karleb(m): 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2022
At this point, it's perfectly normal to be jealous.

You are human after all. Go ahead and talk about your contract renewal. It's your right.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by omoadeleye(m): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2022
bigdammyj:

1. He came for interview

All, in one day?

Na Grace, and if the guy dey hate, he will end up in disgrace
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by djseanjohn77: 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:

I introduce him to were I was working at the moment because he was seriously in need of a job...

Though! He had a job he was doing but the money they are paying him is just token, so when he came for an interview today.

He passed the prescription test that was given to him, and he was made the assistant Boss and I have been working there for long without been given dis offer.

Being his first time of working with us he has started giving out policy in which I don't like, he's trying to change the system for us making it unbearable for us to cope. And to crown it all, his salary his x2 higher than mine and we both have same qualification.

This is how it all starts, all you are waiting for is a wicked advise to execute the underlying evil. Someone will convince you of that evil, and boom, they will even assist you by taking you to the spiritualist that will assist you. Evil was not born in a day, it's a gradual thought that manifest into obsession, and then executed. If you don't deal with it right away, you will find yourself sleeping over the matter until you are convinced your friend has taken your success/position/destiny etc at that point, you can't go back on it. Please forget all about it now and focus on your own growth, Life na turn by turn and luck in life differs, so is your clock.

So am thinking of going to my Boss to lunch complain maybe to ask him to renew my contract.

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by plantist: 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2022
bigdammyj:

1. He came for interview

All, in one day?

The thing taya me
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Didi2d(m): 2:26pm On Sep 20, 2022
Just face your job, do it diligently. Your turn will come and it might not be that same company
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Okhuadams(m): 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:

First of all don't get jealous pls. Are his decision in the interest of the company and what is ur boss saying about it. Don't take as a bad rival if he chooses to boss you wrongly,but as ur step-up to bigger thimgs, is he the pride type cos they say you don't ur friend until he/she has money or not. But if he chooses to make life difficult for you look for a better place, but get one first b4 you leave. But pls don't get JEALOUS cos it may lead you into Evil. Cos it happened to me.God bless you
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by danot1030: 2:33pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:

Find a new job somewhere else.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by jaxxy(m): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:

Where u expecting him to get a lower position??

Well he's ur friend u can advice him on his controversial work policy.

as per the salary stuff u can discuss that with ur boss without belittling ur friend.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by maestroferddi: 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2022
Sounds like fiction writing...

Your friend who was earning less than you being given two times your salary and being made something like a team or departmental lead while boasting of the same qualification with you?

Which HR persons did this? Maybe there are other extenuating circumstances you didnt disclose...

I am not saying it is not possible...it just looks improbable.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Emman08: 2:47pm On Sep 20, 2022
I've been my best friend's boss once and he was my boss later on whe we switched to another organization. No big deal there
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by frog12: 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2022
no be FAKE post be dis ?
why he want destroy una?
I was in this situation where i need job, but a friend give am, and the boss come put me high because i was more responsible. but they cause small issue when infact i was right. i resign eventually so e no go cause big trouble for our friendship smiley
some people become jealous and trouble go start
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by debbaron2011: 2:56pm On Sep 20, 2022
EEYAH sorry you won't know who your friend is until he/she becomes your BOSS
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by frog12: 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2022
you think his friend was promoted to push him out ?
good point

jesustheissue:
My man, some of us have also been through similar experiences probably not exactly the same and we coped well. Why? Only because God's time is best, He knows when to lift one up and bring the other low despite putting in one's best. Your turn shall come provided you remain diligent and focused on the right things. This might help you.
A few years ago 2 of my colleagues and I were on the same rank but I was their senior by virtue of entry point and promotion. We went for the next promotion interview together and they scaled through while I didn't. One of them asked that I should be preparing memos for him which I politely declined while I was instructed to be reporting to the other one. The powers that be expected me to react negatively or leave for some other schedule but I did neither. I chose to eat humble pie and so I can advise you and others facing such indignities today with candor. Do not get yourself pushed out of a job because of the way you feel. Think man!
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Moneyyman: 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2022
This is how the spirit of jealousy and evil begins. Soon, it will tempt you to kill your friend over the issue that should not be there.

Avoid that now by removing all thoughts from your mind. Na devil dey knock so; don't give him a chance to come in.

Allow him do his work and you do yours. You only feel the policies are not good because he's the one giving them. Allow him!

If it works, you all benefit. If it doesn't, the policy will be reversed.

I sound it again, this is the spirit of jealousy coming. Don't let it enter oooo!
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by frog12: 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2022
big LESSON: he was in a low paying job, so leave him there !!!! grin grin grin grin

what's your business with another MAN's wife ?
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by an555: 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2022
Bro God is given you a test I wonder how you're going to handle this. Don't let jealousy comes in the way just do you. Your boss saw you before he gave him that position. Just relax and let things unfold
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Nnamaka1: 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:

Don't be silly. If I was you, I will celebrate my friend. I will even allow him to boss me around at work. I will give him the due Boss respect at work. But after work we are equal again.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Exceed15: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2022
If I were you I would I take it easy. U r beginning to fight it. Relax man , don't push it . God go do your own.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by ayoncox: 3:38pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:

Why should you envy your friend when you can become a owner of your company tomorrow and yet need his expertise, bro develop a large heart

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eko Electricity Distribution Company 2018 Recruitment Entry Level / Federal Ministry Of Labour Not Recruiting / Who Has Successfully Completed The Application Of NJFP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.