Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss (25726 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / Ever Been Sexually Harassed By Your Boss? How Did You Deal With It? / What Is The Most Painful/hurtful Thing Your Boss Has Ever Said To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Tookool(m): 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:
Hello guys~ my best friend and I live together in the same neighborhood.

I introduce him to were I was working at the moment because he was seriously in need of a job...

Though! He had a job he was doing but the money they are paying him is just token, so when he came for an interview today.

He passed the prescription test that was given to him, and he was made the assistant Boss and I have been working there for long without been given dis offer.

Being his first time of working with us he has started giving out policy in which I don't like, he's trying to change the system for us making it unbearable for us to cope. And to crown it all, his salary his x2 higher than mine and we both have same qualification.

So am thinking of going to my Boss to lunch complain maybe to ask him to renew my contract.

What do you all think about my step....

Should I still go on with it?

LUNCH Complain? Na why them no wan o promote you
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by dynigoche: 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2022
Possibly you were too weak to take harsh dicisions and that was why your boss couldnt pick you for the position. Most bosses observe thier staff attitude to work without them knowing, just play cool and show you are happy with ur friend, and work hard maybe someday God will crown your success. pls dont struggle accepting the reality because that is the first step to success

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by MadamOk(f): 7:01pm On Sep 20, 2022
It is call divine grace

You can not buy or sell the grace of God
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by mywells: 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2022
There should be a good talking relationship between you and him, even stronger than before, no envy or jealous of any type.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Omini247: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2022
You guys still have best friends?
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by UYEMDO35(m): 10:37pm On Sep 20, 2022
GamalNasser:
Maybe when you know the difference between" lunch " & " launch" Dem go promote U
Accepted! I know ur type. I Just decided to abbreviate it dat way, So no need to make fun out of it.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Peskid147: 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:

I introduce him to were I was working at the moment because he was seriously in need of a job...

Though! He had a job he was doing but the money they are paying him is just token, so when he came for an interview today.

He passed the prescription test that was given to him, and he was made the assistant Boss and I have been working there for long without been given dis offer.

Being his first time of working with us he has started giving out policy in which I don't like, he's trying to change the system for us making it unbearable for us to cope. And to crown it all, his salary his x2 higher than mine and we both have same qualification.

So am thinking of going to my Boss to lunch complain maybe to ask him to renew my contract.

That is how I invited my female friend to a job interview, I was invited to the job interview and this my female friend is job hunting so I told her about it, then we went together, at Ikeja local airport. We were 70 people that attended the interview so after the screening the airline company(arik) picked only 5 people. Both me and my female friend was part of the selected candidate then when I got home, I was sent a message that arik airline will get back to me but my female friend did not recive such message. So she started working with them while I am still waiting for confirmation to start work.after 2 weeks my female friend started giving me attitude before you know it she stop receiving and calling me naso she ghost me o. Well it was a painful experience but I learnt my lesson and move on with my life.....
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by UYEMDO35(m): 10:59pm On Sep 20, 2022
Peskid147:
That is how I invited my female friend to a job interview, I was invited to the job interview and this my female friend is job hunting so I told her about it, then we went together, at Ikeja local airport. We were 70 people that attended the interview so after the screening the airline company(arik) picked only 5 people. Both me and my female friend was part of the selected candidate then when I got home, I was sent a message that arik airline will get back to me but my female friend did not recive such message. So she started working with them while I am still waiting for confirmation to start work.after 2 weeks my female friend started giving me attitude before you know it she stop receiving and calling me naso she ghost me o. Well it was a painful experience but I learnt my lesson and move on with my life.....
That's why it's very difficult to help someone dis days, just imagine what she did to you.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by UYEMDO35(m): 11:10pm On Sep 20, 2022
Peskid147:

Just imagine I confronted my nigga today and I told him that I don't like the statement that e made while addressing us.... At least he would have consulted us first before saying it openly Infront of our boss and all could say was that if am not please with his rules that I should quit my job. though! He was saying it jokily but I know he really want me to quit becuz he knows am going to give him tough Time.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by UYEMDO35(m): 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2022
okpas01:
Lol
He came for interview today, got the job today and started introducing policies today. When u want to make a fictious writeup, extra care is needed.
Bro! I know u won't believe but it really occurred.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by UYEMDO35(m): 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2022
SpaceAngel:
In whatever you do, please don't put rat poison in your friends food or kill him as you seem to be filled with dangerous levels of envy .

The person that interview him saw some qualities you don't have and that's why they made him boss over you that has been there for a long time.

You don't expect him to do things the way it was before as he may be restructuring the system for productivity.

An office is a professional environment and not for friendship. If he's your good friend, you'll still be friends outside the office environment.

If I were to be your boss , knowing your friend was employed and you now come to renew your contract based on things you listed here, I'll sack you without thinking twice. You could be a dangerous employee, that'll mess up business based on frivolous excuses.

A word is enough for the wise.
Smiles! You just hit the nail... And u also made a point in ur statement....but to me, I don't buy ur advise. Put yourself in my shoes if u were the one will u accept that. Trying to act professional just to win our boss heart.... Making us look as if we are less unprofessional.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by GamalNasser: 11:30pm On Sep 20, 2022
UYEMDO35:

Accepted! I know ur type. I Just decided to abbreviate it dat way, So no need to make fun out of it.

You know my type but somehow didn't know the type your friend was before helping him cheesy
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Izzytechmedia: 11:45pm On Sep 20, 2022
Well, that life, nobody want another person to be greater than him or her, especially close friends, na only your parents fit pray make una dey greater than them ���
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by blaquebelle: 12:33am On Sep 21, 2022
UYEMDO35:

Just imagine I confronted my nigga today and I told him that I don't like the statement that e made while addressing us.... At least he would have consulted us first before saying it openly Infront of our boss and all could say was that if am not please with his rules that I should quit my job. though! He was saying it jokily but I know he really want me to quit becuz he knows am going to give him tough Time.

Why are you planning to give him a tough time. Why not cooperate with him and try to cajole him instead. You could be in reverse positions tomorrow, so don't spoil your friendship over this. If he had gotten such a good position in another company, won't you be happy for him. Please try to purge out these negative feelings you have. As God used you to bless someone, don't make it harder for the person so that God will also use someone else to bless you. You get?
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by TVTKOKO(m): 1:47am On Sep 21, 2022
ayoncox:

Why should you envy your friend when you can become a owner of your company tomorrow and yet need his expertise, bro develop a large heart
This! People don't see the bigger picture..
It might not be easy, but just do your thing and help out in anyway you can to the best of your ability.
If worse comes to bare and your friend is acting powerdrunk, just look for job elsewhere simple as that!
Don't allow jealousy becloud your judgment. Agemate no be gracemate and this is a FACT!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by UYEMDO35(m): 6:32am On Sep 21, 2022
blaquebelle:

Why are you planning to give him a tough time. Why not cooperate with him and try to cajole him instead. You could be in reverse positions tomorrow, so don't spoil your friendship over this. If he had gotten such a good position in another company, won't you be happy for him. Please try to purge out these negative feelings you have. As God used you to bless someone, don't make it harder for the person so that God will also use someone else to bless you. You get?
Noted
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by cedricksly: 6:42am On Sep 21, 2022
UYEMDO35:

I think you have a bad mind and you are full of jealousy.... Policies he will give are policies that will align with the company's way to improve, that is why he was chosen as assistant boss and not you...
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Collinsville5: 7:57am On Sep 21, 2022
UYEMDO35:

Try it and get automatic sack letter, because you'll just expose your beaf for the guy, and they'll see as someone that will be a stumbling block for the new assistant Boss, especially when they like his policies that you don't like. Don't have any bad or envious feelings against your friend, because it's your own downfall you are trying to plot. Thank God for him, and pray for your turn. Be proud of yourself, for connecting him to the job.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by frog12: 8:01am On Sep 21, 2022
she did nothing to her. one was selected. you went with open minds.

UYEMDO35:

That's why it's very difficult to help someone dis days, just imagine what she did to you.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by frog12: 8:05am On Sep 21, 2022
next time don't stir the crocodile water grin grin
crocodile dey eat the small meat him get, you wan give am better meat for your own water, the crocodile go wan eat you too!

UYEMDO35:

Smiles! You just hit the nail... And u also made a point in ur statement....but to me, I don't buy ur advise. Put yourself in my shoes if u were the one will u accept that. Trying to act professional just to win our boss heart.... Making us look as if we are less unprofessional.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Obnoxious2001(m): 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2022
cedricksly:
I think you have a bad mind and you are full of jealousy.... Policies he will give are policies that will align with the company's way to improve, that is why he was chosen as assistant boss and not you...

Jealousy wan kill am.
Bro let your friend be, you may not enjoy the privileges today but in the future you will.

Currently, na my papa friend naim give my brother work whey him dey do, my father was contributory to his success and his position in the company.

As long as Una dey make money no Wahala na matter of time you self go set.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Erums(m): 1:21pm On Sep 22, 2022
we talking same shit dawg >>>>
bepositive11:

That's not really the case here. The guy worked for years and didn't get promoted, but then he thought of helping his friend, and his friend ended up achieving when he couldn't achieve while having the same qualifications.

Of course he has reasons to feel he was treated unfairly.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by bepositive11: 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2022
Erums:

we talking same shit dawg >>>>

Not really. If OP's friend got that job in another company instead of his own company, he wouldn't have been this upset.

"People want you to be better but not better than them" applies to people who compete with others. The person you should be competing with is yourself and when people do better than you, you try to learn from them instead of being bitter.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Parachoko: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2022
valentineuwakwe:
Don't push further....people will think you are being jealous here. .just play cool and have a one on one talk with him n remind him u brought him to the company n always your concerns to him and how his new policy is affecting u...
Here what he will respond and from there u knw how to act n relate to him n others in the company..cheers
There is no need to remind him he bought him to the job, nah history be that.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by tunjijones(m): 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2022
Alitair:
Just chill. Do not let that spoil your friendship.

You are colleagues during work hours and best friends after work so whatever happens at work should stay at work.

You should rather be thinking of how to persuade your new assistant boss to put in a good word for you so you will be promoted too.

No go dey hate my padi

Did you read the post? Did you read where he said he was the one that asked him to apply in his office?

The friend shd shill...

I understand what the op is going through and it's obvious you don't.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 24, 2022
Peskid147:

How did she start work when she didn't get messages?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by iamL(f): 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2022
Wintertime:
You did no wrong bringing your friend into the job Arena, as it is being written don't bite the finger that fed you , so as the case of your friend. He shouldn't bite your finger.

Friends grows , your friend has grown in money structure now earning more than you. Not bad but you self wants to level up also.

Not tomorrow your friend drives latest Lexus and you are still trekking makes no sense

Just use the knowledge of knowing him as your friend to level up . And put it to him to help you secure a better position so you can earn more also..

As for you, use this opportunity to push up to a better position..

Don't disrespect him in the office, no matter the hard feelings. Play the game of office respect.

Outside the office he his what he his to you..

And If he must help anybody be promoted, it must be you.

Use your opportunity wisely. He his your friend it is an advantage

Imagine it was someone's else friend whom got the job and got promoted, that fellow will hardly make excuses for you.

Just level up so you earn well . And use your opportunity wisely

I like your level of maturity.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by Ceejay57: 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2023
bro it's envy that is tryna eat you up, don't go to your boss, it will be as if you are jealous of your friend progress, better still be bold tell your friend how you feel about his new policy, suggest the better one, but that shouldn't be during work oo, since he is your neighbor.
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by PATHWALKER(m): 7:42am On Jan 31, 2023
beautyhd:
It’s not going to be easy given the fact that your friend has already started making some changes that’s unfavorable to you and others.

I had similar issues which I shared here, I’ll never help a friend get an appointment where I’m working, if it’s elsewhere I’ll do that.

If possible let him know how the changes made is affecting you and hear his response and observe his reaction
don't take advice from a women... if you do, weigh it first
Re: How Do You Feel When Your Friend Becomes Your Boss by PATHWALKER(m): 7:46am On Jan 31, 2023
this why you should not tell anybody your salary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Association Of Unemployed Graduates Of Nigeria Signpost Spotted In Enugu / N-Power: Device Delivery Update / Eko Electricity Distribution Company 2018 Recruitment Entry Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.